[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks @Wizards Wed 7:00..5-0 gunsanity!!!!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/6/2013  11:29 PM
lol I'm can easily be brided with Chipotle

Amare is going through video on the plane with 2 assistant coaches according to Isola

AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
2/6/2013  11:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:you don't close out on 3s against a team on its home floor you are going to be in big trouble. they shot 55% from there.

it wasn't just wall blowing past everyone but okafor as well.

no defensive intensity = this team is unprofessional.

you don't move the ball around and share the shot selection with novak, chandler and kidd you will get acquire 14 assists, with felton getting 4 assists.

stoudemire had some nice moves and melo had a couple of good feeds. this two-man game needs to be cultivated.

I wouldnt go so far as to say unprofessional but its pretty bad how they sometimes decide they dont need to play defense against certain teams.

yep. Felton's comments about turning it on and off pretty much confirms this major flaw this team has

we need to be a top 2 seed and losing these sorts of games does not inspire confidence. it's not THAT you lose but HOW you lose.

19 out of our last 34 games are on the road
15 out of our last 34 games are against the top 8 teams in the league
8 B2B make up 16 of those 34 games
4 B2B of those 8 B2B are on the road

the defense has to get better or we may not get the seeding we need to advance in the playoffs.

the knicks could get it together and get 55 wins but then they could also continue to play lackluster defense and only garner 48 wins.

again i have to wonder where the focus, re-commitment, and leadership will come from within this group?

When this seven game stretch started you said it would be character defining for this team. The Knicks have gone 5-1 since you said that. This was a bad loss but I have a hard time with you popping in at the end of a five game winning streak to start harping on the negative. This the first game that fits your agenda. Did you get kicked off of realgm or did you just decide that the fans here were passionate enough to react to your constant negativity?

can you point out where i am being negative? i said their defense does not inspire confidence and i agree with the majority here that it hasn't for quite some time now.

they just don't look hungry.

again, it's not THAT you win or lose it's HOW you win or lose that matters. they didn't go 5-1 by throttling inferior opponents defensively, and they aren't reflecting their coach's values. as a real knick fan that is troubling to me and it should be troubling to you to.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
2/6/2013  11:33 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
sidsanders wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Don't feel like wasting anymore time on something Magic said in a game the Knicks lost to the underdog. Maybe when Melo passes Miami and OKC in the standings and puts up better ststs than Lebron and Durant. Then I will start thinking about the mvp. 35 games left to play

They're called the New York Knicks not the New York Melos

exactly

while its possible for anthony to win the mvp chase and still have decent post season success. does it matter without the post season success?

Exactly. Who cares about the mvp chase with 35 games left to play. No sense in arguing MVP during a game where you are losing to the 12win Wizards

im with ya... as others have said, win games and the awards will sort itself out.

I don't think that anyone actually gives a chit about the award... it would be nice if Knicks fans uk.com posters would acknowledge the fact that our best player in a decade and a half actually warrants consideration as an MVP candidate though. That's what this is all about - not the actual award itself

+ 100

I would like to add a peice to this team and it really doesn't matter where. We could use one more decent player.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

2/6/2013  11:34 PM
NYDiva wrote:THIS. I was watching the game with a friend of mine. I kept bitching to them as to WHY Melo is bringing the ball up the court when Felton was on the floor. I think back to the Olympics and folks believing Melo was just HOT. NO. That squad knew exactly how to utilize his scoring ability. When did he bring up the ball during those games? He barely ever created his own shot then. He had LeBron and DWill and Paul creating looks for him while he rained threes. When Melo does not have to work for shots is when he is most effective. When he is scoring within the flow of offense he is just deadly. It kills me when I see him holding onto the ball for 10-12 seconds waiting to drive or hoist up a (bad) shot. It's such bad offensive execution.

I have been waiting for someone (WOODSON) to take note of these things and change the way the offense is run. Whenever I see Melo or JR dribbling, dribbling, and making a move/taking a shot with 6-7 seconds on the shot, I just dry heave. So hard to watch bad basketball.

I can/have picked apart Melo's individual game; I (admittedly) have a tendency to go after JR a bit, but I've reigned that in. I find it MUCH more effective to view things from a team standpoint.

How can the team create the best opportunities for its best offensive weapons? What do they have to do to get better?

I can't with the MVP stuff at the moment. Especially after a loss to the Wizards in which the offensive execution was poor and the defense was worse.

I wouldnt hold my breath on this if I were you. If theres one thing Woodson loves more than those candies hes always munching on during the game, its some iso.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/6/2013  11:37 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:you don't close out on 3s against a team on its home floor you are going to be in big trouble. they shot 55% from there.

you don't move the ball around and share the shot selection with novak, chandler and kidd you will get acquire 14 assists, with felton getting 4 assists.

stoudemire had some nice moves and melo had a couple of good feeds. this two-man game needs to be cultivated.

I wouldnt go so far as to say unprofessional but its pretty bad how they sometimes decide they dont need to play defense against certain teams.

yep. Felton's comments about turning it on and off pretty much confirms this major flaw this team has

we need to be a top 2 seed and losing these sorts of games does not inspire confidence. it's not THAT you lose but HOW you lose.

the defense has to get better or we may not get the seeding we need to advance in the playoffs.

the knicks could get it together and get 55 wins but then they could also continue to play lackluster defense and only garner 48 wins.

again i have to wonder where the focus, re-commitment, and leadership will come from within this group?

When this seven game stretch started you said it would be character defining for this team. The Knicks have gone 5-1 since you said that. This was a bad loss but I have a hard time with you popping in at the end of a five game winning streak to start harping on the negative. This the first game that fits your agenda. Did you get kicked off of realgm or did you just decide that the fans here were passionate enough to react to your constant negativity?

can you point out where i am being negative? i said their defense does not inspire confidence and i agree with the majority here that it hasn't for quite some time now.

again, it's not THAT you win or lose it's HOW you win or lose that matters. they didn't go 5-1 by throttling inferior opponents defensively, and they aren't reflecting their coach's values. as a real knick fan that is troubling to me and it should be troubling to you to.

I thought tonight's game sucked. I hate when the team comes out and plays like they did tonight. However, the season is 82 games, it's a grind. But I do have a very hard time with most of your posts as I believe you have an agenda. So I really would like to know, did you get kicked off realgm?

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYDiva
Member: #4387

2/6/2013  11:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2013  11:50 PM
TeamBall wrote:
NYDiva wrote:THIS. I was watching the game with a friend of mine. I kept bitching to them as to WHY Melo is bringing the ball up the court when Felton was on the floor. I think back to the Olympics and folks believing Melo was just HOT. NO. That squad knew exactly how to utilize his scoring ability. When did he bring up the ball during those games? He barely ever created his own shot then. He had LeBron and DWill and Paul creating looks for him while he rained threes. When Melo does not have to work for shots is when he is most effective. When he is scoring within the flow of offense he is just deadly. It kills me when I see him holding onto the ball for 10-12 seconds waiting to drive or hoist up a (bad) shot. It's such bad offensive execution.

I have been waiting for someone (WOODSON) to take note of these things and change the way the offense is run. Whenever I see Melo or JR dribbling, dribbling, and making a move/taking a shot with 6-7 seconds on the shot, I just dry heave. So hard to watch bad basketball.

I can/have picked apart Melo's individual game; I (admittedly) have a tendency to go after JR a bit, but I've reigned that in. I find it MUCH more effective to view things from a team standpoint.

How can the team create the best opportunities for its best offensive weapons? What do they have to do to get better?

I can't with the MVP stuff at the moment. Especially after a loss to the Wizards in which the offensive execution was poor and the defense was worse.

I wouldnt hold my breath on this if I were you. If theres one thing Woodson loves more than those candies hes always munching on during the game, its some iso.

Sigh. I watch "the March to the Finals" on occasion on MSG and I marvel at what was supposedly a bad offensive Knicks squad in the '90s. They'd start the games off by getting Oakley those mid-range jumpers which he'd HIT and once the flow of the game was established, they dumped the ball into Ewing, who was incredibly efficient in the paint, and worked inside out. Starks. Harper. Dump it back in to Ewing. Starks. Smith. Davis. Anthony. And of course they played incredible D and gobbled up every rebound in sight.

That was such an underrated offense. It was simple and well-run. They had an identity. They had a plan. And, man, were they ever well-coached. Sometimes I wonder what Phil Jackson would do with this team...

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

2/7/2013  12:22 AM
NYDiva wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Sigh. I watch "the March to the Finals" on occasion on MSG and I marvel at what was supposedly a bad offensive Knicks squad in the '90s. They'd start the games off by getting Oakley those mid-range jumpers which he'd HIT and once the flow of the game was established, they dumped the ball into Ewing, who was incredibly efficient in the paint, and worked inside out. Starks. Harper. Dump it back in to Ewing. Starks. Smith. Davis. Anthony. And of course they played incredible D and gobbled up every rebound in sight.

That was such an underrated offense. It was simple and well-run. They had an identity. They had a plan. And, man, were they ever well-coached. Sometimes I wonder what Phil Jackson would do with this team...

Papabear Says

When no one can score and no defense it's a sure loss.

Papabear
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

2/7/2013  12:27 AM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Papabear Says

DK7th you are who you are the same old stuff you talk about on every post. I'm learng to just not pay any attention to you because everything that comes out of your mouth is anti Melo.

Papabear
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

2/7/2013  5:39 AM
Can't believe this loss
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
2/7/2013  8:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2013  8:41 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

I thought tonight's game sucked. I hate when the team comes out and plays like they did tonight. However, the season is 82 games, it's a grind. But I do have a very hard time with most of your posts as I believe you have an agenda. So I really would like to know, did you get kicked off realgm?

yes i have been banned from there. the final straw was not my take on the team, which you find so irritating, so much as insulting moocow, a "global mod." you see, i found him to be a clueless bully. not a fan of people throwing their weight around who are incapable of civil discourse. eventually i said he must really enjoy gargling melo's balls. that was pretty much it. also kane2021, a forum mod, came across as a cellblock kingpin, but is little more than a dunce. i don't know why these people are allowed to remain in their positions without peer review. it leads to groupthink.

people who prefer being surrounded by like-minded people never learning anything and only experience the edification of having their opinions confirmed.

no agenda: i participated there with the expectation of learning something because i am, first and foremost, a student of the game... who happens to be a knick fan. to be fair i did learn a few useful things there from a handful of posters-- tkf being among them-- and have been learning a few useful things here too.

are we here to simply shout out our positions to each other or try and learn from each other?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
HugeKnick4
Member: #4051

2/7/2013  8:29 AM
This game sucked.
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
2/7/2013  9:27 AM
Dissapointing but we can't win em all. Hopefully we get back to our winning ways against the Wolves on Friday.
Blue & Orange 4 Life!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/7/2013  9:30 AM
NYDiva wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

...he would do what could be called "I Will Accept the Job When You've Signed Lebron. Or Durant. Or both." Phil only coaches the absolute best player in the league.

3G4G
Member: #4333

2/7/2013  10:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2013  10:46 AM
CashMoney wrote:Dissapointing but we can't win em all. Hopefully we get back to our winning ways against the Wolves on Friday.

No we simply needed to beat THAT lottery team....can't allow CONTENDING teams to get closer to us either.

CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
2/7/2013  11:14 AM
3G4G wrote:
CashMoney wrote:Dissapointing but we can't win em all. Hopefully we get back to our winning ways against the Wolves on Friday.

No we simply needed to beat THAT lottery team....can't allow CONTENDING teams to get closer to us either.

THAT lottery also beat OKC, Atlanta, Nuggets and Clippers. Besided they've been playing .500 ball since Wall returned. The season is a grind.....

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
3G4G

2/7/2013  12:16 PM
CashMoney wrote:
3G4G wrote:

THAT lottery also beat OKC, Atlanta, Nuggets and Clippers. Besided they've been playing .500 ball since Wall returned. The season is a grind.....

Okay then we shouldn't elevate early season wins beating the Heat and Spurs if that's how wins and losses are supposed to be kept in perspective.

You can't say YEAH we smashed the Heat and Spurs we're BAD AZZ and then lose to the Pizzards and Queens and say NO BIGGIE....IT'S A GRIND

Here's the deal as the games become less and the schedule becomes tougher and the margin of separation between us and say the 6th seed is 5-6gms you can't drop games to a LOTTERY team.

It's just that simple.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

2/7/2013  4:48 PM
3G4G wrote:
CashMoney wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Okay then we shouldn't elevate early season wins beating the Heat and Spurs if that's how wins and losses are supposed to be kept in perspective.

You can't say YEAH we smashed the Heat and Spurs we're BAD AZZ and then lose to the Pizzards and Queens and say NO BIGGIE....IT'S A GRIND

Here's the deal as the games become less and the schedule becomes tougher and the margin of separation between us and say the 6th seed is 5-6gms you can't drop games to a LOTTERY team.

It's just that simple.

Games like this DO happen but this particular game is one I cant really dismiss as easily as some. If they Knicks came out engaged and prepared but were missing shots and couldnt stop the hot shooting of the Wizards, then I could understand. Thats not what happened last night. They came out like the Wizards were gonna hand them the win and they even echoed that in their post game comments.

Also, what is with Woodson playing Melo so many minutes? Does he not see a problem with this? Even in our wins - if they werent a blow out by half time, Melo would play the whole 2nd half.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
3G4G

2/7/2013  5:49 PM
TeamBall wrote:
3G4G wrote:
CashMoney wrote:
3G4G wrote:

It's just that simple.

Games like this DO happen but this particular game is one I cant really dismiss as easily as some. If they Knicks came out engaged and prepared but were missing shots and couldnt stop the hot shooting of the Wizards, then I could understand. Thats not what happened last night. They came out like the Wizards were gonna hand them the win and they even echoed that in their post game comments.

Also, what is with Woodson playing Melo so many minutes? Does he not see a problem with this? Even in our wins - if they werent a blow out by half time, Melo would play the whole 2nd half.

Scoring Title and MVP Race is on the line add to this Magic Johnson was in attendance...He's ready to hand Melo the MVP any day now.

NUPE
Member: #4205

2/7/2013  7:33 PM

It is this simple. No need to cry over every single loss all season. The Knicks are going to lose 20 to 30 games this year. That will still equate to a very good regular season which is the goal. I believe the Heat and OKC have also lost to the Wizard's this year. What does this mean, absolutely nothing in the large scheme of things.

NYKMentality
Member: #4385

2/7/2013  7:50 PM
3G4G wrote:

Looks like you've already forgotten our 5 game win streak ala pulled away from every team outside of Miami. How quickly some forget due to one loss.

Game Thread: Knicks @Wizards Wed 7:00..5-0 gunsanity!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy