[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

BYE WOODSON thanks for absolutely nothing
Author Thread
Gsus
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4459

4/9/2014  7:22 AM
Also, it wasn't Dantoni or Melo's fault for that disastrous end. It was all management and Dolan. How the **** do you have Dantoni as a coach, get Melo and then amnesty the one good pg on your team to get a center who has no business being in his system? And on top of that, you **** up any chance to get the best pg in the league, something that would have been a match made in heaven (Dantoni, Paul, Anthony).

Again, impatience on the part of the stupid owner, no communication, no thought process into how the pieces will fit..just go go go go go!

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/10/2014  12:30 PM
Woodson is so dumb/naive he thinks phil is letting him do his thing, thats why they haven't sat down. Are you serious???
ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/10/2014  12:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Woodson is so dumb/naive he thinks phil is letting him do his thing, thats why they haven't sat down. Are you serious???

It does have Eucheresque quality to it. On the other hand I'm not expecting him to say "game over man, game over" either.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/10/2014  1:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Woodson is so dumb/naive he thinks phil is letting him do his thing, thats why they haven't sat down. Are you serious???

I think he's just dumb

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/10/2014  1:26 PM

If a new boss comes in and no directive to make changes, then he is letting him do his thing!

There was really no time to make changes. About the only thing wouild be if Phil wants to see certain players in certain situations.

What he knows and what he says in MSG is not always whats going on. They are told what to say.

knicks1248
4/10/2014  2:11 PM
Nalod wrote:
If a new boss comes in and no directive to make changes, then he is letting him do his thing!

There was really no time to make changes. About the only thing wouild be if Phil wants to see certain players in certain situations.

What he knows and what he says in MSG is not always whats going on. They are told what to say.

That would mean phil has no control, and dolan is still calling the shots, which i seriously doubt.

I don't epecxt woodson to say: "I'm not concern with phil, he's not a big part of what were doing in terms of making the playoffs"

But to sit up there almost like your doing a good job and phil is cool with everything your doing, well thats pretty damn stupid, and any moron knows that no cummunication means no one really gives a fck..

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/10/2014  4:24 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

That would mean phil has no control, and dolan is still calling the shots, which i seriously doubt.

I don't epecxt woodson to say: "I'm not concern with phil, he's not a big part of what were doing in terms of making the playoffs"

But to sit up there almost like your doing a good job and phil is cool with everything your doing, well thats pretty damn stupid, and any moron knows that no cummunication means no one really gives a fck..

The only thing to read from statements out of MSG is what happens, not what is said. Mike got the nice unified front going on riding out the season. He has his 3.7mil next year so the best thing to do is just tow the company line and say everything is cool!

Woodson knew the gig when he dumped Keith Glass and sold his soul to CAA. HE got paid for his loyalty, not to win games. Dolan is big like that.

holfresh
Member: #1081

4/10/2014  5:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2014  5:17 PM
Woodson did ok in all this...The organization was in dysfunction from top to bottom and he stayed consistent and kept talking about trying to win..A few people noticed...
Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/11/2014  4:17 AM
gunsnewing wrote:

I think he's just dumb

anybody who thinks woodson isn't dumb.... is dumb.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
4/15/2014  3:19 PM
Is he going to go down as the worse Knick coach ever, because I have be a fan since the 80's and i have not witness a more inept coach..The coaches that did have horrible seasons had horrible rosters..
ES
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

4/15/2014  3:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:We all know that Kidd & Rasheed did most of the coaching last yr, which is why he didn't get COY. Even after winning 54 games and blowing miami out twice during the season, no one had the knicks making the NBA finals or even the ECF.

Woodson has had the most talent since JVG, and this season was a EPIC failure,

you have a better chance getting a Perfect NCAA tourny bracket, then every seeing woodson as a head coach in the NBA.

I can't even begin to describe what a roller coasting nightmare of a season he has put us through..

But yesterday was the last straw in my book, having a big fckng line up and not even using your bigs. Miami had no center at all, and Amare gets 9 touches, but never mind that as every newspaper in NYC has documented that pretty darn clearly.

You played Melo at Center in the washington game for 5 minutes (with a injured shoulder) in the 4th qtr for what fckng reason only he knows..

You have used Amare so bad, that you had most ppl believing he was done as a player. the most effecient player in your line up.

2 FT attemps the entire 2nd half of the miami game, with miami having know centers, and the knicks having damn near the biggest front court in the NBA, but we still jack up 42 fkng 3's as a team..

GTFO here woodson..pleasee

*AMEN! you said it best bra-ther...knicks1248

Woodson going I am going to celebrate with drinks in NYC
Come join ! please

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/15/2014  7:23 PM
I actually tried to give Woodson a chance. I wrote a thread based on what he said he wanted to do, which was play more old school BB and go inside out with the offense. Then he had injuries to his bigs and he went with Kidd and a spread offense. COOL that's a good move, but it became clear he had nothing else and wasn't the architect of that style. Kidd was. Then on top of that was the poor use of his players that could actually help like playing Copeland more when it was clear he was helping this team. Then this year Woody was lost from the very beginning. He never had a clue how he wanted to use his roster. He clearly BLEW many games with his poor coaching and actually froze on the sidelines many times. He was the luckiest guy in the world in his 1st year cuz the team stepped up and then Melo got hot and he rode that. Then last year he was lucky he had the vets and Kidd around to make him look like he knew what he was doing. He's a horrid coach.
holfresh
Member: #1081

4/15/2014  7:26 PM
Hahahahahahahahahah
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/15/2014  7:33 PM
He is nit a coach - he is the couch.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/17/2014  3:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2014  3:31 PM
Ha, damned by praise in the exit interview:

Amare says he realizes that Woodson is under fire, but that he's learned more defensively under Woodson than any coach he's had.

http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/new_york_knicks#ixzz2zAoSC2zA

Also Woody not part of the exit interviews, only Phil and Mills are. i.e., the Woody era is over. Weird really- he's a likeable person, and he seemed to win a lot of games with a terrible game plan and no ability to adjust. I don't really understand how he won so many games before the first half of this season, and I guess I never will!

knicks1248
4/18/2014  12:28 PM
There's really one question I would ask woodson giving the oportunity..

WHY DID YOU CONTINUE TO STICK TO THE SAME GAME PLAN EVEN THOUGH IT WASN'T WORKING AT ALL?

ES
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/18/2014  1:50 PM
smackeddog wrote:Ha, damned by praise in the exit interview:

Amare says he realizes that Woodson is under fire, but that he's learned more defensively under Woodson than any coach he's had.

Also Woody not part of the exit interviews, only Phil and Mills are. i.e., the Woody era is over. Weird really- he's a likeable person, and he seemed to win a lot of games with a terrible game plan and no ability to adjust. I don't really understand how he won so many games before the first half of this season, and I guess I never will!

what's likable about a coach who plays favorites?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/18/2014  2:19 PM
dk7th wrote:

Coaches plays favorites.

Pjax did not play favorites?

Not that I like it, I hate it.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/18/2014  2:22 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Coaches plays favorites.

i don't know if he does or not. i only know that woodson does and popovich does not.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/18/2014  2:32 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Coaches plays favorites.

i don't know if he does or not. i only know that woodson does and popovich does not.

Steven Jackson says he does. I think almost every coach plays favorites. Some just don't do it as often.= or get a pass when they do. However, its no real way of telling. It's all opinions and I'm sure different players will say different things. The same as coaches.

BYE WOODSON thanks for absolutely nothing

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy