[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Amare confirms team mutiny against Michael Woodson
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/16/2014  11:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  12:00 AM
Amare who came into the league in a system that stressed playing as a team. All the things said here between playa, nix, myself & others regarding guys refusal to buy into Michael Woodson's offense and defensive strategies because they disagreed with it was just confirmed by Amare.

Stupid switching on pnr's, back door plays and stupid ISO whether it was him or melo he's the coach. All the late game blunders by he himself and his players which again he is responsible for. Total misuse of the roster. Melo 40mins. No Cole, Turray, Tyler who were starving for a chance. Misuse of Amare early. Shitty treatment of Shumpert. Letting JR do whatever he wanted early. Different set of rules for different players. If not for Phil's presense we don't win 25 games. I dont think Michael Woodson will ever be a head coach in the nba again.

Amare says next year they need to be on the same page starting day 1 of camp whatever the plan is.

Thanks Woody. Thank You for subjecting me to the most putrid, pathetic, inexplicably terrible brand of basketball I've ever seen from a team on any level. Thank You for 37-45. 1978 is calling

AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

4/16/2014  11:31 PM
lol dayum. you're not sugarcoating anything. but i agree he did the worst job as a coach going back to isiah days.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
toad
Member: #4338

4/16/2014  11:49 PM
He said the same thing about D'Antoni when he was here. So, either Amar'e is an idiot that talks out of his butt or this group is full of dummies with bad attitudes. I'd believe either at this point.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/17/2014  3:45 AM
What a complete Dickhead. So glad that he made us relevant.

I love two way players.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
4/17/2014  8:23 AM
Link?
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
gunsnewing
USA
4/17/2014  8:30 AM
They should his comments in the post game. Hahn, Wally & trautwig were all stunned by his comments but did not defend woodson. I will try to find a link I'm sure someone has the quotes
gunsnewing
USA
4/17/2014  8:35 AM
He didnk not say coach had a strategy and WE did not by in. The way he said seem to be inferring that players including himself did not by in to coaches system. Amare Tyson and Shumpert words and actions throughout the season backs this up I think. Melo was smart enough to stay quiet since he already carries the stigma of dantoni's firing
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
4/17/2014  8:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  8:39 AM
toad wrote:He said the same thing about D'Antoni when he was here. So, either Amar'e is an idiot that talks out of his butt or this group is full of dummies with bad attitudes. I'd believe either at this point.

+1
Very well put
There are some players who have problems with every coach they play for
VCoug
Member: #1406

4/17/2014  8:45 AM
toad wrote:He said the same thing about D'Antoni when he was here. So, either Amar'e is an idiot that talks out of his butt or this group is full of dummies with bad attitudes. I'd believe either at this point.

I don't remember that at all. I remember Amare saying that certain players (read Melo) weren't giving him or his system a chance.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/17/2014  8:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  8:51 AM
Sounds a lot like "people are saying...." I agree that switching was a disaster and something most defensive minded coaches wouldn't do. It also passes the buck for missed assignments. Woodson was doing all the right things early on as a motivator and a tactician, not counting the switching. Kidd definitely was a coach on the floor and was a big reason for the 54 win season but Woodson was also a better coach. Called time outs faster, didn't let things get out of hand, was better at dealing with problems. There might have been things outside of the court that seeped in but its Woodson's fault for not tuning it out and running a tight ship.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
4/17/2014  8:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  8:54 AM
VCoug wrote:

I don't remember that at all. I remember Amare saying that certain players (read Melo) weren't giving him or his system a chance.

He trashed all his coaches though (head and assistant) when he said none of them ever taught him defense.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/17/2014  9:52 AM
Where is the link?

IN what context is Amare saying this? Seems like last year they bought in to the system. This year the win total sort of dictates a disconnect.

You have talent on the team for sure, but injuries killed us.

Remember, Amare has a history of painting himself in a positive light often, and saying what everyone wants to hear.

"confirms" is a strong word. IM thinking this is your take Guns? Thats fine, and it might confirm it in your mind, but kind of subjective to me.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/17/2014  9:56 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
VCoug wrote:

He trashed all his coaches though (head and assistant) when he said none of them ever taught him defense.

I think Amar'e has proven quick in pointing the finger when times get tough (or punching fire extinguishers)

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/17/2014  10:01 AM

I like amare, but you are correct.. I think these dudes, amare, carmelo, chandler all talk out of their butts.. when the mutiny went on with dantoni, there was all of this cryptic talk by amare about guys not buying in.. honestly I think carmelo sabotaged dantoni and the team, and he did it again this year... this year, i don't think he was alone, but this IMO is a major problem... this team is full of morons...

as one of the leaders of this team, amare should have spoken out, more directly, saying all of this at years end is a joke!!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/17/2014  10:02 AM
VCoug wrote:

he did say that, but he wasn't being clear... he and chandler knew what was going on and they did nothing....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/17/2014  10:31 AM
Can we name one positive thing MDA did as a coach with the Knicks? Want to give him credit for Linsanity OK. What happened afte MDA was fired? 18-6 I think? Melo wins player of the month? Its like holding anyone accountable for sabotaging Larry Brown. I liked MDA here... I enjoyed his musings but was he good coach here? No. He was terrible and the minute he was gone the entire team played better, not just one guy.. the whole team.

Once again it points to the dysfunction in the front office and how the coach and FO were light years away from the same page.

Woodson... was he good last year? No, I dont think he was. Clear as day that was a veteran team who knew how to play. But this year when we needed coaching, when we needed Woody to be a leader to guide these guys all he did was constantly say my bad or this is on me.. whoop de doo. The team was bad but what did Woody do to try and turn the tides? Oh right... at some point he decided to play Amare with like 25 games left and things looked pretty good. Wow.

It will be nice for once to see the entire FO on the same page... and the roster to reflect that. Hard to accuratly judge coaching etc when you have this level of dysfunction

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/17/2014  11:00 AM
tkf wrote:

I like amare, but you are correct.. I think these dudes, amare, carmelo, chandler all talk out of their butts.. when the mutiny went on with dantoni, there was all of this cryptic talk by amare about guys not buying in.. honestly I think carmelo sabotaged dantoni and the team, and he did it again this year... this year, i don't think he was alone, but this IMO is a major problem... this team is full of morons...

as one of the leaders of this team, amare should have spoken out, more directly, saying all of this at years end is a joke!!!

If Amare was true leader here, he should start showing it with just a tad bit of defense and maybe 2-3 games where he can bag more that 1 assists especially if he complains about ball movement. Don't ya think?

This guy is an all time tool.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/17/2014  11:10 AM
Yes, Amare Stoudamire, super genius.

This is the same guy who destroyed himself for the playoffs during warmups?
The same guy who destroys himself punching glass?
The same guy who dribbles off his foot at least 4 times every game?
The same guy who complains about not getting the ball enough, and then about how iso-Stat is as dumb as iso-Melo?

These things, and so much more, make him a very credible source to quote for your Woodson hate. And I'm not a Woodson fan, so relax yourself.

Hey, at least he's not Melo, and we didn't trade away the Nuggets bench to get him, right?

Hopefully PJax is somewhere taking notes.

Can't wait for blackhole Stat to try and figure out the triangle. That should be hilarious. Hopefully, Hakeem is giving out "The Triangle for Dummies" coupons.

foosballnick
Member: #3148

4/17/2014  11:44 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Amare who came into the league in a system that stressed playing as a team. All the things said here between playa, nix, myself & others regarding guys refusal to buy into Michael Woodson's offense and defensive strategies because they disagreed with it was just confirmed by Amare.

Stupid switching on pnr's, back door plays and stupid ISO whether it was him or melo he's the coach. All the late game blunders by he himself and his players which again he is responsible for. Total misuse of the roster. Melo 40mins. No Cole, Turray, Tyler who were starving for a chance. Misuse of Amare early. Shitty treatment of Shumpert. Letting JR do whatever he wanted early. Different set of rules for different players. If not for Phil's presense we don't win 25 games. I dont think Michael Woodson will ever be a head coach in the nba again.

Amare says next year they need to be on the same page starting day 1 of camp whatever the plan is.

Thanks Woody. Thank You for subjecting me to the most putrid, pathetic, inexplicably terrible brand of basketball I've ever seen from a team on any level. Thank You for 37-45. 1978 is calling

Link??

knicks1248
Member: #582
4/17/2014  11:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  11:59 AM
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:

If Amare was true leader here, he should start showing it with just a tad bit of defense and maybe 2-3 games where he can bag more that 1 assists especially if he complains about ball movement. Don't ya think?

This guy is an all time tool.

This post is a straight hate post, if you disagree with him that means your defending woodsons switching, horrible horrible PNR defense, his use of melo, and it idiotic rotations.

If your saying that he should be the last one to voice his dislikes about the coach, he is. There was only 3 players on this roster that had not said anything negative about the coach (really 2 because melo was seen telling his coach to SHUT THE FCK UP in a huddle) JR, and Felton.

It's been documented that Melo, and Amare were not big believers in all those damn ISO's, but you have to do what the coach calls, or atleast TRY.

Melos dislike of a MDA's system, and Amare's testament about guys not not buying in to the coach, that just confirms that if your key guys aren't buying in to what your saying as a coach, YOUR TOAST!!

ES
Amare confirms team mutiny against Michael Woodson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy