[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (32-16) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (35-17). Sunday (02/10/2013), 1:00 P.M.
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

2/10/2013  6:06 PM
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
dk7th wrote:there are some deep issues with this team when your superstar scores 42 points with 70%TS... and we get beat by 14 points... at home.

it's an interesting psychological strategy: just let melo do all the scoring he wants and don't double him and watch the offense flounder. melo had 1 assist so he took the bait... and we all saw 11 assists as a team. i can't wait to see the usage rate compared to his assist rate for this game-- i bet it's close to 4:1.

not only that there was both overdribbling and lazy passing to the tune of 16 turnovers... all attributable to allowing melo to get off on scoring. why? because when you are watching one guy you lose focus and forget to move the ball.

don't get me started on the defense. what happened after the first 10 games?

wow....you obviously did NOT watch this game. This is the problem I have with you and 3G. Ya didnt watch the game but then come in talking about why they lost.

of course i watched the game. i just see the game differently and have a different understanding of cause and effect than you and others do. ever hear of the game being 90% mental?

DK you are so funny. You and 3G are like Hubie Dick Reichert. Can I ask you something? You always talk about D but never ever bring up Tyson yet you will point to how Melo played. Interesting but of course you see the game differently. LOL.

the guys who get the most shots should also be the hardest defenders or lunchpail guys will not give their all. you have to give chandler touches to keep his desire up.

felton flat out sucks asa defender. he can't stay in front of anyone, so you get switches and mismatches and then you get dissected by a superior player, be it chris paul or paul pierce.

look what happened to the knicks with pierce and garnett: they set pick after pick to create mismatches because the knicks are always switching up high. same thing happened today.

teams have figured out that if you can get the knicks to switch up top they become vulnerable because they don't communicate or rotate.

but yeah lets blame tyson chandler.

So A guy who only has one real job needs insensitive. Sounds like a mentally weak player. You choose to not ever sight Chandler's short coming because who have a hard on for Melo and Felton. At least be an equal critic to each player but that's too hard for you and we all know why. Also, calling Tyson a lunchpail guy this year is an insult to hard workers.

AUTOADVERT
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
2/10/2013  6:20 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
dk7th wrote:there are some deep issues with this team when your superstar scores 42 points with 70%TS... and we get beat by 14 points... at home.

it's an interesting psychological strategy: just let melo do all the scoring he wants and don't double him and watch the offense flounder. melo had 1 assist so he took the bait... and we all saw 11 assists as a team. i can't wait to see the usage rate compared to his assist rate for this game-- i bet it's close to 4:1.

not only that there was both overdribbling and lazy passing to the tune of 16 turnovers... all attributable to allowing melo to get off on scoring. why? because when you are watching one guy you lose focus and forget to move the ball.

wow....you obviously did NOT watch this game. This is the problem I have with you and 3G. Ya didnt watch the game but then come in talking about why they lost.

of course i watched the game. i just see the game differently and have a different understanding of cause and effect than you and others do. ever hear of the game being 90% mental?

DK you are so funny. You and 3G are like Hubie Dick Reichert. Can I ask you something? You always talk about D but never ever bring up Tyson yet you will point to how Melo played. Interesting but of course you see the game differently. LOL.

the guys who get the most shots should also be the hardest defenders or lunchpail guys will not give their all. you have to give chandler touches to keep his desire up.

felton flat out sucks asa defender. he can't stay in front of anyone, so you get switches and mismatches and then you get dissected by a superior player, be it chris paul or paul pierce.

look what happened to the knicks with pierce and garnett: they set pick after pick to create mismatches because the knicks are always switching up high. same thing happened today.

teams have figured out that if you can get the knicks to switch up top they become vulnerable because they don't communicate or rotate.

So A guy who only has one real job needs insensitive. Sounds like a mentally weak player. You choose to not ever sight Chandler's short coming because who have a hard on for Melo and Felton. At least be an equal critic to each player but that's too hard for you and we all know why. Also, calling Tyson a lunchpail guy this year is an insult to hard workers.

Amen on the Chandler comment. The guy is soft as a pillow for the most part this year.

yellowboy90

2/10/2013  6:25 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

So A guy who only has one real job needs insensitive. Sounds like a mentally weak player. You choose to not ever sight Chandler's short coming because you have a hard on for Melo and Felton. At least be an equal critic to each player but that's too hard for you and we all know why. Also, calling Tyson a lunchpail guy this year is an insult to hard workers.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
2/10/2013  6:30 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

no! he is the last line of defense and if the defense breaks down, and boy does it break down, he is the player who gets the blame?!? his assignments accounted for 3 total points.

please help me out here-- what is he doing that is so bad? again he is the last line of defense.

you want me to be hard on him? okay here: he came straight out of high school, didn't develop big man skills in college or in the offseason, and he doesn't have much tread left on the tires, hence the back taps. he is overpaid.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
yellowboy90

2/10/2013  6:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2013  6:38 PM
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

no! he is the last line of defense and if the defense breaks down, and boy does it break down, he is the player who gets the blame?!? his assignments accounted for 3 total points.

please help me out here-- what is he doing that is so bad? again he is the last line of defense.

you want me to be hard on him? okay here: he came straight out of high school, didn't develop big man skills in college or in the offseason, and he doesn't have much tread left on the tires, hence the back taps. he is overpaid.

you watch the games so obviously you know what he is doing wrong. I get it though poor Chanlder is the last line of defense and he is widdle tired. I'll stop bringing up the real MVP/leader and holding him accountable.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/10/2013  6:39 PM
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

My bad then...your post led me to believe that you didnt see the game. I still dont agree with your assessment of the game though.

I thought Melo kept the Knicks in the match..especially in the third..and I thought he did a great job guarding both B.Griffin and L.Odom.
Knicks lost because Clippers bench outplayed the Knicks bench...and Woodson had no business going with a small lineup in this game.

OGkush121
Member: #4392

2/10/2013  7:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2013  7:08 PM
Seriously, if anyone should be getting praises it's Melo. He worked his ass off on both ends of the court and was the only one bar Felton (only offensively) to keep the Knicks in the game.

JR was terrible, Amare was sub-par to say the least, Kidd can't seem to hit anything these days, etc. but how can anybody honestly call out Carmelo today?
If he had a bad or hey, even average game I would've said something, but Melo was terrific today. Only people who hate or dislike him for personal reasons can criticise this performance for whatever F-ed up reason they think they got.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/10/2013  7:11 PM
nixluva wrote:It's not like the Knicks CAN'T defend better. We've seen them do it. They just have to dig down deep and put in the effort and focus on D. If they decide to do that they will be a legit contender for the title. It's that simple

+1

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/10/2013  7:17 PM
The offense with the exception of Melo struggled today. The reason we lost and the reason we lost to Philly & Washington and barely beat Minnesota and Atlanta is because the defense trades baskets. And the small starting lineup
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

2/10/2013  7:55 PM
NBA Knick trade will be brewing soon
Lets hope & pray it doesnt involve Iman Shumpert.

Knicks need board bangers & inside presence, dirty work guys with youth & another PG distributor facilitor dont hurt

NY cannot wait anymore for Sheed & Camby they been missing for 2013
what the hell is going on ? with org. I know and accept you cant just cut guarantee contracts but ya know what ?

If you can help your team and it got to be at expense of a J.White, S.Novacs and R.Brewer so be it. I like White he is one I'd take to stick with
Copeland but if NY has to part with either White OR Copeland to secure some help areas I'd do it. Do not want to part with both.

Knicks need a trade its evident by this horrible Knick loss vs Clippers
where admit it Knick fans Our team didnt compete, NOR COACH in the 4th quarter of the the basketball game.

I dont like Knicks attitudes after games none of the knicks nor bench nor coaches seem pissed
enuff for DJ when they accept losses and bad ones, to forgiving to praise the record & club of Clippers as a good team
give PG standout Chris Paul kudos whom is hurt.

That is all knicks do these days after losses
F(@(Luck ! Clippers
F@(@ _ _K the praise of the teams whom whipped your as_s soundly again in your own gym

If that is attitude of these days Knicks, the 2 impressive wins over hear wont be a bit of difference
ya know what? Heat is waiting to play Knicks again before playoffs.

If Knicks think these beatdowns of HEAT and SPURs means something today Feb. 10 Sunday
they need to fix all this stuff being exploited by teams whom has improved & Knickerbockers has slid way backwards in all their losses in 2013.

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  8:00 PM
Who exactly are we getting for trash like novak, brewer, copeland & white?
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

2/10/2013  8:09 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Who exactly are we getting for trash like novak, brewer, copeland & white?

Cope and White got some skills offensively
but White is more role 2 ways player than Copeland.

You're better off trying to do smaller trade then to use players (NOT Shumpert)
to improve knicks on boards OR perhaps a journey PG whom can defend a bit.

Jared doesnt do it for me & if folks going to talk nonsense about Novak, brewer, etc.. since I mentioned it
then I'll talk same trash when Shumpert is being dangled for J.Dudley scorer SG/SF

Just what we need now another 3pt high pct% high FG% guy, low -assist to add to our offensive specialities to beat teams.

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
2/10/2013  10:03 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

My bad then...your post led me to believe that you didnt see the game. I still dont agree with your assessment of the game though.

I thought Melo kept the Knicks in the match..especially in the third..and I thought he did a great job guarding both B.Griffin and L.Odom.
Knicks lost because Clippers bench outplayed the Knicks bench...and Woodson had no business going with a small lineup in this game.

i think you and other posters think wrongly about this phenomenon of melo keeping the knicks in games. everyone has been hearing for years from van gundy and jackson that it's one thing to get yours but quite another to get yours and get others theirs as well. van gundy makes a distinction between playing WITH others and playing FOR others. anyway, melo just can't do that and the result is him scoring in bunches... while the knicks lose. all it took was a 40-year-old dude with bad ankles to throw him off and kablooey. it's similar to "it's not THAT you win but HOW you win."

here's the thing with melo: he never really puts the hammer down defensively after he scores. you never see him trying to rally the team to say "now lets get a stop." it's cliche but he doesn't come across as being serious about winning by playing defense.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

2/10/2013  10:03 PM
We lost the game but then again, proud of our Knicks. We have a chance to head into all-star weekend at 33-17 overall, 16 games above .500 heading into our postseason push. 6-2 during our last 8 games, and I'll take it because we gave a good fight against those Clippers. We were only down 1 point heading into the 4th quarter, that's when LAC ran away. That happens in basketball. Ama're, J.R and Kidd hurt us out there but so proud of the way Melo led us. 14/26 from the field (23/37 shooting), 42 points, 8 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal and 1 block against a great Clippers team. That's what I love to see out of our leader. If only Stoudemire and J.R could've followed suit. Raymond Felton also played his heart out. We'll be back at it come Wednesday against Rudy Gay and the Raptors. Then it's all-star weekend at hopefully 33-17 ala 5th strongest record in all of basketball with 32 games remaining for our strong postseason push. Would be so nice to have both Rasheed and/or Camby back.
NYKMentality

2/10/2013  10:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2013  10:17 PM
MSG3 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Amen on the Chandler comment. The guy is soft as a pillow for the most part this year.

I'll agree to disagree. You don't stand 5th in all of basketball with rebounds off the glass down low. You've ever tried to board off the glass against opposing NBA players? You don't know what soft is. Not if you're soft you don't. 5th in all of basketball. He also feasts down low (with no fear) off lobs and put backs at a clip of .670%. Is he Patrick Ewing? Not a chance, but Tyson Chandler's a Defensive Player of the Year, a two time American Gold Medalist Olympian, an All-Star, top 5 rebounder and is on the verge of leading the entire NBA in Field Goal percentage during consecutive seasons. In other words, calling Tyson Chandler "soft" is laughable when he's banging down low against NBA BIG's on a nightly basis while more than holding his own; making a name for himself.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2013  11:26 PM
Bropez has more blocks than Tyson.

I thought that was a bit strange.

gunsnewing
USA
2/10/2013  11:36 PM
Nalod wrote:Bropez has more blocks than Tyson.

Nate Robinson and JJ Barea have more blocks than Tyson

NYKMentality

2/10/2013  11:56 PM
gunsnewing wrote:

What are you talking about? Nate has 6 blocks this year when compared to Tyson's 50. Career goes 1,030 for Tyson and 31 for Nate.

Can you please make a little sense when bashing a player? What you're doing is trolling with no insight.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/11/2013  12:00 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

What are you talking about? Nate has 6 blocks this year when compared to Tyson's 50. Career goes 1,030 for Tyson and 31 for Nate.

Can you please make a little sense when bashing a player? What you're doing is trolling with no insight.

Think maybe it went over your head a bit?

Seriously, you went hunting to defend tysons block count against two guys that are not 6 foot tall and your puffing your chest out like you discovered the cure to cancer?

gunsnewing
USA
2/11/2013  12:10 AM
lol
Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (32-16) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (35-17). Sunday (02/10/2013), 1:00 P.M.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy