[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (32-16) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (35-17). Sunday (02/10/2013), 1:00 P.M.
Author Thread
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

2/11/2013  12:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2013  12:33 AM
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
dk7th wrote:there are some deep issues with this team when your superstar scores 42 points with 70%TS... and we get beat by 14 points... at home.

it's an interesting psychological strategy: just let melo do all the scoring he wants and don't double him and watch the offense flounder. melo had 1 assist so he took the bait... and we all saw 11 assists as a team. i can't wait to see the usage rate compared to his assist rate for this game-- i bet it's close to 4:1.

not only that there was both overdribbling and lazy passing to the tune of 16 turnovers... all attributable to allowing melo to get off on scoring. why? because when you are watching one guy you lose focus and forget to move the ball.

don't get me started on the defense. what happened after the first 10 games?

wow....you obviously did NOT watch this game. This is the problem I have with you and 3G. Ya didnt watch the game but then come in talking about why they lost.

of course i watched the game. i just see the game differently and have a different understanding of cause and effect than you and others do. ever hear of the game being 90% mental?

My bad then...your post led me to believe that you didnt see the game. I still dont agree with your assessment of the game though.

I thought Melo kept the Knicks in the match..especially in the third..and I thought he did a great job guarding both B.Griffin and L.Odom.
Knicks lost because Clippers bench outplayed the Knicks bench...and Woodson had no business going with a small lineup in this game.

i think you and other posters think wrongly about this phenomenon of melo keeping the knicks in games. everyone has been hearing for years from van gundy and jackson that it's one thing to get yours but quite another to get yours and get others theirs as well. van gundy makes a distinction between playing WITH others and playing FOR others. anyway, melo just can't do that and the result is him scoring in bunches... while the knicks lose. all it took was a 40-year-old dude with bad ankles to throw him off and kablooey. it's similar to "it's not THAT you win but HOW you win."

here's the thing with melo: he never really puts the hammer down defensively after he scores. you never see him trying to rally the team to say "now lets get a stop." it's cliche but he doesn't come across as being serious about winning by playing defense.

Papabear Says

There you go again with the same old story. The difference is we all know who and what you are about so we see you as a Melo hater and you just can't help yourself. Just about everyone on the forum is pissed off about the loss including myself. But we all know what you are about so we just don't take what you say being serious. Face it you hate Melo and this Knicks team. We are different, we hate the way they are playing and want something done about it and it's not personal. You have a personal thing agains Melo and Felton.

Papabear
AUTOADVERT
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/11/2013  4:20 AM
nixluva wrote:It's not like the Knicks CAN'T defend better. We've seen them do it. They just have to dig down deep and put in the effort and focus on D. If they decide to do that they will be a legit contender for the title. It's that simple

True, but what will make them play better defense? They were misserable against sorry teams with bad defensive plans. They were supposedbto turn it on againstbgood teams because some thought their problem was motivational, yet they were as lousy against the cluppers? We have to wait until the playoffs and then be dissapointed because a first round wasn't enough motivation?

This team is slacking so terribly its really making me sick. Last teams were terrible and hope was minimal. This team is a powerhouse in potential, yet they only seem to know how to talk to raise fans' expectatipns while being nothing more than pretenders.

Start playing defense to your potential and then we can talk possible title again.

Knicks_Fan
DJMUSIC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1283

2/11/2013  4:35 AM
Knicks are a SOFT marshmellow team right now

which alot of teams can beat if they play them on perimeter

I dont like it, team showing little guts and you get physical with Knicks they diminish & shrink like bubble wrap

*sickening

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
2/11/2013  9:32 AM
TeamBall wrote:I think its time someone called Woodson out.

He has always had teams play well early in the season and then they falter.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/11/2013  9:33 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Nalod wrote:Bropez has more blocks than Tyson.

I thought that was a bit strange.

Nate Robinson and JJ Barea have more blocks than Tyson

Hey this looks like fun, can I play?

Melo's scored only 3 less points that JJ and Gerald Wallace. Combined.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/11/2013  12:17 PM
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
dk7th wrote:there are some deep issues with this team when your superstar scores 42 points with 70%TS... and we get beat by 14 points... at home.

it's an interesting psychological strategy: just let melo do all the scoring he wants and don't double him and watch the offense flounder. melo had 1 assist so he took the bait... and we all saw 11 assists as a team. i can't wait to see the usage rate compared to his assist rate for this game-- i bet it's close to 4:1.

not only that there was both overdribbling and lazy passing to the tune of 16 turnovers... all attributable to allowing melo to get off on scoring. why? because when you are watching one guy you lose focus and forget to move the ball.

wow....you obviously did NOT watch this game. This is the problem I have with you and 3G. Ya didnt watch the game but then come in talking about why they lost.

of course i watched the game. i just see the game differently and have a different understanding of cause and effect than you and others do. ever hear of the game being 90% mental?

My bad then...your post led me to believe that you didnt see the game. I still dont agree with your assessment of the game though.

I thought Melo kept the Knicks in the match..especially in the third..and I thought he did a great job guarding both B.Griffin and L.Odom.
Knicks lost because Clippers bench outplayed the Knicks bench...and Woodson had no business going with a small lineup in this game.

i think you and other posters think wrongly about this phenomenon of melo keeping the knicks in games. everyone has been hearing for years from van gundy and jackson that it's one thing to get yours but quite another to get yours and get others theirs as well. van gundy makes a distinction between playing WITH others and playing FOR others. anyway, melo just can't do that and the result is him scoring in bunches... while the knicks lose. all it took was a 40-year-old dude with bad ankles to throw him off and kablooey. it's similar to "it's not THAT you win but HOW you win."

here's the thing with melo: he never really puts the hammer down defensively after he scores. you never see him trying to rally the team to say "now lets get a stop." it's cliche but he doesn't come across as being serious about winning by playing defense.

I take it back...I don't believe you watched yesterdays match.

NUPE
Member: #4205

2/11/2013  1:38 PM
I saw the game and did not like a few things.

1. Defense was inconsistent;
2. Melo played well, extremely well, but I'd like to see him get more assists for the sole purpose of keeping his teammates engaged and active in the game;
3. Amar'e needs more consistent touches on the low block;
4. Perhaps Kidd should not be starting any longer (move Shump to the two and Copeland to the three or move Amar'e to PF and Melo to the three with Shump at the 2).

NUPE
Member: #4205

2/11/2013  1:41 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
TeamBall wrote:I think its time someone called Woodson out.

He has always had teams play well early in the season and then they falter.

I don't know if falter would be the best description. But, they may need to adjust the starting lineup slightly.

jrodmc
USA
2/11/2013  1:50 PM
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

And look, Melo makes $8,972,056 less than those two. Combined.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/11/2013  2:31 PM
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

The Bait Trap was not meant for you.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
2/11/2013  2:58 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

I take it back...I don't believe you watched yesterdays match.

did melo get guarded by one defender most of the game? and did he take what the defense gave him... while racking up a total of one assist? his usg/ast ratio was 6.1:1. do you realize how bad that is for an offense?

did the offense flounder?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/11/2013  2:59 PM
Tough loss. Hate to see a performance like that from Melo not stand up. Supporting cast has been looking very meek and weak of late. Had high expectations for Amare yesterday but he never was able to put his stamp on the game. I would have liked to see tougher play out of the gate, but Clippers are that good.

Sucks because Clips are an elite team so this was a measuring stick game for us, and we didn't measur up

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
USA
2/11/2013  3:00 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

The Bait Trap was not meant for you.

Yeah, well I'm stuck in it now.

Look, the Knicks shoot FT better than the Nets. I think that's strange, don't you?

dk7th
USA
2/11/2013  3:01 PM

actually i was way way off. my bad.

his ratio for this game was 6.1:1

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

2/11/2013  8:07 PM
dk7th wrote:

Papabear Says

dk7th you better get use to Melo being here. Why give the rock to a bunch brick throwers? Melo had no choice.

Papabear
dk7th
USA
2/11/2013  9:06 PM
Papabear wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Papabear Says

dk7th you better get use to Melo being here. Why give the rock to a bunch brick throwers? Melo had no choice.

and if this team doesn't play the game the right way you can expect weeping and gnashing of teeth...

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/11/2013  10:51 PM
dk7th wrote:
Papabear wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Papabear Says

and if this team doesn't play the game the right way you can expect weeping and gnashing of teeth...

There has been some weeping and gnashing of teeth this year when this team has won around here. It appears it will continue for awhile.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/11/2013  10:53 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Who exactly are we getting for trash like novak, brewer, copeland & white?

Other teams' trash? Honestly, it's a pipe dream that we can get anything of value for guys sitting at the end of our bench.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/11/2013  10:56 PM
VCoug wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Who exactly are we getting for trash like novak, brewer, copeland & white?

Other teams' trash? Honestly, it's a pipe dream that we can get anything of value for guys sitting at the end of our bench.

Prior to Cope's recent run of not playing he might have had some value. Not sure if Brewer has any as in the past he did. If the Knicks move someone I think they have to include a mid range deal like Camby's or Kidd's.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
USA
2/12/2013  8:13 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Papabear wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Papabear Says

There has been some weeping and gnashing of teeth this year when this team has won around here. It appears it will continue for awhile.

weeping and gnashing of teeth is related to realizing too late what others knew all along... i am trying to spare you the experience: as magic johnson sais after the game, the knicks had better get back to playing defense because their offense is not good enough.

my wish is that melo be cleverer, ie just because the defense gives you the go-ahead to score does not mean you should take the bait. what he should be doing is playing a complete game and try a lot harder to keep others involved.

i know where this is headed: it's "east coast koME syndrome"... uninformed posters are going to blame melo's teammates for not stepping up, and that melo is just doing his job.

really?

Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (32-16) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (35-17). Sunday (02/10/2013), 1:00 P.M.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy