[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Forum exercise: so-called haters list Melo's strengths; fans list his weaknesses
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/7/2013  12:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2013  12:25 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I don't understand why you would resign from Real GM as a mod because (1) (you) "found myself being sucked into arguments and not being able to stop, I realized this was a problem" and (2) (your) "family deserves more of my time", yet you clearly are doing the same thing here and apparently would rather do that same thing than spend time with your family

thanks fellas, I know most didn't agree with my views, but first and foremost I will always be a knick fan, and love the knicks, I just didn't think it was fair to be such a sour puss consistently with those of you who really are behind what is going on now.

When I found myself being sucked into arguments and not being able to stop, I realized this was a problem.. posting here was an outlet for me after my mom died in 2001, pretty much the same time I signed up.... It was always fun, and I need to find that joy posting again... taking time off has helped a lot and I plan to take a lot more off..

the forum deserves someone more constructive at this point.... and my family deserves more of my time.....

I will be around, I am pulling for the knicks to kick arse and do well....

again, thanks fellas...

GO KNICKS!

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1206065&sid=80391b01b1e83a2ed3a6078930a10843

please reming yourself of the bold

being a mod required a lot more than posting.. most of the time I had to deal with posters like yourself who spent most of the time complaining about the inability to change the mind of other posters... they were obsessed with other posters and they often wasted the mods time... sort of what you are doing now.. instead of adding something to the discussion you are focusing on a poster... real gm had that problem and I see it here.. the difference is.. after this post, I can ignore you, leaving me time to do something else....

with my family...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

2/7/2013  12:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2013  1:14 AM
tkf wrote:so again, why talk about his warrior days, which I would like to remind you were not bad at all..

Do you care to talk basketball? Or, are you only here to drop one line fillers (consisting of Melo bomb shells) with no insight what so ever?

Would you care to explain and/or remind us (all) how during Spree's six seasons in Golden State, that those 6 years weren't bad at all? Please explain because when in reality, they were awful.

With all due respect, you're a hypocrite (when in regards to Melo) TKF. You'll completely ignore Golden States team success and/or lack thereof during 6 years under Sprewell, but then talk about and/or harp all over Melo's "inability" to lead during his postseason years in Denver despite the fact that Melo led Denver to the Western Conference Finals during the elite/golden years of the Western Conference. You harp all over the fact that Denver lost under Melo against the likes of dynasty era teams such as Lakers (x2) and San Antonio (x2) during first rounds, but completely ignore how much of an awful leader Sprewell was and/or how often his team(s) lost during his time in Golden State years? See below.

92-93: 32-45 (losing season).
93-94: 50-32 (first round exit).
94-95: 23-46 (losing season).
95-96: 34-44 (losing season).
96-97: 29-51 (losing season).
97-98: 1-13 (losing season/suspension).

6 seasons with an overall losing record of 169-231. 62 games below .500 during his 6 years in Golden State. Failed to make the playoffs 5/6 seasons. 1st round exit. Suspended for 68 games for assaulting his head coach. Loser.

Not bad at all? Explain with insight. Without mentioning Melo too. "Remind us" how those years weren't bad at all. I'll be waiting. And after you reply? I'm going to compare Melo's first 6 seasons when compared to Sprewell's first 6 seasons in regards to both overall stats and team success (or in Spree's case, lack thereof).

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/7/2013  10:42 AM
Confirmed Starmoobying Melo Lovering Fable Eating Homer.

Weaknesses:
Attracts UK poster hate
Missing Cornrows
Scores too much
Doesn't score enough
Is not Lebron
Is not Durant
Is not Gallo
Makes millions of dollars
Hasn't spit or cursed at/on Dolan
Didn't sign with Brokelyn

Strengths:
Insane Clown Smile
Insane clutch jumper
Fearless, never saw an offensive possession he didn't like
Kobe's critiques of his game
Makes Lebron go all gooey
Wants to win...here
Historically known to help the unknowns
Has been seen dunking ferociously during games
Didn't sign with Brokelyn

Obligatory off topic posting: tkf will be happy when Melo and others are gone. Let it be so. Stop all the wasted typing trying to change this.

Of Note: Not one tkf post in the entire Kings Happy Game Thread. But also not one post during the Wizzed-on loss. A man showing true balance and control. Kudos!

NYK: Being a Spree lover, you could almost make me hate Melo. And please, don't ever post "Dudley" in a positive way again. It ruins your otherwise impeccable credibility.

knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
2/7/2013  2:01 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I don't understand why you would resign from Real GM as a mod because (1) (you) "found myself being sucked into arguments and not being able to stop, I realized this was a problem" and (2) (your) "family deserves more of my time", yet you clearly are doing the same thing here and apparently would rather do that same thing than spend time with your family

thanks fellas, I know most didn't agree with my views, but first and foremost I will always be a knick fan, and love the knicks, I just didn't think it was fair to be such a sour puss consistently with those of you who really are behind what is going on now.

When I found myself being sucked into arguments and not being able to stop, I realized this was a problem.. posting here was an outlet for me after my mom died in 2001, pretty much the same time I signed up.... It was always fun, and I need to find that joy posting again... taking time off has helped a lot and I plan to take a lot more off..

the forum deserves someone more constructive at this point.... and my family deserves more of my time.....

I will be around, I am pulling for the knicks to kick arse and do well....

again, thanks fellas...

GO KNICKS!

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1206065&sid=80391b01b1e83a2ed3a6078930a10843

please reming yourself of the bold

Damn. Talk about stopping someone right in their tracks. Talk about this post above. Well done my dude.

Gotta admit, if that post is accurate, he's doing pretty much the same thing here.
skeng
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #2959
Denmark
2/7/2013  5:12 PM
It's amazing what threads turn into - this is priceless..

But on a serious note, there's plenty of reasons to like or dislike Melo. So what if tkf doesn't like Melo for the Knicks. He's obviously still a knick fan.

At least we all have the winning to be happy about.

Legalize di NBA
knickscity
USA
2/7/2013  5:36 PM
skeng wrote:It's amazing what threads turn into - this is priceless..

But on a serious note, there's plenty of reasons to like or dislike Melo. So what if tkf doesn't like Melo for the Knicks. He's obviously still a knick fan.

Really? When a poster can state they can't enjoy the team until certain players are gone, that is not a fan of the team.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/7/2013  5:41 PM
knickscity wrote:

Really? When a poster can state they can't enjoy the team until certain players are gone, that is not a fan of the team.

You've never felt that a GM, player, or a coach would interfere with your enjoyment of the game as long as he was on the team?
knickscity
USA
2/7/2013  5:45 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

You've never felt that a GM, player, or a coach would interfere with your enjoyment of the game as long as he was on the team?

Not when the team is pretty good, my opinion goes to the wayside when the team does well.

There are quite a few players in the NBA i dont like, but if they play well in Knicks uni's I will enjoy their play and the team success.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2013  6:01 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

I was very frustrated with Mike D'Antoni and his approach during his coaching tenure in NY. However, I always watched the games and really enjoyed the team for stretches (i.e. all of the 2010-11 and Linsanity the following year). For most of that tenure the Knicks were losing and not developing players at the same time. When they were winning I still did not care for the coach but I was very excited about the team and rarely missed a minute of the game. The Knicks have been more successful with Melo, Woodson and this current group then they have been since the 90's. To just hate despite winning and success doesn't make sense to me. The Knicks have the second best record in the EAst and analysts are saying their best player is in consideration for the mvp. How that turns into such negativity on a Knicks fan board where the norm has been losing since its creation is something I can't make sense of. I especially get annoyed when I am told that a win isn't a quality win or despite a win the Knicks aren't doing things right or won't be successful in the playoffs. This team needed to take baby steps. First they needed to win and they are doing that for the first time in over a decade. Nothing to be pissed off at in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

2/7/2013  6:51 PM

I'll always cherish that game at MSG when Gallo handed Melo his ass on a silver plate

Rest in Peace Gallo, what could've been

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
2/7/2013  6:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

I was very frustrated with Mike D'Antoni and his approach during his coaching tenure in NY. However, I always watched the games and really enjoyed the team for stretches (i.e. all of the 2010-11 and Linsanity the following year). For most of that tenure the Knicks were losing and not developing players at the same time. When they were winning I still did not care for the coach but I was very excited about the team and rarely missed a minute of the game. The Knicks have been more successful with Melo, Woodson and this current group then they have been since the 90's. To just hate despite winning and success doesn't make sense to me. The Knicks have the second best record in the EAst and analysts are saying their best player is in consideration for the mvp. How that turns into such negativity on a Knicks fan board where the norm has been losing since its creation is something I can't make sense of. I especially get annoyed when I am told that a win isn't a quality win or despite a win the Knicks aren't doing things right or won't be successful in the playoffs. This team needed to take baby steps. First they needed to win and they are doing that for the first time in over a decade. Nothing to be pissed off at in my opinion.

please. you can't truly develop players during a roster flush. those two years were all roster flush with an unfulfillable promise of "remaining competitive." everyone knew what was happening. we were trying to purge 10 years of incompetence and walsh did a fine job of dumping longer bad contracts for shorter bad contracts. you can't turn around a team in two years after ten years of shyte.

2010-2011 was the time to start a true rebuild. that's when patience and baby steps were necessary. a shoot-first point guard on a two-year contract and a low salary paired with a premiere pick and roll finisher. not ideal but they were taking baby steps-- that is, before the trade deadline in 2011. baby steps after two years of asking the fanbase to wait patiently for two years of roster flush. that was the time to be patient but dolan would not have it. and the next thing you know walsh "retires" or declines to have his contract renewed at a lower price. for some fans their patience was not rewarded. it seemed more like a bait and switch.

dolan went all-in. it may pay off but it likely won't. the time for baby steps is long gone. over. it's now or never. your call for patience at this time is... interesting.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

2/7/2013  6:57 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

please. you can't truly develop players during a roster flush. those two years were all roster flush with an unfulfillable promise of "remaining competitive." everyone knew what was happening. we were trying to purge 10 years of incompetence and walsh did a fine job of dumping longer bad contracts for shorter bad contracts. you can't turn around a team in two years after ten years of shyte.

2010-2011 was the time to start a true rebuild. that's when patience and baby steps were necessary. a shoot-first point guard on a two-year contract and a low salary paired with a premiere pick and roll finisher. not ideal but they were taking baby steps-- that is, before the trade deadline in 2011. baby steps after two years of asking the fanbase to wait patiently for two years of roster flush. that was the time to be patient but dolan would not have it. and the next thing you know walsh "retires" or declines to have his contract renewed at a lower price. for some fans their patience was not rewarded. it seemed more like a bait and switch.

dolan went all-in. it may pay off but it likely won't. the time for baby steps is long gone. over. it's now or never. your call for patience at this time is... interesting.

Felton has returned.

And how's guys such as Eddy Curry, Wilson Chandler, Mozgov and Anthony Randolph doing for their respected teams?

LMAO!!!!!

knickscity
USA
2/7/2013  7:46 PM
That's the most ridiculous sig I've ever seen.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/7/2013  8:05 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Are you kidding about developing players? The only guys that were supposed to be in NY after the 09 season were Gallo, Chandler, Douglas and Hill. D'Antoni wouldn't play Hill or Douglas despite not competing for a playoff spot or angling for a draft pick. The guys getting minutes over them that year were not a part of the plans and not that good. Maybe if Hill got some time the Knicks wouldn't have had to package the guy they took in the lottery with a barely protected first round pick to Houston to get rid of Jeffries. No one could have done a worse job in 09 as coach.
2010-11 was the time that Walsh's transparent plan was supposed to come to fruition. It didn't but the Knicks got Amare and still had a few assets and cap space left. The pursuit of two stars was why the roster was fleeced of draft picks and assets so Walsh was still going to try for that second star. The Knicks and Melo had a courtship that entire season. While you have called out Melo's character for not staying in Denver so that he could become a free agent and leave without costing the KNicks anything. You also have conceded that Denver wasn't going to wait to take nothing for Melo and that the impending lockout and new cba that would change free agency influenced Melo's push to be traded. Walsh wanted two stars and if reports are accurate only balked when Moz was included. Walsh was fleeced in every trade that he did as gm of the Knicks because everyone knew what his endgame was before he ever made an offer and everyone knew he was desperate. As far as Walsh not resigning and retiring, I always thought that it was due to the huge pay cut that his boss wanted him to take to come back. I never saw it as Donnie was putting his foot down and leaving because of the Melo trade. Dolan was forced to fire Isiah and told to hire someone respected like Walsh. After the contract was up he insulted him but that was his decision. If you want to call Walsh an independent thinker in that scenario that is your perogative but he was basically told don't let the door hit you on the way out by Dolan.
I also am puzzled at this fantasy future that was supposed to be so much brighter than trading for Melo and Billups. Chandler has had hip problems and struggled. Moz is barely an nba player and Gallinari is injury prone. This might be the second time in his six year career that he plays close to a full season. Amare is finally back but with his health it would be ridiculous for a team to hitch themselves to him as their franchise player. The Knicks turned Billups into Tyson and buit a team that emphasizes its star player's strengths and they are winning.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/8/2013  2:09 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:

I'll always cherish that game at MSG when Gallo handed Melo his ass on a silver plate

One game in his whole tenure with us. True definition of unforgettable

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

2/8/2013  4:36 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

One game in his whole tenure with us. True definition of unforgettable

It's one more than I remember of melo! Lol

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/8/2013  7:51 AM
knickscity wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Not when the team is pretty good, my opinion goes to the wayside when the team does well.

There are quite a few players in the NBA i dont like, but if they play well in Knicks uni's I will enjoy their play and the team success.

"Pretty good" is pretty vague. I remember when the Knicks were playing .600 ball under Don Nelson with Mason as our point-forward. Everyone wanted Nelson fired because we had such a "horrible" record.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2013  9:02 AM
MDA developed playaers that fit his system. Most coaches do.

Landry, Gallo, Moz, Dlee, Extra E, Novak, Lin, Chandler all improved under him.

And since their value improved it makes them assets for "The Trade".

Its all past unless you want to relive it over and over.

I had no Idea TKF was so prevalent on another forum.

If he don't like Melo thats his business and it only bothers those whom wish to engage that conversation.

Personally I found Isiah and his tenure here very challenging.

tkf
2/8/2013  10:01 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Are you kidding about developing players? The only guys that were supposed to be in NY after the 09 season were Gallo, Chandler, Douglas and Hill. D'Antoni wouldn't play Hill or Douglas despite not competing for a playoff spot or angling for a draft pick. The guys getting minutes over them that year were not a part of the plans and not that good. Maybe if Hill got some time the Knicks wouldn't have had to package the guy they took in the lottery with a barely protected first round pick to Houston to get rid of Jeffries. No one could have done a worse job in 09 as coach.
2010-11 was the time that Walsh's transparent plan was supposed to come to fruition. It didn't but the Knicks got Amare and still had a few assets and cap space left. The pursuit of two stars was why the roster was fleeced of draft picks and assets so Walsh was still going to try for that second star. The Knicks and Melo had a courtship that entire season. While you have called out Melo's character for not staying in Denver so that he could become a free agent and leave without costing the KNicks anything. You also have conceded that Denver wasn't going to wait to take nothing for Melo and that the impending lockout and new cba that would change free agency influenced Melo's push to be traded. Walsh wanted two stars and if reports are accurate only balked when Moz was included. Walsh was fleeced in every trade that he did as gm of the Knicks because everyone knew what his endgame was before he ever made an offer and everyone knew he was desperate. As far as Walsh not resigning and retiring, I always thought that it was due to the huge pay cut that his boss wanted him to take to come back. I never saw it as Donnie was putting his foot down and leaving because of the Melo trade. Dolan was forced to fire Isiah and told to hire someone respected like Walsh. After the contract was up he insulted him but that was his decision. If you want to call Walsh an independent thinker in that scenario that is your perogative but he was basically told don't let the door hit you on the way out by Dolan.
I also am puzzled at this fantasy future that was supposed to be so much brighter than trading for Melo and Billups. Chandler has had hip problems and struggled. Moz is barely an nba player and Gallinari is injury prone. This might be the second time in his six year career that he plays close to a full season. Amare is finally back but with his health it would be ridiculous for a team to hitch themselves to him as their franchise player. The Knicks turned Billups into Tyson and buit a team that emphasizes its star player's strengths and they are winning.

I keep hearing Denver wouldn't wait and lose him for nothing... Let me make this clear.. if carmelo said.. I am not resigning and I am going to take my chances with the new CBA and being a Free agent, there is absolutely nothing.. NOTHING.. Denver could do, except try to trade him, in which carmelo still didn't have to sign there and could have gone into free agency without any ties to any team.... simple..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
2/8/2013  10:05 AM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knickscity wrote:

exactly..... I find it very interesting as well..

Forum exercise: so-called haters list Melo's strengths; fans list his weaknesses

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy