[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Homosexual Propaganda Campaign
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/25/2014  3:15 PM
Nalod wrote:In the time of Dr King there were laws outlawing some same sex activity, let alone acceptance.

Same sex marriage in the 1960's in the time we as a country was dealing with the civil rights movement, segregated schools and outright discrimination was not a time in my opinion for Dr King to take that issue on when he had his own cause to further.

Why not? Isn't the idea of Russ and others that it's the exact same cause?

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/25/2014  4:06 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Nalod wrote:In the time of Dr King there were laws outlawing some same sex activity, let alone acceptance.

Same sex marriage in the 1960's in the time we as a country was dealing with the civil rights movement, segregated schools and outright discrimination was not a time in my opinion for Dr King to take that issue on when he had his own cause to further.

50 years ago bro........50 years ago.......

Society had a long way to go.

If you don't treat everyone equal, then your discriminating. Would Dr King today advocate for same sex marriage? I think he'd be hypocritical to NOT. But 50 years ago I think he had to maintain a credible face to appeal to the masses, not agitate the moral majority. 50 years a lot has changed. I'd like to think it a work in progress. Think 50 years ago they'd think a black man president AND same sex marriage legal? Marijuana legal in some places?

And nobody been to the moon in decades!!!

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

4/26/2014  10:12 AM
jrodmc wrote:

You don't build a nationwide movement from being stupid. A large swath of the Black community today are socially conservative Christians and it must've been worse in the 50's. Supporting gay rights would've fractured the movement and weakened its overall effect. It's the major reason why good soldier like Bayard Rustin got pushed into a corner despite being a brainchild for many of the movements strategies.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/28/2014  9:17 AM
So if I'm reading your history correctly, the whole civil rights movement was nothing but an exercise in out-moded social posturing/political correctness. I guess MLK should have substituted gay rights for his thoughts on communism. Not a very far-sighted leader apparently. Got it.

So it's logical to think equality is not just about race, it's always been about preferences. We were just not evolved enough 50 years ago to act on that. Got it.

Think 50 years ago they would have thought we'd have metal detectors in grammar schools? That even kids in a backwater Amish school aren't safe? That it would take 3 hours to get through lines to catch a flight to the Bahamas? Think 50 years ago they'd be wondering about 70 million aborted kids? Think 50 years ago they'd be wondering what it would be like to see the President's dick on TV? That middle schoolers would be doing each other on the schoolbus and sending pictures to the world about it? That folks would be flying planes into buildings, and that an entire plane loaded with a few hundred people could just disappear in an age where we can see a pack of cigarettes from space?

What's the work being done for? I guess progress is in the eyes of those beholding it.
Direction be everything, especially when there is none.

The Homosexual Propaganda Campaign

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy