Official 2013/14 Playoff Thread
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/24/2014  3:37 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Houston we have a problem. They picked a bad time to go all knicks like late in the game

Houston has zero heart- Harden, Dwight and Parsons- lots of arrogance, skill, but no heart- I find it impossible to root for those guys.

why do you put Parsons in there. He is an overachiever at every level.

Also, the blazers have a new school approach and very good offense overall. It's just that Aldridge is inefficient but he has played amazingly so far this series.

Parsons changed this year, attitude wise- he had some success last year and it went to his head. It happens, it's very common, but at the same time I just find him more annoying.

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/24/2014  4:04 PM
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Houston we have a problem. They picked a bad time to go all knicks like late in the game

Houston has zero heart- Harden, Dwight and Parsons- lots of arrogance, skill, but no heart- I find it impossible to root for those guys.

Also, the blazers have a new school approach and very good offense overall. It's just that Aldridge is inefficient but he has played amazingly so far this series.

Parsons changed this year, attitude wise- he had some success last year and it went to his head. It happens, it's very common, but at the same time I just find him more annoying.

Parsons is a very good player that keeps improving. How do you see him getting a big head?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
smackeddog
4/24/2014  4:18 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Parsons is a very good player that keeps improving. How do you see him getting a big head?

He ditched Lin (not that I'm a big fan) and sided with Dwight and Harden this season, he seems to think he's on their level. Then he declared before last nights game that he was the best SF in that series. Maybe true but a bit arrogant for a second year player, who I think is a bit over rated- then he spectacularly failed to back up his claim. I get that most players are quite arrogant, and they use that to push themselves, but there's something about him that rubs me up the wrong way.

I don't know, it's easier to root for a player when they are breaking out, but it's a shame when they become an ******* the following year as a result! (See Paul George!)

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/24/2014  4:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

He ditched Lin (not that I'm a big fan) and sided with Dwight and Harden this season, he seems to think he's on their level. Then he declared before last nights game that he was the best SF in that series. Maybe true but a bit arrogant for a second year player, who I think is a bit over rated- then he spectacularly failed to back up his claim. I get that most players are quite arrogant, and they use that to push themselves, but there's something about him that rubs me up the wrong way.

I don't know, it's easier to root for a player when they are breaking out, but it's a shame when they become an ******* the following year as a result! (See Paul George!)

I did not see that he said that he is the best SF in the series (link?). That's not cool and I don't respect talk like that.

And ... Batum is certainly the better player IMHO

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/24/2014  5:30 PM
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

IDk about that but that's your opinion. IS he more demonstrative on the court after shots or does he make stupid comments? I'm bias because I followed his career since he was working hard trying to get a UF offer.

yellowboy90

4/24/2014  5:32 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

How has he ditched Lin? Also, I think Dwight and Parsons were really good friends before this year. Howard credited Parsons for talking him into coming to Houston.

smackeddog
4/24/2014  6:03 PM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I did not see that he said that he is the best SF in the series (link?). That's not cool and I don't respect talk like that.

And ... Batum is certainly the better player IMHO

Chris Webber was talking about it during the game- basically ridiculing Parson for saying it.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/24/2014  6:41 PM
RoyBatty wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Harden disappeared in the OKC finals, disappeared last year too. I hope he disappears all the way, just because I don't like Morey.

Harden has played awful so far.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/24/2014  7:01 PM
Don't know what hardens deal is. He's been awful every playoffs going back to his days in OKC.

Actually he sucked in the finals vs Miami but was very good prior. Maybe he was never able to shake that series off. Blowing patios etc

CrushAlot
USA
4/24/2014  7:33 PM
Pacers down 6 early.
yellowboy90

4/24/2014  8:12 PM
Millsap has been g up a lot of open shots these past two games so far. Wide open 3s he has passed up lead to him driving into no where or ends up Antic shooting an open 3. Antic is not a good 3 pt shooter at all. I know Millsap may not take a lot but he takes more than Antic and Antic has been launching them.

Cope alert.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/24/2014  8:46 PM
Any seed in the west is better than any team in the east except Miami. Miami will get a worn down opponent again. No team is beating Miami although they are not as good in the east. Probably another 7 game final
RIP Crushalot😞
Swishfm3
Member: #392
4/24/2014  9:05 PM
Loving these playoffs games! Stand to make GOOD money if Atlanta and Memphis can pull the series out. ($250 if Portland sweeps Houston)

Pacers looking like last years NY Knicks. P.George has no help out there.

yellowboy90

4/24/2014  9:11 PM
Hawks will lose this game.
CrushAlot
USA
4/24/2014  9:11 PM
Huge shot by korver.
yellowboy90

4/24/2014  9:15 PM
Pacers will win this and win out the series. The Hawks gave it a good try.
CrushAlot
USA
4/24/2014  9:16 PM
Pacers over the limit with 6 minutes left.
CrushAlot
USA
4/24/2014  9:20 PM
Carrol makes plays
holfresh
Member: #1081

4/24/2014  9:22 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Loving these playoffs games! Stand to make GOOD money if Atlanta and Memphis can pull the series out. ($250 if Portland sweeps Houston)

Pacers looking like last years NY Knicks. P.George has no help out there.

Scola keeping them in it..

yellowboy90

4/24/2014  9:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  9:28 PM
That teague shot with the Micheal surprised expression.
Official 2013/14 Playoff Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy