[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Clarence Weatherspoon Update
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/24/2001  2:13 PM
He is expected to miss 2-4 weeks which means closer to 4 weeks. As durable as he is this isn't good because our very small frontcourt just got a little smaller. Now we need Camby back more then ever. Hopefully he'll be back in uniform monday against Atlanta.
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
11/24/2001  2:53 PM
Camby should be a 100% fit before he plays one game this season. Personally I hope we get some help in the name of Menk Batere. A very good chinese center. Anyways, it isn't a very high scoring game against the Bulls but we look like winning the game. 53-61 in our favor with 9:30 to go.
Knixkik
USA
11/24/2001  3:29 PM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Camby should be a 100% fit before he plays one game this season. Personally I hope we get some help in the name of Menk Batere. A very good chinese center. Anyways, it isn't a very high scoring game against the Bulls but we look like winning the game. 53-61 in our favor with 9:30 to go.
You'll have to tell me a little more about this Menk Batere guy because i'm not familar with him. How big is he? Stengths? Weaknesses? Have you heard if the Knicks have inquired about him?
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
11/24/2001  3:53 PM
Menk Batere, 6'10" (real height bare feet and all) from Tibet.

He got signed to an unguaranteed contract with Denver this season but they waived him (after serious deliberation) as he had engagements with the Chinese Army, same as Wang Zhi Zhi from Dallas. If you've ever seen any games from the national Chinese teams there are three guys to watch. Yao Ming, Wang Zhi Zhi and last but not least Menk Batere. Ming and Zhi Zhi have more flair about their game and seem to want to be on the highlight reel or something. Menk Batere is an old fashioned center. He's very consistent with his numbers and a presence in the paint. He's not the star of the Chinese team but usually has good numbers and a double double. If we or any other team would sign him it would be for the league minimum which is 300,000 but he would sure work out. It's in his disadvantage that his english isn't good but I would really love it if we'd pick him up and wiave Larry Robinson so we still have a roster spot open for any possible future trades. Problem though is that he's unproven and highly unlikely JVG will play him much.
Caseloads
Member: #41
11/24/2001  6:32 PM

He got signed to an unguaranteed contract with Denver this season but they waived him (after serious deliberation) as he had engagements with the Chinese Army, same as Wang Zhi Zhi from Dallas. If you've ever seen any games from the national Chinese teams there are three guys to watch. Yao Ming, Wang Zhi Zhi and last but not least Menk Batere. Ming and Zhi Zhi have more flair about their game and seem to want to be on the highlight reel or something. Menk Batere is an old fashioned center. He's very consistent with his numbers and a presence in the paint. He's not the star of the Chinese team but usually has good numbers and a double double. If we or any other team would sign him it would be for the league minimum which is 300,000 but he would sure work out. It's in his disadvantage that his english isn't good but I would really love it if we'd pick him up and wiave Larry Robinson so we still have a roster spot open for any possible future trades. Problem though is that he's unproven and highly unlikely JVG will play him much.
Don't worry, we have Travis Knight.
Also, I have no clue why we don't go out and sign Old Police to our squad, I mean, he's a legit Center in this L, and in the East, would be key for us, that way we can at least have him as a backup when needed and cut Felton "5 fouls in 9 minutes 'for hire" Spencer and try to trade Travesty Knight.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
11/25/2001  10:14 AM
Man, I am in total agreement with that. We definitely need to get rid of Spencer cut him sign Polynice he is a true center that can if nothing else can hit a layup and play straight up defence without a foul every time what are we waiting on SCOTT ? Isnt he a former Jazz ? Another issue is Larry Robinson. Why is he here ? And is it possible to get Michael Wright back ? U think with Spoon down he might be able to get a few minutes because the kid is a sound ball player that can rebound. Cut Robinson clean up the mess u already made ,Scott, and get Wright back at least he is youngand has a future i cannot say the same about L Robinson.

ps. Whats the latest on our trade central GS, ATL,anybody
knicker for life
Knixkik
USA
11/25/2001  10:48 AM

Well if it was up to me i'd give him a shot, but unfortunately it's Layden's choice. I have heard the name before, but didn't know anything about him. But if he's better then Knight and Spencer he works for me.
knicksbabyyeah
Netherlands
11/25/2001  1:09 PM
Personally I think Menk in years will be better then any of the centers from GS but then again I haven't seen him play in the NBA.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/25/2001  2:51 PM
Have no fear, Travis is here.
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
11/25/2001  2:57 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

He may be, but don't hold your breath.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
11/25/2001  3:16 PM
Posted by Knixkik:
Posted by MCfan23:

Don't worry, I'm not...
We suck.
Caseloads
11/25/2001  4:55 PM
Posted by MCfan23:
Posted by Knixkik:
Posted by MCfan23:

Don't worry, I'm not...

I am holding my eyes!
john44
Member: #115
USA
11/26/2001  12:14 PM
yeah i think knight should get a few more minutes a game, spencer is a total disgrace and should never play again. i dont understand van gundy keeps playing spencer over knight.
Matt
Caseloads
11/26/2001  12:20 PM
Posted by john44:

yeah i think knight should get a few more minutes a game, spencer is a total disgrace and should never play again. i dont understand van gundy keeps playing spencer over knight.
Spencer is a disgrace. We HAVE to cut this guy and sign Olden Polynice. Polynice has to be an improvement. Or we could trade Ward to Memphis for Ike Austin, who is in the last year of his contract.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
11/26/2001  12:50 PM
Even though it makes for good conversation we sit to our computers day by day and try to be gm's. Some of us comes up with good scenarios and other well, u know. To me at this point it has become very frustrating to see our Knicks front office sit back and allow this farce to go on for so long. Felton Spencer cannot i repeat cannot play period, so why are we playing him. Are we really that desperate? I would have rather seen Travis getting those minutes because i honestly feel that he is a one hundred percent upgrade to Felton. Polynice honestly would be in our best interest because from what i know he was willing to sign for the minimum and we could still make other roster moves with him. He is a proven role player that is what we need players that arent afraid to get down in the trenches and do the dirty work.

Question

What is the status of Eddie Robinson? Salary and injury wise.

Will chicago part ways with him if the are offered the right deal?
knicker for life
Caseloads
11/26/2001  2:18 PM
Posted by prowler:

Even though it makes for good conversation we sit to our computers day by day and try to be gm's. Some of us comes up with good scenarios and other well, u know. To me at this point it has become very frustrating to see our Knicks front office sit back and allow this farce to go on for so long. Felton Spencer cannot i repeat cannot play period, so why are we playing him. Are we really that desperate? I would have rather seen Travis getting those minutes because i honestly feel that he is a one hundred percent upgrade to Felton. Polynice honestly would be in our best interest because from what i know he was willing to sign for the minimum and we could still make other roster moves with him. He is a proven role player that is what we need players that arent afraid to get down in the trenches and do the dirty work.

Question

Why haven't the lakers signed polynice to a minimum contract and cut Jelani McCoy?
Knixkik
USA
11/26/2001  3:32 PM
Question

You must remember we had Robinson two years ago on our training camp roster, but that was just another poor Layden move to waive him in order to make room for David Wingate. I really like him. He would add energy and spark off the bench for us, but it's too late now.
Knixkik
USA
11/26/2001  3:33 PM
Latest rumors...

Notes: The Boston Globe reports that the Knicks offered Othella Harrington, Charlie Ward, and Travis Knight for Vin Baker -- proof that timing is everything. A year ago, the SuperSonics would have taken virtually anything to get out from under the overweight Baker's five-year, $68 million contract; now they believe the four-time All-Star, just coming off the injured list with a bruised knee, is back in form after averaging 18 points and eight rebounds in the first seven games. ... Felton Spencer (bruised shoulder) did not practice yesterday. The Knicks are likely to find a spare big body -- perhaps the unemployed Dickie Simpkins -- in time for Wednesday's game in Atlanta.
Knixkik
USA
11/26/2001  3:57 PM
Check out ESPN's Dr. Jack's Prescription on the Knicks.

P.S. Andrew or Martin should add this to the Featured Articles section.

Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/jackprescription/index.html
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/26/2001  4:17 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Check out ESPN's Dr. Jack's Prescription on the Knicks.

P.S. Andrew or Martin should add this to the Featured Articles section.

Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/jackprescription/index.html

Knixkik, thanks.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Clarence Weatherspoon Update

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy