[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

philly has 5 2nd rounders
Author Thread
y2zipper
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3287

4/18/2014  2:01 AM
Historically the hit rate on second-rounders is like 1 out of 10 to get a rotation player. That's why teams stack them up.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/18/2014  10:58 AM
y2zipper wrote:Historically the hit rate on second-rounders is like 1 out of 10 to get a rotation player. That's why teams stack them up.

This draft is unique. There are going to be multiple first round talents in the 2nd round. Id love to walk out of the draft w Jordan bahcyski in the 50's I think hell be very decent pro.

RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/18/2014  11:16 AM
Until we get a pick discussing who we will pick is a mute point and makes it hurt even more. We don't have a pick in 2014. The year if there ever was a year to be in the mix
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/18/2014  11:21 AM
Dagger wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:id like to buy #39 and 48

They are rebuilding I doubt they acquired all those picks simply to sell them. Selling 2nd rounders is more a move that capped out teams do, generally. I'd love for the knicks is to buy them too but I'd bet money philly doesn't sell one of them.

No team has a need for 5 second round picks...that's ridiculous.

They might package a couple of them for a first round pick.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
RonRon
Member: #246
4/18/2014  11:43 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
y2zipper wrote:Historically the hit rate on second-rounders is like 1 out of 10 to get a rotation player. That's why teams stack them up.

This draft is unique. There are going to be multiple first round talents in the 2nd round. Id love to walk out of the draft w Jordan bahcyski in the 50's I think hell be very decent pro.

Totally agree with Briggs, this draft is very deep, from picks 30-50+ and maybe even not drafted, we could find much talent unlike other drafts to develop with a good ceiling
In no order specifically

(if we trade Melo for expirings, multiple picks *1 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders* like to Houston, Bulls, Suns)
==========================================================================================================================
1st round talents
-------------------------

Adreian Payne and/or Aaron Gordon *think he is top 10*

LATE 1st rounders to Early 2nd rounders

Deonte Burton

mid to late 2nd rounders, maybe even undrafted
==========================================================

Jordan Bahcyski
DeAndre Kane and/or Delon Wright *brother of Dorrell Wright in the Blazers, who might not be part of this summers draft but next summers instead*

Jarnell Stokes
LaQuinton Ross

Russ Smith
Thanasis Antetokounmpo
Alec Brown
Aaron Craft

I expect Phil Jackson to rebuild not only our roster but our coaching staff as well
From maybe GM, to Head Coach, to assistant coaches, and development coaches
Phil is currently President of Operations and not GM or Head Coach, so his job is to have the final say in rebuilding both the roster, coaching staff, and possibly GM to great basketball minds
He likely will offer some jobs, whether from GM, Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, and development coaches, to some of his ex players that understands his philosophy like

Steve Kerr
Fred Hoiberg
Ron Harper *could be a real steal because he changed his game for the better of the team and played in both the Bulls and Lakers with Phil, he was a BIG PG that was extremely talented and under rated&
Robert Horry

maybe even Brian Shaw *if released or bought out by Denver*, Pippen *who is currently part of the Bulls staff*,
I also can see him looking to acquire some of Poppavich's pupils/ex coaches,

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
4/18/2014  12:18 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Phoenix has 3 number 1 picks and max cap space

I think Phil is going to clean house. Probably we are going to see picks coming back for Chandler, etc. but the question
is, will it be in this draft? We certainly need an immediate talent upgrade, so outside of trading more picks (acquired)
it makes more sense to try to get 1 impact player if possible. Who knows, maybe we have enough assets to do so...

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

4/19/2014  6:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2014  6:28 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:
helloharv wrote:what does it usually cost to buy 2nd round picks?

In the deepest draft in the last few decades, I'm not sure there will be many for sale.
And add to that the ability to "stock" talent in Europe, not looking good.
And put in a sprinkle of "Teams don't seem to like to do the Knicks any favors, that doesn't involve raping them in trades."

Exactly what I'm thinking...Phil will explore it, no doubt. We'll see.

philly has 5 2nd rounders

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy