Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/17/2014  5:56 PM
Dagger wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Dagger wrote:I find it hilarious melo can sit there and say he's all about winning and then give a strong endorsement of Woodson in the same sentence.

He is backing Woodson and many people, including Dolan and Phil understand why he is doing it. That it, he is distancing himself from the coaching situation and does not want to be viewed as playing a part in his firing. If he said "no comment" or did not at least provide a moderate endorsement, everyone in media would interpret it as he wants him fired, and even though its likely the case, he does not want to say anything or not say anything that associates him with the inevidible firing. He's just playing the game.

I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks melo is the reason Woodson will be fired. So don't think the while coach killer thing is relevant here. A simple That's out my hands, but I have confidence in Mike as a coach" would gave been politically correct without going overboard.

People out there will still associate him as a coach killer. Logical people won't, but its a sensitive subject with him i'm sure.

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/17/2014  5:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  6:10 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Bomani Jones was on PTI and made an interesting point, all the guys who took less to team up were single at the time. LaLa might not like the idea of leaving NYC and leaving 30 million on the table.

Here we go again guys staying with us for all the wrong reasons

Dagger
Member: #4184

4/17/2014  6:04 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Bomani Jones was on PTI and made an interesting point, all the guys who took less to team up were single at the time. LaLa might not like the idea of leaving NYC and leaving 30 million on the table.

Here we go aga guys staying with us for all the wrong reasons

Yeah only reason he should stay is because he trusts Phil has the ability to build a contender. Any other reason than that he can pack his bags.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/17/2014  6:17 PM
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Here we go aga guys staying with us for all the wrong reasons

Yeah only reason he should stay is because he trusts Phil has the ability to build a contender. Any other reason than that he can pack his bags.

If Jackson didn't enter the picture I doubt that would have been enough to keep him in NY. What his wife wants is something Melo has to factor into his decision. It is what it is.

izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
4/17/2014  6:19 PM
The writing is in the wall. melo is GONE. Read what he's saying. We can only hope we can get a couple picks for him
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/17/2014  7:56 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Melo might very well be the dumbest athlete ever unless you consider Bobo the wrestler an athlete

Marbury, JR Smith and John Starks are easily dumber, and that's just some Knick players. I'm sure there are lots more. I don't think Melo is particularly dumb. He is just not willing to sacrifice (ego, money, etc.) to win.

gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
4/17/2014  8:39 PM
You have a point on those guys. I don't think JR is dumb. Just very adventurous
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/17/2014  8:54 PM
Melo comment about money was interesting.

basically melo and Lebron need to have a talk.

Dont know how, but Melo in Miami is real to me. LA LA cosmetic company whore group hangs there.

I have not read a thing but I used to do some consulting for Market America, the parent company to La La's cosmetic endeavor and these people are a trip.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

4/17/2014  9:48 PM
gunsnewing wrote:

Lebron wasn't single
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
TeamBall

4/17/2014  9:53 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 33s

Amare says he realizes that Woodson is under fire, but that he's learned more defensively under Woodson than any coach he's had.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say whaaaaat?

The laziness Amare exhibits in this play will always infuriate me
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
GustavBahler

4/17/2014  10:00 PM
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Lebron wasn't single

LeBron got married last year.

TeamBall

4/17/2014  10:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Lebron wasn't single

I don't know how that makes him single. At the time, they had like 3 kids together and they were with each other for a while.
GustavBahler

4/17/2014  10:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  10:26 PM
TeamBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Lebron wasn't single

I don't know how that makes him single. At the time, they had like 3 kids together and they were with each other for a while.

It does take "whats mine is yours" up a notch, but you have a point.

TeamBall

4/17/2014  10:48 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Lebron wasn't single

It does take "whats mine is yours" up a notch, but you have a point.

Thats true also. I get what Bomani is saying, but I think Lala is a different case since she had her own personal interest in Melo being in NY.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/17/2014  10:49 PM
The guy has said on a number of occasions that money means very little to him, but people are still saying is going stay here for max money..

Why wouldn't melo back woody, he gave him free reign to shoot at will and run the team offensively, and that one of the main reason woodson has got to go. Any decent coach knows melo is not a leader, never will be, and should not put the ball in his hands unless some else sets him up (like kidd)

ES
Moonangie
Member: #2788

4/17/2014  11:43 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Dagger wrote:I find it hilarious melo can sit there and say he's all about winning and then give a strong endorsement of Woodson in the same sentence.

He is backing Woodson and many people, including Dolan and Phil understand why he is doing it. That it, he is distancing himself from the coaching situation and does not want to be viewed as playing a part in his firing. If he said "no comment" or did not at least provide a moderate endorsement, everyone in media would interpret it as he wants him fired, and even though its likely the case, he does not want to say anything or not say anything that associates him with the inevidible firing. He's just playing the game.

Pretty much this ^^^

Glad to see Melo has handlers with some foresight. Good for him. Don't play the game, just get to winning.

Is he recruiting Lebron or someone else to NY? Let's hope so.

If not, and he heads to Chitown or Texas, so be it. He's not gonna screw us over. We'll get assets and picks for him.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

4/18/2014  2:28 AM
TeamBall wrote:

Amare says he realizes that Woodson is under fire, but that he's learned more defensively under Woodson than any coach he's had.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say whaaaaat?

I don't think it's laziness, he's just you know

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/18/2014  4:50 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Say whaaaaat?

He's shown he's capable of playing pretty good defense, but only very occasionally- it's like its so unnatural for him, he has to make a special dedicated effort.

Just watched Tysons exit interview- he said twice that we need a winning coach, which is odd as Woody hasn't been officially fired yet. Basically Tyson seems to think it's all Woody's fault, complaining that he never ran enough offence for him to take advantage of the jumper he allegedly developed in the offseason etc.

Amar'e seems to blame the players talking about the need for professionals, and how some people didn't buy in. Wonder if Amar'e is talking about Tyson, as he also said that professionals work on their body and stay healthy (think he was probably talking about Beno and JR, maybe Felton too.).

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/18/2014  8:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2014  8:05 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Say whaaaaat?

I think he thought there was going to be a 3 point shot, not a pass. He got faked very easily. It wasn't laziness as much as gullibility and bad instincts.
GustavBahler

4/18/2014  9:01 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Say whaaaaat?

I think he thought there was going to be a 3 point shot, not a pass. He got faked very easily. It wasn't laziness as much as gullibility and bad instincts.

Bingo.

Here you go: Melo's exit interview bits from the always reliable Marc Berman

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy