[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Amare confirms team mutiny against Michael Woodson
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/17/2014  12:32 PM
we are having the same problems now as we did when marbury was here... we didn't have it when amare got here... but boy as soon as we started adding the denver malcontents, we are back to the good ole marbury days.... wow....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/17/2014  12:36 PM
in san antonio they look for high character players who play defense. i wonder if that the right formula for success.

can't wait for phil jackson's "culture change" edict to take effect.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/17/2014  12:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:
toad wrote:He said the same thing about D'Antoni when he was here. So, either Amar'e is an idiot that talks out of his butt or this group is full of dummies with bad attitudes. I'd believe either at this point.

I like amare, but you are correct.. I think these dudes, amare, carmelo, chandler all talk out of their butts.. when the mutiny went on with dantoni, there was all of this cryptic talk by amare about guys not buying in.. honestly I think carmelo sabotaged dantoni and the team, and he did it again this year... this year, i don't think he was alone, but this IMO is a major problem... this team is full of morons...

as one of the leaders of this team, amare should have spoken out, more directly, saying all of this at years end is a joke!!!

If Amare was true leader here, he should start showing it with just a tad bit of defense and maybe 2-3 games where he can bag more that 1 assists especially if he complains about ball movement. Don't ya think?

This guy is an all time tool.

This post is a straight hate post, if you disagree with him that means your defending woodsons switching, horrible horrible PNR defense, his use of melo, and it idiotic rotations.

If your saying that he should be the last one to voice his dislikes about the coach, he is. There was only 3 players on this roster that had not said anything negative about the coach (really 2 because melo was seen telling his coach to SHUT THE FCK UP in a huddle) JR, and Felton.

It's been documented that Melo, and Amare were not big believers in all those damn ISO's, but you have to do what the coach calls, or atleast TRY.

Melos dislike of a MDA's system, and Amare's testament about guys not not buying in to the coach, that just confirms that if your key guys aren't buying in to what your saying as a coach, YOUR TOAST!!

The coach sucks! But Amare having another episode of diarrhea mouth is making many here sick.

Mr Salbatross should just shut up and take his free money.

He talks about ball movement yet he has one of the worst Usage : Assist ratio's of all time (THE GUY WON'T/DOESN'T PASS THE DAMN BALL).

And, is it the switching defensive scheme that's the problem for Amare or is it ANY SCHEMe that confuses him?

He has become a buffoon of a cartoon.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman

4/17/2014  12:39 PM
dk7th wrote:in san antonio they look for high character players who play defense. i wonder if that the right formula for success.

So I guess the first huge mistake was to bring the most lopsided one way player in the NBA, right?

I just want to make sure that I understand that you and TKF are very fart apart on Amare.

TKF likes him and what he brought here, and you DK hate non two way players/non defensive players, correct?

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/17/2014  12:45 PM
dk7th wrote:in san antonio they look for high character players who play defense. i wonder if that the right formula for success.

it did. He signed Lamar Odom.

Haha.. you boys are gonna have a tough off season

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/17/2014  12:52 PM
mreinman wrote:

So I guess the first huge mistake was to bring the most lopsided one way player in the NBA, right?

I just want to make sure that I understand that you and TKF are very fart apart on Amare.

TKF likes him and what he brought here, and you DK hate non two way players/non defensive players, correct?

yes i hate one way players, but i would have settled for a decidedly positive-sum player. amare managed to be that when a quality orchestrator was his teammate. that did not happen in new york. felton is not that guy and it's not even close.

i also want to point out that acquiring stoudemire as a free agent was a necessity brought about by extenuating circumstances. after two years of roster flush and knowing we would endure two losing seasons before seeing daylight, we nonetheless managed to get to 28-26 before being blown to bits.

with the melo fiasco-- another one way player and much closer to zero-sum than people want to acknowledge-- that was a choice and not even close to necessity.

apples to apples please.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman

4/17/2014  1:13 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

yes i hate one way players, but i would have settled for a decidedly positive-sum player. amare managed to be that when a quality orchestrator was his teammate. that did not happen in new york. felton is not that guy and it's not even close.

i also want to point out that acquiring stoudemire as a free agent was a necessity brought about by extenuating circumstances. after two years of roster flush and knowing we would endure two losing seasons before seeing daylight, we nonetheless managed to get to 28-26 before being blown to bits.

with the melo fiasco-- another one way player and much closer to zero-sum than people want to acknowledge-- that was a choice and not even close to necessity.

apples to apples please.

Excuses and more of them ... and lots of flip flopping

Square peg in round whole.

tkf
4/17/2014  1:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  1:18 PM
mreinman wrote:

why are you so concerened with what DK and I like about amare.. we like two way players.. amare has been a favorite of mine since he was in HS.. not exactly a two way player, but certainly one who early in his career showed some defensive potential. I also like players with work ethic, and amare is know as a hard worker.. he is also an electric player, or was in his prime... would he be a player I start a team with.. No, but certaianly a player I enjoyed watching.

you seem to deal in extremes, most lopsided one way player in the NBA? I thought that was allen iverson according to you? the knicks have made worse moves than amare.. all he cost us was money.. in the end he didn't cost us picks or players... and had we not made silly moves after we signed him, we could have mitigated that signing, but that is another story... In the end, I want the, all gone, from amare, to carmelo, down to the ball boy...

I hope that clears things up so you don't go putting words in my mouth...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
4/17/2014  1:16 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

apples to apples please.

how is he flip flopping. He made that point clear for a long time now...

you tend to misrepresent what people say just to hear yourself argue..

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/17/2014  1:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  1:30 PM
foosballnick wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Amare who came into the league in a system that stressed playing as a team. All the things said here between playa, nix, myself & others regarding guys refusal to buy into Michael Woodson's offense and defensive strategies because they disagreed with it was just confirmed by Amare.

Stupid switching on pnr's, back door plays and stupid ISO whether it was him or melo he's the coach. All the late game blunders by he himself and his players which again he is responsible for. Total misuse of the roster. Melo 40mins. No Cole, Turray, Tyler who were starving for a chance. Misuse of Amare early. Shitty treatment of Shumpert. Letting JR do whatever he wanted early. Different set of rules for different players. If not for Phil's presense we don't win 25 games. I dont think Michael Woodson will ever be a head coach in the nba again.

Amare says next year they need to be on the same page starting day 1 of camp whatever the plan is.

Thanks Woody. Thank You for subjecting me to the most putrid, pathetic, inexplicably terrible brand of basketball I've ever seen from a team on any level. Thank You for 37-45. 1978 is calling

Link??

"Certain strategies were placed upon us by coach that players didn't buy in early on" Listen to the radio it's all over the radio.

TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

4/17/2014  1:20 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

apples to apples please.

What made signing Amare a necessity?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
mreinman

4/17/2014  1:21 PM
tkf wrote:
mreinman wrote:

why are you so concerened with what DK and I like about amare.. we like two way players.. amare has been a favorite of mine since he was in HS.. not exactly a two way player, but certainly one who early in his career showed some defensive potential. I also like players with work ethic, and amare is know as a hard worker.. he is also an electric player, or was in his prime... would he be a player I start a team with.. No, but certaianly a player I enjoyed watching.

you seem to deal in extremes, most lopsided one way player in the NBA? I thought that was allen iverson according to you? the knicks have made worse moves than amare.. all he cost us was money.. in the end he didn't cost us picks or players... and had we not made silly moves after we signed him, we could have mitigated that signing, but that is another story...

Iverson? And which "one" of the "ways" was his "one way"?

Amare only costed us money? how about cap flex? The ability to sign others? The ability to have you maxi be able to stay on the court?

Defensive potential? Really?

So far from a two way player and the one way, he never passes the ball but calls for ball movement. NOT THE TYPE OF CAP KILLA THAT I WOULD WANT TO BUILD AROUND.

Oh ... and we talkin playoffs?

mreinman

4/17/2014  1:21 PM
tkf wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

apples to apples please.

how is he flip flopping. He made that point clear for a long time now...

you tend to misrepresent what people say just to hear yourself argue..

it was deeper than the surface, not sure you got there.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/17/2014  2:02 PM
I find it interesting how avg or below offensive players that are good/great defenders are two-way players but efficient offensive players that are avg/good defenders are not two-way players.
tkf
4/17/2014  2:33 PM
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:
mreinman wrote:

you seem to deal in extremes, most lopsided one way player in the NBA? I thought that was allen iverson according to you? the knicks have made worse moves than amare.. all he cost us was money.. in the end he didn't cost us picks or players... and had we not made silly moves after we signed him, we could have mitigated that signing, but that is another story...

Iverson? And which "one" of the "ways" was his "one way"?

Amare only costed us money? how about cap flex? The ability to sign others? The ability to have you maxi be able to stay on the court?

So far from a two way player and the one way, he never passes the ball but calls for ball movement. NOT THE TYPE OF CAP KILLA THAT I WOULD WANT TO BUILD AROUND.

Oh ... and we talkin playoffs?

you were the one who called iverson one way...

and what cap flex did amare cost us.. we still had room for another max contract.. we just added the wrong players......

yea, really.....

not sure what the hell you are arguing.. I wonder if you do most of the time.. not one of us said that we wanted to build around amare.... he was sort of a forced consolation prize.. I liked him as a player.... what point are you trying to make? if any?

tkf
4/17/2014  2:36 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I find it interesting how avg or below offensive players that are good/great defenders are two-way players but efficient offensive players that are avg/good defenders are not two-way players.

who is the below avg or offensive player you are referring to?

and who is the avg/good defender you are referring to..

oh please tell me you are not going to say what I think you are.. if so.. just please don't go there....

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/17/2014  3:23 PM
We are now talking about Amare Stoudamire's defensive "potential".
It has actually come to this.

Up next: Stat's latent ability to lead the league in assists.

Next week, a new thread introducing proof positive that Marbury and Melo have had absolutely identical Knick careers.

tkf
4/17/2014  3:31 PM
jrodmc wrote:We are now talking about Amare Stoudamire's defensive "potential".
It has actually come to this.

Up next: Stat's latent ability to lead the league in assists.

Next week, a new thread introducing proof positive that Marbury and Melo have had absolutely identical Knick careers.

no, you are talking about it.. but hey thats a change for you, at least its basketball..

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/17/2014  3:37 PM
tkf wrote:we are having the same problems now as we did when marbury was here... we didn't have it when amare got here... but boy as soon as we started adding the denver malcontents, we are back to the good ole marbury days.... wow....

I look forward to seeing what topics you post about once Melo has gone- you've been stuck in a rut for a long, long time.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/17/2014  4:21 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Amare who came into the league in a system that stressed playing as a team. All the things said here between playa, nix, myself & others regarding guys refusal to buy into Michael Woodson's offense and defensive strategies because they disagreed with it was just confirmed by Amare.

Stupid switching on pnr's, back door plays and stupid ISO whether it was him or melo he's the coach. All the late game blunders by he himself and his players which again he is responsible for. Total misuse of the roster. Melo 40mins. No Cole, Turray, Tyler who were starving for a chance. Misuse of Amare early. Shitty treatment of Shumpert. Letting JR do whatever he wanted early. Different set of rules for different players. If not for Phil's presense we don't win 25 games. I dont think Michael Woodson will ever be a head coach in the nba again.

Amare says next year they need to be on the same page starting day 1 of camp whatever the plan is.

Thanks Woody. Thank You for subjecting me to the most putrid, pathetic, inexplicably terrible brand of basketball I've ever seen from a team on any level. Thank You for 37-45. 1978 is calling

Why would you bash Woodson when he was the same coach with same system that had them #2 in the East and with 54 wins in 2012/13?

It was the players who quit on Woodson and all of us fans. Woodson never quit - he kept trying -- it was chumps like Tyson/Stat/JR/Shump that threw the season down the toilet. Woodson just stayed with a basic system that has made him a solid coach in the league. I believe he ends this season being +30 games over 500 as a Knicks coach ---

Amare confirms team mutiny against Michael Woodson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy