Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/30/2013  7:17 AM
TeamBall wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
jrodmc wrote: For whatever reason, he attracts the two poles.

that's the Whole thing, right there:

it's NOT for "whatever reason,

nothing happens in life for "whatever" reason,

there ARE reasons for melo attracting two opposite views,

what are the reasons? i am not addressing that question in this post, i am merely point out the fact that there ARE reasons,

do guys like Paul, Durant, Duncan, Dirk attract anything like these two dramatically opposed observations?

of course Paul, Durant Duncan and Dirk receive criticism, but it is not in this extreme, and definitely not from the home fans,

we should spend time discussing the reasons behind the views on melo, not attacking the existence of such views

Why? We're not hear to convince anyone to like Melo. We're here to talk about the Knicks. If you dont like Melo, then its no big deal as long as it doesnt prevent you from discussing the team objectively.

BINGO!

And yes, the exact same can be said of us homers. I like Melo. I like buckets. I like first place, too. Maybe I like first place too much, I don't know. But I'm not going to sit here typing how Melo makes Lebron look like a DLeague reject. Or how I'd take Melo 1 on 5 against anyone who's ever played the game. Or how Melo's jumpers makes BK's 50's back to back look like stupid kid sheeehit.

IronWill, because something exists, doesn't mean you automatically start researching the ways to validate it ONLY. Melohate could just be:
1) a worldview issue, which will exist despite any facts or reality.
2) a personal opinion issue, which will exist as a matter of taste. Looking for reasons for someone's taste is a pointless exercise.
3) a bias based on either of the above's effect on past events.

Clippers, OKC, SanTone and Dallas are not NYC. Media critical capital of the universe. I'm sorry, but fandom there cannot compete with fandom here. That's just the way it is. You'd have to admit, no matter what the sport, this place can be crazy with it's own.

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/30/2013  7:21 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Anji wrote:*Reads Game Thread Title*
LOL

If its grounds to label be a Somber than so be it

Embrace your label then. Stop complaining about it.

And work on your sentence structure; the Somberites maintain a rather high quality, and I can't imagine they'd want you slumming them.

GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs HAWKS @MSG(6:30pm) START AMARE, BENCH MELO

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy