[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (31-16) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (18-28). Friday (02/08/2013), 8:00 P.M.
Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/8/2013  9:05 AM
Wolves home record: 12-11.
Knicks away record: 12-10.

Kevin Love has been out during Minnesota's last 17 games.
The Timberwolves have gone 3-14 during those 17 games.

We're 5-1 during our last 6 games, but after our loss against Washington, this is a very important game moving forward. A chance to bounce back, rebound and create another win streak heading into all-star weekend.

New York @ Minnesota.
Brooklyn @ Washington.
Chicago @ Utah.
Indiana vs. Toronto.
Atlanta vs. New Orleans.
Miami vs. LA Clippers.

It was nice to see Chicago lose during our off night last night, but as we can see, we're on the verge of yet another busy night of Eastern Conference basketball. The top 6 teams (seeding wise) are all playing tonight while the likes of Boston (7th) and Milwaukee (8th) both having off nights.

AUTOADVERT
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

2/8/2013  10:55 AM
Damn I just realized its Friday...
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/8/2013  12:16 PM
TeamBall wrote:Damn I just realized its Friday...

Well, you know what that means!

...the soundtrack to a bitter Friday defeat...

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/8/2013  12:19 PM
NYKMentality to start a new 5-0 game thread winning streak!

playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

2/8/2013  12:23 PM
Carmelo Anthony scored 33 in the first meeting and his teams have won 15 of their last 16 games against Minnesota, including all seven visits to the Target Center - where he has not played since joining New York.

It has been more than two seasons since Amare Stoudemire last faced the Wolves on Dec. 6, 2010. Stoudemire has been finding a rhythm off the bench, averaging 18.4 points on 67.6 percent shooting over his last seven games.

Knicks center Tyson Chandler had his streak of 20-rebound games end at three after he grabbed 13
against the Wizards. Emerging Wolves center Nikola Pekovic has totaled 42 points and 30 rebounds in his last two matchups against Chandler and New York.

The Knicks are second in the NBA in 3-point shooting at 38.4 percent but went 6 for 26 (23.1) in the first meeting for their third-worst mark of the season. Minnesota is last in the league at 30.2 percent.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something has to give !

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/8/2013  12:29 PM
Can't stand the Twolves or their GM, so I want their asses thoroughly kicked. Still, you never know with these injury ravaged scrub teams- every so often they can gut out a win against a superior opponent. I've already forgotten what happened last time we played them, other than the Twolves announcers annoying me. Did we win? (Goes away to check) Yikes, we only won by 3 points. I vaguely remember a poster falling in love with that center of theirs.

I'll be interested to see how Rubio looks at this point in his recovery from the ACL- played well last game they played, might give us an idea how long it will take Shump to start looking okay.

You never know with these Knicks and Friday nights, but this game should be more winnable than the clipper game (I suspect CP3, Billups and Griffin will all be magically healed in time for Sunday).

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

2/8/2013  1:17 PM
This is a tough game for me, personally, because it's one of the few games in the season that I'm torn between rooting for the Knicks or the other team,

Gonna have to be Minny tonight, sorry gang

The other games are against Denver and Lakers

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
TeamBall

2/8/2013  1:22 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:This is a tough game for me, personally, because it's one of the few games in the season that I'm torn between rooting for the Knicks or the other team,

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
2/8/2013  1:37 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:This is a tough game for me, personally, because it's one of the few games in the season that I'm torn between rooting for the Knicks or the other team,

Are you from Minny?

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
IronWillGiroud

2/8/2013  1:39 PM
CashMoney wrote:

Are you from Minny?

No, I'm a big fan of Pekovic, he is an inspiration to me plus he is from Montenegro

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/8/2013  2:15 PM
Talk of the Knicks flight back being cancelled due to weather. I hope not. Rather play the Clippers now without Paul and possibly Blake as well
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/8/2013  2:25 PM

Thanks for clearing things up. This explains alot.

I hear the Clippers can be an inspirational team, too.

TeamBall

2/8/2013  2:30 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
CashMoney wrote:

Are you from Minny?

No, I'm a big fan of Pekovic, he is an inspiration to me plus he is from Montenegro

Wait so those 2 games against the Lakers and the one against Denver you were rooting against the Knicks?
IronWillGiroud

2/8/2013  5:19 PM
TeamBall wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
CashMoney wrote:

Are you from Minny?

Wait so those 2 games against the Lakers and the one against Denver you were rooting against the Knicks?

Not against the Knicks, just FOR D'Antoni and FOR Gallinari

Always a Knicks fan first though, bleed orange and blue

NYKMentality

2/8/2013  5:59 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
CashMoney wrote:

Are you from Minny?

Nah son. With all due respect you're a casual Knicks fan. Nothing more, and nothing less. A true Knicks fan could never, and would never (not in a million years) have to think (for a split second) who to root for. Let alone A.) thinking about it and B.) coming back with an answer that's anything other than the Knicks without second thought. If it's for a draft pick when our Knicks are mathematically eliminated? Different story. But, you just exposed yourself here my friend.

A true Knicks fan would never state....

IronWillGiroud wrote:"This is a tough game for me, personally, because it's one of the few games in the season that I'm torn between rooting for the Knicks or the other team, Gonna have to be Minny tonight. Sorry gang. The other games are against Denver and Lakers. I'm a big fan of Pekovic, he is an inspiration to me plus he is from Montenegro".

I'm very thankful that I read this post above. Now it all makes sense. Will always and forever quote you on it too. You were dead serious as well. You're no Knicks fan my dude, because when in reality you're more of a Montenegro, Pekovic, Mike D'Antoni and Danilo Gallinari fan than you are a die hard/true New York Knicks fan. Thanks for the honesty though.

gunsnewing
USA
2/8/2013  6:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  7:42 PM
Good night of basketball tonight:

Clips @Miami 8pm ESPN
Nyets @Washington 7pm YES
Bulls @Jazz 10:30 ESPN
Raptors @Indy 7pm

TeamBall

2/8/2013  6:09 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
CashMoney wrote:

Are you from Minny?

But...didnt you just say you were rooting for the Wolves tonight?
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/8/2013  6:15 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Good night of basketball tonight:

Clips @Miami 8pm ESPN
Nyets @Washington 7pm YES
Bulls @Jazz 10:30 ESPN

That Clips-Miami game would be required watching if Chris Paul were healthy.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
gunsnewing
USA
2/8/2013  6:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  6:18 PM
ehhh figures they'd be ready for Sunday..

NBA ‏@NBA
Chris Paul & Blake Griffin (both possibly returning to action) have arrived for @LAClippers/@MiamiHEAT, 8ET on @ESPN. http://twitpic.com/c1zdvj

NYKMentality

2/8/2013  6:21 PM
gunsnewing wrote:ehhh figures they'd be ready for Sunday..

NBA ‏@NBA
Chris Paul & Blake Griffin (both possibly returning to action) have arrived for @LAClippers/@MiamiHEAT, 8ET on @ESPN. http://twitpic.com/c1zdvj

Good. That way we can see where our Knicks stand amongst LAC. They may be rusty, but it's still CP3 and Griffin.

Gameday Thread: New York Knicks (31-16) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (18-28). Friday (02/08/2013), 8:00 P.M.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy