holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
holfresh wrote:Thanks for nothing??...I'll thank him for 18-6, made the playoffs then a 54 win season which took us to the 2nd round...

no you need to thank melo, who carried the team to that 18-6 mark where he was name player of the wk twice, and player of the month..

then you can thank kidd, kurt thomas. and rasheed for helping us get to 54 wins..

Thank the boston celtics for having a depleted roster cause we surley would have lost that series if rondo was healthy and you know it..cmon man kg out rebounded the entire starting 5 by himself..

Say what you want, we saw the best results in over a decade under Woodson...

We're also seeing a sh***y season under him too. Does that mean he get all the blame? No. He did a GREAT job last season but I wouldn't "thank" only him for it. So many other factors went into it. Just like this season isn't entirely his fault though he should take some blame.

I agree, but the thread said thanks for Nothing??...You can never heap blame in one place, there are always many factors...That said, a 54 win season in the first full year on the job, is a 54 win season...

I think we as fans tend to look at the most recent body of work sometimes. I'm not saying that's definitely what the OP did but it's a possibility and it does happen. Woodys just made several head scratching decisions this season and it's frustrating.

Woodson is not a great coach, he is ok...We can certainly do worse and probably will...

No you really can't do worse. Name a worse coach. And before you say Dantoni, consider that Dantoni at least knew that ball movement was essential to an offense. As the ESPN poll indicates Woodson is a bottom of the barrel coach, the only two HC's ranked lower than him are coaches with far less to work with on their rosters.

Woodson says the same thing about ball movement too, it's the reason he starts Prigs with Felton..But consider this, MDA coached teams has given up the most 130 pts games the last 5 years..18-24 turned into 18--6 to make the playoffs is the poll I'm most concerned about...

MDA's 18-24 record was a direct reflection on melo not buying in, if your main player thinks your system is a gimmick, he's not even going to commit 100%, same thing with woodson and his situation, no ones truely buying in..we all heard melo teel woodson in the huddle to "FCK this BS lets just play ball"

ES
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/8/2014  2:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2014  2:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
holfresh wrote:Thanks for nothing??...I'll thank him for 18-6, made the playoffs then a 54 win season which took us to the 2nd round...

no you need to thank melo, who carried the team to that 18-6 mark where he was name player of the wk twice, and player of the month..

then you can thank kidd, kurt thomas. and rasheed for helping us get to 54 wins..

Thank the boston celtics for having a depleted roster cause we surley would have lost that series if rondo was healthy and you know it..cmon man kg out rebounded the entire starting 5 by himself..

We're also seeing a sh***y season under him too. Does that mean he get all the blame? No. He did a GREAT job last season but I wouldn't "thank" only him for it. So many other factors went into it. Just like this season isn't entirely his fault though he should take some blame.

I agree, but the thread said thanks for Nothing??...You can never heap blame in one place, there are always many factors...That said, a 54 win season in the first full year on the job, is a 54 win season...

I think we as fans tend to look at the most recent body of work sometimes. I'm not saying that's definitely what the OP did but it's a possibility and it does happen. Woodys just made several head scratching decisions this season and it's frustrating.

Woodson is not a great coach, he is ok...We can certainly do worse and probably will...

No you really can't do worse. Name a worse coach. And before you say Dantoni, consider that Dantoni at least knew that ball movement was essential to an offense. As the ESPN poll indicates Woodson is a bottom of the barrel coach, the only two HC's ranked lower than him are coaches with far less to work with on their rosters.

Woodson says the same thing about ball movement too, it's the reason he starts Prigs with Felton..But consider this, MDA coached teams has given up the most 130 pts games the last 5 years..18-24 turned into 18--6 to make the playoffs is the poll I'm most concerned abouty...

MDA's 18-24 record was a direct reflection on melo not buying in, if your main player thinks your system is a gimmick, he's not even going to commit 100%, same thing with woodson and his situation, no ones truely buying in..we all heard melo teel woodson in the huddle to "FCK this BS lets just play ball"

I'm not sure why he wouldn't buy in..Standing in the corner shooting threes is the ideal job for him...Kobe, Dwight, Pao, Kamam hasn't bought in either..Dude had 4 future HOF players last year and how did it turn out??? Using your Jason Kidd/Rasheed Wallace logic, do you now think it was really MDA coaching or Steve Nash coaching all the time in PHX???

TeamBall
Member: #4386

4/8/2014  2:43 PM
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Woodson says the same thing about ball movement too, it's the reason he starts Prigs with Felton..But consider this, MDA coached teams has given up the most 130 pts games the last 5 years..18-24 turned into 18--6 to make the playoffs is the poll I'm most concerned about...

Woodson had been stressing his desire to go big for the majority of the season. He started Bargs with Tyson until injury struck and he doesn't even start Prigs with Felton anymore cause he went back to a big lineup - one similar to what we would've started last season with had Amare not gotten hurt and forced him to start Kidd with Felton.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
holfresh

4/8/2014  2:46 PM
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Woodson had been stressing his desire to go big for the majority of the season. He started Bargs with Tyson until injury struck and he doesn't even start Prigs with Felton anymore cause he went back to a big lineup - one similar to what we would've started last season with had Amare not gotten hurt and forced him to start Kidd with Felton.

Well it wasn't working as it did last season was it?? the point of the Prigs starting was??, ball movement..
TeamBall

4/8/2014  3:26 PM
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Well it wasn't working as it did last season was it?? the point of the Prigs starting was??, ball movement..

He didn't start Pablo cause he wanted to, he started him cause of injuries. If starting Pablo results in ball movement, as you seem to be saying, and Woodsons not starting him, how does that translate to Woodson wanting ball movement like you stated 2 posts above?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
holfresh

4/8/2014  3:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2014  3:30 PM
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

He didn't start Pablo cause he wanted to, he started him cause of injuries. If starting Pablo results in ball movement, as you seem to be saying, and Woodsons not starting him, how does that translate to Woodson wanting ball movement like you stated 2 posts above?

Yes or No..Is it your contention that Woodson didn't start Kidd or Prigs because of ball movement???..And if Prigs doesn't start then Woodson doesn't want ball movement???.

TeamBall

4/8/2014  3:33 PM
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Yes or No..Is it your contention that Woodson didn't start Kidd or Prigs because of ball movement???..And if Prigs doesn't start then Woodson doesn't want ball movement???.

Woodson says the same thing about ball movement too, it's the reason he starts Prigs with Felton..

^ I'm saying that part isn't completely true since Woodsons been saying for most of the season that he wants to go big

Asked Woody why Pablo doesnt start when he usually helps NYK get back 2 last yr's principles. "The East is big, man." Cites need to match up

https://twitter.com/HerringWSJ/status/410441202920882176
holfresh

4/8/2014  3:35 PM
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Woodson says the same thing about ball movement too, it's the reason he starts Prigs with Felton..

^ I'm saying that part isn't completely true since Woodsons been saying for most of the season that he wants to go big

Asked Woody why Pablo doesnt start when he usually helps NYK get back 2 last yr's principles. "The East is big, man." Cites need to match up

So does going big equate not wanting ball movement???

TeamBall

4/8/2014  3:38 PM
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Are you gonna keep trying to take everything literal to try to discredit me or actually read my post? You're saying Woodson started prigs with Felton for ball movement and I'm saying he only started prigs cause injuries forced him to. Ball movement and a nice winning streak came of it but it's not like we had all our guys healthy and Woody said "im gonna start Pablo to get the ball moving".
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/8/2014  3:38 PM
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Woodson says the same thing about ball movement too, it's the reason he starts Prigs with Felton..But consider this, MDA coached teams has given up the most 130 pts games the last 5 years..18-24 turned into 18--6 to make the playoffs is the poll I'm most concerned abouty...

I'm not sure why he wouldn't buy in..Standing in the corner shooting threes is the ideal job for him...Kobe, Dwight, Pao, Kamam hasn't bought in either..Dude had 4 future HOF players last year and how did it turn out??? Using your Jason Kidd/Rasheed Wallace logic, do you now think it was really MDA coaching or Steve Nash coaching all the time in PHX???

You know it wasn't a matter of melo standing in the cornner waiting for a 3's, he didnt want to commit to being a point fwd and having to distribute the ball, the same dam thing he ended up doing in woodys knockoff virgin of MDA's system

Actually the system fit nash like a glove, the same way all pgs have better numbers under MDA

ES
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/8/2014  3:39 PM
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

one look at melo's career usage should explain why he wouldn't like standing in the corner shooting threes. melo simply has to have the ball in his hands in order to be effective-- or so he thinks.

those 4 players you mentioned-- two of them won playing in the triangle-- neither would be comfortable changing their games to suit d'antoni's system. both are kind of primadonnas at this point. neither are particularly hungry at this point. and d'antoni's personality is going to alienate some dudes.

dwight howard does not have the skills to excel in d'antoni's offense.

don't know about kaman.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

4/8/2014  3:44 PM
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Are you gonna keep trying to take everything literal to try to discredit me or actually read my post? You're saying Woodson started prigs with Felton for ball movement and I'm saying he only started prigs cause injuries forced him to. Ball movement and a nice winning streak came of it but it's not like we had all our guys healthy and Woody said "im gonna start Pablo to get the ball moving".

But the philosophy dates back to last year...
TeamBall

4/8/2014  3:46 PM
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Yes. Back to when we started Kidd at the beginning of last season. We were gonna start Amare but he got hurt so we started Kidd. Like I said before, Woodson did because of injuries.
holfresh

4/8/2014  3:52 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

one look at melo's career usage should explain why he wouldn't like standing in the corner shooting threes. melo simply has to have the ball in his hands in order to be effective-- or so he thinks.

those 4 players you mentioned-- two of them won playing in the triangle-- neither would be comfortable changing their games to suit d'antoni's system. both are kind of primadonnas at this point. neither are particularly hungry at this point. and d'antoni's personality is going to alienate some dudes.

don't know about kaman.

Just one time respond with a non Melo answer, just once...

holfresh

4/8/2014  3:54 PM
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Yes. Back to when we started Kidd at the beginning of last season. We were gonna start Amare but he got hurt so we started Kidd. Like I said before, Woodson did because of injuries.

So why didn't he start another big like KT or Sheed or KMart later???

TeamBall

4/8/2014  3:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2014  4:00 PM
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

He did...
He started Camby and Tyson together until Camby got hurt and he started Kmart in our 2nd to last playoff game to try to fix us getting out rebounded by Indiana.
KT even started some games also but he was always subbed after a short time
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/8/2014  4:01 PM
I'm so tired of people who don't know ish bashing MDA anytime we talk about Woodson!!! Woodson was NOT responsible for that 18-6 and he clearly wasn't the architect of the small ball they played last year. If anyone paid a lick of attention to what Woodson has done as a coach they'd know he's garbage. Woody's plays don't lead to high % shots. He makes things easy for opposing defenses. The style this team played last year was counter to everything Woodson has ever done and he abandoned that style in the playoffs and went back to what he had always done. ISO BALL.

In the playoffs we all saw what his idea of BB was. He was PUTRID when he tried to come up with any adjustments and was thoroughly out coached. He's been AWFUL coming up with any schemes to win games and has been the worst coach in using Melo to close out games. His defense is a fraud and he has no offense to speak of. Dude just rode a hot shooting team or hot Melo to some win streaks but he had NOTHING to do with it. If you believe he did explain the specific offensive plays he came up with that consistently led to good BB! This team under Woodson has played simplistic and low IQ BB. It's a reflection on him and his weak BB mind.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/8/2014  4:02 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

don't know about kaman.

why? there are several nested boxes here that refer to carmelo anthony and then you yourself try to contrast 4 other players' behaviors vis a vis carmelo anthony. carmelo anthony did not respect d'antoni and was not comfortable playing in that style. seems to me neither did gasol or bryant.

but i understand the type of "reasoning" you like to emply and it goes something like this:

1) it's always the coach's fault when you personally don't like the coach
2) it's never the coach's fault when you personally do like the coach

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

4/8/2014  4:06 PM
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

He did...
He started Camby and Tyson together until Camby got hurt and he started Kmart in our 2nd to last playoff game to try to fix us getting out rebounded by Indiana.
KT even started some games also but he was always subbed after a short time

Jason Kidd started from day one...You are talking about what happened at the end of the season..How does that illustrate a season long philosophy???

holfresh

4/8/2014  4:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2014  4:10 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Dagger wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

don't know about kaman.

why? there are several nested boxes here that refer to carmelo anthony and then you yourself try to contrast 4 other players' behaviors vis a vis carmelo anthony. carmelo anthony did not respect d'antoni and was not comfortable playing in that style. seems to me neither did gasol or bryant.

but i understand the type of "reasoning" you like to emply and it goes something like this:

1) it's always the coach's fault when you personally don't like the coach
2) it's never the coach's fault when you personally do like the coach

listening to the Melo mono tone has become brutal...Forget my personal feeling about MDA...I never thought he was a good coach..I have always thought what he ran in PHX was a gimmick..Zero defense..Then I saw it with my own eyes on a nightly basis...He doesn't coach, he has a system...

BYE WOODSON thanks for absolutely nothing

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy