[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks @Wizards Wed 7:00..5-0 gunsanity!!!!
Author Thread
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

2/7/2013  7:56 PM
NUPE wrote:
CashMoney wrote:Dissapointing but we can't win em all. Hopefully we get back to our winning ways against the Wolves on Friday.

It is this simple. No need to cry over every single loss all season. The Knicks are going to lose 20 to 30 games this year. That will still equate to a very good regular season which is the goal. I believe the Heat and OKC have also lost to the Wizard's this year. What does this mean, absolutely nothing in the large scheme of things.

NUPE, I definitely agree that you cant win every game but doesnt it annoy you that the Knicks will randomly just decide not to show up? Thats not a knock in Washington. They made their shots and they've obviously gotten better since Wall came back but its not like the Knicks put up much of a fight.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
AUTOADVERT
3G4G
Member: #4333

2/7/2013  9:57 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
3G4G wrote:
CashMoney wrote:Dissapointing but we can't win em all. Hopefully we get back to our winning ways against the Wolves on Friday.

No we simply needed to beat THAT lottery team....can't allow CONTENDING teams to get closer to us either.

Looks like you've already forgotten our 5 game win streak ala pulled away from every team outside of Miami. How quickly some forget due to one loss.

Dude we have not pulled away from anyone....3gms separates us from being a 5th seed

CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
2/8/2013  2:38 AM
3G4G wrote:
CashMoney wrote:
3G4G wrote:

No we simply needed to beat THAT lottery team....can't allow CONTENDING teams to get closer to us either.

THAT lottery also beat OKC, Atlanta, Nuggets and Clippers. Besided they've been playing .500 ball since Wall returned. The season is a grind.....

Okay then we shouldn't elevate early season wins beating the Heat and Spurs if that's how wins and losses are supposed to be kept in perspective.

You can't say YEAH we smashed the Heat and Spurs we're BAD AZZ and then lose to the Pizzards and Queens and say NO BIGGIE....IT'S A GRIND

Here's the deal as the games become less and the schedule becomes tougher and the margin of separation between us and say the 6th seed is 5-6gms you can't drop games to a LOTTERY team.

It's just that simple.

Dude relax...we're 7-3 in our last 10 are 1.5 games behind the Heat and are 3 games up on the Nyets in the Atlantic. I'm dissapointed as I thought this was a game we should have won but these games are going to happen from time to time. We took them to lightly and Ariza absolutely killed us last night.

Before the season started I thought we would win around 55 games and we're still on pace. Step off the ledge my friend.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
CashMoney
USA
2/8/2013  2:39 AM
NUPE wrote:

It is this simple. No need to cry over every single loss all season. The Knicks are going to lose 20 to 30 games this year. That will still equate to a very good regular season which is the goal. I believe the Heat and OKC have also lost to the Wizard's this year. What does this mean, absolutely nothing in the large scheme of things.

Agreed.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/8/2013  3:36 AM
CashMoney wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Agreed.

We always end up losing to poor teams whenever we start feeling confident- it has always, always happened- back in the 90s it used to bother me, but now, after 20 years of witnessing the same thing over and over again, it still annoys me but I don't get in a panic about it.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
2/8/2013  8:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  8:56 AM
NUPE wrote:

the heat and the thunder were nba finalists so they have a proven track record.

what sort of track record do the knicks have?

the knicks are going to end up with fewer than 50 wins if they don't recalibrate their approach, stressing defense first. fewer than 50 wins means 3rd or 4th seed which reduces our chances of reaching the conference finals a whole bunch. the knicks' schedule gets harder not easier after the all-star break. 8 back to backs with 4 back to backs on the road. 19 games on the road.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

2/8/2013  9:21 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CashMoney wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Agreed.

We always end up losing to poor teams whenever we start feeling confident- it has always, always happened- back in the 90s it used to bother me, but now, after 20 years of witnessing the same thing over and over again, it still annoys me but I don't get in a panic about it.

The past is the past but to be fair in regards to our Knicks of 2012-2013 we've only lost 5 games to teams with losing records. Dallas (1-1), Lakers, 76ers (2-1), Sacramento (1-1) and Washington last game (1-1).

CashMoney
USA
2/8/2013  10:23 AM
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:

the knicks are going to end up with fewer than 50 wins if they don't recalibrate their approach, stressing defense first. fewer than 50 wins means 3rd or 4th seed which reduces our chances of reaching the conference finals a whole bunch. the knicks' schedule gets harder not easier after the all-star break. 8 back to backs with 4 back to backs on the road. 19 games on the road.

The Heat and Thunder didn't always have track records. The Knicks will soon enough. A bit of optimism goes a long way in Knickland.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
NUPE
Member: #4205

2/8/2013  11:53 AM
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:

It seems you always have some excuse. The Heat and Thunder lost to the Wizard's this season. It does not make them any better or worse. The Knick's lost to the Wizard's. It does not make the Knicks any better or worse. It is a long season and great teams will lose to lesser teams. This is particularly true in the NBA where even the bad teams have good or very good players.

Really, track record is irrelevant to this discussion and probably more relevant when discussing playoff expectations.

NUPE

2/8/2013  11:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  12:00 PM
TeamBall wrote:
NUPE wrote:

NUPE, I definitely agree that you cant win every game but doesnt it annoy you that the Knicks will randomly just decide not to show up? Thats not a knock in Washington. They made their shots and they've obviously gotten better since Wall came back but its not like the Knicks put up much of a fight.

I am annoyed whenever the Knick's lose for a few minutes then life goes on. I am annoyed if the Knicks lose to any team (great, good or bad). The bottom line is that I expect 20 to 30 losses this year and it really does not matter who they come against. A loss is a loss. A win is a win. You don't get an extra .5 game for beating great teams. You don't lose an extra .5 game for losing to bad teams.

I honestly get more annoyed with fans that blow every win or loss out of proportion moreso than being annoyed with the team for losing any one game.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2013  12:22 PM
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:

It seems you always have some excuse. The Heat and Thunder lost to the Wizard's this season. It does not make them any better or worse. The Knick's lost to the Wizard's. It does not make the Knicks any better or worse. It is a long season and great teams will lose to lesser teams. This is particularly true in the NBA where even the bad teams have good or very good players.

Really, track record is irrelevant to this discussion and probably more relevant when discussing playoff expectations.

And this is exactly what dk7th was probably talking about, so it's not some excuse as you started your reply with.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NUPE

2/8/2013  2:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  2:20 PM
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:

And this is exactly what dk7th was probably talking about, so it's not some excuse as you started your reply with.

Actually, it is not exactly what he was talking about.

He was making excuses for the THUNDER and HEAT loss to Wizard's because of past playoff performance. No single reg. season loss is indicative of how a team will perform in the playoffs. No single reg. season win is indicative of how a team will perform in the playoffs.

What I was saying is past playoff performance is indicative of how a team might fare in the playoffs. Thus, I am pointing the difference out between reg. season wins & losses versus past playoff performance in relation to predicting future playoff performance.

It's also funny how good reg. season wins versus the Heat, Spurs and a few others teams have been downplayed in various ways while bad reg. season losses are somehow indicative of looming playoff failure by a few people on this board.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2013  2:23 PM
NUPE wrote:
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:

He was making excuses for the THUNDER and HEAT loss to Wizard's because of past playoff performance. No single reg. season loss is indicative of how a team will perform in the playoffs. No single reg. season win is indicative of how a team will perform in the playoffs.

What I was saying is past playoff performance is indicative of how a team might fare in the playoffs. Thus, I am pointing the difference out between reg. season wins & losses versus past playoff performance in relation to predicting future playoff performance.

It's also funny how good reg. season wins versus the Heat, Spurs and a few others teams have been downplayed in various ways while bad reg. season losses are somehow indicative of looming playoff failure by a few people on this board.

no he wasn't.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NUPE

2/8/2013  2:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  2:31 PM
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:

no he wasn't.

dk7th indicated that the Heat and Thunder were NBA finalists (last year) as if that negates the fact that they lost to the Wizards this current season.

He then states that the Knicks need to re-calibrate their approach as if they are nose diving which simply is not remotely the case.

I simply think much ado is being made about this loss and it is not a huge deal.

3G4G
Member: #4333

2/8/2013  2:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2013  2:32 PM
CashMoney wrote:
3G4G wrote:
CashMoney wrote:
3G4G wrote:

THAT lottery also beat OKC, Atlanta, Nuggets and Clippers. Besided they've been playing .500 ball since Wall returned. The season is a grind.....

Okay then we shouldn't elevate early season wins beating the Heat and Spurs if that's how wins and losses are supposed to be kept in perspective.

You can't say YEAH we smashed the Heat and Spurs we're BAD AZZ and then lose to the Pizzards and Queens and say NO BIGGIE....IT'S A GRIND

Here's the deal as the games become less and the schedule becomes tougher and the margin of separation between us and say the 6th seed is 5-6gms you can't drop games to a LOTTERY team.

It's just that simple.

Dude relax...we're 7-3 in our last 10 are 1.5 games behind the Heat and are 3 games up on the Nyets in the Atlantic. I'm dissapointed as I thought this was a game we should have won but these games are going to happen from time to time. We took them to lightly and Ariza absolutely killed us last night.

Before the season started I thought we would win around 55 games and we're still on pace. Step off the ledge my friend.

7-3 in the last 10gms and 5 of those wins were against near trash teams(Detroit 2)...Not impressed of what our play has been past 20-25gms. Essentially has been .500 basketball.

Now you look at a team like Denver who's been on a relative hot streak and of their last 10gms played against teams above .500 they are 9-1. That's when things can be kept in a lighter perspective. Losing to the Wizards was an awful loss no ifs, ands, buts, about it.. 3-4weeks ago this guy was looking like this..

Yet we made him look like a near diety

dk7th
USA
2/8/2013  3:45 PM
NUPE wrote:
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:

no he wasn't.

dk7th indicated that the Heat and Thunder were NBA finalists (last year) as if that negates the fact that they lost to the Wizards this current season.

He then states that the Knicks need to re-calibrate their approach as if they are nose diving which simply is not remotely the case.

I simply think much ado is being made about this loss and it is not a huge deal.

you have it backwards: of the three teams heat thunder knicks which has had the least success and has the most to prove?

you're trying to EQUATE the three teams because they all lost to the same opponent, which is specious reasoning.

the knicks have no time to rest on laurels and be complacent. heat and thunder have laurels to rest on and if they are complacent then at least they have a PROVEN TRACK RECORD, ie THEY HAVE BEEN TO THE FINALS.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NUPE

2/8/2013  8:03 PM
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:

no he wasn't.

you have it backwards: of the three teams heat thunder knicks which has had the least success and has the most to prove?

you're trying to EQUATE the three teams because they all lost to the same opponent, which is specious reasoning.

the knicks have no time to rest on laurels and be complacent. heat and thunder have laurels to rest on and if they are complacent then at least they have a PROVEN TRACK RECORD, ie THEY HAVE BEEN TO THE FINALS.

I am not trying to equate the teams. I DID NOT say that the Knicks are as good as the Thunder / Heat.

What I am saying is that good teams have lost to the Wizard's this year and it's not the end of the world. What I am saying is that this loss to the Wizard's is not some harbinger of impending playoff disaster. It's not some sign that the Knick's need to re-calibrate. It's not a sign of some looming several game losing streak. It's just a single loss. Nothing more and nothing less.

dk7th
USA
2/8/2013  8:35 PM
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:

no he wasn't.

I am not trying to equate the teams. I DID NOT say that the Knicks are as good as the Thunder / Heat.

What I am saying is that good teams have lost to the Wizard's this year and it's not the end of the world. What I am saying is that this loss to the Wizard's is not some harbinger of impending playoff disaster. It's not some sign that the Knick's need to re-calibrate. It's not a sign of some looming several game losing streak. It's just a single loss. Nothing more and nothing less.

i'd rather see the knicks of the first 10 games of the season-- you know, the team that played great defense. i thought that was going to be our identity and i was moving towards optimism. that was then this is now. this team still lacks an identity-- unless you care to describe what that identity is.

NUPE

2/8/2013  10:26 PM
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:

no he wasn't.

i'd rather see the knicks of the first 10 games of the season-- you know, the team that played great defense. i thought that was going to be our identity and i was moving towards optimism. that was then this is now. this team still lacks an identity-- unless you care to describe what that identity is.

I'd like to see the Knick's play better D also.

However, the Knick's defense has no correlation with attempts to downplay Heat and OKC losses to the Wizard's. Tonight, the NETS - a team many believed would be better than the Knicks early this season - lost to the Wizards by 15 points. Just further indication that good teams have lost to the Wiz and the Knick's loss to the Wiz is not some sign of the apocalypse.

CashMoney
USA
2/9/2013  1:48 AM
Wizzards beat the Nets and the Spurs lose to the Pistons. Guess the Spurs are on their way down.
Blue & Orange 4 Life!
Game Thread: Knicks @Wizards Wed 7:00..5-0 gunsanity!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy