Game Thread: Beating a dead horse Knicks-Cavs 7PM Eastern
Author Thread
jrodmc
Posts: 27799
Alba Posts: 45
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
3/5/2013  8:30 AM
Nalod wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:On a side note, we're 4-1 during our previous 5 ball games.

.800%.

Small sample size


And 4-5 during the previous 9!

And 36-21 over the last 57!

Exactly.

Funny how he couldn't deal with the fact that we've gone 4-1 during our previous 5 and/or going for 5-1 during our previous 6 come Detroit. So, he responds with "4-5" as a way of diminishing our Knicks victory tonight.

36-21 overall is all that matters. 15 games above .500 57 games into the regular season.

Dating back to 1946-1947 (66 seasons prior to this one) only during 10 of our seasons has our franchise featured a stronger winning percentage of .632 or greater.

But yet, negativity is the only thanks this current Knicks team gets from a handful of posters. Truthfully pathetic.

its not negativity, they are making fun of you! Your a running joke. There will always be fans who don't agree with you and you not with them. Calling people names and constantly calling people out to elevate yourself instead of your point of view will continue a confrontational type existence. Take the lead if you can, if not, eventually you will be seen as a destructive force that erodes the quality. when that happens people leave.

When they leave, there are less eyeballs, and the mod's lose revenue they need to maintain this place.

I took a two day leave and returned to find it worse then when I left.

Argue the post, not the personality. If not, you'll find there will few left to discuss your view. Or, as you have before, you'll be asked to leave. Not my call BTW.

Bonn, did you try to kill NYKMentality's dog with a cheese-flavored spreadsheet again?

In other important news, let's try and get this winning game thread to 20 pages!
Serenity Now!

I sure hope martin and andrew are making enough for the server space for this running fiasco.
I'd have absolutely no reason to go to work if UK wasn't in existence.

And an interesting point of last night's game boys and girls, was that JR Swish shot 1 for 7 from behind the arc, but led the team in assists and grabbed 7 boards. Woody for father of the solar system!

Don't expect animals to stampede or tap dance as you approach.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Posts: 49722
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
3/5/2013  8:41 AM
Nalod wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:On a side note, we're 4-1 during our previous 5 ball games.

.800%.

Small sample size


And 4-5 during the previous 9!

And 36-21 over the last 57!

Exactly.

Funny how he couldn't deal with the fact that we've gone 4-1 during our previous 5 and/or going for 5-1 during our previous 6 come Detroit. So, he responds with "4-5" as a way of diminishing our Knicks victory tonight.

36-21 overall is all that matters. 15 games above .500 57 games into the regular season.

Dating back to 1946-1947 (66 seasons prior to this one) only during 10 of our seasons has our franchise featured a stronger winning percentage of .632 or greater.

But yet, negativity is the only thanks this current Knicks team gets from a handful of posters. Truthfully pathetic.

its not negativity, they are making fun of you! Your a running joke. There will always be fans who don't agree with you and you not with them. Calling people names and constantly calling people out to elevate yourself instead of your point of view will continue a confrontational type existence. Take the lead if you can, if not, eventually you will be seen as a destructive force that erodes the quality. when that happens people leave.

When they leave, there are less eyeballs, and the mod's lose revenue they need to maintain this place.

I took a two day leave and returned to find it worse then when I left.

Argue the post, not the personality. If not, you'll find there will few left to discuss your view. Or, as you have before, you'll be asked to leave. Not my call BTW.

Hes been warned multiple times already but he just doesnt seem to get it

JamesLin
Posts: 20600
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/17/2012
Member: #3944
USA
3/5/2013  9:16 AM
It's okay to be passionate about our team, but you cannot get personal about it and pointing fingers at other fans. There are lots of people on this forum I don't agree with and I know for damn sure others don't agree with me either. We have no power to change whatever our Knicks are (except not spending money on Knicks items and hopefully Jimmy Dol will get the idea and sell the team, yes, I'm reiterating this because this is the absolutely only thing we can do positively to change anything about the Knicks), and so even if you sleep with another fans wife/husband, and one of you gets shot in the head all because you two started arguing about our knicks and ideas, the Knicks will move on WITHOUT you as if you never existed. So make your argument and respect others, no matter how ridiculous they sound to you. Arguments are made for the truth to come out, or at least, better ideas and thoughts.

Also, be kind to those that can't post everyday due to jobs, duties, etc, etc (yeah, like me...)

Get busy living or get busy dying. ---- Andy Dufresne
Swishfm3
Posts: 22017
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/28/2003
Member: #392
3/5/2013  11:03 AM
I think members need to stop adding their two cents on how this site should be ran or who should be "banned" and let the owners of this site make the decisions.

An ignore button was added for stuff like this...if you guys dont like NYKMentality, TkF or whoever, use it and stfu. bunch of whiney b*tche$

gunsnewing
Posts: 49722
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
3/5/2013  11:49 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:I think members need to stop adding their two cents on how this site should be ran or who should be "banned" and let the owners of this site make the decisions.

An ignore button was added for stuff like this...if you guys dont like NYKMentality, TkF or whoever, use it and stfu. bunch of whiney b*tche$

I agree. Which is why I hate posts complaining about both negativity and positivity. Too be fair no one called for a which hunt of NYKMENTAL. Its been going on for months. Yesterday was so bad many posters reached their boiling point. He was going after everyone including me calling us tools. Its nothing new with him. I learned to ignire him without even using the feature so it doesnt bother me except when he specifically attacks me which happened again last night only because i was pessismistic about the Melo injury at first

gunsnewing
Posts: 49722
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
3/5/2013  11:52 AM
JamesLin wrote:It's okay to be passionate about our team, but you cannot get personal about it and pointing fingers at other fans. There are lots of people on this forum I don't agree with and I know for damn sure others don't agree with me either. We have no power to change whatever our Knicks are (except not spending money on Knicks items and hopefully Jimmy Dol will get the idea and sell the team, yes, I'm reiterating this because this is the absolutely only thing we can do positively to change anything about the Knicks), and so even if you sleep with another fans wife/husband, and one of you gets shot in the head all because you two started arguing about our knicks and ideas, the Knicks will move on WITHOUT you as if you never existed. So make your argument and respect others, no matter how ridiculous they sound to you. Arguments are made for the truth to come out, or at least, better ideas and thoughts.

Also, be kind to those that can't post everyday due to jobs, duties, etc, etc (yeah, like me...)

Well said

ramtour420
Posts: 23219
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 3/19/2007
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/6/2013  3:30 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:I think members need to stop adding their two cents on how this site should be ran or who should be "banned" and let the owners of this site make the decisions.

An ignore button was added for stuff like this...if you guys dont like NYKMentality, TkF or whoever, use it and stfu. bunch of whiney b*tche$


You tell em
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one." -J.Lennon
Game Thread: Beating a dead horse Knicks-Cavs 7PM Eastern

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.