[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pelicans Pursuing Copeland
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/25/2013  10:35 AM
Losing Copeland is a little bit of a hit. He could play inside out from the 3 position and was easily a top 9 rotation player who should continue to improve.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
3G4G
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4333

6/25/2013  10:37 AM
Hence we're looking into inviting Purple Drink back with additional felonies....

All it takes is a Novakesque type offer and we know what our execs will do. If I'm the Pelicans I make the offer during SL.

I wonder if this means ALF is gettable?

3G4G

6/25/2013  10:39 AM
AnubisADL wrote:Shawne Williams 2.0

Peace Copeland. Let's see how good he looks on a losing team.

People need to realize the Knicks are an above average team. We can get replacement role players.

A constantly changing roster...the recipe for ultimate success

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/25/2013  10:52 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I knew he was done. What the Knicks have to do in the future is add multiple years to players contracts--they dont have to be guaranteed--but its bad business to sign a young player and not add atleast a second year to the contract.

common sense he would of taken a team option 2nd year
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
6/25/2013  10:54 AM
3G4G wrote:

People need to realize the Knicks are an above average team. We can get replacement role players.

Who cares about role players. They are interchangeable.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
6/25/2013  10:57 AM
3G4G wrote:Hence we're looking into inviting Purple Drink back with additional felonies....

All it takes is a Novakesque type offer and we know what our execs will do. If I'm the Pelicans I make the offer during SL.

I wonder if this means ALF is gettable?

Shawne is a definitely upgrade over Novak because he can defend but, I haven't given up on Novak yet. I think some of his struggles are as much on the coach as it was a case of slumping.

The ideal would be to be able to get and keep all 3, Shawne, Steve and Cope.

To be honest, I'm more concerned about the point and 2guard spots than I am about the 3.

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
6/25/2013  11:00 AM
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:

that is when your foundation is set and strong.. that is not us..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
6/25/2013  11:00 AM
3G4G wrote:

not sure what can be done in this case, but this is what happens when you build a team this way..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Jmpasq

6/25/2013  11:05 AM
If we can get rid of Novaks contract i would be more open to keeping him.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
holfresh
Member: #1081

6/25/2013  11:07 AM
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Don't u know role players become our coveted budding stars when they leave, even at age 29...

3G4G

6/25/2013  11:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2013  11:14 AM
holfresh wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Don't u know role players become our coveted budding stars when they leave, even at age 29...

Yeah and when we sign them at 28 they were already great(great signing Grunny you got it Dunny)....I remember fans saying initially his game reminded them some of Melo to a small degree.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
6/25/2013  11:39 AM
I think the wheels are going to come off this season thanks to the new CBA. I hate to be a debbie downer, but I think last year was the peak for this "Big-3's" time here.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/25/2013  11:47 AM
Panos wrote:I think the wheels are going to come off this season thanks to the new CBA. I hate to be a debbie downer, but I think last year was the peak for this "Big-3's" time here.
You might be right. I think last years team over achieved. Hopefully some guys will be ufa with talent that only can get the vet mini. That is probably the talent pool the Knicks are picking from. Getting guys like Cope and Prigs were huge coups last year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/25/2013  11:51 AM
Shawne is no lock either, he's schedule to work out for a few more teams, including the Lakers where he thrived under MDA.

I thought melo would attract more FA, but his ball hogging ways and Woodsons limited playbook doesn't exactly make this an attractive destination. Shooters don't get screens, too much ISO, and suspect defense, and you can't throw $$$ you don't have.

Not to mention that under the NEW CBA teams have to use 90% of the cap, which means they will throw $$ at players who are not even that good.

ES
Jmpasq

6/25/2013  11:53 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Panos wrote:I think the wheels are going to come off this season thanks to the new CBA. I hate to be a debbie downer, but I think last year was the peak for this "Big-3's" time here.
You might be right. I think last years team over achieved. Hopefully some guys will be ufa with talent that only can get the vet mini. That is probably the talent pool the Knicks are picking from. Getting guys like Cope and Prigs were huge coups last year.

They wont win as many games and wont be the #2 seed so yeah they will be worse.Might still win the Atlantic though

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/25/2013  11:55 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Shawne is no lock either, he's schedule to work out for a few more teams, including the Lakers where he thrived under MDA.

I thought melo would attract more FA, but his ball hogging ways and Woodsons limited playbook doesn't exactly make this an attractive destination. Shooters don't get screens, too much ISO, and suspect defense, and you can't throw $$$ you don't have.

Not to mention that under the NEW CBA teams have to use 90% of the cap, which means they will throw $$ at players who are not even that good.

it has nothing to do with attracting free agents. it's about not being able to pay them.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

6/25/2013  11:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2013  12:09 PM
Uptown wrote:Cope is as good as gone. Would love to keep him but we can only offer but so much while the Pelicans are under the cap. Plus, they can offer him more consistent playing time....

Not that big a deal if he walks -- and I really like him, don't get me wrong. I just feel there's much better players out there that we can get for that role (Melo's backup/a fully capable, offensive-minded forward with skill-size) for a lot cheaper (assuming Cope scores a deal in the 3-4 mil a year range). Shawne Williams returning is one possibility. Craig Brackins would be an even better one. Instant upgrade over Copeland in my book and we could probably grab that guy for the minimum. They're slightly different players but Brackins would essentially be like adding a young Al Harrington -- I think he's that good/versatile offensively. As good an offensive player as Copeland is, and he's surprisingly solid, Brackins is better and I don't even think it's close. Better defender/rebounder than Cope as well. I've been saying it -- look for deals, look for value. They're out there. Leave no stone unturned!

knicks1248
Member: #582
6/25/2013  12:07 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Shawne is no lock either, he's schedule to work out for a few more teams, including the Lakers where he thrived under MDA.

it has nothing to do with attracting free agents. it's about not being able to pay them.

That depends on the the player, if it's a veteran player he's more then likely looking to win, if it's a younger player he's looking for the $$

ES
tkf
6/25/2013  12:20 PM
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Yeah and when we sign them at 28 they were already great(great signing Grunny you got it Dunny)....I remember fans saying initially his game reminded them some of Melo to a small degree.

HAHA, for real.. "in Grunny and woody we trust".....

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/25/2013  12:30 PM
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
AnubisADL wrote:
3G4G wrote:

HAHA, for real.. "in Grunny and woody we trust".....

I guess as fans we have to trust them. Bringing in guys on rookie free agent mini deals that have to be rotation players and finding guys talented enough to do that was either luck or an extremely thorough approach to scouting the entire globe for players. O

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Pelicans Pursuing Copeland

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy