cooch2584 wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:smith and melo combine for 14-44 32%

rest of team 18-39 for 46%

if celtics take care of the ball the last couple of possessions lets face it they win.

so we are waiting for felton to help melo and smith get better shots right?

Co-sign, those aren't winning Adobe Grid Fillers.

Boston should appeal in the National Fantasy League.

*Mean While in the NBA*

Tough game, Celtics play great defense and play us tough all the time.

But knicks win, knics win, kincks win.

Can't wait til Felton is back.

look at my sig-- it's not that you win it's how you win.

you may not see that as relevant because you are living in the moment like many others in the knick fanbase.

me? i project what i see onto the playoffs and i don't see us winning a second round series.

who is living in a fantasy world?

The guy who thinks Stat lines win games.

#Knicktape

At our valley we are still better than most, why don't you suck on that and wonder where we will be when we start to peek.

if he put up the statline i wanted to see the knicks would have trounced the celtics. instead he continues to put up a ton of bad shots. bad shots are as bad as turnovers as we saw when the celtics converted at the other end of several of those bad shots. bad shots don't show up in the stat sheet but i counted at least 5 probably 7 or 8.

how many bad shots did he take last night by your account? and is there any connection between the closeness of the game and those bad shots?

Knicks won, take your stat obsession elsewhere. No one cares.

Where does the logic that bad shots are just as bad as turnovers come from? What kind of logic is that? WTF Are you kidding me?

it's empirical evidence. no logic necessary unless you did not watch the game. look at the game logs if you can't remember what actually happened.

long bad shots lead to long rebounds and create a semi-break for the opponent. getting stuffed at the rim leads to a quick outlet and 5 on 4 or 4 on 3. this happened a few times during the game and at the end. it's how boston got back in the game and how the momentum swung in their favor during the game. good teams are opportunistic on mistakes.

this sort of phenomenon is what leads to early exits and underachievement.

Yes sir spin doctor. LOL its a joke the way you and your alter ego twists things.Knicks win and I dont care how, a win is a win.

yes you are definitely a creature of the moment. you: a win is a win.

me: it's not THAT you win it's HOW you win.

enjoy the regular-season wins even if the team does not look like an ECF team. and of course if all you really want is to make the playoffs congrats. other people might have higher expectations. hope that's ok with you.

I ask again, did you watch the game? One of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen posted here,
if he put up the statline i wanted to see the knicks would have trounced the celtics
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/25/2013  1:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:

if celtics take care of the ball the last couple of possessions lets face it they win.

*Mean While in the NBA*

you may not see that as relevant because you are living in the moment like many others in the knick fanbase.

me? i project what i see onto the playoffs and i don't see us winning a second round series.

#Knicktape

At our valley we are still better than most, why don't you suck on that and wonder where we will be when we start to peek.

if he put up the statline i wanted to see the knicks would have trounced the celtics. instead he continues to put up a ton of bad shots. bad shots are as bad as turnovers as we saw when the celtics converted at the other end of several of those bad shots. bad shots don't show up in the stat sheet but i counted at least 5 probably 7 or 8.

how many bad shots did he take last night by your account? and is there any connection between the closeness of the game and those bad shots?

Where does the logic that bad shots are just as bad as turnovers come from? What kind of logic is that? WTF Are you kidding me?

it's empirical evidence. no logic necessary unless you did not watch the game. look at the game logs if you can't remember what actually happened.

long bad shots lead to long rebounds and create a semi-break for the opponent. getting stuffed at the rim leads to a quick outlet and 5 on 4 or 4 on 3. this happened a few times during the game and at the end. it's how boston got back in the game and how the momentum swung in their favor during the game. good teams are opportunistic on mistakes.

Yes sir spin doctor. LOL its a joke the way you and your alter ego twists things.Knicks win and I dont care how, a win is a win.

enjoy the regular-season wins even if the team does not look like an ECF team. and of course if all you really want is to make the playoffs congrats. other people might have higher expectations. hope that's ok with you.

I ask again, did you watch the game? One of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen posted here,
if he put up the statline i wanted to see the knicks would have trounced the celtics

when people ask me if i watched the game i have to conclude they don't look for the same things while watching as i do.

let me ask you something: how many bad shots did melo take last night? and how many of those bad shots led to an easy celtics score?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

1/25/2013  1:18 PM
I'm not taking anything away from this win, guys,

at the same time, Melo shot 11-28 and we barely squeeked by a sub-500, 8th place team on a four-game losing streak,

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/25/2013  1:29 PM
dk7th wrote:
when people ask me if i watched the game i have to conclude they don't look for the same things while watching as i do.

let me ask you something: how many bad shots did melo take last night? and how many of those bad shots led to an easy celtics score?

I asked you some other stuff earlisr in the thread as well.
Did you watch the game? Celts played great d in a playoff type atmosphere. Doc called Melo the second best scorer in the league. Celts were keyed in on him. You can't suggest stats a guy should put up and expect it to happen. Players and coaches have to react to the game. That is why you watch games and don't create analysis based on a box score. Personally, I thought last nights game was won of the best wins in a long time.

In regards to your question, I have no idea how many bad shots Melo took. The one that stood out for me was the air ball he threw up in the final minute of the game. But I would be lying if I didn't say that during the game I am focused in on the action and my response to what is going on is emotional. But I an also not trying to find faults with Melo.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/25/2013  1:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2013  1:42 PM
Seriously guys, Melo didn't make the pass to JR for the three that won the game. He isn't playing defense, and he just plain suhuhhhcks.

And really, the Celtics are just another douche team in our crappy division who just happened to win a chip a little while ago and bounced us out of the playoffs two years ago as well.

And so what if we haven't won in their building in the last 10 years or so? WTF does that mean?

And so what if Melo's being written up for having composure or being in the MVP discussion or some stupid streak of 20 point games?

I think it would have done us good to lose this game and move on to the Sixers.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/25/2013  1:42 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:

*Mean While in the NBA*

#Knicktape

And again dk7th/tfk doesnt answer when confronted with a direct question. Their best defense is to answer a question with a question. AGAIN dk7th/tkf, did you watch the game?? Yes or no.

cooch2584

1/25/2013  1:43 PM
jrodmc wrote:Seriously guys, Melo didn't make the pass to JR for the three that won the game. He isn't playing defense, and he just plain suhuhhhcks.

And really, the Celtics are just another douche team in our crappy division who just happened to win a chip a little while ago and bounced us out of the playoffs two years ago as well.

And so what if we haven't won in their building in the last 10 years or so? WTF does that mean?

And so what if Melo's being written up for having composure or being in the MVP discussion or some stupid streak of 20 point games?

HILARIOUS. Thank you Jrod

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/25/2013  1:51 PM
jrodmc wrote:Seriously guys, Melo didn't make the pass to JR for the three that won the game. He isn't playing defense, and he just plain suhuhhhcks.

Especially if Melo's stat line was better.

jrodmc
USA
1/25/2013  1:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Especially if Melo's stat line was better.

Or he had managed to tell Doc Rivers that KG's mama's arse smells like low tide in Newark, and then shoved a cigar up PP's butt on the way out of the arena.

cooch2584

1/25/2013  1:56 PM
Well, dk7th/tkf did you watch the game last night? A simple question,a simple answer is required.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
1/25/2013  1:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2013  2:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Did you watch the game? Celts played great d in a playoff type atmosphere. Doc called Melo the second best scorer in the league. Celts were keyed in on him. You can't suggest stats a guy should put up and expect it to happen. Players and coaches have to react to the game. That is why you watch games and don't create analysis based on a box score. Personally, I thought last nights game was won of the best wins in a long time.

In regards to your question, I have no idea how many bad shots Melo took. The one that stood out for me was the air ball he threw up in the final minute of the game. But I would be lying if I didn't say that during the game I am focused in on the action and my response to what is going on is emotional. But I an also not trying to find faults with Melo.

yes i watched the game.

i heard kerr say that melo was the 2nd best but if doc said so too then good for melo. celts were keyed in on him as in crowding him-- rondo did, johnson did. melo had a better time of it when green was guarding him that's for sure. personally last night's win was not convincing to me as to the real stature of this team. they have really proven nothing and should remain open to critique until they reach the mountaintop-- for me that is how closely they resemble an ECF team.

right now 1.5 games separate the knicks from 5th place.

if you are not watching how many bad shots melo took then what are you watching-- how many shots he made? i critique all players when they make mistakes, it just so happens that melo's flaws are more glaring because of his history of underachievement. for instance bad shots are basically taking away good shots from teammates. and i have emotions when i watch the game-- what fan doesn't?-- in fact i often say "that was beautiful" or "pretty" when melo does something good like a couple of those drives he made or a calm jumpshot. but then i also say "that was a bad shot" and then "godammit" when the celtics get an easy bucket on the other end.

my assertion is that the more successful playoff teams play tighter games in terms of making fewer mistakes and making good decisions.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
cooch2584

1/25/2013  2:00 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

yes i watched the game.
i heard kerr say that melo was the 2nd best but if doc said so too then good for melo. celts were keyed in on him as in crowding him-- rondo did, johnson did. melo had a better time of it when green was guarding him that's for sure. personally last night's win was not convincing to me as to the real stature of this team. they have really proven nothing and should remain open to critique until they reach the mountaintop-- for me that is how closely they resemble an ECF team.

if you are not watching how many bad shots melo took then what are you watching-- how many shots he made? i critique all players when they make mistakes, it just so happens that melo's flaws are more glaring because of his history of underachievement. for instance bad shots are basically taking away good shots from teammates. and i have emotions when i watch the game-- what fan doesn't?-- in fact i often say "that was beautiful" or "pretty" when melo does something good like a couple of those drives he made or a calm jumpshot. but then i also say "that was a bad shot" and then "godammit" when the celtics get an easy bucket on the other end.

my assertion is that the more successful playoff teams play tighter games in terms of making fewer mistakes and making good decisions.

dk7th/tkf,did you watch the game?

cooch2584

1/25/2013  2:01 PM
cooch2584 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

yes i watched the game.

dk7th/tkf,did you watch the game?

Yes or no.

cooch2584

1/25/2013  2:02 PM
All we ask for is an answer.
jrodmc
USA
1/25/2013  2:18 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
NUPE wrote:
tkf wrote:THIS was a sloppy game filled with too many iso's and bad shots.. Rondo was the best player on the floor by far..

The celtics look like a team that won't make the playoffs, and the knicks look like a certain first round exit..

just not good basketball... wow... but we will take the win...

I want to add that stat looked good. nice game for him!

It was playoff style basketball. Both teams played excellent defense. As always, you are quick to bring out the hate. The Knicks are 12 games over .500 at this point and second in the East. Amar'e and Shumpert get better each game. Felton is on his way back which will reduce iso and improve the offense. Clearly, there are more reasons to expect improvement rather than doom and gloom.

Nope, f that. Certain first round exit I say ! Good day to you sir , lol

+1 ramtour!!

Winner of the Lost in the Post Weeds Award for the month of January!

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/25/2013  2:54 PM
jrodmc wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
NUPE wrote:
tkf wrote:THIS was a sloppy game filled with too many iso's and bad shots.. Rondo was the best player on the floor by far..

The celtics look like a team that won't make the playoffs, and the knicks look like a certain first round exit..

just not good basketball... wow... but we will take the win...

I want to add that stat looked good. nice game for him!

It was playoff style basketball. Both teams played excellent defense. As always, you are quick to bring out the hate. The Knicks are 12 games over .500 at this point and second in the East. Amar'e and Shumpert get better each game. Felton is on his way back which will reduce iso and improve the offense. Clearly, there are more reasons to expect improvement rather than doom and gloom.

Nope, f that. Certain first round exit I say ! Good day to you sir , lol

+1 ramtour!!

Winner of the Lost in the Post Weeds Award for the month of January!

Thank you, great to hear props from a master like yourself.

At this point its just funny. Really humorous as is, I didn't have to add much at all.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Game Thread: NY Knicks @ BOS Celtics - 8PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy