Official 2013/14 Playoff Thread
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/19/2014  9:39 PM
mreinman wrote:Pacers look awful

Atlanta looks so well coached.

Hang on..ATL is well coached??..How many one on one plays u see them run??..U killed Woody for ISO ...

AUTOADVERT
holfresh

4/19/2014  9:40 PM
I can't believe this is really Indy..Zero confidence out there ..
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/19/2014  9:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2014  9:48 PM
holfresh wrote:Paul Pierce showed you why you put the ball in the hands of a closer time and time again...

dude what are you hinting at? I don't think anyone needed to see Pierce hit that shot to know how much of a clutch playoff performer he is...dude won MVP of the finals... are you trying to live vicariously through another player? hey it would be nice to have a player like that.. hopefully the knicks get a player like that one day.

or better yet why not get a player like teague and a coach like atlanta has and just win in blow out fashion... I do find it funny how knicks fans felt the hawks should be trying to miss the playoffs as if they were not deserving..LOL.... but we were deserving and couldn't catch a team that was losing at an alarming rate without their best player...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/19/2014  10:06 PM
holfresh wrote:

Hang on..ATL is well coached??..How many one on one plays u see them run??..U killed Woody for ISO ...

Atlanta is very well coached. I have said a number of times that I would not want to face this team and that they are dangerous.

I have watched them really closely the last 20 games of the season. And remember, they are doing this with a weak squad that is missing their best player.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
holfresh

4/19/2014  10:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Atlanta is very well coached. I have said a number of times that I would not want to face this team and that they are dangerous.

I have watched them really closely the last 20 games of the season. And remember, they are doing this with a weak squad that is missing their best player.

So tell me, are they using a system or basically going one on one ??
holfresh

4/19/2014  10:46 PM
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:Paul Pierce showed you why you put the ball in the hands of a closer time and time again...

dude what are you hinting at? I don't think anyone needed to see Pierce hit that shot to know how much of a clutch playoff performer he is...dude won MVP of the finals... are you trying to live vicariously through another player? hey it would be nice to have a player like that.. hopefully the knicks get a player like that one day.

or better yet why not get a player like teague and a coach like atlanta has and just win in blow out fashion... I do find it funny how knicks fans felt the hawks should be trying to miss the playoffs as if they were not deserving..LOL.... but we were deserving and couldn't catch a team that was losing at an alarming rate without their best player...

Is it willful ignorance or just in denial ??..U can look up it up yourself on who some of the most clutch players the last five years have been..Melo is all over those list..

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/19/2014  10:47 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I haven't watched them closely but well coached does not just mean offensively. Personnel rotations, defense, out of time out plays, and much more.

yellowboy90

4/19/2014  10:50 PM
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:

Is it willful ignorance or just in denial ??..U can look up it up yourself on who some of the most clutch players the last five years have been..Melo is all over those list..

This is true but as a coach you have to evaluate how the player has been recently and also, seek to find him/create better situations for him. You can still get the ball in his hands but get into his hands in the spots he is most efficient at and also you have to use other players throughout the year to keep the defenses honest.

mreinman

4/19/2014  11:03 PM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I don't understand and have never studied their system or San Antonio's but I can tell you that they preach ball movement not ISO's/1 on 1 basketball.

Have you watched them play?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/19/2014  11:03 PM
Win=Well coached

We've seen the rare 1 seed get beat by 8 seed, but indy's collapse at season's end and still keep the 1 seed is improbable! Miami also fell off at the end but they are the 2 time champs.

Vogel does down in first round one has to question if he holds the job. Not that a head has to roll but a guy loses his team that fast is shocking! Teams that fail like that sometimes has to get relooked at.

This about Stephanson in a contract year?

mreinman

4/19/2014  11:10 PM
Nalod wrote:Win=Well coached

We've seen the rare 1 seed get beat by 8 seed, but indy's collapse at season's end and still keep the 1 seed is improbable! Miami also fell off at the end but they are the 2 time champs.

Vogel does down in first round one has to question if he holds the job. Not that a head has to roll but a guy loses his team that fast is shocking! Teams that fail like that sometimes has to get relooked at.

There is obvious dissension between him and management and that does not help morale. Paul George has also been awful, that does not help his coach.

"This about Stephanson in a contract year?"

What do you mean by this?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/19/2014  11:12 PM
Nalod wrote:Win=Well coached

Not a fan of the smugness Vogel displays or the comments he made about Woodson. It isn't easy to win when guys you rely on font show up.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2014  11:24 PM
I think that's irrelevant. Phil has been smug at times and I love it. Just win baby
mreinman

4/19/2014  11:25 PM
Westbrook really is not playing team ball
mreinman

4/19/2014  11:27 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I think that's irrelevant. Phil has been smug at times and I love it. Just win baby

You should win something before you earn the right to be smug

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/19/2014  11:28 PM
I appreciate the truth. Nothing Vogel said was untrue
mreinman

4/19/2014  11:29 PM
maybe he had a better chance today if he played copeland
yellowboy90

4/19/2014  11:38 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Uptown wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Posters didn't want to trade Shump for reddick. smh.

Still don't. We need 2way players. We already have THJ for Reddicks role. I can't wait to see Shump next year after giving the vote of confidence from Phil

+1....I always hated the small lineup with Melo @ the 4 and 6'5 Shump @ SF. People wonder why Shump isn't as good now, as he was on the defensive end during his rookie year. Look no further than Woodson playing him @ SF. Can see Shump playing the Ron Harper role for us next year. Shump is better off playing the 2 and some 1 as opposed to play SF.....

Exactly look at his perimeter D when Woodless finally put him back at the 2 albeit off the bench

I think that is an excuse. Shump is a good on ball defender at times but needs to expand his defensive skills. I hope he can round out his game but I am very skeptical.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/19/2014  11:39 PM
mreinman wrote:maybe he had a better chance today if he played copeland

Lol yeah. Cope played less with Indiana than he did with us. Also, I think we should have made that Teague trade. What was it again? Shump straight up?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/19/2014  11:40 PM
mreinman wrote:maybe he had a better chance today if he played copeland

Nice.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Official 2013/14 Playoff Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy