GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs HAWKS @MSG(6:30pm) START AMARE, BENCH MELO
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/29/2013  1:00 PM
martin wrote:
BasketballJones wrote:You guys are like oohah's family at Thanksgiving.

You've had Thanksgiving at oohah's?

AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/29/2013  1:19 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
dk7th wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NUPE wrote:Papa, just put TKF and his alts on ignore, as I did. Problem solved.

I always found this interesting, putting people on ignore,

when you put someone on ignore, what are you really saying?

you're saying that reading something gets you so riled up that you have no control over yourself,

so you would favor censoring anyone that doesn't agree with you,

you're saying that you're against free speech, you're basically a fascist

i have asked cooch to put me on ignore but i don't regard him as a fascist, nor papabear for that matter. it would be nice if disagreement were a catalyst for a good dialogue instead of personal attacks and verbal abuse. but posters should definitely use the ignore button if they just don't have the patience or focus to maintain a conversation.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with disagreeing. TKF doesn't attack anyone. Save the ignore feature for personal attacks & verbal abuse

I don't attack anyone, and I always,always welcome a good debate.. heck you and I even had good convo where we just didn't agree..

the problem is and I always maintain.... The dislike of carmelo is a HUGE problem with some people.. if you don't accept him as lord and savior, there is a real problem.. It is not good enough to say.

He is a good scorer, just not a great player...NO, it has to be, He is a GREat scorer, elite, prolific and he is top 5 of all time..

honetly it leave no ground for good discussion when some deal in absolutes.... look at all my criticism of this guy.. I never said he sucks, stinks, was horrible. .I just don't think he is as good as many here believe.. and for that. I am a troll.. LOL. .go figure...

The funny thing guns, the things I have said about JR smith go without notice, and I have been rough on that guy.. had I said the same things about carmelo, this forum would completely crash.... It comes across as hero worship with this guy.. when you get that, you get personal attacks, and people wanting to put you on ignore because they are just too emotionally involved... how is that a good thing?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
USA
1/29/2013  1:31 PM
Yea I noticed it its ok to criticize everyone from JR to Woodson, Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, Tyson, Kidd, Felton, Prigioni & Novak. God forbid you critique Melo for one thing like I did in my post about just wanting to see Melo live by his words about playing unselfishly and defending. But no you are instantly labeled a SOMBER KNICK FAN who just hates Melo.

I really like Melo and defended him last year when he was all alone in the playoffs. Who was he going to pass to. Novak couldn't get open, Fields stinks, TD, Jeffries etc

This year he has good players around him like Amare, JR, Felton, Tyson, Kidd, Novak, Shumpert, Sheed & Prigs. He needs to trust them and play like he played on both ends earlier.

He scored 42pts this game cos he was redhot but he was taking open shots for the most part off ball movement, big kudos to Felton and Melo was moving the ball when double-triple teamed. Thats all I ask for. Give me half of what Kobe is giving the Lakers now. Give me 5-6 assists per game not 3.1

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/29/2013  1:38 PM
tkf wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
dk7th wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
NUPE wrote:Papa, just put TKF and his alts on ignore, as I did. Problem solved.

I always found this interesting, putting people on ignore,

when you put someone on ignore, what are you really saying?

you're saying that reading something gets you so riled up that you have no control over yourself,

so you would favor censoring anyone that doesn't agree with you,

you're saying that you're against free speech, you're basically a fascist

i have asked cooch to put me on ignore but i don't regard him as a fascist, nor papabear for that matter. it would be nice if disagreement were a catalyst for a good dialogue instead of personal attacks and verbal abuse. but posters should definitely use the ignore button if they just don't have the patience or focus to maintain a conversation.

Exactly. Nothing wrong with disagreeing. TKF doesn't attack anyone. Save the ignore feature for personal attacks & verbal abuse

I don't attack anyone, and I always,always welcome a good debate.. heck you and I even had good convo where we just didn't agree..

the problem is and I always maintain.... The dislike of carmelo is a HUGE problem with some people.. if you don't accept him as lord and savior, there is a real problem.. It is not good enough to say.

He is a good scorer, just not a great player...NO, it has to be, He is a GREat scorer, elite, prolific and he is top 5 of all time..

honetly it leave no ground for good discussion when some deal in absolutes.... look at all my criticism of this guy.. I never said he sucks, stinks, was horrible. .I just don't think he is as good as many here believe.. and for that. I am a troll.. LOL. .go figure...

The funny thing guns, the things I have said about JR smith go without notice, and I have been rough on that guy.. had I said the same things about carmelo, this forum would completely crash.... It comes across as hero worship with this guy.. when you get that, you get personal attacks, and people wanting to put you on ignore because they are just too emotionally involved... how is that a good thing?

TKF,

You don't need to be Mr peaches/NYKMentality but the main issue that people have with you is that you are a bit relentless. You defend Melo hate like Nixluva defends MDA.

You hate him so much that it engulfs you and you need to constantly shed this hate on this forum.

Again, nothing wrong with hating a guy, we all have that right but ... you keep shoving it down everyones throats.

You certainly don't attack like you were doing a little while ago but your agenda is as alive as ever. WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL

This insanity is annoying at both extremes (the OVER LOVING and OVER HATING)

IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

1/29/2013  1:39 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Yea I noticed it its ok to criticize everyone from JR to Woodson, Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, Tyson, Kidd, Felton, Prigioni & Novak. God forbid you critique Melo for one thing like I did in my post about just wanting to see Melo live by his words about playing unselfishly and defending. But no you are instantly labeled a SOMBER KNICK FAN who just hates Melo.

I really like Melo and defended him last year when he was all alone in the playoffs. Who was he going to pass to. Novak couldn't get open, Fields stinks, TD, Jeffries etc

This year he has good players around him like Amare, JR, Felton, Tyson, Kidd, Novak, Shumpert, Sheed & Prigs. He needs to trust them and play like he played on both ends earlier.

He scored 42pts this game cos he was redhot but he was taking open shots for the most part off ball movement, big kudos to Felton and Melo was moving the ball when double-triple teamed. Thats all I ask for. Give me half of what Kobe is giving the Lakers now. Give me 5-6 assists per game not 3.1

Because the truth cannot be known about Melo, the image must be maintained that he is this god-like basketball player, one of the best in the game,

usually the verdict comes out after the career is finished,

we look at bernard king as a phenomenal scorer but no one would dare put him in the same sentence as magic johnson or a larry bird,

melo is in this category, wonderful player, talented, but just not what they want you to think it is,

we just have to ride this,

look at it this way, at least we will be competitive in the regular season and maybe put up some good games in the playoffs, so it's better than just flat out loosing,

the status and potential of the team reflects its star player,

because if you criticize melo you're shaking the foundations of the image knicks have built to drop buckets

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
IronWillGiroud

1/29/2013  1:42 PM
at the end of the day, it's very simple:

there are champions, and everyone else.

doesn't mean you can't have fun rooting for everyone else,

it's just that you want to be the champions when you are in an area that can put the cash in to make championships a regular occurrence

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/29/2013  1:59 PM
I don't believe the most homerific among us would say it's instant death to ALL critique of Melo. But seriously, we win, he scores in the clutch, or he's deflecting passes, and we get "Trade Melo Now" threads. That's fair and balanced, unemotional criticism? For whatever reason, he attracts the two poles. It's just a bit hard to consistently swallow the somberism when the team is doing better (overall, not in the last two seconds) consistently than it has in close to two decades.

This is a Knicks site; I get that Melo's going to attract the majority of the critiques. Especially from those who cannot embrace him, hated the trade, hate the way the team was constructed around him, blah blah blah.

All I would expect is a little tempering of the hate, given current standings. And you really can't say that's been happening.

Criticizing Toney Douglas and Landry Fields should equate to Melohate?

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/29/2013  2:14 PM
jrodmc wrote:I don't believe the most homerific among us would say it's instant death to ALL critique of Melo. But seriously, we win, he scores in the clutch, or he's deflecting passes, and we get "Trade Melo Now" threads. That's fair and balanced, unemotional criticism? For whatever reason, he attracts the two poles. It's just a bit hard to consistently swallow the somberism when the team is doing better (overall, not in the last two seconds) consistently than it has in close to two decades.

This is a Knicks site; I get that Melo's going to attract the majority of the critiques. Especially from those who cannot embrace him, hated the trade, hate the way the team was constructed around him, blah blah blah.

All I would expect is a little tempering of the hate, given current standings. And you really can't say that's been happening.

Criticizing Toney Douglas and Landry Fields should equate to Melohate?

again it's the overall goal or expectation you have for the knicks that should inform your critiques or lack thereof.

i put a poll out there and it has largely been ignored. i am curious:

what are your expectations for this team this year, meaning how far will this team go to the point that you will be satisfied?

me it's a strong showing in the ECF. it is this high expectation that informs my critique of the team in the present.

you?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
IronWillGiroud

1/29/2013  8:45 PM
jrodmc wrote: For whatever reason, he attracts the two poles.

that's the Whole thing, right there:

it's NOT for "whatever reason,

nothing happens in life for "whatever" reason,

there ARE reasons for melo attracting two opposite views,

what are the reasons? i am not addressing that question in this post, i am merely point out the fact that there ARE reasons,

do guys like Paul, Durant, Duncan, Dirk attract anything like these two dramatically opposed observations?

of course Paul, Durant Duncan and Dirk receive criticism, but it is not in this extreme, and definitely not from the home fans,

we should spend time discussing the reasons behind the views on melo, not attacking the existence of such views

TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/29/2013  9:00 PM
tkf wrote:I don't attack anyone, and I always,always welcome a good debate.. heck you and I even had good convo where we just didn't agree..

With all due respect, you really need to stop glorifying yourself. The problem is that you cant talk about this team without taking some subtle jab him. My biggest problem is that you cant talk about this team in any sort of positive light. You know how in the "other games" thread you talk about the Nuggets/Rockets? You talk about the Knicks like that - constructive criticism included - and there really wouldnt be a problem.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/29/2013  9:04 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:

what are the reasons? i am not addressing that question in this post, i am merely point out the fact that there ARE reasons,

do guys like Paul, Durant, Duncan, Dirk attract anything like these two dramatically opposed observations?

of course Paul, Durant Duncan and Dirk receive criticism, but it is not in this extreme, and definitely not from the home fans,

we should spend time discussing the reasons behind the views on melo, not attacking the existence of such views

Why? We're not hear to convince anyone to like Melo. We're here to talk about the Knicks. If you dont like Melo, then its no big deal as long as it doesnt prevent you from discussing the team objectively.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/29/2013  9:06 PM
DId Melo just drop 42 on the best perimeter defender in the league? According to Bradford Doolitlle He just may have? Dang that astronomical-Melo.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/29/2013  9:23 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Yea I noticed it its ok to criticize everyone from JR to Woodson, Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, Tyson, Kidd, Felton, Prigioni & Novak. God forbid you critique Melo for one thing like I did in my post about just wanting to see Melo live by his words about playing unselfishly and defending. But no you are instantly labeled a SOMBER KNICK FAN who just hates Melo.

Since Lin signed the poison pill you definitely have changed the tones of your posts. I would guess if you are labeled as somber it is more related to that.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
USA
1/29/2013  9:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/29/2013  9:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Since Lin signed the poison pill you definitely have changed the tones of your posts. I would guess if you are labeled as somber it is more related to that.

This has nothing to do with Lin. I've criticized every knick this year. The second I criticize Melo I'm labeled a somber Knick fan eventhough I could careless about Gallo and co

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/29/2013  9:35 PM
*Reads Game Thread Title*
LOL
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
gunsnewing
USA
1/29/2013  9:40 PM
Anji wrote:*Reads Game Thread Title*
LOL

If its grounds to label be a Somber than so be it

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/29/2013  9:47 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:

1)durant was drafted by and has remained with the team as it's franchise player. they have improved every year, as has durant, and have already made it to the finals. they are a lock to be an elite team for years.
2)dirk was drafted by and has remained with the team as it's franchise player. they have been to the finals twice and won one title.
3)duncan was drafted by and has remained with the team as it's franchise player. they have been rewarded with 4 championships. one of those titles they cheated but still...

i don't know if paul belongs in this conversation because he is not a front court player.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
USA
1/29/2013  9:52 PM
dk7th wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

1)durant was drafted by and has remained with the team as it's franchise player. they have improved every year, as has durant, and have already made it to the finals. they are a lock to be an elite team for years.
2)dirk was drafted by and has remained with the team as it's franchise player. they have been to the finals twice and won one title.
3)duncan was drafted by and has remained with the team as it's franchise player. they have been rewarded with 4 championships. one of those titles they cheated but still...

i don't know if paul belongs in this conversation because he is not a front court player.

Are you saying the criticism that Melo receives here is based on his not staying with the team that drafted him? If that is the case that would be why Paul doesn't fit the argument.
IronWillGiroud

1/29/2013  10:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

Are you saying the criticism that Melo receives here is based on his not staying with the team that drafted him? If that is the case that would be why Paul doesn't fit the argument.

^blatant straw man; insulting

the difference between durant and melo is a difference in type

drop stats all you want, they're two different players, any discussion aimed away from this fundamental difference in type is a fruitless undertaking

CrushAlot
USA
1/30/2013  5:52 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

^blatant straw man; insulting

the difference between durant and melo is a difference in type

drop stats all you want, they're two different players, any discussion aimed away from this fundamental difference in type is a fruitless undertaking

I disagree. Also, I was responding to Dk who frequently posts that melo should have stayed with Denver and signed in ny as a free agent. The fact that the summer of 2010 saw the raps and heat lose franchise players for nothing, and that the owners were going to lockout the players and reign in free agency in the offseason melo was a free sgent is disregarded in this view. Denver was supposed to take nothing for melo and allow him to go to ny and melo was supposed to wait and lose 25 million so that he could play for the Knicks on dk's terms.

GAME DREAD: KNICKS vs HAWKS @MSG(6:30pm) START AMARE, BENCH MELO

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy