[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

After viewing this season here is what I would do
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/16/2014  4:11 PM
djsunyc wrote:tyreke evans is one of the worst perimeter shooting guards in the league. there are some people on this forum that can shoot better than him.

go get tyreke, but make sure you get 30 year old pierce, ray and kg to go with it.

cough cough... Ray Felton.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/16/2014  4:50 PM
I know its a pipe dream but would love to somehow nab Ricky Rubio and Greg Monroe.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
callmened
Member: #4234

4/16/2014  7:37 PM
tyreke evans is a loser. i dont want him on my team...especially with that expensive salary
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
4/16/2014  8:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2014  8:40 PM
If you are not getting significantly better, you are falling behind.

No NBA franchise is standing still.

Playing baseball cards, just naming names, does not win anything. You propose a roster makeover, be prepared to defend where those players dominate the matchups with select playoff calibre teams.

What player is neutralizing James Harden or John Wall or Kevin Durant?

What player is matching Duncan, Dwight or Dirk at center?

If we have no first round selections, how do our yutes match up with the next wave of talented freshman entrants to the league?

Anything less is just names on a page.

once a knick always a knick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/17/2014  8:58 AM
callmened wrote:tyreke evans is a loser. i dont want him on my team...especially with that expensive salary

Tyreke is a guy who can be an all star in this league. You start with carmelo JR Smith and Tyreke--thats a big 3 not including Amare and very good role players. I don't see how we can upgrade BOTH the PG and the C position but I do think we can be in the game for Tyreke using Chandler.

I think that if we can resign Cole A pick up a post player or two from the draft sign one solid vet and add bargs back--we would have a very solid frontcourt. We don't need Chandler--we need to focus on the PG position. Most of the team can stay but we need to try to get another really good player hopefully at PG--looks like we have our back up PF now with Odom so maybe an additional C from the draft and some additional depth at PF. I like where we are ASSUMING we can resign Carmelo. I think Chandler still holds very solid clout and NO has been looking for a steady C to go next to Davis.

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/17/2014  9:00 AM
The worst thing you can do is take veteran players and give more weight to "skill set" than past results. You'll probably lose 90% of your trades.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/17/2014  9:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  9:04 AM
djsunyc wrote:tyreke evans is one of the worst perimeter shooting guards in the league. there are some people on this forum that can shoot better than him.

go get tyreke, but make sure you get 30 year old pierce, ray and kg to go with it.

look at this dreck. the man is no joe johnson. not even close.

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=201936

Here is what Tyreke does--he can ignite fast breaks as he can rebound from the PG position and he's 6-6 225. What was our weak spots---transition. Also that puts two 6-6 guys in the backcourt--that type of size makes up a lot of short comings. I dont care how good you are when someone 6-0 has to shoot over 6-6 thats hard. Tyreke is a triple threat player he scores rebounds and passes. I can live with him making 27-30% on a small number of thres per game--with this team he doesnt need to go there. Hes a dribble drive and kick or score type.

RIP Crushalot😞
helloharv
Member: #4139

4/17/2014  9:03 AM
I am in the trade Tyson camp and use Bargs/Cole/Tyler/Free-agent at C

the problem is where can get a Legit PG for Tyson?

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/17/2014  9:06 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:The worst thing you can do is take veteran players and give more weight to "skill set" than past results. You'll probably lose 90% of your trades.

You mean like bringing Felton back when Dantoni was no longer here? I agree if you are going after skill set guys you better get a coach that fits that skill set or the player will become untradeable especially when he has a big contract

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/17/2014  10:38 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

look at this dreck. the man is no joe johnson. not even close.

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=201936

Here is what Tyreke does--he can ignite fast breaks as he can rebound from the PG position and he's 6-6 225. What was our weak spots---transition. Also that puts two 6-6 guys in the backcourt--that type of size makes up a lot of short comings. I dont care how good you are when someone 6-0 has to shoot over 6-6 thats hard. Tyreke is a triple threat player he scores rebounds and passes. I can live with him making 27-30% on a small number of thres per game--with this team he doesnt need to go there. Hes a dribble drive and kick or score type.

except if we are running the triangle- which I think will happen in some form- then you kinda need a pg who can shoot - and my worry is Evans is a bad shooter. No doubt he helps on D and the boards.

I'd personally go after Lin- not sure how to make the money work, but he can shoot, break defenses down, can pass and I think has the iq needed

RonRon
Member: #246
4/17/2014  2:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  2:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:First off we need a fresh rebuild in the coaching staff including Herb--everyone needs to go

Convince Carmelo to resign for less and assure him that load will be taken off him

Keep JR Shumpert Hardaway Cole A Amare Bargs Felton(as back up) J Tyler Pablo P (Carmelo A)

gone Martin Murry Chandler --questionable Shannon Brown

If I can focus on on one move--I would try to trade Tyson Chandler for Tyreke Evans and put him at our starting PG

Buy 2 draft picks under 45 and draft Jordan Bachyinshki and Deandre Kane. With Aldrich Tyler Bargs and Jordan B--we would have a slew of C(could also be interested in Cory Jefferson if he falls that far) caveat--if we get higher picks--then there are different names involved.

Agree about Jordan Bachyinshki and Deandre Kane

However, I would not mind blowing up majority of the roster, even with Tim Hardaway JR (if we can sell high like 2 early/mid 2nd rounders this year and a future 1st rounder)
Getting rid of Felton and Pablo, even JR Smith (if we can sell high) helps out ability to tank next season and target players in 2015-2016 and 2016-2017

If we can trade Tyson and Iman with OKC, I would do it for expirings and OKC owns 1 1st rounders this summer

If we can trade Melo and get back expirings, role players, and 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders

To Houston, Lin/Asik and 4 picks

Bulls, Boozer/fill ins and multiple picks (they own 2 1st rounders this summer though I would prefer Houston than trading CA to a team that is in our coference

Doing these moves would ensure that we would be a lottery team and do a quick 1 year rebuild while OWNING our 1st rounder next summer, while freeing up cap space for our future
Most importantly we need to change our entire Coaching Staff/Development Coaches, and players that we can develop and play with a team philosophy

RonRon
Member: #246
4/17/2014  2:54 PM
SG is our deepest position and is also the easiest position to fill in the NBA

look at Courtney Lee and Gereld Green who were worth absolutely NOTHING at one point
Another interesting player would be Trevor Ariza
While All these players are playing with very good PG's something we have the arguably the worst starting PG, which is why in general PG and C is the most important positions to fill

I have no problem with trading all 3 of our SG's if we can get back good/great value for them

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/17/2014  3:24 PM
I really can't stand Tyson anymore- after he got injured, he seemed to dedicate the season to getting Woody fired- he mailed it in, didn't follow the (admittedly BS) game plan, undermined the coach (this from a supposed veteran leader). I have no love of Woody, but Tyson has been pathetic and still has the cheek to run his mouth of, blaming everyone else. Get rid of him ASAP.
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

4/17/2014  4:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:First off we need a fresh rebuild in the coaching staff including Herb--everyone needs to go

Convince Carmelo to resign for less and assure him that load will be taken off him

Keep JR Shumpert Hardaway Cole A Amare Bargs Felton(as back up) J Tyler Pablo P (Carmelo A)

gone Martin Murry Chandler --questionable Shannon Brown

If I can focus on on one move--I would try to trade Tyson Chandler for Tyreke Evans and put him at our starting PG

Buy 2 draft picks under 45 and draft Jordan Bachyinshki and Deandre Kane. With Aldrich Tyler Bargs and Jordan B--we would have a slew of C(could also be interested in Cory Jefferson if he falls that far) caveat--if we get higher picks--then there are different names involved.

God help us Briggs -- you start our rebuild off with trading for T-Evans and making him a PG -- for gods sake you should be shot -- if only to be saved for being a loyal, long-time Knick fan.

LivingLegend

4/17/2014  4:11 PM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:Chandler isn't the problem. And his contract expires next year, so would be taking back more money and jeopardizing 2015.

I say we explore s&t with Houston...take back all their 1 year contracts and roll the dice.

Yeah, I don't want Tyreke Evans unless we're also getting Rudy Gay, Josh Smith, and Isiah Rider (out of retirement)
typical bonn... who do you want? Name the name... rather than dumping on someone else's ideas whats your suggestion? Feel free to add... anything

Collison, Teague --- R- Jackson --- but god not T-Evans to run and orchestrate our team and Tyreke defend?????

LivingLegend

4/17/2014  4:17 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
callmened wrote:tyreke evans is a loser. i dont want him on my team...especially with that expensive salary

Tyreke is a guy who can be an all star in this league. You start with carmelo JR Smith and Tyreke--thats a big 3 not including Amare and very good role players. I don't see how we can upgrade BOTH the PG and the C position but I do think we can be in the game for Tyreke using Chandler.

I think that if we can resign Cole A pick up a post player or two from the draft sign one solid vet and add bargs back--we would have a very solid frontcourt. We don't need Chandler--we need to focus on the PG position. Most of the team can stay but we need to try to get another really good player hopefully at PG--looks like we have our back up PF now with Odom so maybe an additional C from the draft and some additional depth at PF. I like where we are ASSUMING we can resign Carmelo. I think Chandler still holds very solid clout and NO has been looking for a steady C to go next to Davis.

T-Evans is closer to being out of the league than an all-star.

He is a one trick pony --- he needs the ball in his hands and wants to get to the basket --- that is where it starts and ends with him --- he brings no other value -- just lots of apathy in terms of making teammates better or playing defense. Would not touch him with a 10 foot pole - give me Josh Smith, his $14M a year deal, his rebounding, shot-blocking, defense and horrible shot selection over T-Evans all day everyday.

We need a solid legit PG or 2 -- not a SF masquerading as a PG. We might as well throw Shump and his Hellen Keller dribbling at PG.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/17/2014  9:23 PM
smackeddog wrote:I really can't stand Tyson anymore- after he got injured, he seemed to dedicate the season to getting Woody fired- he mailed it in, didn't follow the (admittedly BS) game plan, undermined the coach (this from a supposed veteran leader). I have no love of Woody, but Tyson has been pathetic and still has the cheek to run his mouth of, blaming everyone else. Get rid of him ASAP.

Agree. Hopefully a trade to Toronto, Utah or Milwaukee is in his future.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
After viewing this season here is what I would do

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy