[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yanks about to sign Ellsbury
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/7/2013  6:44 PM
nyk4ever wrote:id like to see nunez/johnson at 2b (assuming Arod is playing) myself. johnson is lefty and could legitimately hit 25+ hr out of the 8 spot for the yankees. i know alot of people like david adams, but man, the kid just never could do anything when given the opportunity, he just never hit. i know he only had 140ab's but when you come up and play for the yankees ya gotta make the most of your opportunities.

i'm not much for japanese pitchers (we've been burned so many times) but i'm still hoping we can somehow win the posting fee for tanaka and bring him in. i'm weary of bringing him here, but with the way scouts talk about him, it sounds like he's got 100X more talent than any other japanese pitcher we've brought over straight from japan. we shall see...

I'd like to see Nunez never be in the infield again. I think Johnson can have a strong season like you said.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/7/2013  6:47 PM
I think you are going to see Nunez at 3rd unless we add another 3rd baseman. Gonna have to live with the bonehead plays but they will be alright
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

12/7/2013  7:00 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I think you are going to see Nunez at 3rd unless we add another 3rd baseman. Gonna have to live with the bonehead plays but they will be alright

Weird thing with Nuny last year -- he actually was a lot better with the glove than he has been in the past. Usually it's been the opposite -- all hit, no glove..Maybe he just calmed down knowing he was going to be getting a lot of steady time with Jeter, A-Rod & Youkilis all missing extended time. Maybe this season he finally puts it all together.

Bonn1997
USA
12/7/2013  9:48 PM
Finestrg wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I think you are going to see Nunez at 3rd unless we add another 3rd baseman. Gonna have to live with the bonehead plays but they will be alright

Weird thing with Nuny last year -- he actually was a lot better with the glove than he has been in the past. Usually it's been the opposite -- all hit, no glove..Maybe he just calmed down knowing he was going to be getting a lot of steady time with Jeter, A-Rod & Youkilis all missing extended time. Maybe this season he finally puts it all together.

His errors were OK but his range was really bad and his overall defensive stats were well below the numbers for a replacement level player. (Replacement level means league min player)
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

12/8/2013  11:20 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:

His errors were OK but his range was really bad and his overall defensive stats were well below the numbers for a replacement level player. (Replacement level means league min player)

Not sure of his exact defensive statistics but just going on watching him for most of the year, it appeared that he did a better job in the field last year than years past.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/8/2013  12:31 PM
Finestrg wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:

Not sure of his exact defensive statistics but just going on watching him for most of the year, it appeared that he did a better job in the field last year than years past.

i absolutely agree with you.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Bonn1997
USA
12/8/2013  1:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2013  1:37 PM
Finestrg wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Finestrg wrote:

Yeah, his defense was bad, but it was less bad

Bonn1997
USA
12/8/2013  5:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2013  5:48 PM
Kuroda is officially back on a 1 year, $16 mil contract. That's a lot to give him. I'm glad we have another starter but man that takes up a lot of the remaining room for salary before the luxury tax kicks in. Maybe if they monitor his innings, he will hold up better. He'll be 39 next year. They have to find a way to keep in strong for the whole season.
Bonn1997
USA
12/8/2013  5:50 PM
More info. on the payroll. I think that either they're very confident A-Rod's suspension will be upheld or they no longer care about the luxury tax.
When Beltran's deal is finalized, the Yankees will have committed about $172 million to 13 players for their 2014 luxury-tax payroll.

That would leave them with approximately $5 million to spend if they intend to stay under the $189 million threshold, which includes all players on the 40-man roster and $11 million to $12 million for benefits.

It appears unlikely New York would remain under the threshold unless Alex Rodriguez is suspended for most of the season, which would relieve the Yankees of much of his $25 million salary.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10097562/new-york-yankees-announce-deals-jacoby-ellsbury-hiroki-kuroda?ex_cid=espnapi_public
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/8/2013  11:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2013  11:42 PM
Are they going to be able to bring in Tanaka? The idea of staying under $189 is history now. It's only for this year but that luxury tax is brutal. I figured that even though they are the Yankees they would want to stay under just for this one season
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/9/2013  10:24 AM
I hate losing Robbie but I think the Yankees are a significantly better team and expect big things next year. Am I alone?
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/9/2013  11:03 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I hate losing Robbie but I think the Yankees are a significantly better team and expect big things next year. Am I alone?

Not at all. We sign some decent pitching and it's off to the races (or waiting for Ellsbury to go on the IR.)

Funniest thing I heard (in a bitter sort of way) on the radio was someone listing the lineup Robbie's hitting in next year. Hope he enjoys his money.

Yanks about to sign Ellsbury

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy