[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeremy Lin is a big reason Houston is doing so well
Author Thread
rammagen
Posts: 20020
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/19/2014
Member: #5756

3/11/2014  12:51 PM
RonRon wrote:Fans like Jeremy Lin here because we played our best TEAM ball and it was exciting to watch
He was able to run a system, get players involved (affecting our OFF and DEF), initiate our offense, and get players in position to hit high % shots

Woodson should have found a way to work out the differences between Melo and Lin for the sake of the team, instead he chose to take Melo's side and have him initiate our offense but that isn't his game

Regardless of Lin's 3 year 24m deal, we were capped out anyway, it didn't make a difference on our ability to improve
Due to Amare, Melo, and Tyson making the entire cap themselves with a combined salary of over 60m
I don't care of his he was an alien and or green

Felton is a backup scoring guard and not a defender/facilitator
Neither is Pablo while he is able to facilitate and shoot 3pters, he cannot defend any PG's especially starters either
Lin by default would be our best starting PG, it is just that simple
While he is not a ALL STAR by any means, he is young and can still improve, and could be a piece to the puzzle


Ron Ron I call bs on this it is obvious that Lin fans refuse to see any reason. Lin is not worth 15 million dollars a yr not for the 6 or 7th player on the bench not for someone who has played less then one full season as a starter (25 games and gets injuries) then sits out the playoffs. In what world is that right? really. Sorry Houston obviously thinks lin is a back up as well and wanted to move him for salary cap reasons why tell me why? Because lin is great and all powerful?
Because he is not worth the money, I understand the he had a fantasist 20 games here but then got injured an sat out the playoffs.
what is this bs love affair for a guy that is not a starter on his current team? this is beyond reasonable and is borderline sick. If I was lin I would get a restraining order against all of the fan boys here
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Posts: 35383
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
3/11/2014  2:47 PM
rammagen wrote:
RonRon wrote:Fans like Jeremy Lin here because we played our best TEAM ball and it was exciting to watch
He was able to run a system, get players involved (affecting our OFF and DEF), initiate our offense, and get players in position to hit high % shots

Woodson should have found a way to work out the differences between Melo and Lin for the sake of the team, instead he chose to take Melo's side and have him initiate our offense but that isn't his game

Regardless of Lin's 3 year 24m deal, we were capped out anyway, it didn't make a difference on our ability to improve
Due to Amare, Melo, and Tyson making the entire cap themselves with a combined salary of over 60m
I don't care of his he was an alien and or green

Felton is a backup scoring guard and not a defender/facilitator
Neither is Pablo while he is able to facilitate and shoot 3pters, he cannot defend any PG's especially starters either
Lin by default would be our best starting PG, it is just that simple
While he is not a ALL STAR by any means, he is young and can still improve, and could be a piece to the puzzle


Ron Ron I call bs on this it is obvious that Lin fans refuse to see any reason. Lin is not worth 15 million dollars a yr not for the 6 or 7th player on the bench not for someone who has played less then one full season as a starter (25 games and gets injuries) then sits out the playoffs. In what world is that right? really. Sorry Houston obviously thinks lin is a back up as well and wanted to move him for salary cap reasons why tell me why? Because lin is great and all powerful?
Because he is not worth the money, I understand the he had a fantasist 20 games here but then got injured an sat out the playoffs.
what is this bs love affair for a guy that is not a starter on his current team? this is beyond reasonable and is borderline sick. If I was lin I would get a restraining order against all of the fan boys here


OK. Let me just chime in on this about Houston. Houston is not paying Lin $15M a year. His contract has an $8M+ cap hit per year. Lin was not their first choice. They wanted Dragic back but he went to PHX instead. Because of this, Morey needed to upgrade his PG spot and working the rules by positiong the Knicks to eat a poison pill contract which we did not match even though Woody said anything over a billion dollars.

Houston does not think Lin is a backup. Lin right does not fit with Harden. Beverley is the perfect fit for both Harden and Lin. He is a tenacious defensive player that is a spot up 3 pt shooter.

The injuries that you mentioned. Yeah, he is a little injury prone but have you seen his injuries? They are not your garden variety injuries. The injury he got during Linsanity was vicious. If you can come back from that injury in the amount given to him then more power to you. Here is the clip if you forgot or did not see it.

The injury he got last year from OKC that knocked him off the playoffs is another vicious one.

machomet25
Posts: 20018
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/15/2012
Member: #3923

3/11/2014  3:05 PM
If Stephen A Smith can admit he was wrong about Lin, I would hope Knick fans can as well. He is not a "scrub" in any sense of the word.
SupremeCommander
Posts: 31793
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

3/11/2014  3:11 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
rammagen wrote:
RonRon wrote:Fans like Jeremy Lin here because we played our best TEAM ball and it was exciting to watch
He was able to run a system, get players involved (affecting our OFF and DEF), initiate our offense, and get players in position to hit high % shots

Woodson should have found a way to work out the differences between Melo and Lin for the sake of the team, instead he chose to take Melo's side and have him initiate our offense but that isn't his game

Regardless of Lin's 3 year 24m deal, we were capped out anyway, it didn't make a difference on our ability to improve
Due to Amare, Melo, and Tyson making the entire cap themselves with a combined salary of over 60m
I don't care of his he was an alien and or green

Felton is a backup scoring guard and not a defender/facilitator
Neither is Pablo while he is able to facilitate and shoot 3pters, he cannot defend any PG's especially starters either
Lin by default would be our best starting PG, it is just that simple
While he is not a ALL STAR by any means, he is young and can still improve, and could be a piece to the puzzle


Ron Ron I call bs on this it is obvious that Lin fans refuse to see any reason. Lin is not worth 15 million dollars a yr not for the 6 or 7th player on the bench not for someone who has played less then one full season as a starter (25 games and gets injuries) then sits out the playoffs. In what world is that right? really. Sorry Houston obviously thinks lin is a back up as well and wanted to move him for salary cap reasons why tell me why? Because lin is great and all powerful?
Because he is not worth the money, I understand the he had a fantasist 20 games here but then got injured an sat out the playoffs.
what is this bs love affair for a guy that is not a starter on his current team? this is beyond reasonable and is borderline sick. If I was lin I would get a restraining order against all of the fan boys here


OK. Let me just chime in on this about Houston. Houston is not paying Lin $15M a year. His contract has an $8M+ cap hit per year. Lin was not their first choice. They wanted Dragic back but he went to PHX instead. Because of this, Morey needed to upgrade his PG spot and working the rules by positiong the Knicks to eat a poison pill contract which we did not match even though Woody said anything over a billion dollars.

Houston does not think Lin is a backup. Lin right does not fit with Harden. Beverley is the perfect fit for both Harden and Lin. He is a tenacious defensive player that is a spot up 3 pt shooter.

The injuries that you mentioned. Yeah, he is a little injury prone but have you seen his injuries? They are not your garden variety injuries. The injury he got during Linsanity was vicious. If you can come back from that injury in the amount given to him then more power to you. Here is the clip if you forgot or did not see it.

The injury he got last year from OKC that knocked him off the playoffs is another vicious one.

they will be paying Lin $15 million next year. His cap hit is an accounting trick. He made $5 mil this year. He will make $15 mil next. If Houston trades Lin, they still have to come up with $15 mil next year

fishmike said: Yes. Sometimes I confuse the alerts with when your mom calls. BTW she said defensive guards are really important.
NYKBocker
Posts: 35383
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
3/11/2014  3:59 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
rammagen wrote:
RonRon wrote:Fans like Jeremy Lin here because we played our best TEAM ball and it was exciting to watch
He was able to run a system, get players involved (affecting our OFF and DEF), initiate our offense, and get players in position to hit high % shots

Woodson should have found a way to work out the differences between Melo and Lin for the sake of the team, instead he chose to take Melo's side and have him initiate our offense but that isn't his game

Regardless of Lin's 3 year 24m deal, we were capped out anyway, it didn't make a difference on our ability to improve
Due to Amare, Melo, and Tyson making the entire cap themselves with a combined salary of over 60m
I don't care of his he was an alien and or green

Felton is a backup scoring guard and not a defender/facilitator
Neither is Pablo while he is able to facilitate and shoot 3pters, he cannot defend any PG's especially starters either
Lin by default would be our best starting PG, it is just that simple
While he is not a ALL STAR by any means, he is young and can still improve, and could be a piece to the puzzle


Ron Ron I call bs on this it is obvious that Lin fans refuse to see any reason. Lin is not worth 15 million dollars a yr not for the 6 or 7th player on the bench not for someone who has played less then one full season as a starter (25 games and gets injuries) then sits out the playoffs. In what world is that right? really. Sorry Houston obviously thinks lin is a back up as well and wanted to move him for salary cap reasons why tell me why? Because lin is great and all powerful?
Because he is not worth the money, I understand the he had a fantasist 20 games here but then got injured an sat out the playoffs.
what is this bs love affair for a guy that is not a starter on his current team? this is beyond reasonable and is borderline sick. If I was lin I would get a restraining order against all of the fan boys here


OK. Let me just chime in on this about Houston. Houston is not paying Lin $15M a year. His contract has an $8M+ cap hit per year. Lin was not their first choice. They wanted Dragic back but he went to PHX instead. Because of this, Morey needed to upgrade his PG spot and working the rules by positiong the Knicks to eat a poison pill contract which we did not match even though Woody said anything over a billion dollars.

Houston does not think Lin is a backup. Lin right does not fit with Harden. Beverley is the perfect fit for both Harden and Lin. He is a tenacious defensive player that is a spot up 3 pt shooter.

The injuries that you mentioned. Yeah, he is a little injury prone but have you seen his injuries? They are not your garden variety injuries. The injury he got during Linsanity was vicious. If you can come back from that injury in the amount given to him then more power to you. Here is the clip if you forgot or did not see it.

The injury he got last year from OKC that knocked him off the playoffs is another vicious one.

they will be paying Lin $15 million next year. His cap hit is an accounting trick. He made $5 mil this year. He will make $15 mil next. If Houston trades Lin, they still have to come up with $15 mil next year

True but the cap hit would still be $8M+ and not $15M. So for a team like the Knicks where fiscal responsibility is a pipe dream then it should be ok. Wait...never mind.

fishmike
Posts: 47712
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
3/11/2014  4:08 PM
I have watched this thread grow w/o even looking thinking "another Lin thread?????"

I once thought Lin/Shump would be a great future backcourt. Lin is the creative scorer and playmaker and Shump the defender.

Simple questions:
If Lin were here today would he be the best guard on the roster? YES
If Lin were starting instead of Felton or Prigs or both would we have gotten off to a better start? YES

Lin is injury prone because he throws his body around too much. He's got to learn to improve that. We missed a good player... bottom line. Is $15mm too much for one year? I will tell you this.. I would rather pay Lin $15mm next year than Tyson. Hows that?

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
knicks1248
Posts: 36295
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
3/11/2014  4:12 PM
Lins IQ is higher than anyone on this team
ES
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

3/11/2014  4:19 PM
fishmike wrote:I have watched this thread grow w/o even looking thinking "another Lin thread?????"

I once thought Lin/Shump would be a great future backcourt. Lin is the creative scorer and playmaker and Shump the defender.

Simple questions:
If Lin were here today would he be the best guard on the roster? YES
If Lin were starting instead of Felton or Prigs or both would we have gotten off to a better start? YES

Lin is injury prone because he throws his body around too much. He's got to learn to improve that. We missed a good player... bottom line. Is $15mm too much for one year? I will tell you this.. I would rather pay Lin $15mm next year than Tyson. Hows that?

Perfectly stated. However, you are probably asian.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

3/11/2014  4:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Lins IQ is higher than anyone on this team

But Felton's got a big ole fatty heart

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
Posts: 55267
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
3/11/2014  5:54 PM
First good game in a while and this thread is 5 pages already and still no threads about a knick getting player of the week.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
TeamBall
Posts: 24335
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/13/2012
Member: #4386

3/11/2014  6:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:First good game in a while and this thread is 5 pages already and still no threads about a knick getting player of the week.

I understand where you're coming from but I think we both know how that thread would end up
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

3/11/2014  6:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:First good game in a while and this thread is 5 pages already and still no threads about a knick getting player of the week.

Lin will always have a place in many of our hearts. We will root for him through his ups and downs and that has nothing to do with Melo.

I was in the game thread pretty much by myself yesterday, where were all these knick fans so ecstatic about our player of the week?

I guess it takes a real fan to root for a sh1tty team.

I like Lin and Melo does that make me a tranny?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
Posts: 55267
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
3/11/2014  6:12 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:First good game in a while and this thread is 5 pages already and still no threads about a knick getting player of the week.

Lin will always have a place in many of our hearts. We will root for him through his ups and downs and that has nothing to do with Melo.

I was in the game thread pretty much by myself yesterday, where were all these knick fans so ecstatic about our player of the week?

I guess it takes a real fan to root for a sh1tty team.

I like Lin and Melo does that make me a tranny?

It was a fun forty nine days and 25 games but a lot happened before and a lot has happened since for most people that root for the knicks. Really surprised at how much emotions are stirred when his name is mentioned for some. Again, a Knick won an award from the league yesterday and a guy that was here for a short time, left for money and had his first good game in awhile has a 5 page thread about it. Just don't get it.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
Papabear
Posts: 24166
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 3/31/2007
Member: #1414

3/11/2014  6:17 PM
machomet25 wrote:If Stephen A Smith can admit he was wrong about Lin, I would hope Knick fans can as well. He is not a "scrub" in any sense of the word.

Papabear Says

Screw Stephen A I could care less with his angry voice sales pitch which he makes people think he knows it all because he always sounds angry. Can't wait for Houston to eat that 15 million next season. Why are we still talking about a guy who starred in about 8 games. The Heat spanked him and some of you didn't bat an eye. Most of his success came from no one paying attention to him until game 6 or 7 they thought it was a fluke. And it was.(so did Mike D) He never lived up to that again.

Papabear
Papabear
Posts: 24166
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 3/31/2007
Member: #1414

3/11/2014  6:19 PM
fishmike wrote:I have watched this thread grow w/o even looking thinking "another Lin thread?????"

I once thought Lin/Shump would be a great future backcourt. Lin is the creative scorer and playmaker and Shump the defender.

Simple questions:
If Lin were here today would he be the best guard on the roster? YES
If Lin were starting instead of Felton or Prigs or both would we have gotten off to a better start? YES

Lin is injury prone because he throws his body around too much. He's got to learn to improve that. We missed a good player... bottom line. Is $15mm too much for one year? I will tell you this.. I would rather pay Lin $15mm next year than Tyson. Hows that?


Papabear Says

Ha Ha that's funny and when he is playing bad ball for 6 games you will be the first one to want to trade him.

Papabear
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

3/11/2014  6:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:First good game in a while and this thread is 5 pages already and still no threads about a knick getting player of the week.

Lin will always have a place in many of our hearts. We will root for him through his ups and downs and that has nothing to do with Melo.

I was in the game thread pretty much by myself yesterday, where were all these knick fans so ecstatic about our player of the week?

I guess it takes a real fan to root for a sh1tty team.

I like Lin and Melo does that make me a tranny?

It was a fun forty nine days and 25 games but a lot happened before and a lot has happened since for most people that root for the knicks. Really surprised at how much emotions are stirred when his name is mentioned for some. Again, a Knick won an award from the league yesterday and a guy that was here for a short time, left for money and had his first good game in awhile has a 5 page thread about it. Just don't get it.

well I do get it. We have a dumb fukking pg who nauseates the fan base while we let go of a pg who revitalized the fan base.

Now, any praise for him seems to be a dig at Melo since people blame him for the Lin fiasco.

Many people can looks passed the silly pride and realized how Lin could have helped this team. Probably would have done better here than in Houston. Yes ... cap hit (like we should care) ... didn't play in the playoffs (which really pissed me off but I get it) ... only asians like him ...

But just like every other asinine move we made and people will support it as gospel, people will support this one.

Nobody cares if Melo wins player of the week, month, year. If the team wins games we should celebrate. If they lose and our out of the playoffs, we should be pissed. We will/should be pissed.

Can the knicks use Lin now? Of course not, we have Ray Ray for much cheaper!

I really we could have found a way to get Dragic. Boy am I sad when I watch him play.

I sometimes wonder who on this site (and there are definitely some here) who are actual plants for the Mecca super owners.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
Posts: 55267
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
3/11/2014  6:32 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:First good game in a while and this thread is 5 pages already and still no threads about a knick getting player of the week.

Lin will always have a place in many of our hearts. We will root for him through his ups and downs and that has nothing to do with Melo.

I was in the game thread pretty much by myself yesterday, where were all these knick fans so ecstatic about our player of the week?

I guess it takes a real fan to root for a sh1tty team.

I like Lin and Melo does that make me a tranny?

It was a fun forty nine days and 25 games but a lot happened before and a lot has happened since for most people that root for the knicks. Really surprised at how much emotions are stirred when his name is mentioned for some. Again, a Knick won an award from the league yesterday and a guy that was here for a short time, left for money and had his first good game in awhile has a 5 page thread about it. Just don't get it.

well I do get it. We have a dumb fukking pg who nauseates the fan base while we let go of a pg who revitalized the fan base.

Now, any praise for him seems to be a dig at Melo since people blame him for the Lin fiasco.

Many people can looks passed the silly pride and realized how Lin could have helped this team. Probably would have done better here than in Houston. Yes ... cap hit (like we should care) ... didn't play in the playoffs (which really pissed me off but I get it) ... only asians like him ...

But just like every other asinine move we made and people will support it as gospel, people will support this one.

Nobody cares if Melo wins player of the week, month, year. If the team wins games we should celebrate. If they lose and our out of the playoffs, we should be pissed. We will/should be pissed.

Can the knicks use Lin now? Of course not, we have Ray Ray for much cheaper!

I really we could have found a way to get Dragic. Boy am I sad when I watch him play.

I sometimes wonder who on this site (and there are definitely some here) who are actual plants for the Mecca super owners.

Wow. And just what are the jobs of these plants?
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
mreinman
Posts: 37827
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/14/2010
Member: #3189

3/11/2014  6:38 PM
Crush, do you really not think that MSG has inside posters here?

If not, then what kind of covert operation is this? No plants? Spies? No spy organization is that incompetent.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
ToddTT
Posts: 21285
Alba Posts: 45
Joined: 8/30/2001
Member: #105
3/11/2014  6:44 PM
Just did a quick search...

http://www.online-therapy.com/

They have programs for anger, anxiety, depression, OCD, PTSD, relationship problems, and more.

Papabear
Posts: 24166
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 3/31/2007
Member: #1414

3/11/2014  6:51 PM
mreinman wrote:Crush, do you really not think that MSG has inside posters here?

If not, then what kind of covert operation is this? No plants? Spies? No spy organization is that incompetent.


Papabear Says

Ha Ha sooo you finally caught up with me. I better let Dolan know that my cover has been blown.
How did you know? I bet TKF had something to do with it. He blew my cover.

Papabear
Jeremy Lin is a big reason Houston is doing so well

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.