GAME THREAD: KNICKS NETS THE SEAL OF DEFEAT GAME, 1/21 3:30 (ET) HOME GAME
Author Thread
3G4G
Posts: 23485
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2012
Member: #4333

1/22/2013  4:24 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
holfresh wrote:
3G4G wrote:I think when the Grizzlies made their first decent run in the playoffs they had no Rudy Gay and Mayo was pretty much getting spot minutes. I get tired of us always trying to use the injury excuse.

U are comparing 3 starters versus 1...At some point it's not an excuse...It's a reason...What team have U seen survive 3 starts going down at the same time??

What 3 starters are you talking about? The only guy who is injured right now who you could argue for is Raymond Felton. Wallace and Camby are not difference makers.

We were actually discussing the recent play of the Knicks and 3G mentioned the Knicks were playing poorly before Felton went down...Shump and Amare are not close to what they can be...Their time on court is still limited..So of course the last three weeks we didn't look like world beaters...

Appears to me this team wasn't put together that well then to sustain injuries. I for once would like to see us do what the Bulls have done for 3 seasons of missing players to significant injuries but look like the same team every night and still remain ELITE level at least during regular season. I could even mention the Spurs too but going with the Bulls for example.


2010-2011 they lose Noah/Boozer for a 1/3 of the season that's okay they win 60+gms(Best overall record East) and push their way to ECF

2011-2012 they lose Rose for 1/3 of the season Rip for over 1/2 a season both starters.... that's okay they win 50gms(Best overall record East) and gave the Sixers a legit first round fight but experienced more injuries

2012-2013 they lose Rose for 1/2 of the season that's okay they are 3gms back for best overall record in the East


Shumpert and Amar'e both look like they've come back too early from their injuries to be honest and aren't really helping the team maybe more so hurting it at this time. We have no time or room for injury excuses our window is extremely short and shrinks ever more as each game goes by.

Came back too early from their injuries? That's for the trainers to determine. Shump hasn't played since last year and STAT just came back a few games ago. Chemistry doesn't develop overnight. You speak as though you expect them to pick up right where they left off. Real life doesn't work that way. There will be an adjustment period. They need to get used to playing together. Melo/Stat chemistry has been improving over the last 3 games. Shump has to learn as he goes.

You say also that this team wasn't built to withstand injuries...do you realize we have yet to have a completely healthy roster and we're still 2nd in the east? How many different starting lineups have we had? The injuries are starting to catch up to us now because we're injured in areas we have the biggest need: PG play and rebounding.

What's our record w/and w/out Sheed?
What's our record w/and w/out Felton?

3G4G wrote:If the absence of Felton and Sheed has us spiraling then the team wasn't put together very well. Melo said we're deep well it should show withstanding injuries

17-5 before losing Sheed
21-8 before losing Felton

Without Felton & Sheed we're playing 0.500 ball.
0.500 ball is not quite as dramatic "spiraling" it's more like surviving. Kidd was never meant to be out starting PG. Cope came from the end of the bench. Like I said, losing Felton and Sheed exaggerates our two biggest weaknesses: ball handling and rebounding...

Sheed is like 50 years old and he came out of retirement to sign with us,

If he is a critical piece I smfh,

It is spiraling when you compare recent 7-9 to 18-5 start, it's a big spiral


Notice how in his break down he never cited how "OUR SCHEDULE GOT REAL" and our "CHUCK N DUCK" has gone south since that abnormal 45-48% from downtown start?

AUTOADVERT
MinsHeartsReezy
Posts: 20766
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/12/2005
Member: #872
USA
1/23/2013  12:06 PM
3G4G wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
holfresh wrote:
3G4G wrote:I think when the Grizzlies made their first decent run in the playoffs they had no Rudy Gay and Mayo was pretty much getting spot minutes. I get tired of us always trying to use the injury excuse.

U are comparing 3 starters versus 1...At some point it's not an excuse...It's a reason...What team have U seen survive 3 starts going down at the same time??

What 3 starters are you talking about? The only guy who is injured right now who you could argue for is Raymond Felton. Wallace and Camby are not difference makers.

We were actually discussing the recent play of the Knicks and 3G mentioned the Knicks were playing poorly before Felton went down...Shump and Amare are not close to what they can be...Their time on court is still limited..So of course the last three weeks we didn't look like world beaters...

Appears to me this team wasn't put together that well then to sustain injuries. I for once would like to see us do what the Bulls have done for 3 seasons of missing players to significant injuries but look like the same team every night and still remain ELITE level at least during regular season. I could even mention the Spurs too but going with the Bulls for example.


2010-2011 they lose Noah/Boozer for a 1/3 of the season that's okay they win 60+gms(Best overall record East) and push their way to ECF

2011-2012 they lose Rose for 1/3 of the season Rip for over 1/2 a season both starters.... that's okay they win 50gms(Best overall record East) and gave the Sixers a legit first round fight but experienced more injuries

2012-2013 they lose Rose for 1/2 of the season that's okay they are 3gms back for best overall record in the East


Shumpert and Amar'e both look like they've come back too early from their injuries to be honest and aren't really helping the team maybe more so hurting it at this time. We have no time or room for injury excuses our window is extremely short and shrinks ever more as each game goes by.

Came back too early from their injuries? That's for the trainers to determine. Shump hasn't played since last year and STAT just came back a few games ago. Chemistry doesn't develop overnight. You speak as though you expect them to pick up right where they left off. Real life doesn't work that way. There will be an adjustment period. They need to get used to playing together. Melo/Stat chemistry has been improving over the last 3 games. Shump has to learn as he goes.

You say also that this team wasn't built to withstand injuries...do you realize we have yet to have a completely healthy roster and we're still 2nd in the east? How many different starting lineups have we had? The injuries are starting to catch up to us now because we're injured in areas we have the biggest need: PG play and rebounding.

What's our record w/and w/out Sheed?
What's our record w/and w/out Felton?

3G4G wrote:If the absence of Felton and Sheed has us spiraling then the team wasn't put together very well. Melo said we're deep well it should show withstanding injuries

17-5 before losing Sheed
21-8 before losing Felton

Without Felton & Sheed we're playing 0.500 ball.
0.500 ball is not quite as dramatic "spiraling" it's more like surviving. Kidd was never meant to be out starting PG. Cope came from the end of the bench. Like I said, losing Felton and Sheed exaggerates our two biggest weaknesses: ball handling and rebounding...

Sheed is like 50 years old and he came out of retirement to sign with us,

If he is a critical piece I smfh,

It is spiraling when you compare recent 7-9 to 18-5 start, it's a big spiral


Notice how in his break down he never cited how "OUR SCHEDULE GOT REAL" and our "CHUCK N DUCK" has gone south since that abnormal 45-48% from downtown start?


Who are you responding to here? Iron or Me? Because I'm a SHE, thank you.
Anyway...

Our schedule didn't get harder, was actually harder to start the season. And you wonder why we aren't hitting as many threes? It would help to have a PG that can actually penetrate and draw the defense to get us more open looks. Even if we're taking the same amount of 3's before, they were good shots because they were open and uncontested shots, but now that's not the case. Simple stuff.

Also, the record would say that we're an average team without felton and Sheed and an above average team with them. It just shows the positive impact they have. Glass half full kids.

I find it telling you both only speak of Sheed and totally ignore the point about Felton. Admittedly, Sheed has a lesser impact, but the effect of losing Felton is pretty undeniable. You can't expect us to play as well as we had been without our starting PG. If we do it's great but if we don't why would anyone be surprised. Disappointing, sure, but why is it so unfathomable?

dk7th
Posts: 25148
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/14/2012
Member: #4228
USA
1/23/2013  12:47 PM
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
3G4G wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
holfresh wrote:
3G4G wrote:I think when the Grizzlies made their first decent run in the playoffs they had no Rudy Gay and Mayo was pretty much getting spot minutes. I get tired of us always trying to use the injury excuse.

U are comparing 3 starters versus 1...At some point it's not an excuse...It's a reason...What team have U seen survive 3 starts going down at the same time??

What 3 starters are you talking about? The only guy who is injured right now who you could argue for is Raymond Felton. Wallace and Camby are not difference makers.

We were actually discussing the recent play of the Knicks and 3G mentioned the Knicks were playing poorly before Felton went down...Shump and Amare are not close to what they can be...Their time on court is still limited..So of course the last three weeks we didn't look like world beaters...

Appears to me this team wasn't put together that well then to sustain injuries. I for once would like to see us do what the Bulls have done for 3 seasons of missing players to significant injuries but look like the same team every night and still remain ELITE level at least during regular season. I could even mention the Spurs too but going with the Bulls for example.


2010-2011 they lose Noah/Boozer for a 1/3 of the season that's okay they win 60+gms(Best overall record East) and push their way to ECF

2011-2012 they lose Rose for 1/3 of the season Rip for over 1/2 a season both starters.... that's okay they win 50gms(Best overall record East) and gave the Sixers a legit first round fight but experienced more injuries

2012-2013 they lose Rose for 1/2 of the season that's okay they are 3gms back for best overall record in the East


Shumpert and Amar'e both look like they've come back too early from their injuries to be honest and aren't really helping the team maybe more so hurting it at this time. We have no time or room for injury excuses our window is extremely short and shrinks ever more as each game goes by.

Came back too early from their injuries? That's for the trainers to determine. Shump hasn't played since last year and STAT just came back a few games ago. Chemistry doesn't develop overnight. You speak as though you expect them to pick up right where they left off. Real life doesn't work that way. There will be an adjustment period. They need to get used to playing together. Melo/Stat chemistry has been improving over the last 3 games. Shump has to learn as he goes.

You say also that this team wasn't built to withstand injuries...do you realize we have yet to have a completely healthy roster and we're still 2nd in the east? How many different starting lineups have we had? The injuries are starting to catch up to us now because we're injured in areas we have the biggest need: PG play and rebounding.

What's our record w/and w/out Sheed?
What's our record w/and w/out Felton?

3G4G wrote:If the absence of Felton and Sheed has us spiraling then the team wasn't put together very well. Melo said we're deep well it should show withstanding injuries

17-5 before losing Sheed
21-8 before losing Felton

Without Felton & Sheed we're playing 0.500 ball.
0.500 ball is not quite as dramatic "spiraling" it's more like surviving. Kidd was never meant to be out starting PG. Cope came from the end of the bench. Like I said, losing Felton and Sheed exaggerates our two biggest weaknesses: ball handling and rebounding...

Sheed is like 50 years old and he came out of retirement to sign with us,

If he is a critical piece I smfh,

It is spiraling when you compare recent 7-9 to 18-5 start, it's a big spiral


Notice how in his break down he never cited how "OUR SCHEDULE GOT REAL" and our "CHUCK N DUCK" has gone south since that abnormal 45-48% from downtown start?


Who are you responding to here? Iron or Me? Because I'm a SHE, thank you.
Anyway...

Our schedule didn't get harder, was actually harder to start the season. And you wonder why we aren't hitting as many threes? It would help to have a PG that can actually penetrate and draw the defense to get us more open looks. Even if we're taking the same amount of 3's before, they were good shots because they were open and uncontested shots, but now that's not the case. Simple stuff.

Also, the record would say that we're an average team without felton and Sheed and an above average team with them. It just shows the positive impact they have. Glass half full kids.

I find it telling you both only speak of Sheed and totally ignore the point about Felton. Admittedly, Sheed has a lesser impact, but the effect of losing Felton is pretty undeniable. You can't expect us to play as well as we had been without our starting PG. If we do it's great but if we don't why would anyone be surprised. Disappointing, sure, but why is it so unfathomable?

felton may draw defenders into the lane but 75% of the time he is taking a low percentage shot because he leaves his feet all the time. hard to pass to open teammates on the perimeter that way.

the reason why things have gone south is that, having nothing to do with felton, the better defending teams are chasing us off the 3-point line and crowding us.

the proof will be when felton returns and we see if the 3-point shooting goes up again.

Dolan: I willingly and gratefully cede all power to Phil. Jackson: I believe in system basketball; I will bring back fundamentals. Fisher: We'll play the game a better way. Melo: I forced my way here. dk7th: SHOULDERGATE NO-TRADE CLAUSE 124 MILLION
yellowboy90
Posts: 28264
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/23/2011
Member: #3538

1/23/2013  1:14 PM
It's why the offense efficiency is better when Felton is on the floor than not. It's crazy how such a bad player improve the o statistically. Players even shoot better.
Anji
Posts: 25519
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 4/14/2006
Member: #1122
USA
1/23/2013  3:59 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:It's why the offense efficiency is better when Felton is on the floor than not. It's crazy how such a bad player improve the o statistically. Players even shoot better.

Because this isn't baseball, your OBA and slgging percentage isn't the only to help your team offensively.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
GAME THREAD: KNICKS NETS THE SEAL OF DEFEAT GAME, 1/21 3:30 (ET) HOME GAME

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.