[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: NY Knicks @ BOS Celtics - 8PM
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/24/2013  11:59 PM
Anji wrote:I'd give the Game Ball to Woodson. He got those guys to play the Zone like their life depended on it in the 2nd quarter, really saved the game for us.
That was fun to watch.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/25/2013  12:01 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Anji wrote:I'd give the Game Ball to Woodson. He got those guys to play the Zone like their life depended on it in the 2nd quarter, really saved the game for us.
That was fun to watch.

Yep you have to change it up against teams like Chicago, Indy Boston and Brooklyn who have already beaten you

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/25/2013  12:04 AM
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:
dk7th wrote:smith and melo combine for 14-44 32%

rest of team 18-39 for 46%

if celtics take care of the ball the last couple of possessions lets face it they win.

so we are waiting for felton to help melo and smith get better shots right?

Co-sign, those aren't winning Adobe Grid Fillers.

Boston should appeal in the National Fantasy League.

*Mean While in the NBA*

Tough game, Celtics play great defense and play us tough all the time.

But knicks win, knics win, kincks win.

Can't wait til Felton is back.

look at my sig-- it's not that you win it's how you win.

you may not see that as relevant because you are living in the moment like many others in the knick fanbase.

me? i project what i see onto the playoffs and i don't see us winning a second round series.

who is living in a fantasy world?

The guy who thinks Stat lines win games.

#Knicktape

At our valley we are still better than most, why don't you suck on that and wonder where we will be when we start to peek.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/25/2013  12:10 AM
The idea that MDA couldn't figure out how to use STAT and Melo is really a bit odd to me. For one thing the real issue was a lack of a capable PG and when he did get a capable PG you could at least see some semblance of flow. Also you MUST have your best player buy into the TEAM BALL concept. Melo wasn't doing that and then early this year Melo was much better at playing team ball as was JR. Both have slipped back into selfish BB tendencies. That is what is kind of happening in LA. Kobe is going solo, Dwight is being a bitch and it just makes the game harder for the role players to fit in around what should be a well executed game plan by the teams best players. However, if D12 doesn't want to set picks for Nash and Kobe wants to take 25-30 shots then your role players don't know where to fit in and you have a mess. It always starts with players buying in and trusting the game plan and a team concept. When players get selfish it makes you look bad.

My problem with Woody is that he's not controlling JR or Melo but rather letting them play selfish BB. That's why things haven't been as smooth as they were earlier in the year. Whenever they do actually pass the ball, like on that 3pt'er off a pass from Melo to Kidd to JR, that was good BB. If you execute like that every time then you open up even more options for STAT and Tyson down low.
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2013  12:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2013  12:14 AM
Woodson went 18-6 with Davis and Bibby at PG. Dantoni was fired because the team collapsed again after Linsanity peaked ad Melo and Amare returned. He couldn't get those 3 to play together. Woodson took over and went 6-1 with those same 3. 18-6 overall

Completely agree with the 2nd part of your post though

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/25/2013  12:28 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:bad shot by melo he had guys wide open

he really did.

That is the diff. Pierce makes that pass.

No, Pierce turns the ball over! Hehehe

true.

btw, Selfish Melo woulda held that ball so that he would get fouled.

Papabear Says

Without Melo we would have lost the game!!

Papabear
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/25/2013  12:30 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Woodson went 18-6 with Davis and Bibby at PG. Dantoni was fired because the team collapsed again after Linsanity peaked ad Melo and Amare returned. He couldn't get those 3 to play together. Woodson took over and went 6-1 with those same 3. 18-6 overall

I repeat MELO wasn't really trying to make it work. You have to have the support of your teams best player. Do we have to go over this again and again before someone will acknowledge that Melo wasn't giving it his all as he openly admitted? He then went to the Olympics and did EXACTLY what MDA was asking him to do. It's not even a question that Melo wasn't doing everything he could to make it work. If you have any teams best player who handles the ball at a high rate just simply not trying to fit into the team concept it's not gonna work. Also we saw Melo's overall effort level on both ends pick up, which was a HUGE change and that happened even before a single practice had taken place. It was just a decision by Melo to try harder, with no technical changes by Woody made.

It's a really simple thing. If you're a great offensive coach that has a history of having a top of the league efficient offense, you don't forget how to coach. You need willing participants from your best players. ie everyone bought in during Linsanity and as soon as Melo came back that went away cuz you can't have your top player just refusing to buy in. It's that simple.

This year Melo started off really buying in and so was JR. They've both slipped into selfish BB and that along with Felton being out has made things worse. Hopefully they can get it back.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/25/2013  12:31 AM
Quietly the defense for the Knicks has picked up the last 4-5 games.
Papabear

1/25/2013  12:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2013  12:50 AM

if celtics take care of the ball the last couple of possessions lets face it they win.

Papabear Says

Ha Ha Well if JR Smith made his shots in the first half we would have blew them out. Would have could have, should have don't make since!!! It's who won the game?? We the Knicks did.

Papabear
gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2013  12:42 AM
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Woodson went 18-6 with Davis and Bibby at PG. Dantoni was fired because the team collapsed again after Linsanity peaked ad Melo and Amare returned. He couldn't get those 3 to play together. Woodson took over and went 6-1 with those same 3. 18-6 overall

I repeat MELO wasn't really trying to make it work. You have to have the support of your teams best player. Do we have to go over this again and again before someone will acknowledge that Melo wasn't giving it his all as he openly admitted? He then went to the Olympics and did EXACTLY what MDA was asking him to do. It's not even a question that Melo wasn't doing everything he could to make it work. If you have any teams best player who handles the ball at a high rate just simply not trying to fit into the team concept it's not gonna work. Also we saw Melo's overall effort level on both ends pick up, which was a HUGE change and that happened even before a single practice had taken place. It was just a decision by Melo to try harder, with no technical changes by Woody made.

It's a really simple thing. If you're a great offensive coach that has a history of having a top of the league efficient offense, you don't forget how to coach. You need willing participants from your best players. ie everyone bought in during Linsanity and as soon as Melo came back that went away cuz you can't have your top player just refusing to buy in. It's that simple.

This year Melo started off really buying in and so was JR. They've both slipped into selfish BB and that along with Felton being out has made things worse. Hopefully they can get it back.

Is Kobe out to sabotage Dantoni's system as well?

Papabear

1/25/2013  12:44 AM
dk7th wrote:
Anji wrote:

Co-sign, those aren't winning Adobe Grid Fillers.

Boston should appeal in the National Fantasy League.

*Mean While in the NBA*

Tough game, Celtics play great defense and play us tough all the time.

But knicks win, knics win, kincks win.

Can't wait til Felton is back.

look at my sig-- it's not that you win it's how you win.

you may not see that as relevant because you are living in the moment like many others in the knick fanbase.

me? i project what i see onto the playoffs and i don't see us winning a second round series.

who is living in a fantasy world?

Papabear Says

You are living in a fantasy world. Hell the Knicks haven't won a first round in over 13 years so whats the big deal? I would be happy if we get to the second round. As for us winning it all. yes I want that most of all so stop putting demand on this team like that. You should be happy for what we've done so far. Stop hating.

Papabear
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/25/2013  12:45 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Is Kobe out to sabotage Dantoni's system as well?

It's Kobe, Dwight, Pau, the weekend ball boys, 3 out of the 7 Nacho vendors, Jack Nicholas...........

Everybody but the coach that can't bend.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/25/2013  12:45 AM
nixluva wrote:The idea that MDA couldn't figure out how to use STAT and Melo is really a bit odd to me. For one thing the real issue was a lack of a capable PG and when he did get a capable PG you could at least see some semblance of flow. Also you MUST have your best player buy into the TEAM BALL concept. Melo wasn't doing that and then early this year Melo was much better at playing team ball as was JR. Both have slipped back into selfish BB tendencies. That is what is kind of happening in LA. Kobe is going solo, Dwight is being a bitch and it just makes the game harder for the role players to fit in around what should be a well executed game plan by the teams best players. However, if D12 doesn't want to set picks for Nash and Kobe wants to take 25-30 shots then your role players don't know where to fit in and you have a mess. It always starts with players buying in and trusting the game plan and a team concept. When players get selfish it makes you look bad.

My problem with Woody is that he's not controlling JR or Melo but rather letting them play selfish BB. That's why things haven't been as smooth as they were earlier in the year. Whenever they do actually pass the ball, like on that 3pt'er off a pass from Melo to Kidd to JR, that was good BB. If you execute like that every time then you open up even more options for STAT and Tyson down low.
Quotes from last nights post game show La/Memphis. Rambis, 'Lakers have no defined offense.' Worthy, 'The coach needs to talk to Kobe and tell him how he can best help the team.' Worthy, (paraphrase because I don't know the name of the park), 'You could go to ___ park and bring some guys back and they would execute better out of a time out. Lakers don't execute out of a time out."
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/25/2013  3:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2013  4:03 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:ugh this is where the lack of a real PG shines through for us.. 3 straight possessions of 1pass into 1on1 crappola by melo/jr.

So frustrating. Yet Chicago and Indiana get buy without their best players

im not trying to rag on woodson, but thibadeoux is already a top coach in this league and vogel is proving to be a stud in the making. woodson is good, but he's not a top coach, he'll never leave his mark on a team like those 2 guys will.

Woodson probably on the same level as Vogel but definitely not on Thibs level

I know it's hard to think your team or coach is any good..But u guys do know that Woody is 44-20 since taking over right??..That's winning 71% of games played..The Knicks have a better record the both Chicago and Indy and they are missing 3/5 of their starting team for a good portion of the season...Thibs is able to get his team to play harder than most during the regular season..But what does he do when other teams match his intensity during the playoffs???..So he is a great regular season coach??

VCoug
Member: #1406

1/25/2013  6:22 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:Quietly the defense for the Knicks has picked up the last 4-5 games.

Which just happens to coincide with us playing really bad offensive teams the last 4 games. Let's see what happens when we play a team with a decent offense again.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/25/2013  6:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/25/2013  6:29 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Last time we won a game in Boston was Nov 2006

And that ended tonight.

Very good team win moving forward, but Melo just led us to our first victory in Boston since 2006 with I believe 15 points off 7/15 shooting to go along with 2 boards, 1 assists and 1 steal (during the 2nd half). Melo pretty much took over the game and performed as the best overall player on the basketball court during both the 3rd and 4th quarter(s). Rondo hit his triple double with a great overall game, but Melo came up clutch during the entire 2nd half.

Melo just scored at least 20 points for the 27th straight game, third most in Knicks franchise history behind Richie Guerin's 29 and Patrick Ewing's 28.

Great team win moving forward. Big game coming up against the 76ers in Philly.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

1/25/2013  6:28 AM
I fell asleep at the half,

how did we win with Legwarmers and Melo shooting 14-44?

Good to see Amar'e have a decent game,

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/25/2013  6:34 AM
Was also really nice to see Stoudemire put up 15 points and 2 blocks. But more importantly? 9 boards off the glass. Melo, Stoudemire and Chandler put up a combined 27 boards. Would like to see 30-34 boards between these three guys combined, but we seen progress tonight. Won the battle of the boards by the count of 49-46. Allowing Rondo 10 boards was a little too much though. Amar'e had himself a very productive game.
cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/25/2013  6:36 AM

I dont know about giving the game ball to Woodson,but getting them to play that box and 1 zone in the 3rd qt was pure genius.

gunsnewing
USA
1/25/2013  7:21 AM
holfresh wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:ugh this is where the lack of a real PG shines through for us.. 3 straight possessions of 1pass into 1on1 crappola by melo/jr.

So frustrating. Yet Chicago and Indiana get buy without their best players

im not trying to rag on woodson, but thibadeoux is already a top coach in this league and vogel is proving to be a stud in the making. woodson is good, but he's not a top coach, he'll never leave his mark on a team like those 2 guys will.

Woodson probably on the same level as Vogel but definitely not on Thibs level

I know it's hard to think your team or coach is any good..But u guys do know that Woody is 44-20 since taking over right??..That's winning 71% of games played..The Knicks have a better record the both Chicago and Indy and they are missing 3/5 of their starting team for a good portion of the season...Thibs is able to get his team to play harder than most during the regular season..But what does he do when other teams match his intensity during the playoffs???..So he is a great regular season coach??

Love Woodson. Think he can be even better and distinguish himself even more

Game Thread: NY Knicks @ BOS Celtics - 8PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy