Member: #4333

1/25/2013  3:11 PM
Chris Broussard reports on Sports Center

Obvious suspects...

Dwight
Gasol
Jamison
Metta

Kobe is the main one trying to kindle the fire between coach and roster....Dwight more then likely exodus if D'AnToni remains past this year. Wow who would have ever imagined Kobe hitching himself to D'AnToni in a season of monumental failure. He really must have endorsed him as coach and of course every since the D'AnToni hire he's been shooting as if he's trying to make his arms fall off.

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/25/2013  3:14 PM
Maybe their 4th coach this year will be a magician
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/25/2013  5:46 PM
Inmates are running it now.
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
1/25/2013  6:05 PM
I'd take Dwight and Gasol off the Lakers hands.
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/25/2013  6:20 PM
Even Kobe said they have to make changes to how they run their offense. Reports I have read say dantoni is unwilling.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
1/25/2013  7:27 PM
I wonder if this means Bickerstaff and Jordan get to sit on the bench again.
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

1/25/2013  7:29 PM
I don't know why MDA keeps going to these big market teams, they eat him up like a little anchovie,

MDA is made for a smaller market and for more modest players

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/25/2013  7:35 PM
I like having Chandler more than if we had Gasol or Dwight. , call me a homer but Chandler plays better d than either of them. Ironically, he would be a better fit for Lakers to run the PnR with. Howard is just not getting it done. We have two bigs that are better at PnR than the Lakers bigs, how crazy is that.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
CrushAlot
USA
1/25/2013  7:45 PM
I think this reflects well on the guys on the Knicks. They were in the same situation last year and guys still supported mike. Things changed dramatically for the better once he resigned. The fact that Nash and Kobe are in that locker room and this is still happening speaks to how bad things are.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/25/2013  7:48 PM
Oh boy, Nix is going to have to go straighten out the Lakers Locker Room.

FIRE UP THE MS EXCEL!!!!!!!'

ROFL

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/25/2013  7:50 PM
Did D'Antoni have an offseason to gel with his Lakers team? No. Was D'Antoni thrown into the fire on an awful Lakers team? Yes. Why was Mike Brown fired? Because these same Lakers players were playing awful both before and now after D'Antoni.

One thing I respect about D'Antoni? Is that he's not scared of an ugly situation. When he took over the Knicks we were in salary cap hell. An awful franchise. Lack of talent/depth and as a head coach? D'Antoni was forced to scrap, turnover, scrap and turnover his roster(s) each and every season. No coach in the NBA played let alone started more players than D'Antoni during his tenure with the Knicks.

Was he the right fit for our city/team? Not a chance. Did he coach us during rebuilding mode? Without question.

Iman Shumpert. J.R Smith. Carmelo Anthony. Steve Novak. Amar'e Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler. Even Raymond Felton returned to our Knicks this season, thanks to his career year under D'Antoni back in 2010-2011.

Say what you say about how we got these players, but fact's are fact's. We got these players under Mike D'Antoni. None were here when Mike arrived but all were added under D'Antoni's coaching.

He coached us to our first postseason appearance since 2003-2004. And now we're on the verge of 3 consecutive trips to the postseason. I love coach Woodson, but D'Antoni had to lose in order for a chance to win as our Knicks head coach. Had to build up our core group of players. Coach Woodson on the other hand? Has been blessed with a 'win now' roster. Our core group of players were already here once Woodson took over.

I do believe Woodson is the much better coach for our team, but let's not act as if it's D'Antoni's fault on why the Lakers are awful. They were bad before Antoni. They are bad during D'Antoni. Sounds like the players. Not the head coach.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/25/2013  7:51 PM
It's funny how Mda had a meeting about keeping everything in house but yet Magic is breaking down the meeting.
3G4G
Member: #4333

1/25/2013  7:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I think this reflects well on the guys on the Knicks. They were in the same situation last year and guys still supported mike. Things changed dramatically for the better once he resigned. The fact that Nash and Kobe are in that locker room and this is still happening speaks to how bad things are.

Amar'e and Chandler both made several comments last year...."Guys Aren't/Weren't Buying In"...so I wouldn't call that support at all. There's a reason he quit and trust me some of the players or a player broke his spirit.

CrushAlot
USA
1/25/2013  8:07 PM
3G4G wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I think this reflects well on the guys on the Knicks. They were in the same situation last year and guys still supported mike. Things changed dramatically for the better once he resigned. The fact that Nash and Kobe are in that locker room and this is still happening speaks to how bad things are.

Amar'e and Chandler both made several comments last year...."Guys Aren't/Weren't Buying In"...so I wouldn't call that support at all. There's a reason he quit and trust me some of the players or a player broke his spirit.

Interesting that its happening again before he has even been there for half a season. I started reading the la times occasionally and i can tell you that he is getting killed in the press.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/25/2013  8:13 PM
Throwback thread. My goodness.

dantoni new coach of Lakers
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=43189&page=1

TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/25/2013  8:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Interesting that its happening again before he has even been there for half a season. I started reading the la times occasionally and i can tell you that he is getting killed in the press.

Thats pretty interesting because the NY press never once criticized D'antoni when he was here (Stephen A might have been the only one). They focused all that negativity on Melo.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
sidsanders
Member: #2426

1/25/2013  8:31 PM
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Thats pretty interesting because the NY press never once criticized D'antoni when he was here (Stephen A might have been the only one). They focused all that negativity on Melo.

you sure? its not like anthony and dantoni were here at the same time and for the same length of time.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/25/2013  8:36 PM
sidsanders wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
3G4G wrote:

you sure? its not like anthony and dantoni were here at the same time and for the same length of time.

You're right I should have been more specific. He did get a pass his first couple of years here though because of the roster we gave him. I should have said last season he didnt get criticism when I thought he deserved a lot of it.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Mray20
Member: #3138

1/25/2013  9:25 PM
Wow this all doesn't seem familiar, and yet there are still some who continue to make excuses for Dantoni and defend him
No layups!
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/25/2013  9:55 PM
Mray20 wrote:Wow this all doesn't seem familiar, and yet there are still some who continue to make excuses for Dantoni and defend him

Amazing isn't it..

OT: Lakers Player Mutiny Against D'AnToni

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy