[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

After viewing this season here is what I would do
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/15/2014  11:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  9:00 AM
First off we need a fresh rebuild in the coaching staff including Herb--everyone needs to go

Convince Carmelo to resign for less and assure him that load will be taken off him

Keep JR Shumpert Hardaway Cole A Amare Bargs Felton(as back up) J Tyler Pablo P (Carmelo A)

gone Martin Murry Chandler --questionable Shannon Brown

If I can focus on on one move--I would try to trade Tyson Chandler for Tyreke Evans and put him at our starting PG

Buy 2 draft picks under 45 and draft Jordan Bachyinshki and Deandre Kane. With Aldrich Tyler Bargs and Jordan B--we would have a slew of C(could also be interested in Cory Jefferson if he falls that far) caveat--if we get higher picks--then there are different names involved.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/15/2014  11:58 PM
trading chandler might be our only option - and I agree, we need help in the back court, esp at pg - not sure tyreke is the best move - but might be only one available.
babyKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1191
USA
4/16/2014  7:28 AM
Chandler isn't the problem. And his contract expires next year, so would be taking back more money and jeopardizing 2015.

I say we explore s&t with Houston...take back all their 1 year contracts and roll the dice.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/16/2014  7:44 AM
Odoms deal wouldn't interfere with getting adrien. I agree with your keepers and with the guys that should be let go. It will be interesting to see what happens with Herb. If Phil has autonomy I don't think herb is on the bench.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/16/2014  7:55 AM
babyKnicks wrote:Chandler isn't the problem. And his contract expires next year, so would be taking back more money and jeopardizing 2015.

I say we explore s&t with Houston...take back all their 1 year contracts and roll the dice.

Yeah, I don't want Tyreke Evans unless we're also getting Rudy Gay, Josh Smith, and Isiah Rider (out of retirement)
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/16/2014  8:12 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:Chandler isn't the problem. And his contract expires next year, so would be taking back more money and jeopardizing 2015.

Yeah, I don't want Tyreke Evans unless we're also getting Rudy Gay, Josh Smith, and Isiah Rider (out of retirement)
typical bonn... who do you want? Name the name... rather than dumping on someone else's ideas whats your suggestion? Feel free to add... anything
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/16/2014  9:19 AM
All moves are predicated on Anthony staying or going. Once he decides the Knicks can start wheeling and dealing. I know that some players let the season go and did nothing for the team those players need to go there is no keeping Shump, JR and Chandler. Some we might be stuck with Amare and Bargs come to mind. Make no mistake the players all let their true colors shine through this year. A lot of them put themselves ahead of the team concept and it hurt the Knicks. Phil needs filter those type of players.
BRIGGS
4/16/2014  10:16 AM
Vmart wrote:All moves are predicated on Anthony staying or going. Once he decides the Knicks can start wheeling and dealing. I know that some players let the season go and did nothing for the team those players need to go there is no keeping Shump, JR and Chandler. Some we might be stuck with Amare and Bargs come to mind. Make no mistake the players all let their true colors shine through this year. A lot of them put themselves ahead of the team concept and it hurt the Knicks. Phil needs filter those type of players.

True if Melo leaves all bets are off. If not--Id try to get a star type PG--I think Tyreke is undervalued used wrong. I think here at 6-6 225 he could be the second star we need. You put him with Amare and Carmelo add some younger depth at PF give another year to Shump TJR Cole Tyler to get better--add in a hard nosed under the radar PF like Adrien who has played very very well in Milwaukee and has a winners attitude--bring in 2 4 year college players who can help with depth and play now fit in right away--Im not worried about Lamar Odom hes 35-36 and hes not what I would like for this team
Lets say we got Jefferson and Jordan B out of the draft

C- Aldrich Bargani Tyler Jordan B

PF Amare Adrien Jefferson

Sf Anthony Shumpert

SG J R Smith 6th man THJ

PG Tyreke Felton Pablo

Maybe add a SG/SF left over from vet city

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/16/2014  10:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2014  10:36 AM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

typical bonn... who do you want? Name the name... rather than dumping on someone else's ideas whats your suggestion? Feel free to add... anything

I've already outlined what I would have done with Melo, Chandler, and Shumpert. You not liking my ideas (or forgetting them because you don't like them?) is different from my not saying them. When I have more time (over the summer), I'm sure I'll discuss the free agency period in much more detail.

knicks1248
Member: #582
4/16/2014  11:31 AM
BRIGGS wrote:First off we need a fresh rebuild in the coaching staff including Herb--everyone needs to go

Convince Carmelo to resign for less and assure him that load will be taken off him

Keep JR Shumpert Hardaway Cole A Amare Bargs Felton(as back up) S Brown J Tyler Pablo P (Carmelo A)

gone Martin Murry Chandler

If I can focus on on one move--I would try to trade Tyson Chandler for Tyreke Evans and put him at our starting PG

Buy 2 draft picks under 40 and draft Jordan Bachyinshki and Deandre Kane. With Aldrich Tyler Bargs and Jordan B--we would have a slew of C(could also be interested in Cory Jefferson if he falls that far)

Instead of signing odom Id sign Jeff Adrien to a 2 year 4mm $ contract

I agree with your moves on the current players on the roster, but i would give boston tyson/felton and some future picks for rondo.

Dont know if Rondo is a good Triangle player as he cant really shoot a jumpers, but he's the championship/vet pg that we need

BTW Herb needs to be re-assign to other duties, maybe assistant on our Dleague team..he's a fixture in the organization

ES
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/16/2014  11:43 AM
I'm sorry but why do people value Rondo so much? I know he had some good playoff games but he is overrated to me and is coming off injury plus he is getting older. I think I would actually rather have Lin back.
Dagger
Member: #4184

4/16/2014  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2014  12:13 PM
Keeping Felton is a mistake and the justice system will take him for free so he's probably gone.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

4/16/2014  12:23 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I'm sorry but why do people value Rondo so much? I know he had some good playoff games but he is overrated to me and is coming off injury plus he is getting older. I think I would actually rather have Lin back.

If we're going to give away assets and picks for our future PG, I'd rather it be for a more well-rounded player than Rondo. I like his razzle-dazzle as much as the next envious fan, but he's limited in his lack of shooting.

If we're going the route of big trade, I'd rather it be for Kyrie in 2015, not Rondo on the tail end of his career.

Now if Boston just wants to reboot and dump salary, maybe I jump at a sweet deal. But not picks plus our only assets.

callmened
Member: #4234

4/16/2014  12:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2014  12:35 PM
heres what i would do and ill provide two scenarios...with and without Melo

Plan
- sign a decent stop gap PG with wheels (Sessions, patty mills, devin harris, aaron brooks, ridnour, hinrich, livingston, bayless, mack)
- obtain a solid back up center (Nazi mohammad, ry. hollins, jordan hill, jason smith, aaron gray, drew gordon)
- in my opinion, if youre relying on Cole aldrich in your rotation then your in trouble. SMH
- also with the triangle offense, you dont need a traditional PG to do much

Lineup Plan A (45-50 win team)
PG (free agent)/felton/prigs
SG Shumpert/JR smith/Hardaway
SF Melo/ (free agent)/(free agent)
PF Amare/ Bargnani/(Odom)
C Chandler/ (free agent)/ Tyler

Lineup Plan B (35-40 win team)
PG (free agent)/felton/ Prigs
SG Shumpert/Hardaway/ Shan Brown
SF JR smith/(free agent)/(free agent)
PF Amare/ Bargnani/(Odom)
C Chandler/ (free agent)/Tyler

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/16/2014  12:54 PM
I like a lot of these thoughts - but I almost think if Melo opts out- you almost have to try to tank next year- I worry without Anthony (and with for that matter) we're just good enough to either squeak into the play offs or just finish at the back of the lottery- thus preventing us from having a shot at a franchise impact talent.
BRIGGS
4/16/2014  1:04 PM
franco12 wrote:I like a lot of these thoughts - but I almost think if Melo opts out- you almost have to try to tank next year- I worry without Anthony (and with for that matter) we're just good enough to either squeak into the play offs or just finish at the back of the lottery- thus preventing us from having a shot at a franchise impact talent.

A star type PG would really help the team--look what it did for Toronto. My thinking is that Chandler is easily a give up--Im sure we can be effective with a solid C rotation--Id love to get Asik but I dont see it. I would easily put Asik in there but we just dont have the value--I dont know if we have the value to get Evans--but the Pelicans have too many PGs and spent too much $ at that position.

RIP Crushalot😞
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/16/2014  1:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:First off we need a fresh rebuild in the coaching staff including Herb--everyone needs to go

Keep JR Shumpert Hardaway Cole A Amare Bargs Felton(as back up) S Brown J Tyler Pablo P (Carmelo A)

gone Martin Murry Chandler

Buy 2 draft picks under 40 and draft Jordan Bachyinshki and Deandre Kane. With Aldrich Tyler Bargs and Jordan B--we would have a slew of C(could also be interested in Cory Jefferson if he falls that far)

Instead of signing odom Id sign Jeff Adrien to a 2 year 4mm $ contract

not enough defenders to be a serious team

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
BRIGGS
4/16/2014  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2014  2:27 PM
Dagger wrote:Keeping Felton is a mistake and the justice system will take him for free so he's probably gone.

Felton is under contract and would be a high quality back up who could step in if needed. If you want to upgrade Prigs--I think we can do that--maybe a Freddette??. We must mandate Felton to keep coming in lighter. If we get a star(really good) type PG felton for 10-15 minutes is fine.

I like this team but we need some tinkering. Id like to see if we can get 1 of

#1 Evans
#2 Asik
#3 Lowry

1 of these three--we need another really good player and I d like to take advantage of this deep draft and bring in two young bigs or a big and a PG etc... Im looking for quality depth and with a new younger coach who can give everyone a chance to earn minutes. Having more quality rotational players also keeps us away from injury issues causing losses. If we ended up with Asik we'd have to find another PG who is avail for the 3 year 10mm$ or Im willing to go all in with an ending contract trde for the right one. Im not sold on FA--why not get better right now?

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/16/2014  4:00 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:I like a lot of these thoughts - but I almost think if Melo opts out- you almost have to try to tank next year- I worry without Anthony (and with for that matter) we're just good enough to either squeak into the play offs or just finish at the back of the lottery- thus preventing us from having a shot at a franchise impact talent.

A star type PG would really help the team--look what it did for Toronto. My thinking is that Chandler is easily a give up--Im sure we can be effective with a solid C rotation--Id love to get Asik but I dont see it. I would easily put Asik in there but we just dont have the value--I dont know if we have the value to get Evans--but the Pelicans have too many PGs and spent too much $ at that position.

this this this... we so desperatly need a real floor general. I dont know who it will be but I have no doubt the Knicks FO sees exactly the same thing. A good PG simply makes it easier for everyone.

I also believe the best way to improve this team is from within. THjr last night... no rebs, no steals, no blocks, assists. Its like his stat line says he did nothing but shoot the ball.

We have seen Shump have a huge impact. What are his keys to becoming consistent?

I think we have a good backup w Cole Aldridge. Not a star but he gives what we lost w/ Mosgov. Hes an active big, clogs the lane and doesnt do anything to hurt you. If the Knicks are small next year (assuming we move Chandler) we will need him.

Im not impressed w/ Murray or Tyler.

Tyreke Evans = younger Joe Johnson. Thats a really good player. I think the league knows he's going to break out.. I think he's too pricy but I would love it.

In Phil we trust

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
4/16/2014  4:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/16/2014  4:12 PM
tyreke evans is one of the worst perimeter shooting guards in the league. there are some people on this forum that can shoot better than him.

go get tyreke, but make sure you get 30 year old pierce, ray and kg to go with it.

look at this dreck. the man is no joe johnson. not even close.

http://stats.nba.com/playerShotchart.html?PlayerID=201936

After viewing this season here is what I would do

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy