[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

One thing Phil Jackson and the Knicks must understand. We are the most hated team in the NBA. Expect help or deals from no one.
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/13/2014  1:04 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
VCoug wrote:Nobody hates us. Teams make trades because they want to improve their own team, not because they feel like helping out another team. The reason we lose so many trades is because we have a stupid, ****ing owner who's never had to work a day in his ****ing life and doesn't know what the **** he's doing. Dolan's made it very clear over the last 15 years that he'll pretty much cave on any trade demand. That's not other teams' faults that's Dolan's.

We know Dolan made the Melo deal, but sorry....the gm's made the others.

Dolan didnt trade two first round picks for Eddy Curry and an expiring T-mac.....the gm's did. dolan didnt ship out all-star David Lee for a dude who never played (Kelenna) and a guy who was made of glass (Turiaf) who we wound up having to pay his salary for the other team just top move him.

I wouldn't go that far. If you look at the trades we made, they all have a distinct flavor of desperation. Considering the different team-building styles of the GM's we've had, one would think that there would be a common denominator in it all (enter Dolan). I mean, do you really see a guy as conservative and risk-averse as Donnie Walsh taking a chance on Amar'e Stoudemire? Do you really see a guy like Glen Grunwald betting the farm on Andrea Bargnani?

Actually I do.....I definitely recall Grunwald trading the Raptors starting center in Antoni Davis, which the coach at the time pubicly complained about. this was with the raptors around the .500 mark in the year he was later fired.

Thats combined with losing T-mac for nothing, and trading Marcus Camby for a much older Oakley.

Walsh gets alot credit for the Pacers and he should back then, but his norm is team building, not trades, and he made awful trades every time he pulled the trigger, and thats on top of hiring D'antoni and self admitted bad drafting.

Grunwald got Jalen Rose, who had been playing like an all-star, and Donyell Marshall, who was still a double-double threat that could hit the 3, for Antonio Davis. That's not an act of desperation.

Losing McGrady isn't an act of desperation either. If anything, it is a cautionary story about being deliberate. Meanwhile, trading Camby for Oakley was widely considered to be a good move for the Raptors at the time. They needed veteran leadership and consistent play on a young team looking to make the next step. It wasn't until the playoffs of that year that Marcus even appeared on radar.

You're using desperation, I'm saying Dolan didnt make or influence any deal but the melo one.

Why break up a .500 team that even the coach was pissed that he did it?

Grunwald got fired from the raptors that same season, just like this team....that trade was dumb, so was acquiring Bargnani amongst others.

i dont care for Dolan, but to think he influneced some some bad GM'ing is ridiculous.

unless you heard him say that he "willingly and gratefully" ceded control of the team to any of the gms under his watch, you have to assume he influenced the approach that his gms took. take the jeremy lin fiasco for example. you don't think dolan was involved?

You can say the same thing about any owner/gm.

you can when the franchise is not in disarray. successful franchises tend to work from a plan for winning and construct the team accordingly. it has not been clear that the knicks followed this model. seems like dolan is the sort who only wants people who are yes men, despite his having unrealistic and apparently destructive ambitions. as stern said not too long ago: the knicks are not a model of intelligent management.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/13/2014  1:17 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knickscity wrote:
VCoug wrote:Nobody hates us. Teams make trades because they want to improve their own team, not because they feel like helping out another team. The reason we lose so many trades is because we have a stupid, ****ing owner who's never had to work a day in his ****ing life and doesn't know what the **** he's doing. Dolan's made it very clear over the last 15 years that he'll pretty much cave on any trade demand. That's not other teams' faults that's Dolan's.

We know Dolan made the Melo deal, but sorry....the gm's made the others.

Dolan didnt trade two first round picks for Eddy Curry and an expiring T-mac.....the gm's did. dolan didnt ship out all-star David Lee for a dude who never played (Kelenna) and a guy who was made of glass (Turiaf) who we wound up having to pay his salary for the other team just top move him.

I wouldn't go that far. If you look at the trades we made, they all have a distinct flavor of desperation. Considering the different team-building styles of the GM's we've had, one would think that there would be a common denominator in it all (enter Dolan). I mean, do you really see a guy as conservative and risk-averse as Donnie Walsh taking a chance on Amar'e Stoudemire? Do you really see a guy like Glen Grunwald betting the farm on Andrea Bargnani?

Actually I do.....I definitely recall Grunwald trading the Raptors starting center in Antoni Davis, which the coach at the time pubicly complained about. this was with the raptors around the .500 mark in the year he was later fired.

Thats combined with losing T-mac for nothing, and trading Marcus Camby for a much older Oakley.

Walsh gets alot credit for the Pacers and he should back then, but his norm is team building, not trades, and he made awful trades every time he pulled the trigger, and thats on top of hiring D'antoni and self admitted bad drafting.

Grunwald got Jalen Rose, who had been playing like an all-star, and Donyell Marshall, who was still a double-double threat that could hit the 3, for Antonio Davis. That's not an act of desperation.

Losing McGrady isn't an act of desperation either. If anything, it is a cautionary story about being deliberate. Meanwhile, trading Camby for Oakley was widely considered to be a good move for the Raptors at the time. They needed veteran leadership and consistent play on a young team looking to make the next step. It wasn't until the playoffs of that year that Marcus even appeared on radar.

You're using desperation, I'm saying Dolan didnt make or influence any deal but the melo one.

Why break up a .500 team that even the coach was pissed that he did it?

Grunwald got fired from the raptors that same season, just like this team....that trade was dumb, so was acquiring Bargnani amongst others.

i dont care for Dolan, but to think he influneced some some bad GM'ing is ridiculous.

unless you heard him say that he "willingly and gratefully" ceded control of the team to any of the gms under his watch, you have to assume he influenced the approach that his gms took. take the jeremy lin fiasco for example. you don't think dolan was involved?

You can say the same thing about any owner/gm.

you can when the franchise is not in disarray. successful franchises tend to work from a plan for winning and construct the team accordingly. it has not been clear that the knicks followed this model. seems like dolan is the sort who only wants people who are yes men, despite his having unrealistic and apparently destructive ambitions. as stern said not too long ago: the knicks are not a model of intelligent management.

Certainly not intelligent especially that they hire bad GM's.

In NY, the fans don't allow you to rebuild and are very impatient. Just look at how impatient the fans are on this board with "lets trade for Josh Smith posts".

If you come to NY to be a GM, know what you are getting into or don't take the job.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/13/2014  1:34 PM
The most overlooked aspect of most negative comments i've read is that it does matter who the man at the top is. It isn't true that all of the front office and scouting people for the Knicks are somehow not any good. They have found some really good talent in the draft and outside of the NBA oer the years. The problem has been at the top with the bad deals that have been made, giving up picks and letting good young players go for nothing.

The key now is that with Phil at the top we'll likely not see a continuation of horrid trades. I think Phil will bring in good BB minds and most important to the point of this thread, Phil has a chance to at least begin to change the reputation of the team around the league. I think initially there will be some respect for Phil that wasn't there before. Time will tell what kind of staff he will have and he's only got one more year of being stuck with this core roster.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2014  2:37 PM
"Most hated", I think the league does better when its biggest cities succeed. NY team raises ratings.

Its just business, I don't think teams or out to get us.

We seem to do a good enough job enriching other teams. I actually think they love us!

We historically have taken contracts off others books and given picks. Denver hates us? They love us!
Chicago should hang a knick banner in appreciation for the Eddy trade!

Other coaches and GM's love us! Do well and we'll hire you and enrich beyond their wildest dreams!!

Come play an afternoon game, no need to worry about staying out late, Knicks will play more hungover!

We are not most hated, I think most loved as we are benevolent!

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
4/13/2014  4:47 PM
Most hated smacks of too much drama from the author.

No NBA franchise is doing another any favors. Pro Sports is competitive. No news her.

"This is the business we have chosen."

once a knick always a knick
JamesLin
Member: #3944
USA
4/13/2014  4:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/13/2014  4:58 PM
We're not the most hated team.. we're the most pathetic team in NBA, so why would anyone hate us instead of pity us? Hell, we even lost our lottery pick next season and no playoff.... can't get more pathetic than that.
Get busy living or get busy dying. ---- Andy Dufresne
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

4/13/2014  5:53 PM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

As you can see we made our bed hard so we must sleep in it. Phil Jackson will not get help the same way Danny Ainge got when he got Garnet and Ray Allen for really nothing from his buddies. The Knicks are hated by all the teams. We are the Mecca of Basketball and we suck. Any trade we make we will be on the loosing end because no one wants to give us anything. No one really wanted us as the 8th seed either. We will have to build by getting players from over seas. All Phil can do is get Odoms to play for us? Next season will be more like this season if we can't get better players. The Heat and Brooklyn could have won those last 2 games but they didn't and we have no fault to blame but ourselves. Now it is time to see what Jackson can do if anything.

Phil J., will do more for knicks over next 2 yrs than
fapal think it wasA media expects from Jackson.

Fact has it he has some power(NBA bizness) being allowed
by owner Dolan & also have right to sorta speak his mind
on knicks rebuilding is a relevation.

Also throw out the fact Dolan doesnt care for the bullets
& huge jokes thrown at his Nyk org & to Dolan himself cause
it must bothered the conceited owner that:
1) His team failed to make NBA playoffs & worse collapse
in recent yrs = 0 NBA profits$$$ which owner can be happy
bout' that eh?

2)Fact that now Phil J., is in way for critics & can get
all negativity & bullits hurled at Phil until he repairs
Knicks. This topic will keep Nyk in news & may not dent
Knicks sales product as much as media predicts OR as fools
like ESPN Mike Lupica hopes for! Lupica the new Mitch Lawrence
KNICK hater! as if we pay any attention to Lupica quips!

3)Phil getting $$$ & has travel provisions but believe it fans
Jackson aint come here for mud OR poop on his record legacy.
He come here to succeed & dont buy for 1min that cause Phil
isnt coaching his upside impacts are enormous.

*Like few nba experts whom side w/me this can be a Phil
version of Miami _Heat/Pat Riley (gm, prez) part 2.

NO ONE on thus board that the Rileys & Jackson carves respect
in NBA can only help NY in short terms teams WILL talk to NY
cause of P.Jackson, that is a start!

4)Jackson made interesting private comment or his aides/pals;
Think Glen Frey (Musball clubs. That Phil is seeking talent on NBA
teams on pro ballclubs. That catch is interesting see/my
post on it.

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/15/2014  9:08 AM
We were hated in the Riley days because we put a hurt on teams win or lose. The league loved us when we were taken by pretty much every team's GM in the Isiah days. Walsh showed that other teams will do business with us , he couldn't of cleared out all that cap space otherwise. If Jackson makes offers that not only help the Knicks but the teams he is dealing with, there will be takers.
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

4/15/2014  2:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2014  2:41 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:

As you can see we made our bed hard so we must sleep in it. Phil Jackson will not get help the same way Danny Ainge got when he got Garnet and Ray Allen for really nothing from his buddies. The Knicks are hated by all the teams. We are the Mecca of Basketball and we suck. Any trade we make we will be on the loosing end because no one wants to give us anything. No one really wanted us as the 8th seed either. We will have to build by getting players from over seas. All Phil can do is get Odoms to play for us? Next season will be more like this season if we can't get better players. The Heat and Brooklyn could have won those last 2 games but they didn't and we have no fault to blame but ourselves. Now it is time to see what Jackson can do if anything.

bout' that eh?

post on it.

Papabear Says

What should happen if Phil can't get us a championship in 4 years>
Guys on this forum will be calling for his head.

Papabear
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2014  5:44 PM
Papabear wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:

bout' that eh?

post on it.

Papabear Says

Damn Skippy we'll be calling for it!

Really, it depends on how competitive the team becomes. Do they contend? Does injury play a part?

Need a bit of luck too. Sometimes its not what you become but what happens around you. NO jordan and bulls maybe we win one or two?

the year we smell it the Rockets rose to power. PJ Brown doen't do a midget toss with Charlie ward maybe he is the last great coach in Knick land?

Get me a 60 win season and ECF's, then we'll "BLAME".

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

4/15/2014  8:37 PM
Fuck outta here man,

No one 'hates' us.

No one hates paper.

If you make good deals, guys can't refuse.

There is no love or hate in exchanges that make it work for both sides.

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
DJMUSIC

4/16/2014  12:31 PM
Papabear wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:

bout' that eh?

post on it.

Papabear Says

I Hear you but if we playin for NBA East conf. championship? in 3-4 yrs Knic
fans would sign on 4 that
Look at how bad east is & parity coming in
Dont ignore the low risk cheap moves if Phil gets Odom, Metta peace & Bynu
for 1 yr & mix in few youths signings,
Why these Phil moves? Phil sees NO ROLES are defined by team/coac
Of course it aint Wodson fault where I blame him is failing to
1)speak up for any PG? i bet Mike never felt he can go to GM Mill
also I blame Nyg brass & Steve "useless" Mills BUT Woody shoulda had gut
to cite DESIRE for PG INSTEAD Woodson says "I wish JR & Raymond was here!
two guys early whom sunk Stubborn woodson boat, while Knicks lost
2) Sure that Jackson sees NO ROLE NOR IDENTITY was established
so even if knicks young guys Aldrich, T.Murray, ect wasnt stars BUT Mik
can you say "Need a rebound?", how "bout an assist?" passing
Roles needed to be clear, even if flawed roster. Mike gave impressio
NY had enough to win, simple as that..

Role guys & spot min. expert players, even guys whom make GOOD HARD foul
& two way players will be brought to NY by Jackson
Its start of getting Lunch-pail type NBA players whom want a job & if they succee
then Knicks will too! once you have 1-2 star players with few experienced vets, that i
why I see Phil doing the impact & getting a coach to execute the mentioned items

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

4/16/2014  3:42 PM
DJMUSIC wrote:

bout' that eh?

post on it.

Papabear Says

Wow so far we got Odoms Hope he is off the pipe

Papabear
DJMUSIC

4/18/2014  2:20 AM
Look fellas at bright side!
2015/16
$$$ to spend
Jax around to execute.

NY as written will be appealing once again for few 'Right stars' & pros to come to Da Garden
I dont think Phil came here to fail, $$$$ after next 2015

I am optimistic not 'usual' pessimistic.
NBA is in small trouble now, the OKC's and Rockets, Heat have their window shrinking to win!
2 of three teams (Miami, Rockets) I got no confidence they make noise in BIG Pictures with
likes of Dwight Howard & James Harden.

With NBA East getting bad when best teams are just Miami (declining), Bulls, Pacers and Wizards
and NBA West Spurs window shrinking, OKC better win soon! Cause Mr Durant is available 2016.

All in all looks good for Knicks in all of sudden watered down NBA where no Dynasty nor unbeatable
teams will have a 1-2 title run like Miami Heat. With woes Pacers has this gives NYK, Boston & LAL
plenty of time to get well! I am proud & happy Knicks fan to say I believe in Phil its his last big
gig. Whether prez OR as Coach We're going to be final bound in the short term..

*Believe papabear
believe
LOL

JamesLin
Member: #3944
USA
4/18/2014  3:08 PM
Cool, so we can look forward to Knicks finally rebuilding and get to watch Assassin's Creed the movie in 2015/16 .. future looks so bright I gotta wear shades..

DJMUSIC wrote:Look fellas at bright side!
2015/16
$$$ to spend
Jax around to execute.

NY as written will be appealing once again for few 'Right stars' & pros to come to Da Garden
I dont think Phil came here to fail, $$$$ after next 2015

I am optimistic not 'usual' pessimistic.
NBA is in small trouble now, the OKC's and Rockets, Heat have their window shrinking to win!
2 of three teams (Miami, Rockets) I got no confidence they make noise in BIG Pictures with
likes of Dwight Howard & James Harden.

With NBA East getting bad when best teams are just Miami (declining), Bulls, Pacers and Wizards
and NBA West Spurs window shrinking, OKC better win soon! Cause Mr Durant is available 2016.

All in all looks good for Knicks in all of sudden watered down NBA where no Dynasty nor unbeatable
teams will have a 1-2 title run like Miami Heat. With woes Pacers has this gives NYK, Boston & LAL
plenty of time to get well! I am proud & happy Knicks fan to say I believe in Phil its his last big
gig. Whether prez OR as Coach We're going to be final bound in the short term..

*Believe papabear
believe
LOL

Get busy living or get busy dying. ---- Andy Dufresne
One thing Phil Jackson and the Knicks must understand. We are the most hated team in the NBA. Expect help or deals from no one.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy