[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Game 81 with cross city rival and it don't mean a thing!
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/15/2014  10:36 PM
franco12 wrote:
nixluva wrote:This is just more evidence that this team woefully underperformed this year and with a much better job by our coach this team should've been a playoff team. There was more talent on the bench that simply needed to play and gain confidence and chemistry. Phil will be able to make just a few smart moves and get this team back into the playoffs next year. Just a few more wins this year and this team is in the playoffs. it's a freakin disgrace that we'll be home watching.

the young guys are hungry. They might not have been able to contribute night in, night out- but with injuries - these young guys - cole, tyler, toure- all should have had a chance to play.

Its all on the coach! And honestly some of the vets (Tyson!)!

Murry and Tyler look good tonight but at times they got regular minutes and really struggled. It wasn't just the Philly game but that was the game that as a coach you have to really wonder if those guys are nba players.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
ScoreBot
4/15/2014  10:40 PM
4th Qtr 2:51
BKN 88 NYK 104
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/15/2014  10:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:
nixluva wrote:This is just more evidence that this team woefully underperformed this year and with a much better job by our coach this team should've been a playoff team. There was more talent on the bench that simply needed to play and gain confidence and chemistry. Phil will be able to make just a few smart moves and get this team back into the playoffs next year. Just a few more wins this year and this team is in the playoffs. it's a freakin disgrace that we'll be home watching.

the young guys are hungry. They might not have been able to contribute night in, night out- but with injuries - these young guys - cole, tyler, toure- all should have had a chance to play.

Murry and Tyler look good tonight but at times they got regular minutes and really struggled. It wasn't just the Philly game but that was the game that as a coach you have to really wonder if those guys are nba players.

I think you could say the same of Felton and Amar'e!

ScoreBot
4/15/2014  10:45 PM
4th Qtr 1:07
BKN 95 NYK 109
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/15/2014  10:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:

I think they weren't really given a chance to get their feel for the game. You can't pull back after such a small opportunity. Let's remember that for a good stretch Murry played well with Shump and the team won games.

End-to-End Hustle

The Knicks played its best defense when Murry and Shumpert were paired together in the backcourt. Both athletes are 6'5" ball hawks that love creating offense through their defense—something you rarely see from Felton or Smith.

Murry may be a little raw offensively, but he hasn't affected New York negatively by chucking shots out of rhythm or by trying to be a hero.

Mike Woodson decided to substitute out Beno Udrih in favor of the home town native Toure’ Murry for his defense. Murry and Iman Shumpert made a good defensive backcourt, and it sparked an 18-9 run to end the first quarter, to give the Knicks a 24-20 lead.

This was really all about Woodson just not showing great instincts about his rotations and lineups. He seemed to me slow even last year to recognize players who were actually helping us and would take guys out inexplicably when they were going good. Dude just flat sucked.

ScoreBot
4/15/2014  10:50 PM
Final  
BKN 98 NYK 109
CrushAlot
USA
4/15/2014  11:16 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:

I think they weren't really given a chance to get their feel for the game. You can't pull back after such a small opportunity. Let's remember that for a good stretch Murry played well with Shump and the team won games.

End-to-End Hustle

The Knicks played its best defense when Murry and Shumpert were paired together in the backcourt. Both athletes are 6'5" ball hawks that love creating offense through their defense—something you rarely see from Felton or Smith.

Murry may be a little raw offensively, but he hasn't affected New York negatively by chucking shots out of rhythm or by trying to be a hero.

Mike Woodson decided to substitute out Beno Udrih in favor of the home town native Toure’ Murry for his defense. Murry and Iman Shumpert made a good defensive backcourt, and it sparked an 18-9 run to end the first quarter, to give the Knicks a 24-20 lead.

This was really all about Woodson just not showing great instincts about his rotations and lineups. He seemed to me slow even last year to recognize players who were actually helping us and would take guys out inexplicably when they were going good. Dude just flat sucked.

Woodson wasn't not playing his lottery pick, a first rounder or even the wonderful moz in a season that was over very early. This is the 13th and 14th men on a team that was trying to make the playoffs until the last week of the season. An undrafted dleague guy and a former second round pick trying to finally stick on an nba roster.
nixluva
USA
4/16/2014  1:00 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:

End-to-End Hustle

Woodson wasn't not playing his lottery pick, a first rounder or even the wonderful moz in a season that was over very early. This is the 13th and 14th men on a team that was trying to make the playoffs until the last week of the season. An undrafted dleague guy and a former second round pick trying to finally stick on an nba roster.

Even if I agreed with you about how MDA dealt with Hill, 2 wrongs don't make a right so why the F do you keep bringing that up.

I don't agree with your recollection of events that year and never have. Let me show you how ridiculous your theory actually is.

2009-10 Oct.-Nov. they had a horrid start and went 3-14. No matter how bad the start what team calls it a season after 17 games.
In Dec. they went 9-6. So we're talking 12-20 at the start of Jan. They won the 1st 3 games of Feb. and got to 15-20. So was the season over at this point??? Then they went 3-9 the rest of Jan. Hill was playing games in Jan. at the exact point where the season was not yet over and they still had a chance to pull the season out. They then played six more games in Feb. winning 1game and then losing 5 in a row, before Hill was traded. Based on the actual events your recollection is exaggerated.

Look Hill was raw, showed poor habits early on and still he played in 24 games and avg'd 10 mpg before he was traded. MDA has a good record of playing young players. So this isn't something you can really stick him with. This is the 1st season that Hill has gotten close to scoring double digits and nearly 21 mpg. Every other year since Hill's been a low minute role player.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/16/2014  4:46 AM
Didn't watch the second half but that dunk from Shump was awesome. He's doing the things I thought he would have worked on in the offseason. Better late than never I guess. If Iman doesn't regress over the summer and keeps working on his game we won't have to worry about trading him.

Shump's improvement seemed to coincide with Phil getting hired. Whatever the reason, I hope he can build on this strong finish. Could have never predicted that Shump would have such a bad season. Hopefully the next coach will bring out his best , not Woodson please.

It would be great to trade JR, move Shump to SG, and have THJ become our sixth man. Until he takes his D up a notch or two, its where he is best suited IMO.

Plumlee is like a freaking gazelle out there, impressed with how he runs the floor and can start and stop on a dime.

CrushAlot
USA
4/16/2014  6:44 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:

End-to-End Hustle

Even if I agreed with you about how MDA dealt with Hill, 2 wrongs don't make a right so why the F do you keep bringing that up.

I don't agree with your recollection of events that year and never have. Let me show you how ridiculous your theory actually is.

2009-10 Oct.-Nov. they had a horrid start and went 3-14. No matter how bad the start what team calls it a season after 17 games.
In Dec. they went 9-6. So we're talking 12-20 at the start of Jan. They won the 1st 3 games of Feb. and got to 15-20. So was the season over at this point??? Then they went 3-9 the rest of Jan. Hill was playing games in Jan. at the exact point where the season was not yet over and they still had a chance to pull the season out. They then played six more games in Feb. winning 1game and then losing 5 in a row, before Hill was traded. Based on the actual events your recollection is exaggerated.

Look Hill was raw, showed poor habits early on and still he played in 24 games and avg'd 10 mpg before he was traded. MDA has a good record of playing young players. So this isn't something you can really stick him with. This is the 1st season that Hill has gotten close to scoring double digits and nearly 21 mpg. Every other year since Hill's been a low minute role player.

Hill had 29 dnps coaches decision in his 54 games in ny. He doubled his minutes for the season in the 19 games he played in Houston that year. He was so devalued by mike that despite being the 8th pick in the draft, he alone wasn't enough to move Jeffries salary. The Knicks had to include a top 3 protected pick to get the deal done.
So please don't post that it was a disgrace that murry and Tyler didnt get minutes. You were an ardent defender of dantoni not playing Douglas,moz and hill. Lottery picks, first rounders and even hidden euro finds were not developed or given minutes on a team that had no shot at making the playoffs.
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/16/2014  7:35 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:And every single person here wants to trade Shumpert why????

Probably because for 3/4 of the season he looked like he should be in the d league. I don't remember a lot of guys defending him back then.

He was awful, but we always make the mistake of assuming that just because a player goes through a slump, they are finished. Sometimes thats true (Brewer, Toney Douglas etc), but sometimes they rebound and play better- hopefully Shump is one of the latter.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/16/2014  8:36 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:And every single person here wants to trade Shumpert why????

Probably because for 3/4 of the season he looked like he should be in the d league. I don't remember a lot of guys defending him back then.

He was awful, but we always make the mistake of assuming that just because a player goes through a slump, they are finished. Sometimes thats true (Brewer, Toney Douglas etc), but sometimes they rebound and play better- hopefully Shump is one of the latter.

And if Shump does get traded, be on the lookout for the "Look, Shump had another great game for the Wizards!" threads for the next 4 years.

It's been 3 years, alot of injuries, we have a shiny new rook, and Shumps just too slumpy.

JR's got lots of highlight dunks too, and in games that actually mattered. Why does everyone want to trade him?

nixluva
USA
4/16/2014  3:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:

End-to-End Hustle

Hill had 29 dnps coaches decision in his 54 games in ny. He doubled his minutes for the season in the 19 games he played in Houston that year. He was so devalued by mike that despite being the 8th pick in the draft, he alone wasn't enough to move Jeffries salary. The Knicks had to include a top 3 protected pick to get the deal done.
So please don't post that it was a disgrace that murry and Tyler didnt get minutes. You were an ardent defender of dantoni not playing Douglas,moz and hill. Lottery picks, first rounders and even hidden euro finds were not developed or given minutes on a team that had no shot at making the playoffs.

I still don't know WTF you're trying to say! MDA was trying to win! Why the hell would he rush to play A RAW ASS ROOKIE in that situation? I just showed you that the team went 9-6 after a horrid start and eventually got to 15-20, why would he be worried about Hill at that point in the season? Any coach would be trying to get out of that hole at 5 games under .500 and contrary to the point your trying to make Hill was playing at that point up until he was traded. Early on Hill didn't play but he did play while the season wasn't yet over as you suggest. You're simply wrong!!!

Game Thread: Game 81 with cross city rival and it don't mean a thing!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy