Member: #3189

4/24/2014  9:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  9:59 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Aldridge is going all "last year Hibbert" in the playoffs. Efficiency is coming from nowhere. I still scratch my head at some of his shots but every player takes bad shots.

He is just on this series. Don't really care for his rainbow shot selection.

Aldridge is flowing though. I give him credit for having it going on both ends too. He kind of slowed down Howard in the 1st half too.

Let's see what he does for the full playoffs. You are the one who introduced me to his low percentages, I was not even aware how low it was.

Btw, I am trying to find a sight that tracks passes per touches and assist opportunities per touch. NBA.com has them separate (e.g.):

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingPassing.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sortField=AST_POT&sortOrder=DES&filters=TeamAbbr*E*NYK

and I don't want to do all the dirty work. I have seen these stats before but I can't find them.

Yeah, I know that's why I am surprised but will give credit. It's just two games but if he keeps it up look out. Indy became dominant because Hibbert turned his 49 TS% into a 57 TS%.

Also, if you find those stats post a link for me, Thanks.

I love Aldridge's game, and it's great to see him having a monster series. Rooting for the Blazers- it's old school basketball versus analytics!

Same here. Aldridge is one of my favorite players. He actually reminds me a little of Kevin McHale with better range. Not all the up and under moves but the fact that he can take his man down low or take him outside.

The only difference is that McHale was one of the most efficient PF's of all time and LA has not been inefficient.

I don't think that old school (top) PF's were inefficient.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/24/2014  10:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  10:50 AM
holfresh wrote:Aldridge put up some crazy shots tonight..Not the blueprint to win but worked tonight..

do you watch any portland games? these are shots he takes on the regular.... he is a jump shooting big.. this is the lowest this year he has ever shot from the field at 46%, he is usually around 50% and for a guy who shoots a lot of jumpers that is very, very good.... It has been working for the blazers as they had a pretty good season this year.... it just didn't work tonight, but the other night and all season..

clarification:

it just didn't work tonight,

It not only worked tonight, but the other night as well and all season...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
4/24/2014  10:37 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Rockets lose and I think Big Chief Triangle can have Morey by the short and curly. If they want Melo..I want Asik, Lin, Parsons, Montijunas, 1st round pick and 2nd round pick.

or they can just package lin, parsons and asik to another team for a younger SF who actually defends the perimeter... something they need.. if their only options is to trade that much talent and a pick for carmelo then they are better off staying put.... scoring is not their problem.. defense is.... Luol Deng, would make sense for them, jeff green from the celtics.... they could go for avery bradley and jeff green.... there are so many other options and morey is an advanced stat freak...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1

4/24/2014  10:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  10:50 AM
tkf wrote:
holfresh wrote:Aldridge put up some crazy shots tonight..Not the blueprint to win but worked tonight..

do you watch any portland games? these are shots he takes on the regular.... he is a jump shooting big.. this is the lowest this year he has ever shot from the field at 46%, he is usually around 50% and for a guy who shoots a lot of jumpers that is very, very good.... It has been working for the blazers as they had a pretty good season this year.... it just didn't work tonight, but the other night and all season..

It din't work tonight? Really? Are you commenting about a playoff game that you did not even watch? SMH!

Maybe he should NOT be just a jump shooting big and then he would not have an awful TS this year.

tkf
4/24/2014  10:38 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Rockets lose and I think Big Chief Triangle can have Morey by the short and curly. If they want Melo..I want Asik, Lin, Parsons, Montijunas, 1st round pick and 2nd round pick.

Melo doesn't fit there...Melo holds the ball, Harden pounds the ball, DHow needs it in the post...

Yeah...but I think they will panic and make this move.

when has morey ever showed a history of making panic moves?

tkf
4/24/2014  10:46 AM
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Aldridge is going all "last year Hibbert" in the playoffs. Efficiency is coming from nowhere. I still scratch my head at some of his shots but every player takes bad shots.

He is just on this series. Don't really care for his rainbow shot selection.

Aldridge is flowing though. I give him credit for having it going on both ends too. He kind of slowed down Howard in the 1st half too.

Let's see what he does for the full playoffs. You are the one who introduced me to his low percentages, I was not even aware how low it was.

Btw, I am trying to find a sight that tracks passes per touches and assist opportunities per touch. NBA.com has them separate (e.g.):

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingPassing.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sortField=AST_POT&sortOrder=DES&filters=TeamAbbr*E*NYK

and I don't want to do all the dirty work. I have seen these stats before but I can't find them.

Yeah, I know that's why I am surprised but will give credit. It's just two games but if he keeps it up look out. Indy became dominant because Hibbert turned his 49 TS% into a 57 TS%.

Also, if you find those stats post a link for me, Thanks.

I love Aldridge's game, and it's great to see him having a monster series. Rooting for the Blazers- it's old school basketball versus analytics!

you do know portland is one of the NBA teams heavy into advanced stats....

tkf
4/24/2014  10:47 AM
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Houston we have a problem. They picked a bad time to go all knicks like late in the game

Houston has zero heart- Harden, Dwight and Parsons- lots of arrogance, skill, but no heart- I find it impossible to root for those guys.

really? so let me ask you, did you root for this years knicks? do you think this team had a lot of heart? do you not think this team was arrogant? just asking?

tkf
4/24/2014  10:49 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Houston we have a problem. They picked a bad time to go all knicks like late in the game

Houston has zero heart- Harden, Dwight and Parsons- lots of arrogance, skill, but no heart- I find it impossible to root for those guys.

why do you put Parsons in there. He is an overachiever at every level.

Also, the blazers have a new school approach and very good offense overall. It's just that Aldridge is inefficient but he has played amazingly so far this series.

you do know he is a career 49% shooter.. care to explain how that is inefficient?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/24/2014  10:54 AM
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Melo doesn't fit there...Melo holds the ball, Harden pounds the ball, DHow needs it in the post...

when has morey ever showed a history of making panic moves?you

Why you messing up my buzz with logic?

tkf
4/24/2014  11:25 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:

when has morey ever showed a history of making panic moves?you

Why you messing up my buzz with logic?

LOL.. sorry man.....trust me, I would love to add asik, lin parsons and a pick to this team for carmelo.. but that would bet getting my hopes up... I am just taking the wait and see approach on most things.. especially since I have no data on phil as a GM, since he has never done that job before... I do hope for the best tho...

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/24/2014  11:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  11:37 AM
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:

When he offered Lin and Asik 15 mil per to sign on...Phil won't make that panic trade tho..Morey will choke on those contracts..No GM will bail him out of those...

mreinman

4/24/2014  11:37 AM
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Whe he offered Lin ans Asik 15 mil per to sign on...

wasn't it 15 million for the third years? (poison pill)

holfresh

4/24/2014  11:40 AM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:

yes...Now it's an anvil around his neck...If he can't move those contracts, Portland will get better next year...

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/24/2014  11:40 AM
$8mil per to the Rockets
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/24/2014  11:42 AM
Lin at $8mio would be a lot more valuable to the Knicks than the rockets. There was already a comfort level here. Unfortunately we were too busy "woo'ing" 40yr old Steve Nash
mreinman

4/24/2014  11:43 AM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:

yes...Now it's an anvil around his neck...If he can't move those contracts, Portland will get better next year...

I think that a team like the knicks will take back the salaries along with picks in a trade.

It does not hurt our 2015 prospects.

Morey's huges mistakes were not bringing back lowry and/or dragic. Those guys are sorely needed on this team.

holfresh

4/24/2014  11:46 AM
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I think that a team like the knicks will take back the salaries along with picks in a trade.

Morey's huges mistakes were not bringing back lowry and/or dragic. Those guys are sorely needed on this team.

Right, Phil is going to trade Melo for Lin and Asik...Revive Linsanity..Good one...

mreinman

4/24/2014  11:49 AM
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Right, Phil is going to trade Melo for Lin and Asik...Revive Linsanity..Good one...

Lin, Aisik, Parson's and Picks ...

Certainly will be discussed as a possibility. If he will only sign for the max then phil will have to get the best trade available.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2014  12:56 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Lin at $8mio would be a lot more valuable to the Knicks than the rockets. There was already a comfort level here. Unfortunately we were too busy "woo'ing" 40yr old Steve Nash

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm
Guns... Lin/Asik both sceduled to make 14.9mm next year. They both have higher paydays than Harden

Rockets payroll goes from $57mm to $71mm next year! How in gods name are the Rockets in the running to sign Melo?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
holfresh

4/24/2014  12:59 PM
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Lin at $8mio would be a lot more valuable to the Knicks than the rockets. There was already a comfort level here. Unfortunately we were too busy "woo'ing" 40yr old Steve Nash

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm
Guns... Lin/Asik both sceduled to make 14.9mm next year. They both have higher paydays than Harden

Rockets payroll goes from $57mm to $71mm next year! How in gods name are the Rockets in the running to sign Melo?

They are hoping Phil has a hard-on for Lin and Asik...

Official 2013/14 Playoff Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy