[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Lakers Player Mutiny Against D'AnToni
Author Thread
3G4G
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4333

1/26/2013  4:32 PM
Wasn't the main reason we hired him because the Stars liked playing for him?
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/26/2013  4:34 PM
3G4G wrote:Wasn't the main reason we hired him because the Stars liked playing for him?

Donnie's biggest blunder

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/26/2013  4:38 PM
I think Donnie's biggest blunder was the JJ2 trade. Jordan Hill and that pick would have helped in the Melo trade.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

1/26/2013  4:39 PM
Anji wrote:I think Donnie's biggest blunder was the JJ2 trade. Jordan Hill and that pick would have helped in the Melo trade.

I think it was dealing Zbo and Jamal so early in the season, I don't see why they couldn't wait a while, at least until the deadline,

what was the reason for shipping those two out after 10 games?

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/26/2013  6:15 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
3G4G wrote:Wasn't the main reason we hired him because the Stars liked playing for him?

Donnie's biggest blunder

I agree. Trying to make it appear like it wasn't a mistake made his run in ny pretty mediocre.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

1/26/2013  7:06 PM
holfresh wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
holfresh wrote:I defended Isiah for many years...It came to the point where the results were the results and I had no choice to examine them..I had to man up and accept the errors of my analysis...Isiah knew talent but couldn't assemble a team to play team basketball...I manned up...

MDA is not a good coach.. He is a guy with a system that works with the perfect PG to run it...Not every PG can run it..He needs a coach on the floor to run it...Nash is old..

He goes from place to place putting up the same results and his defenders blame the players and the organization..At some point you have to look at the man...At some point reality should set in...Other coaches have won with Kobe, Gasol and Medda..Add Nash and DHow who is not the same player but is still the best center in the league, the results are still bad...What gives???..

Bill Parcells once said your are what your record says you are...

And does Armelo I took the "C" out of Closer Anthony's record say what he is? Riiiiight!

It certainly does...His scoring averages tells you he is one of the better scorers in the league...Not sure about this, but, I think he led his team(Denver) to seven 50 win seasons in the West with notable scoring sidekicks like Earl Boykins and Vershon? Leonard...When he got a decent PG, he got to the ECF...So, Do we have a decent PG??..Check!!!..Are we on the road to 50 wins?? Double Check!!!...ECF??,The big dance???, a possible ring???..Check back later!!!

Do people play basketball for Regular Season greatness? Last time I did CHECK it apperared the goal was winning an NBA championship.

Melo one trip to the WCF
MDA one trip to the WCF

CHECK that.

Well it's a team game..If your team isn't good then most likely u wont go deep into the playoffs..But if u want to put that on Melo's shoulders ok...

Well you were willing to put the completely dysfunctional Knicks teams on MDA's shoulders too. And I was just pointing out your own Bill Parcells quote applies to Melo as much as it does to MDA, problem is you can't deal with it.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/26/2013  8:35 PM
loweyecue wrote:Do people play basketball for Regular Season greatness? Last time I did CHECK it apperared the goal was winning an NBA championship.

Melo one trip to the WCF
MDA one trip to the WCF

CHECK that.

Actually MDA got to the WCF's twice. 2004-05 and in 2005-06.

PHX 	2004–05 62-20 .756 1st in Pacific  Lost in Conf. Finals
PHX 2005–06 54-28 .659 1st in Pacific Lost in Conf. Finals
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/26/2013  8:43 PM
That was a long time ago. Nash, Amare, Joe johnson, Diaw and Marion in their prime
nixluva
USA
1/26/2013  8:51 PM
gunsnewing wrote:That was a long time ago. Nash, Amare, Joe johnson, Diaw and Marion in their prime

One of those was minus Johnson and Amare. If you think he had a loaded team when he got to the WCF's with only Nash, Marion and Diaw, you're nuts. That was some great coaching. No one over 6-9 and they still almost got to the finals.

The truth has always been that when players buy into what he's coaching they can find success. You can always find a star player not willing to take the responsibility for his poor play or lack of effort. That's doesn't mean the coach can't do his job. Sometimes players just block a coach out and he can't get them to listen. GOOD coaches have that happen all the time.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/26/2013  9:59 PM
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:That was a long time ago. Nash, Amare, Joe johnson, Diaw and Marion in their prime

One of those was minus Johnson and Amare. If you think he had a loaded team when he got to the WCF's with only Nash, Marion and Diaw, you're nuts. That was some great coaching. No one over 6-9 and they still almost got to the finals.

The truth has always been that when players buy into what he's coaching they can find success. You can always find a star player not willing to take the responsibility for his poor play or lack of effort. That's doesn't mean the coach can't do his job. Sometimes players just block a coach out and he can't get them to listen. GOOD coaches have that happen all the time.

It's too bad players keep blocking him out. However, players also keep saying he doesn't communicate with them. It's amazing that he keeps having the same struggles follow him but they are not his fault.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
3G4G
Member: #4333

1/26/2013  10:55 PM
Less Scoring From Kobe better for Lakers.....DUHHHH!!

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8884925/los-angeles-lakers-coach-mike-dantoni-says-kobe-bryant-assists-looked-sacrificing

loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

1/26/2013  11:15 PM
nixluva wrote:
loweyecue wrote:Do people play basketball for Regular Season greatness? Last time I did CHECK it apperared the goal was winning an NBA championship.

Melo one trip to the WCF
MDA one trip to the WCF

CHECK that.

Right Nix, my bad

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
nixluva
USA
1/27/2013  2:56 AM
loweyecue wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Melo one trip to the WCF
MDA one trip to the WCF

CHECK that.

Right Nix, my bad

It's easy to forget with all the bad press this guy gets since he came to NY and had his name dragged thru the mud. NO ONE could've won a lot during those 1st 2 years in NY. Over 60 different players in his stint here is an unprecedented amount of turnover. Soon as we had a decent PG the team had a winning season.

This stuff in LA is hard. He had to deal with Kobe, Pau and D12 egos and not having Nash for much of the season on top of that. I think if Kobe continues to buy into being a leader and helping his teammates to get off things can work out much better for that team. They suffer from the same things that are hurting the Knicks. Too much going solo. Melo and JR jack up shots and then all the role players play worse. It's the same reason the Knicks played great after MDA left, cuz Melo played hard and led his team by example. When he does that the team is better. When he's going ISO and taking most of the shots it's not good. Especially when JR does it too.

nixluva
USA
1/27/2013  6:21 PM
2 really good games for the Lakers where the Kobe, Pau, D12 and Nash all worked together as a TEAM. Kobe again being REAL LEADER has looked to make the game easier for his teammates.

Kobe with 21pts, 14 asts & 9 rebs against the Thunder.

Like i've been saying for years, it is paramount that the teams best player BUYS IN to what the coach is asking the team to do. All of a sudden it's working and no one is complaining. All of a sudden they can play MDA's style and win and Pau can succeed playing this way as well as D12 etc. When they stop resisting and actually buy in it's amazing how much better things work. All of a sudden the team defends harder and everyone is pulling for each other.

CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
2/2/2013  9:13 AM
nixluva wrote:2 really good games for the Lakers where the Kobe, Pau, D12 and Nash all worked together as a TEAM. Kobe again being REAL LEADER has looked to make the game easier for his teammates.

Kobe with 21pts, 14 asts & 9 rebs against the Thunder.

Like i've been saying for years, it is paramount that the teams best player BUYS IN to what the coach is asking the team to do. All of a sudden it's working and no one is complaining. All of a sudden they can play MDA's style and win and Pau can succeed playing this way as well as D12 etc. When they stop resisting and actually buy in it's amazing how much better things work. All of a sudden the team defends harder and everyone is pulling for each other.

A teams best player always has to buy in order for any coach to attain success. The problem with MDA is that he needs specific types of players in order to be successful and it's no in LA LA land. MDA said it was a mistake to come to NY and will be saying the same thing in the future about L.A.

Big problem when Kobe has to play like Oscar Robertson for them to win.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
OT: Lakers Player Mutiny Against D'AnToni

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy