[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Forum exercise: so-called haters list Melo's strengths; fans list his weaknesses
Author Thread
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
2/5/2013  4:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2013  4:01 PM
dk7th wrote:
knickscity wrote:Melo's strength is he is one of the best players in the league, and he has no weakness that hinders his strength.

OAN the thread is garbage, no one should have to pick a side, this really is nothing but a ploy to further alienate the fanbase of this board.

nobody is asking you to pick a side. there are many posters who are willing to list both his strengths and his weaknesses.

as i said earlier i am trying to push the reset button and create some good will.

maybe you will reconsider, along with the others listed below, who also seem reluctant or hell bent on maintaining the status quo:

nykmentality
misterearl
anji
supreme commander
papabear
nupe
anubisadl

You should have edited your thread title, you are clearly edging people to pick a side, and indicate what side they are on.

But it matters little I gave my strengths and weakness....nothing to reconsider, I did it in my post.

AUTOADVERT
ActionJackson
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1602

2/5/2013  4:15 PM
Strength:
Great ONE ON ONE player (almost un-guardable if refs call it fair)
Must be double teamed & opens up opportunities for other players
Very good defender against elite forwards that he considers worthy adversaries

Weakness:
the opposite of all his strengths (B-Ball is played 5 on 5 not 1 on 1 / Doesn't always pass out of double team / Doesn't defend unless it's LeBron etc)
wears a headband
smiles to much

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
2/5/2013  4:17 PM
knickscity wrote:
dk7th wrote:
knickscity wrote:Melo's strength is he is one of the best players in the league, and he has no weakness that hinders his strength.

OAN the thread is garbage, no one should have to pick a side, this really is nothing but a ploy to further alienate the fanbase of this board.

nobody is asking you to pick a side. there are many posters who are willing to list both his strengths and his weaknesses.

as i said earlier i am trying to push the reset button and create some good will.

maybe you will reconsider, along with the others listed below, who also seem reluctant or hell bent on maintaining the status quo:

nykmentality
misterearl
anji
supreme commander
papabear
nupe
anubisadl

You should have edited your thread title, you are clearly edging people to pick a side, and indicate what side they are on.

But it matters little I gave my strengths and weakness....nothing to reconsider, I did it in my post.

if you have nothing of actual value to add maybe it's better to not say anything. not a good look here.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
tj23
Member: #3119

2/5/2013  4:31 PM
I am a Melo supporter but the past 2-3 years before this season he was slipping a bit and I think he was overvalued during that stretch and merely a volume scorer and average defender. This year he has been almost unstoppable on the offensive end although I thought he was a little better defensively last year.

Strengths
Excellent scorer
Effecient scorer
Great passing ability
Great on the low block
Great in the mid/high post
Great on the perimeter
Very good handle for a what I consider a combo forward
Can play either forward spot
Constantly draws double teams
Can make contested shots with ease
Can shoot great off the dribble
Has a quick pull up jumper that is nearly impossible to defend
Is very elusive
Great strength
Can carry a team
Run an offense through him
Gets to the line frequently
Very good rebounder
Tremendous athlete(when in shape)
Has a great 2nd jump that allows him to clean up his own misses
Has a great head fake that gets him more FTA
Capable of scoring while absorbing contact
Has a great quick spin move
Outstanding fadeaway shot from the post
Capable of being patient

Weaknesses
Pshhh none! jk
Not always in shape
Complains to the refs/doesn't get back
Doesn't fully commit to defense
Lazy with rotations/closing out
Average footwork guarding the ball
Unpredictable behavior
Does not always trust his teammates
Doesn't hesitate to shoot when he is cold
Questionable/poor shot selection
Doesn't always make the correct pass when double teamed
Struggles defensively in the post at the 4
A fairly average pick n roll player/MDA overused him in this way, particularly when he was out of shape
Doesn't have a bounce/skip pass in his arsenal-one reason why he struggles on PnR
Misses around the basket/likes to force it up in a crowd
Sometimes inconsistent from the line
Commands a high salary

That was my quick analysis...Overall, highly skilled player who simply needs motivation physically and mentally

dk7th
USA
2/5/2013  4:36 PM
tj23 wrote:I am a Melo supporter but the past 2-3 years before this season he was slipping a bit and I think he was overvalued during that stretch and merely a volume scorer and average defender. This year he has been almost unstoppable on the offensive end although I thought he was a little better defensively last year.

Strengths
Excellent scorer
Effecient scorer
Great passing ability
Great on the low block
Great in the mid/high post
Great on the perimeter
Very good handle for a what I consider a combo forward
Can play either forward spot
Constantly draws double teams
Can make contested shots with ease
Can shoot great off the dribble
Has a quick pull up jumper that is nearly impossible to defend
Is very elusive
Great strength
Can carry a team
Run an offense through him
Gets to the line frequently
Very good rebounder
Tremendous athlete(when in shape)
Has a great 2nd jump that allows him to clean up his own misses
Has a great head fake that gets him more FTA
Capable of scoring while absorbing contact
Has a great quick spin move
Outstanding fadeaway shot from the post
Capable of being patient

Weaknesses
Pshhh none! jk
Not always in shape
Complains to the refs/doesn't get back
Doesn't fully commit to defense
Lazy with rotations/closing out
Average footwork guarding the ball
Unpredictable behavior
Does not always trust his teammates
Doesn't hesitate to shoot when he is cold
Questionable/poor shot selection
Doesn't always make the correct pass when double teamed
Struggles defensively in the post at the 4
A fairly average pick n roll player/MDA overused him in this way, particularly when he was out of shape
Doesn't have a bounce/skip pass in his arsenal-one reason why he struggles on PnR
Misses around the basket/likes to force it up in a crowd
Sometimes inconsistent from the line
Commands a high salary

That was my quick analysis...Overall, highly skilled player who simply needs motivation physically and mentally

that right there is a quality post!

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NUPE
Member: #4205

2/5/2013  5:35 PM
dk7th wrote:

nykmentality
misterearl
anji
supreme commander
papabear
nupe
anubisadl

You regurgitate a rehashed topic where we are to be "haters" or "lovers" (ie. pick a side) and expect legit. responses. This thread underlies the problem in general on this board where there are those that think you have to love or hate Melo. Whereas, I am simply a Knick fan cheering for my team and wishing the best for all its players.

Also, I think this board has gone on and on and on about Melo. for some time. The Melodrama is old and stale at this point.

Also, my response was quite serious.

dk7th
USA
2/5/2013  5:53 PM
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:

nykmentality
misterearl
anji
supreme commander
papabear
nupe
anubisadl

You regurgitate a rehashed topic where we are to be "haters" or "lovers" (ie. pick a side) and expect legit. responses. This thread underlies the problem in general on this board where there are those that think you have to love or hate Melo. Whereas, I am simply a Knick fan cheering for my team and wishing the best for all its players.

Also, I think this board has gone on and on and on about Melo. for some time. The Melodrama is old and stale at this point.

serious enough to have been deleted out of the thread i guess...

you're more than welcome to generate some civil discussion if not good will instead of perpetuating the very problem you are bemoaning. your choice!

NUPE
Member: #4205

2/5/2013  6:04 PM
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:

nykmentality
misterearl
anji
supreme commander
papabear
nupe
anubisadl

you're more than welcome to generate some civil discussion if not good will instead of perpetuating the very problem you are bemoaning. your choice!

This thread (and thread title) is a reflection of the problem. A contingent of posters who think there should be some side other than simply being a Knick fan. I am a fan of the team and will cheer for anyone wearing the uniform with the hope that they play well and exceed expectations. There is no need to hate or love any particular player to the extent that I seek to nitpick, downplay, overplay and/or overreact to every little or major thing done by player x, y or z on the Knicks or formerly on the Knicks.

knickscity
USA
2/5/2013  6:13 PM
dk7th wrote:
knickscity wrote:
dk7th wrote:

nykmentality
misterearl
anji
supreme commander
papabear
nupe
anubisadl

if you have nothing of actual value to add maybe it's better to not say anything. not a good look here.

I listed Melo's strength and weakness in my post...is that not what you asked?

So how exactly is this melo thread any different? If you disagree, you claim there is nothing to add.

What really is there to add, we all know what melo's strengths and weaknesses are, you just want to identify contingents.

Sorry bro, no go from me.

dk7th
USA
2/5/2013  6:16 PM
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:

nykmentality
misterearl
anji
supreme commander
papabear
nupe
anubisadl

This thread (and thread title) is a reflection of the problem. A contingent of posters who think there should be some side other than simply being a Knick fan. I am a fan of the team and will cheer for anyone wearing the uniform with the hope that they play well and exceed expectations. There is no need to hate or love any particular player to the extent that I seek to nitpick, downplay, overplay and/or overreact to every little or major thing done by player x, y or z on the Knicks or formerly on the Knicks.

reflection of the problem you cannot be serious.

YOU are projecting your discontent onto a thread that's meant to neutralize that very same discontent by citing BOTH his strengths AND his weaknesses!!!

if it is as you say it is then why are so many willing to participate? they don't have a problem with it. they aren't reading ulterior motives or hidden agendas into it. they aren't holding others to perceived past offenses.

knickscity
USA
2/5/2013  6:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2013  6:22 PM
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:

nykmentality
misterearl
anji
supreme commander
papabear
nupe
anubisadl

reflection of the problem you cannot be serious.

YOU are projecting your discontent onto a thread that's meant to neutralize that very same discontent by citing BOTH his strengths AND his weaknesses!!!

if it is as you say it is then why are so many willing to participate? they don't have a problem with it. they aren't reading ulterior motives or hidden agendas into it. they aren't holding others to perceived past offenses.

You seems to have issues with posters who can see you for what you attempt to convey.

If they disagree with your posting, it will ALWAYS be an issue with it.

This string of quotes was created by me actually answering the topic of the thread, i disagree with the premise of the thread while answering your question.

Your response cemented what your intentions were.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/5/2013  6:31 PM
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:

nykmentality
misterearl
anji
supreme commander
papabear
nupe
anubisadl

NUPE, if you don't want to participate in this thread, move along.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

2/5/2013  7:38 PM
martin wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:

nykmentality
misterearl
anji
supreme commander
papabear
nupe
anubisadl

NUPE, if you don't want to participate in this thread, move along.

Papabear Says

I laid out my positive points of view regarding the talents of Melo. Such as the best player since Ewing but more than that he will lead this team past the first and second round of the playoffs. I have a feeling that this post site reply is not for me judging from the way it's being steared and edited out so I will pull out cause I feel in my humble opinion it's not a place for Knick lovers or positive Knicks thinkers. Peace!

Papabear
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

2/5/2013  7:40 PM
pros:
can get any shot he wants
Excellent mid range shooter
Good strength
Finishes very well around the basket
Finishes well at the basket - rebounds own shots
Wants to win

cons:
can get any shot he wants
Way overpaid for what he does compared to Lebron/Durant/Kobe/Paul
- Does not show the appreciation/understanding for team game the others do
- Still plays mostly on one side of the ball
- Even there he is inefficient, stubborn and lacks professional attitude(Read KG incident)
Average passer
Not a leader - does not hold himself or his team mates accountable
Stubborn, inflexible, does not adapt to change

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/5/2013  7:46 PM
DK brought up his 'fun exercise' on another thread when he was minimizing/criiticizing Melo and didn't get much of a response if any. Not sure why the other thread was locked or why this topic needed its own thread when it never took off in the context of Melo bashing. I guess this 'different' spin makes it relevant, fair and balanced.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

2/5/2013  7:53 PM
tkf wrote:Honestly, I think sprewell was a better player.. but that is just me.. so I don't see thing quite the way you do.. carmelo may not get much support because people don't view him with such high regards.. just look at the pro's and cons list... even with most on here being carmelo fans, the cons seem to outweigh the pro's... so it shouldn't be s surprise why there may be such a divide when it comes to this dude..

Saying Sprewell was a better player when compared to Melo would be like stating that Iverson was better than Michael Jordan. During Sprewell's first five years in the league, Sprewell himself failed to lead his teams to the postseason during four of those five seasons. The one playoff trip in which he seen during his first five seasons? A first round elimination. Sprewell was nothing close to a franchise player and/or franchise leader. Melo went to meet K.G after the game, but Sprewell put his hands on and/or chocked out his own head coach. Sprewell didn't even play the game as a franchise leader and/or franchise player. Sprewell was in the league for 13 seasons with only 5 postseason appearances. Sprewell as a basketball player failed to lead his team(s) to the playoffs more times than not.

Carmelo:: 24.9 points, 6.3 boards, 3.1 assists, 0.5 blocks and 1.1 steals per game. 97 double-doubles. A FG% of .456%. FT% of .806%. Scoring Efficiency Rating of 1.282. Shooting Efficiency Rating of .480. NBA Rating of 36.43.

Sprewell: 18.3 points, 4.1 boards, 4.0 assists, 0.4 blocks and 1.4 steals per game. 30 double-doubles. A FG% of .425%. FT% of .804%. Scoring Efficiency Rating of 1.169. Shooting Efficiency Rating of .464. NBA Rating of 28.42.

Sprewell a better basketball player when compared to Melo? Wrong as wrong could possibly be. And trust me, you do not wanna see Sprewell's career losing percentage when compared to Melo's career winning percentage.

Also, Carmelo may not get much support? You've got to be kidding me. He's loved like never before in regards to long time New York Knick fans such as myself along with hundreds of thousands of other long time New Yorkers. We've loved him since his first introduction as a Knick and have grown to love him 10x more during his first full season as a Knick here in 2012-2013. By far the greatest overall Knick since Patrick Ewing, one of the greatest pure scorers we've ever featured as a franchise and without question one of the strongest offensive forces our franchise has ever seen. The heart of our New York Knicks fan base simply loves Carmelo Anthony like never before. You know how loved Melo is by our entire fan base? We'll chant MVP for Melo, even in another arena. Think Brooklyn. Don't you dare sit here and state that Melo isn't loved and supported by 90% of our fan base all because you yourself personally can't get over "the trade". Stop with these outrageous remarks in which are nothing more than bold face lies due to a driven agenda. "Carmelo May Not Get Much Support"? Maybe not in the state of Texas he doesn't.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/5/2013  8:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2013  8:07 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
tkf wrote:Honestly, I think sprewell was a better player.. but that is just me.. so I don't see thing quite the way you do.. carmelo may not get much support because people don't view him with such high regards.. just look at the pro's and cons list... even with most on here being carmelo fans, the cons seem to outweigh the pro's... so it shouldn't be s surprise why there may be such a divide when it comes to this dude..

Saying Sprewell was a better player when compared to Melo would be like stating that Iverson was better than Michael Jordan. During Sprewell's first five years in the league, Sprewell himself failed to lead his teams to the postseason during four of those five seasons. The one playoff trip in which he seen during his first five seasons? A first round elimination. Sprewell was nothing close to a franchise player and/or franchise leader. Melo went to meet K.G after the game, but Sprewell put his hands on and/or chocked out his own head coach. Sprewell didn't even play the game as a franchise leader and/or franchise player. Sprewell was in the league for 13 seasons with only 5 postseason appearances. Sprewell as a basketball player failed to lead his team(s) to the playoffs more times than not.

Carmelo:: 24.9 points, 6.3 boards, 3.1 assists, 0.5 blocks and 1.1 steals per game. 97 double-doubles. A FG% of .456%. FT% of .806%. Scoring Efficiency Rating of 1.282. Shooting Efficiency Rating of .480. NBA Rating of 36.43.

Sprewell: 18.3 points, 4.1 boards, 4.0 assists, 0.4 blocks and 1.4 steals per game. 30 double-doubles. A FG% of .425%. FT% of .804%. Scoring Efficiency Rating of 1.169. Shooting Efficiency Rating of .464. NBA Rating of 28.42.

Sprewell a better basketball player when compared to Melo? Wrong as wrong could possibly be. And trust me, you do not wanna see Sprewell's career losing percentage when compared to Melo's career winning percentage.

Also, Carmelo may not get much support? You've got to be kidding me. He's loved like never before in regards to long time New York Knick fans such as myself along with hundreds of thousands of other long time New Yorkers. We've loved him since his first introduction as a Knick and have grown to love him 10x more during his first full season as a Knick here in 2012-2013. By far the greatest overall Knick since Patrick Ewing, one of the greatest pure scorers we've ever featured as a franchise and without question one of the strongest offensive forces our franchise has ever seen. The heart of our New York Knicks fan base simply loves Carmelo Anthony like never before. You know how loved Melo is by our entire fan base? We'll chant MVP for Melo, even in another arena. Think Brooklyn. Don't you dare sit here and state that Melo isn't loved and supported by 90% of our fan base all because you yourself personally can't get over "the trade". Stop with these outrageous remarks in which are nothing more than bold face lies due to a driven agenda. "Carmelo May Not Get Much Support"? Maybe not in the state of Texas he doesn't.

spree led the knicks to the finals along with Alan Houston.. another knick player I really liked a lot...

Also, Carmelo may not get much support? You've got to be kidding me. He's loved like never before

if that is the case then why the constant complaints about those who do not like him as a player? according to you we are in the minority by far.. so again, why do you consistently raise your blood pressure trying to defend someone who is so loved according to you?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NYKMentality

2/5/2013  8:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2013  8:21 PM
tkf wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

spree led the knicks to the finals along with Alan Houston.. another knick player I really liked a lot...

O.K. And Carmelo Anthony has led his teams to the postseason each and every season along with a trip to the Western Conference Finals during the elite/golden years of the Western Conference. Stop trying to ignore the fact that Sprewell was in the league for 13 seasons along with only 5 postseason appearances while failing to lead his team(s) to the postseason during 8 of those 13 years.

Sprewell didn't "lead the Knicks" to the Finals either. He joined a great franchise. Key word being 'joined'. That team was only 27-23 during the regular season. Not only was the Eastern Conference becoming a laughing stock joke during the shortened season but we had guys outside of Sprewell such as Houston, Ewing, Larry Johnson, Kurt Thomas, Ward, Camby, Childs and even Dudley. Houston and Ewing led our team in scoring. Ewing, Kurt, L.J, Camby and Dudley led us in rebounds. Ewing and Camby led us in blocks. Ward led us in Steals. Ward, Childs, Houston and L.J led us in assists. Camby, Herm, Kurt, L.J, Dudley, Wingate, Ewing, Childs and Houston led us in FG%. H20, Ewing and LJ led us in minutes per game.

Sprewell being a better basketball player when compared to Melo is a joke. Sprewell "leading us" is even more of a laughing stock joke and/or bold face lie.

NYKMentality

2/5/2013  9:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2013  9:41 PM
Pros:
A franchise Player.

Top 5 NBA talent.

An offensive force.

Perfect form on his jump shots.

Greatest Knick since Patrick Ewing.

Amazing combo of size, quickness and strength.

Always dreamed of playing in M.S.G as a kid with New York Bloodline in which forced his way our of Denver in order to play for and/or lead our New York Knicks moving forward.

Nothing short of a pure scoring phenom.

Ranks 2nd amongst all NBA players in scoring, only behind the great Kevin Durant and ahead of the likes of Kobe and LeBron.

Can play out of position while still dominating opposing players and/or games. A true team player who's willing to bang down low against much larger BIG's due to multiple team injuries.

Respected by his teammates. Kidd, Felton, J.R, Shumpert, Stoudemire, Chandler, Novak etc, etc all respect Melo as both a team leader and as a man.

Won't back down from the likes of K.G as most NBA cowards do.

Stronger than most SF's and quicker/more explosive than most PF's.

One of the best rebounders in the game today in regards to natural SF's.

Has been in the league for 9 years & on the verge of leading his teams to the postseason during each and every season. Led Denver to the Western Conference Finals during the elite/golden years of the Western Conference.

Has gained a boat load of postseason experience over the years, against the likes dynasty teams such as Kobe and the Lakers (twice) along with Duncan and the Spurs (twice).

Has led us to First Place of our Atlantic Division and less than 1/2 a game from the number one seed (during only his first full season as a Knick).

Has too much pride, heart and respect for the game of basketball and will never flop his way to an NBA Championship. Something which LeBron can't say.

Outside of Tyson Chandler, has been our strongest overall defensive player here in 2012-2013. Has dove into the stands, played with heart on the defensive end and more importantly, led by example. Under coach Woodson, he's playing defense like never before and when focused on defense, which he has been? Melo's one of the strongest defenders around amongst opposing SF's.

Did I forget to mention our greatest overall New York Knick since Patrick Ewing?

Cons:
Not Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and/or LeBron James.

Played under a head coach in George Karl who doesn't have what it takes to lead his team(s) to an NBA championship ala been in the league for 25 years with zero NBA championships. I feel sorry for Melo, that he had to play for such a coach in which could never lead/coach his team(s) over the top.

Doesn't kiss the refs ass and/or blow them off like most NBA superstars, therefor, get's very frustrated as he's getting mugged from opposing players, fouled hard, not getting the calls followed by voicing his opinion against the ref's and/or occasionally not getting back on defense ala arguing with the refs.

Forces shots from time to time, do to the fact that our guards rank dead last in shooting percentage while Tyson Chandler can not create his own shots. So as a Knick, he's taken some questionable shot selections (as all pure fire scorers do).

Not Rondo or Magic Johnson in regards to assists. But then again, he's only a forward not named LeBron James.

His heart was never in Denver, never believed in coach Karl and in return? Didn't give his heart and soul to the defensive end of the court. His rep has followed him to N.Y although he's played with heart and pride on defensive under coach Woodson.

In closing:
No player is perfect and/or without flaws, but I appreciate Melo for what he is. The greatest overall Knick since Patrick Ewing and one of the greatest offensive forces our franchise has ever featured. I'm enjoy the hell out of Melo's god-gifted abilities.

dk7th
USA
2/5/2013  9:53 PM
knickscity wrote:
dk7th wrote:
knickscity wrote:
dk7th wrote:

nykmentality
misterearl
anji
supreme commander
papabear
nupe
anubisadl

I listed Melo's strength and weakness in my post...is that not what you asked?

So how exactly is this melo thread any different? If you disagree, you claim there is nothing to add.

What really is there to add, we all know what melo's strengths and weaknesses are, you just want to identify contingents.

Sorry bro, no go from me.

you're playing games. i'm cool with that.

to sum up you claim that he is one of the best players in the league with no significant weaknesses that prevent him from being one of the best players in the league. basically sound and fury signifying nothing.

this melo thread is different if you allow it to be so but if you and a few others are hell bent on maintaining the status quo then that behavior says a whole lot more about you than you want it to.

i stated the purpose of the thread but you insist you know the true motivation, ie to identify "contingents."

connect the dots, guy. your behavior only serves to draw a line in the sand in order that you may create or galvanize contingents you despair of.

as i said, you're playing games.

Forum exercise: so-called haters list Melo's strengths; fans list his weaknesses

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy