[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Beating a dead horse Knicks-Cavs 7PM Eastern
Author Thread
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
3/3/2013  3:51 PM
I love watching Kyrie Irving but I hope he chooses to protect his long term health and rest that knee.

Back to back for our beloved Knicks. A good, veteran team should hopefully bounce back and handle their biz-nass

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
AUTOADVERT
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

3/3/2013  3:52 PM
Can you at least give any effort when creating a gameday thread?

It's tomorrow for those of you who don't know.

IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

3/3/2013  3:54 PM
let heat slip away through the fingers, need this win to restore faith

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
3/3/2013  4:14 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Can you at least give any effort when creating a gameday thread?

You are insufferable.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/4/2013  9:24 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:let heat slip away through the fingers, need this win to restore faith

Is that a pic of Peckovic before the change?

MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
3/4/2013  3:02 PM
This is a must win. Bring the same effort as last night and we should be fine. Cleveland almost beat Miami a week or so ago. And it looks like Kyrie is playing.
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/4/2013  3:41 PM
Must win to restore order to these boards! What a surprise that Kyrie is magically healed for this game...
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/4/2013  3:45 PM
Kyrie gone drop fitty on Ray Ray
smackeddog
3/4/2013  4:07 PM
Guess James 'Sh**e' White will start again, hot off his Miami Heat stinker. Why does any player we play at SG turn into a bum?! Aside from Crawford it seems like we're cursed, even Houston went down with his Knee problems.
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
3/4/2013  4:10 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Can you at least give any effort when creating a gameday thread?

I'm sorry. Do you forgive me?

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
NYKMentality

3/4/2013  4:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2013  4:30 PM
The Miami Heat are now on a 14 game win streak, have beat the likes of Houston, LAC, LAL, POR, OKC, ATL, CHI, MEM and now NY. They are playing amazing team basketball as of late, but just the fact that our Knicks were A.) Up by like 16 and B.) Competed against Miami until the closing moments is something to build off as a team moving forward. Starting with Cleveland tonight. We held our own, went on our own runs, and just so happened to lose the game by 6 points.

This doesn't change the fact that we've competed against Miami during 3/3 games with a 2-1 record. +34 in point differential. How many teams can say this in regards to facing off against Miami? I know it's now Denver who's 0-2 against Miami and I also know it's not Houston who's 0-2 against Miami. And I also know it's not Denver who's 0-2 against Miami. It for damn sure isn't Brooklyn. OKC's also 0-2 against Miami.

Spin that every which way you'd like.

As Shumpert continues to improve along with Stoudemire continuing to return from injury, there is no question about it; our New York Knicks of 2012-2013 can compete against Miami during a 7 game series. Especially if we're able to implement both Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby into our rotation as our backup PF and Center.

If Novak drains one of those three point misses? The whole complexion of the game could've changed. Big deal, we lost a battle yesterday. After yesterdays loss? We (as a fan base here on UK) had to deal with a classic example of a few fans overreacting over a regular season loss. But yet those same fans, correct us each and every chance they get when talking up our Knicks after wins. Well, tonight we have a chance to go 4-1 during our previous 5 games.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/4/2013  5:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:Must win to restore order to these boards! What a surprise that Kyrie is magically healed for this game...

This happens so often...guy is out for days, weeks then they see the knicks on the schedule and all of sudden there good enough to play..I hope felon is looking at the tape of the last time we played them..

And why cant felton have damn career night against an elie pg..I would be sick and tired of pg's lighting me up having career nights..fckk that

ward and childs never allowed pg's to light them up with regularity other then Tim Hardaway..

ES
smackeddog
3/4/2013  5:24 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Must win to restore order to these boards! What a surprise that Kyrie is magically healed for this game...

This happens so often...guy is out for days, weeks then they see the knicks on the schedule and all of sudden there good enough to play..I hope felon is looking at the tape of the last time we played them..

And why cant felton have damn career night against an elie pg..I would be sick and tired of pg's lighting me up having career nights..fckk that

ward and childs never allowed pg's to light them up with regularity other then Tim Hardaway..

I used to hate Tim Hardaway- he always played better against us and lit us up. Little did I know that 15 years later every player in the league would be doing the same thing!

playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

3/4/2013  5:24 PM
NYKMentality wrote:The Miami Heat are now on a 14 game win streak, have beat the likes of Houston, LAC, LAL, POR, OKC, ATL, CHI, MEM and now NY. They are playing amazing team basketball as of late, but just the fact that our Knicks were A.) Up by like 16 and B.) Competed against Miami until the closing moments is something to build off as a team moving forward. Starting with Cleveland tonight. We held our own, went on our own runs, and just so happened to lose the game by 6 points.

As Shumpert continues to improve along with Stoudemire continuing to return from injury, there is no question about it; our New York Knicks of 2012-2013 can compete against Miami during a 7 game series. Especially if we're able to implement both Kenyon Martin and Marcus Camby into our rotation as our backup PF and Center.

The knicks were built for the playoffs not reg season, too many vets.

Knicks have less pressure playing these types of games on the road.

But we can't beat the refs and their momentum calls in big games.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

3/4/2013  5:58 PM
playa2 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:The Miami Heat are now on a 14 game win streak, have beat the likes of Houston, LAC, LAL, POR, OKC, ATL, CHI, MEM and now NY. They are playing amazing team basketball as of late, but just the fact that our Knicks were A.) Up by like 16 and B.) Competed against Miami until the closing moments is something to build off as a team moving forward. Starting with Cleveland tonight. We held our own, went on our own runs, and just so happened to lose the game by 6 points.

To be built for the playoffs, you need playoff tested guards. Who are these guards that are built for the playoffs?

NYKMentality

3/4/2013  6:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2013  6:02 PM
playa2 wrote:

I agree.

After our 7th/8th game Jason Kidd had a live interview (following a win) where he specifically stated how our Knicks of 2012-2013 is approaching our regular season as a dress rehearsal. A dress rehearsal for the postseason. Actually stating how it's a very long road to the postseason through words.

If we can A.) Have Camby ready to contribute for postseason play and B.) Implement Kenyon Martin into our rotation heading into the postseason? Watch out, because we'll feature not only veteran experience, but also a boat load of playoff experience.

Raymond Felton.
Jason Kidd.
Pablo Prigioni.
J.R Smith.
Carmelo Anthony.
Amar'e Stoudemire.
Kurt Thomas.
Kenyon Martin.
Marcus Camby.
Tyson Chandler.

Even Steve Novak's becoming a veteran shooter off the bench (understands his role).

Of course we need Felton, J.R, Novak, Melo and Chandler to re-main healthy during our next 25 games heading into the postseason, but our goal heading into the postseason should be...

A.) Continue to progress both Shumpert/Stoudemire heading into the playoffs.

B.) Make sure veterans such as Jason Kidd, Pablo Prigioni and Kurt Thomas have enough inside the tank in order to compete like veteran warriors come postseason play.

And

C.) Implement both Kenyon Martin (PF) and Marcus Camby (Center) into our rotation moving forward.

The good news? We have a full 25 games, practices along with 45 days in order to do all of the above (A-C).

Truthfully, it's the fans who have no knowledge/understanding of the 'big picture' who then harp all over and/or overact after regular season loses.

NYKMentality

3/4/2013  6:26 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
playa2 wrote:

To be built for the playoffs, you need playoff tested guards. Who are these guards that are built for the playoffs?

We may not have D.Wade (but then again, who does). But we do have Raymond Felton, Iman Shumpert, J.R Smith, Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni. 5 guards in which can all compete come postseason play. Ain't no Landy Fields over here.

Shumpert: 1 postseason game (injury).
Felton: 9 postseason games.
J.R Smith: 40 postseason games.
Jason Kidd: 146 postseason games.
Pablo Prigioni: A boat load of basketball experience.

How many guards has been battled tested during the postseason for Houston?

Jeremy Lin: 0 postseason games.
Patrick Beverley: 0 postseason games.
James Anderson: 3 postseason games.
Francisco Garcia: 6 postseason games.
James Harden: 43 postseason games (only 3 more than J.R Smith).

Some postseason experience there and/or playoff "battle tested:

How much postseason experience for Denver's guards?

Evan Fournier: 0 postseason games.
Julyan Stone: 2 postseason games. Only 2.5 mins per.
Corey Brewer: 13 postseason games. Only 10.7 mins per.
Ty Lawson: 18 postseason games.
Andre Iguodala: 35 postseason games.
Andre Miller: 46 postseason games.

Stop acting as if our guards lack postseason experience overall, or better yet, stop posting as a hypocrite while sounding like a talking tool while telling us all how our Knicks have "no chance".

Last but not least, battle tested BIG's down low are just as important come postseason play. And we have veterans that are not only battle tested, but also have a boat load of postseason experience down low in Kurt Thomas, Kenyon Martin, Marcus Camby, Carmelo Anthony, Amar'e Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler.

Spin that before ever telling our fan base our Knicks aren't battle tested enough for postseason play. Our Guards outside of Iman Shumpert are all veterans players.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/4/2013  6:39 PM
Just got home. Let me guess James "Flight" White starting again?
NYKMentality

3/4/2013  7:12 PM
Lets go Knicks. Time to rebound/respond against Cleveland on the road. A win tonight would then gives us a record of 4-1 during our previous 5 games (.800%).

Chance to gain 1/2 a game on Indy for the two seed.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

3/4/2013  7:13 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Just got home. Let me guess James "Flight" White starting again?

In all of his scrub glory
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Game Thread: Beating a dead horse Knicks-Cavs 7PM Eastern

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy