TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:As a wise man once said recently, Melo gets you a billion dollar renovation. Pretty relevant.

Pretty much all he's been good for--a quick revenue boost for Dolan.

Yeah, I much preferred missing the playoffs and drafting the Fred Wiess's, Michael Beasley's and IR Gallo's of the world. And counting Cap space that Lebron and KD were never going to be interested in. I hated winning a division and getting to the second round for the first time in over a decade. Who needed a HOF level talent on the team when you could've spent your time watching Nate the Great shoot at the wrong basket. How I miss those 20-win seasons!

Tell me all about your wet dream about how a CP3-level talent was just dying to play with IR Stat, Gallo, Moz and Wilson. Or how we could've built patiently like other franchises like Toronto and Philly and Charlotte.

Apparently, in your wet dreams we win 36 games in a season. Superstar!

And apparently, you get woodys thinking that 29-win seasons and being out of the playoffs by February are better than this season? Yoots!

the key is, there is upside with young players you can build on.... right now what upside is there with these wannabe supastahs?????

in the end, if you lose, do it with a young roster full of cheap players.. not a bloated roster full of malcontent max cat losers..

So you prefer spending 5 or 6 seasons losing 50 or 59 games watching the "building" going on with the likes of:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

As opposed to the last 4 seasons; am I capturing your key correctly?

Losing more games while young and cheap somehow makes you feel better?

I noticed that every time someone makes a critical comment about the current roster, you assume it means they liked Isiah's rosters. That's really twisted.

Seeing as how so many people oddly hate Melo because we traded some of the guys on that list for him, I'd say he's not exactly on the wrong track. He's just picking the wrong roster.

Most players are on their teams for 1 or 2 seasons. Hating the Melo trade of 2010-11 doesn't mean you wanted all those players to be here in 2014.
To me, the picks and cap space are a bigger deal than the players we gave up anyway.
AUTOADVERT
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

4/17/2014  2:49 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:As a wise man once said recently, Melo gets you a billion dollar renovation. Pretty relevant.

Yeah, I much preferred missing the playoffs and drafting the Fred Wiess's, Michael Beasley's and IR Gallo's of the world. And counting Cap space that Lebron and KD were never going to be interested in. I hated winning a division and getting to the second round for the first time in over a decade. Who needed a HOF level talent on the team when you could've spent your time watching Nate the Great shoot at the wrong basket. How I miss those 20-win seasons!

Tell me all about your wet dream about how a CP3-level talent was just dying to play with IR Stat, Gallo, Moz and Wilson. Or how we could've built patiently like other franchises like Toronto and Philly and Charlotte.

And apparently, you get woodys thinking that 29-win seasons and being out of the playoffs by February are better than this season? Yoots!

the key is, there is upside with young players you can build on.... right now what upside is there with these wannabe supastahs?????

in the end, if you lose, do it with a young roster full of cheap players.. not a bloated roster full of malcontent max cat losers..

So you prefer spending 5 or 6 seasons losing 50 or 59 games watching the "building" going on with the likes of:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

I noticed that every time someone makes a critical comment about the current roster, you assume it means they liked Isiah's rosters. That's really twisted.

Seeing as how so many people oddly hate Melo because we traded some of the guys on that list for him, I'd say he's not exactly on the wrong track. He's just picking the wrong roster.

Most players are on their teams for 1 or 2 seasons. Hating the Melo trade of 2010-11 doesn't mean you wanted all those players to be here in 2014.
To me, the picks and cap space are a bigger deal than the players we gave up anyway.

That's how most rational fans think Bonn. Believe me, we're of the same belief except that I didn't full on hate the trade but I hated the circumstances that lead up to it.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/17/2014  2:58 PM
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

That's how most rational fans think Bonn. Believe me, we're of the same belief except that I didn't full on hate the trade but I hated the circumstances that lead up to it.

most of you don't remember, although i hated the trade I tried to give it a chance since we were not going to trade that slug.. what did it for me completely is how he sabotaged because he didn't like dantoni's system.. the dude was ready to railroad his teamates to satisfy his ego.....

which is why I want this whole team gone... the mutiny is something I can't tolerate and I believe it was going on.. Not that I like woodson at all, but this reminds me so much of the marbury days and i want no parts of that..

there are many reasons not to like carmelo and this team... other than.."the trade"..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/17/2014  3:04 PM
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

Welcome to the forest, gentlemen. You'll notice it's full of trees.

I have no idea what roster picking has to do with any of this conversation. Maybe someone could explain that to me, since I didn't pick a roster, all I did was post about the fact that:

1) We had, with this franchise, with it's well-documented rich idiot owner, 5-6 full seasons with young players.
2) I went through the rosters and only noted young Knicks who actually played/started a material amount of games in any given one of those seasons. This was not an attempt to pick a roster, it was reflecting that we actually had experienced tkf's "key".
3) While you are all truly great at responding to nothing I posted, you'll notice none of your responses address the losing, except Mr. MeloHate himself, tkf. He actually admits that losing more games is better than losing less games over almost the same amount of seasons. As long as he (tkf) doesn't have to endure Meloball. For any myriad amount of reasons. None of which we need to go into here. It's enough that tkf will say losing more makes him feel better. One of the keys to finding a cure is actually admitting you have a problem.

4) This was actually an exercise in trying to bait tkf into explaining how Mardy Collins was actually a better all-around player than Melo.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/18/2014  12:15 AM
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

you make him sound like a ****ing princess looking for prince charming. he is a full-fledged ******* and guilty until proven innocent. are you a knick fan?!? sincere question!

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/18/2014  12:29 AM
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

you make him sound like a ****ing princess looking for prince charming. he is a full-fledged ******* and guilty until proven innocent. are you a knick fan?!? sincere question!

huh?

balanced?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  12:39 AM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

huh?

balanced?

let me rephrase: when i look at carmelo anthony i see a vain and conceited human being. what do you see?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/18/2014  1:13 AM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

huh?

balanced?

let me rephrase: when i look at carmelo anthony i see a vain and conceited human being. what do you see?

Very successful athlete and businessman. Good citizen.
Not a leader. Not a good teammate. Not very smart bbal mind.
To win big he needs good coach, dominant and demanding leader(s) on the team, hard-nose GM to keep him in check.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/18/2014  10:44 AM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

huh?

balanced?

An upper echelon professional athelete getting paid millions of dollars to perform every night. By golly, are you telling me people like that just might be vain and conceited?

Look at your posts about Melo and tell me what you see.

tkf
4/18/2014  10:52 AM
arkrud wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

huh?

balanced?

To win big he needs good coach, dominant and demanding leader(s) on the team, hard-nose GM to keep him in check.

the problem is personal success as an athlete and business person does not always translate into team success..

so let me ask you.. which is more important.. that he is personally successful or if the knicks are successful.. because right now we are not getting the latter and that is the Major issue..

Not a leader and not a good teammate is damaging, especially when you are making max dollars..... not a very smart bball mind.. I agree... reading these comments you made makes me wonder how can he be considered a very successful athlete and businessman, unless you associate success in athletics with money earned..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
4/18/2014  10:54 AM
jrodmc wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

huh?

balanced?

An upper echelon professional athelete getting paid millions of dollars to perform every night. By golly, are you telling me people like that just might be vain and conceited?

Look at your posts about Melo and tell me what you see.

the problem is that it effects what he does in a negative way, which in turn effects the team you root for.... are you ok with that? what is more important to you... carmelo's success or that of the knicks...? just curious..

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/18/2014  10:57 AM
arkrud wrote:

I'd say he's a good team mate- a lot of his former teammates seem to be life long friends with him (K-Mart, Camby, JR, James White etc)- might be frustrating that he gets selfish with the ball and doesn't pass enough. I agree about him not being a leader, and needing a good coach and a leader on the team.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/18/2014  10:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2014  11:11 AM
Which is why he should be a key part of team not THE team. What we pay him will determine this. Anything over $25m and he can go to Chicago, Houston or Phoenix for picks and assets
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/18/2014  11:02 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Which is why he should be a key part of team not THE team. What we pay him will determine this. Anything over $25m and he can go to Chicago, Houston or Phoenix

Agreed- hopefully in a sign and trade so we can get something back. I just don't see how we can build the team that needs to be around him in less than one season, which is why I'm presuming he leaves.

mreinman

4/18/2014  11:21 AM
smackeddog wrote:
arkrud wrote:

I'd say he's a good team mate- a lot of his former teammates seem to be life long friends with him (K-Mart, Camby, JR, James White etc)- might be frustrating that he gets selfish with the ball and doesn't pass enough. I agree about him not being a leader, and needing a good coach and a leader on the team.

I agree with this AND ITS BALANCED!

Melo is a conceited and vain dumbo yet Amare who many of these same thoughtless posts(ers) are ok with him being a dumb as nails, no defense, no leader salbatross (salary albatross).

Melo is not a leader and he certainly chucks more than he should

BALANCE PLEASE!

Is that so much to ask? Logical balanced arguments?

dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  11:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2014  11:33 AM
tkf wrote:
arkrud wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
tkf wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
toad wrote:

Channing Frye
David Lee
Eddy Curry
Renaldo Balkman
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Mardy Collins
Toney Douglas
Gallo

huh?

balanced?

the problem is personal success as an athlete and business person does not always translate into team success..

so let me ask you.. which is more important.. that he is personally successful or if the knicks are successful.. because right now we are not getting the latter and that is the Major issue..

Not a leader and not a good teammate is damaging, especially when you are making max dollars..... not a very smart bball mind.. I agree... reading these comments you made makes me wonder how can he be considered a very successful athlete and businessman, unless you associate success in athletics with money earned..

unfortunately most fans of carmelo do just that, just as melo clearly does. otherwise why force a stupid team-defeating trade and ask for max money to boot?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/18/2014  11:41 AM
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Melo is a conceited and vain dumbo yet Amare who many of these same thoughtless posts(ers) are ok with him being a dumb as nails, no defense, no leader salbatross (salary albatross).

BALANCE PLEASE!

DK is evaluating Melo as a player paid $23 mil per. He's already said he thinks Melo is worth $12 to 14 mil per. Obviously he recognizes many strengths Melo has. Is DK less balanced or does he just not feel the need to state the strengths that merit the $12 to 14 mil in every post?
mreinman

4/18/2014  12:01 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
arkrud wrote:

BALANCE PLEASE!

DK is evaluating Melo as a player paid $23 mil per. He's already said he thinks Melo is worth $12 to 14 mil per. Obviously he recognizes many strengths Melo has. Is DK less balanced or does he just not feel the need to state the strengths that merit the $12 to 14 mil in every post?

its not about the 12-14 value tag. that is fine. I think its more but everyone has a right to perform their own apology.

it is nice that you come to his defense but his Melo arguments are far from balanced. I am sure that you know that and have not just read this post.

it is certainly far more balanced that TKF (which are just off the chart flawed) though he (tkf) likes associating himself with DK though they really have very little deep rooted philosophies that they agree on.

DK does not like chuckers so he does not like (Kobe, Iverson, Melo and alike). I respect that and I see the flaws that irk him in all these players. However, all these "clown", "narcissist", "doesn't care about winning", "all about the money" etc ... are fully bloated with bias and conjecture.

Bonn, you should be balanced too and feel free to call posters out when you disagree regardless of who they are and you alliances/history with them.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/18/2014  12:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
arkrud wrote:

A buddy of mine has been friends with Jason Kidd since Kidd was 14. He said Kidd raves about what a good guy and good teammate Melo is.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
USA
4/18/2014  12:32 PM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
arkrud wrote:

BALANCE PLEASE!

its not about the 12-14 value tag. that is fine. I think its more but everyone has a right to perform their own apology.

it is nice that you come to his defense but his Melo arguments are far from balanced. I am sure that you know that and have not just read this post.

it is certainly far more balanced that TKF (which are just off the chart flawed) though he (tkf) likes associating himself with DK though they really have very little deep rooted philosophies that they agree on.

DK does not like chuckers so he does not like (Kobe, Iverson, Melo and alike). I respect that and I see the flaws that irk him in all these players. However, all these "clown", "narcissist", "doesn't care about winning", "all about the money" etc ... are fully bloated with bias and conjecture.

Bonn, you should be balanced too and feel free to call posters out when you disagree regardless of who they are and you alliances/history with them.

if these other guys were knicks i would be just as stringent in my critique.

Was Carmelo trade awash?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy