Amare confirms team mutiny against Michael Woodson
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

4/18/2014  3:52 AM
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:we are having the same problems now as we did when marbury was here... we didn't have it when amare got here... but boy as soon as we started adding the denver malcontents, we are back to the good ole marbury days.... wow....

I look forward to seeing what topics you post about once Melo has gone- you've been stuck in a rut for a long, long time.

he'll be talking about basketball, watchable knick basketball... because that's what you'll likely see once the clowns get the heave-ho

are you guys related? or best friends or something? lol its too funny how you guys behave like long lost lovers KNOWING what the other person will post about in the future. talk about logical thinking

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/18/2014  9:01 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:in san antonio they look for high character players who play defense. i wonder if that the right formula for success.

can't wait for phil jackson's "culture change" edict to take effect.

Is Tony Parker a high character guy, who tried and seemingly successfully banged his teammate's wife??...If u smile and speak softly, I guess u are high character??...Is Steven Jackson a high character guy??..Robert Horry, a high character guy???..All Spurs..Wasn't the GM arrested for DWI??..Didn't Layden have a high character team??

are you afraid that jr smith and carmelo won't make the cut? neither defend and both lack character. those are facts, just like your "facts."

Trying to build a team based on your myopic point of view??..The real world doesn't work that way..U don't get to choose who has good character and who doesn't...

So you are waiting for Phil's culture change are u??..He just signed a guy who was allegedly smoking crack a year ago..You must be beaming..

you don't really understand what it takes to be successful in the real world so i am going to share this article with you.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24526268/pops-way-spurs-thrive-with-duncan-d-adaptability-family-atmosphere

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  9:16 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:in san antonio they look for high character players who play defense. i wonder if that the right formula for success.

Is Tony Parker a high character guy, who tried and seemingly successfully banged his teammate's wife??...If u smile and speak softly, I guess u are high character??...Is Steven Jackson a high character guy??..Robert Horry, a high character guy???..All Spurs..Wasn't the GM arrested for DWI??..Didn't Layden have a high character team??

are you afraid that jr smith and carmelo won't make the cut? neither defend and both lack character. those are facts, just like your "facts."

actually those are opinions.

and holfresh's facts are actually facts and not opinions okay got it

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  9:21 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Trying to build a team based on your myopic point of view??..The real world doesn't work that way..U don't get to choose who has good character and who doesn't...

So you are waiting for Phil's culture change are u??..He just signed a guy who was allegedly smoking crack a year ago..You must be beaming..

in the real world when a guy you have coached is down on his luck and looking for work and comes super cheap, you think about giving him a hand up. he may reward you and if he doesn't you can cut him. simple. and i am not a fan of odom or his game but this is the human element here. this is not the same situation as smiff's brother.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/18/2014  10:23 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:we are having the same problems now as we did when marbury was here... we didn't have it when amare got here... but boy as soon as we started adding the denver malcontents, we are back to the good ole marbury days.... wow....

I look forward to seeing what topics you post about once Melo has gone- you've been stuck in a rut for a long, long time.

he'll be talking about basketball, watchable knick basketball... because that's what you'll likely see once the clowns get the heave-ho

are you guys related? or best friends or something? lol its too funny how you guys behave like long lost lovers KNOWING what the other person will post about in the future. talk about logical thinking

or maybe great minds think alike? either way what business is it of yours?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/18/2014  10:42 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

you don't really understand what it takes to be successful in the real world so i am going to share this article with you.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24526268/pops-way-spurs-thrive-with-duncan-d-adaptability-family-atmosphere

good read, I know people aren't perfect, but some make it a practice at being a moron and douchebag.. those are the players we want to avoid. guys like parker, ginobili and Duncan are high character guys.. I don't know anything about parker and who he is trying to sleep with, but I bet if you ask every player he has played with what kind of person and teamate he is and you would get glowing reviews.... These guys conduct themselves as men and professionals, especially on the court, no silly guitar celebrations, fingers to the head, just get the job done...

Stephen Jacskon was a bit of a troubled dude, never liked him much, but when you have a winning and professional culture you can absorb personalities like that..

I find it funny how people will defend some of the worst behaviors, business practices and results, just because it happens to be the work of the knicks...

I like excellence, I appreciate it.. even if it is being done by other organizations.. for anyone to find fault with how the spurs do business tells me, as you put it... " really don't understand what it takes to be successful in the real world"..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/18/2014  10:45 AM
Here's Amar'es quote- does it sound like a dig at Tyson?:

"You got to have pros. Pros are the guys who actually focus in on becoming a better basketball player," Stoudemire said. "Who are constant about their health, constant about training, and improving and studying the game of basketball."

He definitely doesn't like JR, and I guess is also blasting him there.

smackeddog
4/18/2014  10:49 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I always think Melo comes across as a nice guy, whatever issues you may have with the way he plays. He works hard in the offseason, never gets into trouble off the court, always seems likeable in interviews. He has zero leadership skills, but not everyone does- seems to be too nice a guy to crack the whip or call out his teammates.

dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  11:16 AM
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I always think Melo comes across as a nice guy, whatever issues you may have with the way he plays. He works hard in the offseason, never gets into trouble off the court, always seems likeable in interviews. He has zero leadership skills, but not everyone does- seems to be too nice a guy to crack the whip or call out his teammates.

you know what i call a guy who thinks he is better than he actually is and cannot see his true value or worth in a specific situation? a conceited and selfish fool.

the trade for carmelo was wrong on so many levels, not the least of which was his lack of leadership skills. but see in this case he had the ideal client in dolan who has similar issues.

smackeddog
4/18/2014  11:22 AM
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

you know what i call a guy who thinks he is better than he actually is and cannot see his true value or worth in a specific situation? a conceited and selfish fool.

I think thats harsh- how does anyone know how good they are? How do you know you don't think you're better than you are?

There's rarely any agreement or consensus regarding how good bball players are- so how would Melo (or anyone else) know exactly what their objective value/worth is (not that such a thing even exists)? A lot of basketball players excel because of their self belief- often thats exaggerated but it's a useful force that helps drive them- don't really think Melo should be damned for that.

dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  11:45 AM
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I think thats harsh- how does anyone know how good they are? How do you know you don't think you're better than you are?

There's rarely any agreement or consensus regarding how good bball players are- so how would Melo (or anyone else) know exactly what their objective value/worth is (not that such a thing even exists)? A lot of basketball players excel because of their self belief- often thats exaggerated but it's a useful force that helps drive them- don't really think Melo should be damned for that.

he was very clear that he wanted to make as much money as possible before the new cba took effect. he wanted to get paid and not wait. actions speak louder than words. he thought he was so good that the knicks would be fine right away, then changed his tune to "i knew it would take several seasons to build a winning team." and then he starts off this season saying he wants to test free agency, which tells me he is not committed to winning in new york.

i mean come on this is ridiculous. he's a clown.

but to soften the blow-- i kind of feel sorry for him because he is so oblivious-- and truth be told he can really excel in a limited role, kind of like mark aguirre was in detroit.

mreinman
Member: #3189

4/18/2014  11:50 AM
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

the trade for carmelo was wrong on so many levels, not the least of which was his lack of leadership skills. but see in this case he had the ideal client in dolan who has similar issues.

That is a lame beef.

So you are calling him out for being narcissistic? And do you think you are not a narcissist? Most people today are quite narcissistic.

I think some self inflection may be in order before we call others out for overrating their worth.

I believe that he knows that he needs to team up with other (super) stars if wants to see the ultimate success. That is why he pines for Chris Paul. He needs a leader and orchestrator to be successful. Do you think that he thinks that he is good enough to do alone?

With all the idiots out there you are picking on this guy who has been pretty much a model citizen here?

The guy has raised his game here and battled hard. Perhaps you should pick on the guys who capped us and have not given their all or lived up and never shut their mouths.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  11:53 AM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

That is a lame beef.

So you are calling him out for being narcissistic? And do you think you are not a narcissist? Most people today are quite narcissistic.

I think some self inflection may be in order before we call others out for overrating their worth.

I believe that he knows that he needs to team up with other (super) stars if wants to see the ultimate success. That is why he pines for Chris Paul. He needs a leader and orchestrator to be successful. Do you think that he thinks that he is good enough to do alone?

With all the idiots out there you are picking on this guy who has been pretty much a model citizen here?

The guy has raised his game here and battled hard. Perhaps you should pick on the guys who capped us and have not given their all or lived up and never shut their mouths.

lets get down to brass tacks: what did you think of the carmelo anthony trade? did you think it was a great move? did you think carmelo was worth it? were you one of the people who said you would make that trade a 1000 out of a 1000 times?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/18/2014  11:57 AM
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

he was very clear that he wanted to make as much money as possible before the new cba took effect. he wanted to get paid and not wait. actions speak louder than words. he thought he was so good that the knicks would be fine right away, then changed his tune to "i knew it would take several seasons to build a winning team." and then he starts off this season saying he wants to test free agency, which tells me he is not committed to winning in new york.

but to soften the blow-- i kind of feel sorry for him because he is so oblivious-- and truth be told he can really excel in a limited role, kind of like mark aguirre was in detroit.

At the time of the trade owners wanted the new CBA to limit player movement. Money was definitely a factor but Melo wanted out of Denver and the owners were outspoken about locking out the players and creating a much more owner friendly CBA.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman

4/18/2014  12:09 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

That is a lame beef.

lets get down to brass tacks: what did you think of the carmelo anthony trade? did you think it was a great move? did you think carmelo was worth it? were you one of the people who said you would make that trade a 1000 out of a 1000 times?

Not at all. I though we gave up too much then and still think that. You know that I am balanced on this, I am the one who started the mozgov thread.

I don't displace my anger though and need a scapegoat. I know who made that trade.

knicks1248
Member: #582
4/18/2014  12:11 PM
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

why should he have waited? why should the knicks have waited?

The knicks could have lost him to bklyn

The Lock out clearly was aimed had lowering salaries and limiting player movemnt.

What kind of a business move would that have been for both the knicks and melo, a dumb one perhaps

ES
dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  12:12 PM
i am sorry i do not know who you believe made that trade. please tell me.
mreinman

4/18/2014  12:15 PM
dk7th wrote:i am sorry i do not know who you believe made that trade. please tell me.

Not Melo. Do you think he negotiated the assets too?

It was your narcissist buddy Donnie Walsh who thought so highly of himself and was so greedy that he narcissistic-ally thought that he could work for Dolan and be successful at it. Overrate himself a bit? See what I did there?

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/18/2014  12:47 PM
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Well he asked you questions which you didn't answer and then you asked him a question then stated your opinions.

dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  1:23 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Well he asked you questions which you didn't answer and then you asked him a question then stated your opinions.

face it he holfresh doesn't want the low-character personnel on the knicks given the heave-ho. that's why he tries to distract by making a stupid comparison to the most successful franchise the league has known. the whole notion of "culture change" frightens him because he is drawn to and admires the wrong people. i heard someone allude to the fact that holfresh defends isiah thomas.

Amare confirms team mutiny against Michael Woodson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy