GAME THREAD: The Return of Felton.. Knicks Vs 76ers 7:00pm
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
1/26/2013  11:30 PM
NYDiva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
3G4G wrote:Well Felton being back to help our offense is a MYTH for at least 1 game....

its one game back. We go as Melo goes unfortuntately especially when Amare is not starting. Dig holes every game in the 1st

I don't know if that's true. Our biggest wins came with Melo having bad shooting nights (first Heat game & both Spurs games) and with him out (Heat). The team isn't passing the ball (bottom of the league in assists) or playing consistent defense anymore. Another thing...if Woody is truly supposed to be a defensive guru, if he is really about holding guys accountable, then they aren't responding to him anymore.

AUTOADVERT
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/26/2013  11:37 PM
Like I maintained & say in other post
You rap & left-hook the entire Knick team to the chin and that team falls into bad habits
then gets blown out each and every time.

And furthermore when this happens Knicks theb don't play any defense and game, set & match win for opposition team

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/27/2013  12:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2013  12:41 AM
DJMUSIC wrote:Like I maintained & say in other post
You rap & left-hook the entire Knick team to the chin and that team falls into bad habits

Yea, right, that's why we're 26-15 overall. Out of those 15 loses?

1.) Kings beat us by 1 point(buzzer beater).
2.) Dallas beat us by 3 point.
3.) Brooklyn got us by 3 points.
4.) Bulls were by 4 points.
5.) Portland got us by 5.
6.) Pacers got us by 5 points.
7.) Boston got us by 6 points.
8.) Lakers by 6 points.
9.) Chicago got us by 7 points.
10.) Brooklyn was by 7 points (OT).
11.) Chicago was by 8 points.
12.) Memphis was by 10 points.

Do I have to spell it out? We've battled through so many injuries in regards to Felton, Shumpert, Stoudemire along with our aging BIG's. Even Melo missed 7 games.

But which teams blew us out "each and every time" during our 41 ball games? 11 of our 15 loses have been by 8 points (or fewer). 12 of our 15 loses have been by 10 points or fewer. 6 of our 15 loses have been by 6 points or fewer.

Please, at least make sense when attacking our Knicks. Stop telling lies. When's the last time we've won the Atlantic Division? 1994. We're currently first place of our Atlantic division. 41 games into the season too. When's the last time the Knicks were second place of the Eastern Conference 41 games into the season?

Would you like to talk about our team wins as well? Because I could find a lot more 'each and every time's' in regards to blow out's when discussing our wins. Especially when compared to a hand full of blowouts in which happen to each and every team, each and every season. That's unless we're talking about the 96 Bulls in which only lost 10 games. And even those guys suffered a blowout. A 32 point defeat against our Knicks.

So once again, when speaking of our Knicks as a non-contender - Which teams/games are you referring to when stating "blown out" along with "each and every time" . Oh yea, that's right, you must be talking about 3 games.

1 & 2). Houston twice. Once by 28 points and once by 13 points.

But you know what's pathetic on your part and/or your post above? How quickly you forget. Four key words. 'How Quickly You Forget'. Due to a single loss. How quickly you forget. I'll explain below.

During our 28 point loss against the Rockets, we were only 11 games into the season with a record of 8-2 heading into our matchup against Houston. You harp all over that 28 point defeat while completing ignoring our 8-2 start heading into that game. How convenient of you. You forget to mention, when stating "blow out loses" "each and every time" how Shumpert, Stoudemire, Wallace and Camby were all out. How quickly you forget.

Due to your post above, it seems as if you must still harp all over that 13 point lost against Houston as well. You ignore the fact that our Knicks were 9-1 during our last 10 games heading into that rematch with the Rockets. How quickly you forget. The Knicks lost by 13 points during a "blowout" after going 9-1 heading into that game. But yet, you're still talking about a "blowout" along with "each and every time". How quickly you forget that Carmelo Anthony, Shumpert, Amar'e, Camby and Wallace were all out.

3.) That must leave tonight. The 17 point loss against Philly due to a very poor shooting night. Let's not mention the fact's though. Lets not mention that we have 3 players in whom are currently returning/adjusting from injury in Felton, Shumpert and Amar'e. Let's not forget to mention the fact that tonight was the first time that we've seen Felton, Shumpert, Melo, Amar'e and Chandler on the same court together here in 2012-2013.

So once again...

Please, explain.

Out of 41 ball games, which blow out loses "each and every time" are you talking about? Is it my turn to discuss our wins yet? Because I just broke down our loses.

11 games into the season at 8-2 heading into Houston; you're pissed.

9-1 during our past 10 heading into our rematch against Houston; you're pissed.

Felton, Kidd, Shump, Melo, Chandler, Amar'e and J.R all playing together, for the first time here in 2012-2013, first place of the Atlantic, 2nd place of the entire Eastern Conference; and you're pissed.

You see, some fans will never stop being pissed at our Knicks. Not even during one of our most productive seasons that we've had since Ewing of his prime years. They won't stop attacking anything and everything Knicks related until we win a championship. We get it. The Knicks get hit in the mouth, we crumble like cookies, and our 15 loses have all been blow outs and our 26 wins have all been by only 1 point during overtime fluke wins.

We get it.

Caseloads
1/27/2013  1:28 AM
NYKMentality wrote:

8.) Lakers by 6 points.

Do I have to spell it out? We've battled through so many injuries in regards to Felton, Shumpert, Stoudemire along with our aging BIG's. Even Melo missed 7 games.

But which teams blew us out "each and every time" during our 41 ball games? 11 of our 15 loses have been by 8 points (or fewer). 12 of our 15 loses have been by 10 points or fewer. 6 of our 15 loses have been by 6 points or fewer.

Please, at least make sense when attacking our Knicks. Stop telling lies. When's the last time we've won the Atlantic Division? 1994. We're currently first place of our Atlantic division. 41 games into the season too. When's the last time the Knicks were second place of the Eastern Conference 41 games into the season?

Would you like to talk about our team wins as well? Because I could find a lot more 'each and every time's' in regards to blow out's when discussing our wins. Especially when compared to a hand full of blowouts in which happen to each and every team, each and every season. That's unless we're talking about the 96 Bulls in which only lost 10 games. And even those guys suffered a blowout. A 32 point defeat against our Knicks.

So once again, when speaking of our Knicks as a non-contender - Which teams/games are you referring to when stating "blown out" along with "each and every time" . Oh yea, that's right, you must be talking about 3 games.

But you know what's pathetic on your part and/or your post above? How quickly you forget. Four key words. 'How Quickly You Forget'. Due to a single loss. How quickly you forget. I'll explain below.

During our 28 point loss against the Rockets, we were only 11 games into the season with a record of 8-2 heading into our matchup against Houston. You harp all over that 28 point defeat while completing ignoring our 8-2 start heading into that game. How convenient of you. You forget to mention, when stating "blow out loses" "each and every time" how Shumpert, Stoudemire, Wallace and Camby were all out. How quickly you forget.

Due to your post above, it seems as if you must still harp all over that 13 point lost against Houston as well. You ignore the fact that our Knicks were 9-1 during our last 10 games heading into that rematch with the Rockets. How quickly you forget. The Knicks lost by 13 points during a "blowout" after going 9-1 heading into that game. But yet, you're still talking about a "blowout" along with "each and every time". How quickly you forget that Carmelo Anthony, Shumpert, Amar'e, Camby and Wallace were all out.

3.) That must leave tonight. The 17 point loss against Philly due to a very poor shooting night. Let's not mention the fact's though. Lets not mention that we have 3 players in whom are currently returning/adjusting from injury in Felton, Shumpert and Amar'e. Let's not forget to mention the fact that tonight was the first time that we've seen Felton, Shumpert, Melo, Amar'e and Chandler on the same court together here in 2012-2013.

So once again...

Please, explain.

Out of 41 ball games, which blow out loses "each and every time" are you talking about? Is it my turn to discuss our wins yet? Because I just broke down our loses.

Felton, Kidd, Shump, Melo, Chandler, Amar'e and J.R all playing together, for the first time here in 2012-2013, first place of the Atlantic, 2nd place of the entire Eastern Conference; and you're pissed.

You see, some fans will never stop being pissed at our Knicks. Not even during one of our most productive seasons that we've had since Ewing of his prime years. They won't stop attacking anything and everything Knicks related until we win a championship. We get it. The Knicks get hit in the mouth, we crumble like cookies, and our 15 loses have all been blow outs and our 26 wins have all been by only 1 point during overtime fluke wins.

We get it.

There is too much talent on this team to get HERBED like this. TOO MUCH TALENT.

There was just crappy coaching and boneheaded plays left and right - all night, LAZY, OFF BALANCE crap jumpers and NO DEFENSE that allowed Philly to embarrass the knicks, who did a great job of embarrassing themselves.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/27/2013  1:53 AM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:what happened to woodson's accountability? Last year when he took over i loved the fact that he got on guys on the sideline when they werent playing up to their potential. Now i havent see much of that this year and i think that is one of the reason this team has dragged ass since december

That "accountability" crap was always overplayed. The team got off to a hot start last year when he took over and to start this year. What exactly did he have to yell at anyone about. that was NEVER the real reason this team was winning.

Thank goodness they can get this game over with and look to try and play better tomorrow. It's only one game.

Its not one game. This team has been mediocre since mid december

True, but I tend to take it one game at a time. If they can play better tomorrow and get a win that will stop the bleeding.

My big problem with Woody on defense is that if you have one guy beating you that's actually easy to shut down. Jrue was killing us and they should've looked to take the ball out of his hands and trap and double him to make someone else beat them.

Papabear Says

What bothered me about the game was that Philly only ran 2 plays all night and we couldn't adjust.
It's time to start Amare. Just because a guy gets hurt it dosent mean he should loose his starting job.

Papabear
DJMUSIC

1/27/2013  2:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2013  3:06 PM
NYKMentality wrote:

8.) Lakers by 6 points.

So once again...

Please, explain.

We get it.

PLEEESEE...
don't put a twist on this and some of those < 7 point Knick Loses

Its ok to be satisfied with Knicks season its good, well agree! 150%

However,
You know darn-well what we're talking about here many of the Knicks Loses mentioned in your tracking
(Rockets loss a true blowout ..left out ) The Knickerbockers was OUT OF THE GAME before any little run to make score closer/closest.

I am just telling it like it is brother .. The Knicks Yes will be in playoffs, have they played well since Jan.2013 during season
prior to 1/2 way ALLStar break ? Answer HELL NO

It aint the losses, its how you lose & what you do to adjust and close the gap in being exploited by teams.
That is point you're missing.

I am happy with Knicks overall season and back into prominence talk discussions being a contender.
But unlike yourself I am not going to satisfy myself with injury bug (ALL NBA teams has) or this and that is ideal in
Knick-Land early season success. There is always room to improve Which is what my comments on NY has been about all along.

Since stats are shown here, lets talk about what it pointed out:
<<<<<
1.) Kings beat us by 1 point(buzzer beater). Knicks down big & early 3 QTRs to a Thunder, Heat, Spurs, Nets, Clips, Bulls or Griz
team ? fine understood those are contender NBA best.
NY down in 27-point deficit to Sacr. Kings ? their butts was being blown out by a bad team
UNACCEPTABLE:

2.) Dallas beat us by 3 point. I do not now NOR undertand why Dallas Mavs are mentioned here sure an elite team in many prior yrs
however the Knicks played well & MAVs played a bit better. Mavericks are not a winning team this season and in transition likely
not a playoff team anyway 2012/2013.

NY falled behind by double-digits, came closer but have no issue with loss on road & thus this N/A for point your talks.
I do not think I ever posted about NY here losing a Nov. 2012 game on the road to mavericks

3.) Brooklyn got us by 3 points. Again this is similar with 2) above except Knicks >.600 Winning PCT, area rival a great game
between Knicks vs Nets. LOSS & win by Brooklyn. Only thing I mention with this loss is NETs punched Knicks often and beat them,
I ran my mouth about things from Knicks side needed to be address, but generally not shocked on Bklyn win since NY wasnt playing
well at MSG to begin with All month Dec./January. A Divison Loss & we shouldnt talk about it eh ?

4.) Bulls were by 4 points. Knicks get down big again and lose. Forget the score the sole close game NY played vs chicago nip
and tuck was at Chicago gym, Not this 4 pt Knick loss where both Garden games BULLs ruled the Knicks & you know it. Bulls an
improving contender & A Division/conference loss where I'm talking about it.

5.) Portland got us by 5. Portland wins and played great all game, Blazers was on the road and this team isnt the big contender
NBA teams as far as recent years in the playoffs. This is game Knicks was back on their heels and never gave fans impression they
would win the home game, fact. No problem with the loss I've never made a post about it.

6.) Pacers got us by 5 points. Indy like Blazers starting playing well and Knicks on road never historically was great at Indy's
gym. Loss accepted Pacers outplayed NY last quarter & Indy is a contender. No problem & you ain't see me put a post about it here,
though again a Division/conference loss to a contender foe but NY was shorthanded. No prob.

7.) Boston got us by 6 points. Celtics up & down having issues this season, Knicks needed to win a rival division game at home
but Celtics get up for NY. Knicks had their chances and failed the 'Punch in mouth' test from the tested Celtics. A Division loss
as their div. losses begin to accumulate.

8.) Lakers by 6 points. Knicks hung in LA Xmas day for a while but LA needed to win at home. Melo so-so game & Knicks didn't win.
Loss to LA don't bother me at all.

9.) Chicago got us by 7 points. Which game is this ? The same one at 2nd Garden game BULLs blasted Knicks and let up last 3 min
to make score respectable eh? The Knicks got 2 losses to BULLs, this made 3rd, another Division loss to hated BULLs,

UNACCEPTABLE:

10.) Brooklyn was by 7 points (OT). This was at Brooklyn's Gym, early in season. IT would be nice to beat them but aside from
a Division loss to contender Knicks still 2-2 in series.

11.) Chicago was by 8 points. Don't go there with BULLS PLeeeeeessseee. BULLs ruled Knicks all season & Fans here on forum know
it if you didn't. 3 straight losses tells me.

Unless you're the Miami Heat the losses to BULLs means something
more than NYK 2 blowout wins over HEAT (away and home) fact is Heat are Champs.

SO I put more weight on BULLs losses since unless NY hands down wins it division, then seeding is in question then there ya go.
Nets still have chance to win DIV. & I don't want to play BULLs early on or in middle of playoffs.

12.) Memphis was by 10 points. This was a blowout. 10 pts statement dont mean nothing here,
Knicks was out of this game by 2nd Qtr.

I wont say unacceptable since Griz is where Knicks want to get.

>>>>>

ALL in all
Knicks are contending. Great for for NY, but so what ? Until they've done something like position themselve for maximum
benefits of a good season I ain't going to paint the picture anyone else like me to cause all Knicks losses are acceptable
they ain't. Few are acceptable and some are not ! I am goin to run my big mouth on it, whether it falls on popularity %
but its no hard feelings.

If I'm pissed off on how they've loss its my personal business & most dont have to go for it.

I respect the homer's here on board, If I dont like what someone says Or laments on a post about players or team, owner

I keep it generally but I respect others views on Knicks whether agree OR disagree.

Ending it Knicks have not played well.

I wont make any excuses on rebounding woes, lack of D sometimes OR poor decisions to start games at times
failure to adjust ingame once in awhile.

I'm sure they will get better but Knicks are still a work in progress, though a great season pending
we hope finishes the way Fans like!

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
1/27/2013  3:01 PM
ok just saw the game and obviously you have to question whether woodson is slowly losing this team. it's not just THAT they lost it's HOW they lost.

where was the preparation?

focus?

leadership?

look at the body language of the players. look at the lack of intensity defensively. look at all the one-on-one nonsense. if the knicks don't turn it around prior to the all-star break it's going to be very tough. they have a much more intense schedule-- 10 back-to-backs post all-star break with a lot of old and injured players.

2 games is all that separates us from 5th seed.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
VCoug
Member: #1406

1/27/2013  3:03 PM
dk7th wrote:2 games is all that separates us from 5th 6th seed.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
dk7th
USA
1/27/2013  4:39 PM
VCoug wrote:
dk7th wrote:2 games is all that separates us from 5th 6th seed.

right and if we want to make it to the second round let alone the finals we simply have to hold on to 2nd seed.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/27/2013  4:52 PM
dk7th wrote:ok just saw the game and obviously you have to question whether woodson is slowly losing this team. it's not just THAT they lost it's HOW they lost.

focus?

leadership?

look at the body language of the players. look at the lack of intensity defensively. look at all the one-on-one nonsense. if the knicks don't turn it around prior to the all-star break it's going to be very tough. they have a much more intense schedule-- 10 back-to-backs post all-star break with a lot of old and injured players.

I remember when woodson lost the team in atlanta, the losses were epic blowouts.....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
dk7th
USA
1/27/2013  4:58 PM
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:ok just saw the game and obviously you have to question whether woodson is slowly losing this team. it's not just THAT they lost it's HOW they lost.

focus?

leadership?

I remember when woodson lost the team in atlanta, the losses were epic blowouts.....

so if you're woodson what do you do? the post-game guys alan hahn and szerbiak here on msg were saying hey it happens and the best thing to do is to put it behind you ASAP. even mr. frazier was saying luckily this is the nba and there is no time to dwell.

i can't say i ever like to disagree with mr. frazier but i think there's something deeper at play here.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/27/2013  5:03 PM
tkf wrote:

focus?

leadership?

That is alarming. Our losses to Sacramento, chicago, phill and both to Houston were epic blowouts. Thats 5 blowouts right there

TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/27/2013  5:04 PM
gunsnewing wrote:That is alarming. Our losses to Sacramento, chicago, phill and both to Houston were epic blowouts. Thats 5 blowouts right there

If Woodson really did completely lose the team, dont you think the resulting blow out losses would be consecutive?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Caseloads
1/27/2013  5:13 PM
TeamBall wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:That is alarming. Our losses to Sacramento, chicago, phill and both to Houston were epic blowouts. Thats 5 blowouts right there

If Woodson really did completely lose the team, dont you think the resulting blow out losses would be consecutive?

lets see what happens today
DJMUSIC

1/27/2013  6:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/27/2013  6:58 PM
Caseloads wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

8.) Lakers by 6 points.

So once again...

Please, explain.

We get it.

There is too much talent on this team to get HERBED like this. TOO MUCH TALENT.

There was just crappy coaching and boneheaded plays left and right - all night, LAZY, OFF BALANCE crap jumpers and NO DEFENSE that allowed Philly to embarrass the knicks, who did a great job of embarrassing themselves.

Well said Caseloads agreed.. I could not said it better myself
thx

The poster whom is attacking post on lies seems to forget I am same Knick fan too & also very happy with this 2013 team
however like you say the Knicks has alot of Talent & my gripes is same its how knicks losing.

Getting blow_n out by div. foe again, Its unacceptable and tears down the foundation and what you're building toward the playoffs.

NYKMent.. seems to think all is great to say about the team when our team isnt playing well and hasn't played well
for majority of January and today is Jan. 27 2013. Especially at home.

You lose but if you're competing DJ is fine, however when you're not competing as teams losses to BULLs
and Rockets, plus teams mentioned it is evident when Knicks are up OR down for a game.

That crap may be ok with a > .500 record in NBA in any other city but here in this city NY this isn't acceptable when you're playing bad over a stretch and repeats same mistakes newyork fans sees during losses.

Once NY was a lead in FT and getting to the line, the Knicks don't even hit free throws when they make a rally now.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/27/2013  6:37 PM
Team hasn't been the same since Dec 17th when they were embarrassed on their homecourt a 2nd time vs Lin and the Rockets. Save to say they were shook. Went on to get blown out 3 times by the Bulls, Sac & Philly
DJMUSIC

1/27/2013  6:46 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
tkf wrote:

focus?

leadership?

That is alarming. Our losses to Sacramento, chicago, phill and both to Houston were epic blowouts. Thats 5 blowouts right there

that's correct,
very alarming. Its not like we expect NY to win every single game, not even champs HEAT win every game & we aint the heat.

Its HOW NY LOSES.

Hate to see it but last nite you all seen the game,
Knicks got down big try coming back & 76ers went up again early in 4th Qtr.

Knicks call time out & when all players went to bench their stinking heads was bowed down , shoulders low slumping to project
defeat.

I dont know about anyone else here, win lose OR draw I dont like that crap!
showing another team you're defeated before game is ended. Last time I seen that crap is from Allan Houston Knicks teams on
decline.

You play to the final buzzer , scratch claw and fighting angry in a competitive way
that's what I'm talking bout more than the losses.

If you're getting thumped and not getting angry about it but slump your shoulders ..as if depressed
then opposition feast and smile about it, You're not going to win alot of close games vs. NBA best that way!

GAME THREAD: The Return of Felton.. Knicks Vs 76ers 7:00pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy