[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we used Cole Aldrich 20-22mts a night
Author Thread
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
4/17/2014  2:15 PM
Finestrg wrote:
VDesai wrote:Was a bad miss not to use Cole. Guy can clearly play. Not the ideal athlete, but he's a banger and his size is very useable.

It was clearly one of Woody's bigger mistakes...Go look at some of his Kansas clips -- dude was even more impactful. Body looked at little more toned and he appeared even quicker and more athletic. If you look at him now compared to then, there's not a huge difference physically but it's noticeable: he's a bit more frumpy now and a little less forceful/take charge...Tell ya what though, the current version of Cole -- he's still capable of producing at a high level even slipping back physically at little since college...He can easily get back there. if he does, we'll see an even better player imo...Being on your 4th team in 4 years or whatever can take the wind outta your sails a little I guess. Maybe he slipped a little with the diet and trainin/conditioning programs...Bottom line: this guy's a keeper. It's clear as day, esp. for the modest salary he'll command...His exit interview needs to go something like this: "We want you back and are preparing an offer. Please come back ready to assume a more important role next year. Expect to be a rotation player next season; a least 25 mins a night. We need you even stronger, toned up with improved conditioning. I wanna see you in the best shape of your life come next year." I don't wanna see this guy get away..

At the very least, provided we can't come up with something better, gimmie the following rotation at the 5-spot for next year and I'll be fine (assuming we do deal Tyson Chandler):

• Cole Aldrich retained
• Marcus Cousin signed - this guy's 7' 255 and a surprisingly decent offensive player we could get real cheap. Would provide a nice contrast to Cole. Very good shooter, plus he can also rebound fairly well.
• Daniel Orton signed as the 3rd C (would also see some time at the 4) - dude's still very intriguing - has a lot more potential than Jeremy Tyler imo, esp. as a defender/rebounder. Another guy that would come dirt cheap. Dude could be the next Kendrick Perkins. Better than that maybe. Would be a much better investment over Jeremy Tyler imho..

Totally agree with the above

Another PF/C I would love is Jordan Henriquez, who was cut buy the Houston Rockets prior to the season/summer
His combination of length, athleticism, and youth, would be a great development project

Some other solid players at the 4/5 I would look at for the vet min include
Chris Johnson (ex Twolve) and Greg Stimensa, a gamble would be Andrew Bynum (though at the vet min is a great risk/reward)

I still love getting Jamalle Haigens with a 2 year deal starting for next season
I see him somewhere between Trevor Booker, Kmart, and a solid rotational F that can do a bit of everything on both ends
Though if players like Trevor Booker, Dejuan Blair, and some other solid PF's are available at the vet min would be cheap talents and we would know would be the safe bet
However, I do believe Haigens has the ability to grow/develop in to a player with a greater upside

I was hoping we grab James Johnson but I think Memphis will retain him, if he is not I would offer him a 2 year guaranteed vet min deal
We don't have a legit SF, always playing 2 SG's, causing mismatches on top of our backup PG's that cannot defend their own position

All Unrestricted FA's
On a side note, I wonder what players like

Pau Gasol (likely at least the 5m+ MLE or greater)

Jordan Hill (above the vet min)

(unsure where they stand but are worth more than the vet min)

Chris Kaman

Kris Humphries
Dejuan Blaire

Dante Cunningham
Trevor Booker

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/17/2014  2:19 PM
I didnt see last nights game but saw Cole had 16 boards and 5 blocks. Hopefully Phil finds away to bring him back.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/18/2014  3:56 AM
CrushAlot wrote:I didnt see last nights game but saw Cole had 16 boards and 5 blocks. Hopefully Phil finds away to bring him back.

please pawn chandler off asap! not worth as much money as he is making. dude has no offensive skills to speak of.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/18/2014  7:28 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I didnt see last nights game but saw Cole had 16 boards and 5 blocks. Hopefully Phil finds away to bring him back.

please pawn chandler off asap! not worth as much money as he is making. dude has no offensive skills to speak of.

No one on our team other than the rookies/vet min guys is worth what they're paid. That's the problem.
If we used Cole Aldrich 20-22mts a night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy