GAME THREAD SPECIAL EDITION: MELO GOES TO LONDON, DROPS MAD BUCKETS
Author Thread
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/17/2013  6:02 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Its another blowout. I like how we won by moving the ball at the end. Shump is BACK, he hasn't missed a beat. Did I hear Breen saying Ray Ray is 7 -10 days away from returning? Just in time to close the season out strong. Stat killed it with 17 points, great to see him getting his legs back.

Spero Dedes not Breen.

Yeah Felton will be back Jan 24 vs Boston in a week or Jan 26 vs Philly

Is that who it was? I though Breen had a sore throat, lol.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/17/2013  6:04 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Its another blowout. I like how we won by moving the ball at the end. Shump is BACK, he hasn't missed a beat. Did I hear Breen saying Ray Ray is 7 -10 days away from returning? Just in time to close the season out strong. Stat killed it with 17 points, great to see him getting his legs back.

Spero Dedes not Breen.

Yeah Felton will be back Jan 24 vs Boston in a week or Jan 26 vs Philly

Is that who it was? I though Breen had a sore throat, lol.

thats funny

OGkush121
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4392

1/17/2013  6:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2013  6:06 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Melo really forcing it today 8pt game

What are you talking about? He's been our best overall player today.

24 points (7/18), 4 assists, 3 boards and 2 steals +11 and our Knicks are up 17 here in the 4th quarter.

P.S: Just because an NBA player misses a couple of shots here and there, doesn't mean Melo's "forcing" anything because when in actual reality; Melo LED us to victory today.

yeah guns!

7-18!

And you said he was having a bad game! Some kind of dummy you are SMH

Make that 8/19, 26 points, 4 assists, 3 boards, 2 blocks and +14.

Yea, what a "bad game" for Melo. Bunch of clueless clowns around here.

Maybe all this stuff that you post are jokes and you are being sarcastic?? If thats the case then you GOT us.

It wasn't one of Melo's better games, but some of the posters here make it out like he was terrible, when infact if it was anyone else the tone would be much different.
26,4,3,2 +14 is hardly a bad game, although yes it obviously wasn't one to rave about.

Exactly. Some of these CLUELESS punks are acting as if 8/19 is some type of "awful" shooting performance when in actual reality, Melo was the GREATEST player on the court today. There were 22 players in which played in today's game, Melo was by far the most productive player on the court today.

Is there something wrong with suggesting Melo will be better once Felton returns? Like when he was shooting 11 for 19 earlier in the year? Look at Melo's shooting percentage since Felton went down. Do you watch the games or just worry about defending Melo on this board?

there's nothing wrong with that, but some of your posts like the recent "Chamberlain dig" are uncalled for

lol show me what other posts were uncalled for?

Am I the problem for calling the game like i see it or is NYCLOWN the real problem??

with all due respect, you can call it like you see it without being a d1ck about it.
and seriously, what are you attempting to gain by calling him names the last 2 posts?
in your defense the "clueless punks" gesture wasn't nice either, but it seems to me like you want to get "into this" for some reason.

I don't wanna take a dig at anybody, but I'll say it again, you don't have to agree with people but sometimes your posts do tend to be a bit "offensive" to fans of certain players (ofcourse we're all Knick fans, but you also have player favoritism, one which I can't deny being guilty of).

Now I like to think I'm being objective, I do however see more people being overly critical of Melo than those like NYKmentality, and I can't say I particularly like it.
Instead of being happy about being in this situation with a genuine superstar and currently a top 5 player in the world playing the best Knicks basketball since before 2000 they choose to b1tch and moan because the Knicks don't have LeBron.

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/17/2013  6:09 PM
How good would Will Bynum be coming off the bench for us??
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2013  6:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2013  6:15 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

24 points (7/18), 4 assists, 3 boards and 2 steals +11 and our Knicks are up 17 here in the 4th quarter.

P.S: Just because an NBA player misses a couple of shots here and there, doesn't mean Melo's "forcing" anything because when in actual reality; Melo LED us to victory today.

yeah guns!

7-18!

Maybe all this stuff that you post are jokes and you are being sarcastic?? If thats the case then you GOT us.

It wasn't one of Melo's better games, but some of the posters here make it out like he was terrible, when infact if it was anyone else the tone would be much different.
26,4,3,2 +14 is hardly a bad game, although yes it obviously wasn't one to rave about.

Exactly. Some of these CLUELESS punks are acting as if 8/19 is some type of "awful" shooting performance when in actual reality, Melo was the GREATEST player on the court today. There were 22 players in which played in today's game, Melo was by far the most productive player on the court today.

Is there something wrong with suggesting Melo will be better once Felton returns? Like when he was shooting 11 for 19 earlier in the year? Look at Melo's shooting percentage since Felton went down. Do you watch the games or just worry about defending Melo on this board?

there's nothing wrong with that, but some of your posts like the recent "Chamberlain dig" are uncalled for

Am I the problem for calling the game like i see it or is NYCLOWN the real problem??

with all due respect, you can call it like you see it without being a d1ck about it.
and seriously, what are you attempting to gain by calling him names the last 2 posts?
in your defense the "clueless punks" gesture wasn't nice either, but it seems to me like you want to get "into this" for some reason.

I don't wanna take a dig at anybody, but I'll say it again, you don't have to agree with people but sometimes your posts do tend to be a bit "offensive" to fans of certain players (ofcourse we're all Knick fans, but you also have player favoritism, one which I can't deny being guilty of).

Now I like to think I'm being objective, I do however see more people being overly critical of Melo than those like NYKmentality, and I can't say I particularly like it.
Instead of being happy about being in this situation with a genuine superstar and currently a top 5 player in the world playing the best Knicks basketball since before 2000 they choose to b1tch and moan because the Knicks don't have LeBron.

He called me a clown and then a punk. Which is funny more than anything but what do you care? You two related?

By the way this goes on in every thread. The guy has issues. I'm not the only one who sees this either. Others have engaged in this kind of thing with him before

gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2013  6:13 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

yeah guns!

7-18!

How was i being critical of Melo when all I said is he will be better once Felton returns? Melo is our best player. Maybe if you guys pay attention to my other posts instead of nitpicking 1 thing you will understand better

cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/17/2013  6:14 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:maybe its just me but I continue to see Novak make good defensive plays

I see it too. He is not as bad as people make him out to be. He tries and is smarter than Copeland and Brewer

I dont agree if Novak is smarter that brewer or cope.Novak has had a lot more time on the court that Cope and brewer just dropped offa the planet.

gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2013  6:17 PM
Also NYKCLOWN still doesn't understand the concept of a game thread and reacting to the game play by play! Maybe he should just keep away from game threads if he is so easily riled up
cooch2584

1/17/2013  6:18 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

yeah guns!

7-18!

Oh and by the way the only CLOWN here is YOU, CLOWN!!

Oh nice come back there REALLY?? Thats like saying" Yo moma so fat shes so fat" White boys cant jump or white boys cant insult lol

cooch2584

1/17/2013  6:21 PM
cooch2584 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

yeah guns!

7-18!

Oh and by the way the only CLOWN here is YOU, CLOWN!!

Oh nice come back there REALLY?? Thats like saying" Yo moma so fat shes so fat" White boys cant jump or white boys cant insult lol

GUNS,REALLY?? that all you got? WOW

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/17/2013  6:21 PM
Missed the game how did Shump look? Can he get up and down the court like he used to? Can he sprint?

Glad Novak is getting back in the swing of things offensively, maybe this will put a lid on the trade Novak threads for a while.

gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2013  6:23 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Missed the game how did Shump look? Can he get up and down the court like he used to? Can he sprint?

Glad Novak is getting back in the swing of things offensively, maybe this will put a lid on the trade Novak threads for a while.

Looked a lot better than anyone could've ever imagined. 2 for 3 from 3's and tried to dunk over a player. Great steal in transition and finish. Was moving shockingly well on both ends!

GustavBahler

1/17/2013  6:27 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Missed the game how did Shump look? Can he get up and down the court like he used to? Can he sprint?

Looked a lot better than anyone could've ever imagined. 2 for 3 from 3's and tried to dunk over a player. Great steal in transition and finish. Was moving shockingly well on both ends!

Awesome news! That was the big question mark in the offseason and it sounds like its been answered. I hope Shump eventually returns to the starting lineup. Would also be interested in seeing a Shump/ JR backcourt at times as well. That would be a nice defensive tandem for certain situations.

OGkush121
Member: #4392

1/17/2013  6:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2013  6:31 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

yeah guns!

7-18!

He called me a clown and then a punk. Which is funny more than anything but what do you care? You two related?

By the way this goes on in every thread. The guy has issues. I'm not the only one who sees this either. Others have engaged in this kind of thing with him before

why do you feel like you need to be taking digs constantly, I'm trying to explain things the best I can without being offensive.
Yes, he can get a little jumpy at times, but it's like he's being attacked for being "overly positive" about our team, now that's funny ;).

And in response to your other reply, notice that I didn't say you were generaly being a d1ck about Carmelo like certain other posters I won't mention because I really don't have the will to go into this any further, I merely said you did write down some unnecessary things which tick certain people off. Am I mistaken?

gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2013  6:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Awesome news! That was the big question mark in the offseason and it sounds like its been answered. I hope Shump eventually returns to the starting lineup. Would also be interested in seeing a Shump/ JR backcourt at times as well. That would be a nice defensive tandem for certain situations.

Shump is already back in the starting lineup. He started today but was limited to 15mins. Felton/Shump backcourt is going to be good on both ends

gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2013  6:31 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

yeah guns!

7-18!

why do you feel like you need to be taking digs constantly, I'm trying to explain things the best I can without being offensive.
Yes, he can get a little jumpy at times, but it's like he's being attacked for being "overly positive" about our team, now that's funny ;).

And in response to your other reply, notice that I didn't say you were generaly being a d1ck about Carmelo like certain other posters I won't mention because I really don't have the will to go into this any further.

You are missing the point. He attacked ME and others. He's done this before. There is a history there. Not all about this 1 game thread

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/17/2013  6:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/17/2013  6:33 PM

In regards to Shumpert? Yes and yes. He looked fantastic (athletic-talent-ability wise). Once Shumpert gets it going, this kid is going to become something very, very special. On both sides of the court too. But his defensive ability is scary good.

In regards to Novak? I'll agree to disagree in regards to Novak getting back into the swing of things. The man's been in the swing of things all season long. Ranking 3rd in three point percentage doesn't lie. But, in the eyes of clueless Knick fans? If you're not ranked #1 in three point shooting, you're not doing your job. It's a joke at times. But yea, Novak was #1 in 3PT% last season and #3 in 3PT% here in 2012-2013. Thank god some of these Knick fans don't run our franchise because if so? We would no longer feature one of the greatest pure shooters in the game today (Novak).

gunsnewing
USA
1/17/2013  6:32 PM
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

yeah guns!

7-18!

And in response to your other reply, notice that I didn't say you were generaly being a d1ck about Carmelo like certain other posters I won't mention because I really don't have the will to go into this any further, I merely said you did write down some unnecessary things which tick certain people off. Am I mistaken?

So you think it was ok for him to call me and others clowns and punks? Not that it matters because its pretty funny and entertaining in my opinion

GustavBahler

1/17/2013  6:34 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Shump is already back in the starting lineup. He started today but was limited to 15mins. Felton/Shump backcourt is going to be good on both ends

That's great. I'm surprised that Woodson started him right off the bat, shows how much faith they have in his rehab. I agree that Felton/Shump will be very good defensively. I like Shump/JR for some of the bigger backcourts. With Shump back it gives Woodson some flexibility with his rotation.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

1/17/2013  6:35 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Shump made one play today that got me.

He got a pass from (I think) Melo behind the arc. He faked a 3 and drove the lane beating his man and forcing help. He then dished to Tyson who was left open by his man who committed to shump and Tyson got an easy dunk.

It was a play that I would love to see consistently out of JR but it just does not happen.

He also had a nice steal and really nice finish but what you won't see in the stat was how many steals he almost had.

He got beat off the dribble a couple of times but that was partly due to rust.

His offense was (VERY) surprisingly fluid. The form on his J is perfect and it was stated that the knicks shooting coach noticed that Shump was jumping to high on his jumper and that was hurting his pct/shooting efficiency. Shump stated that he is looking to show how much his J has improved with the coaching help.

VERY positive. I just get nervous with every play about him getting hurt. Lets hope that he can stay healthy.

GAME THREAD SPECIAL EDITION: MELO GOES TO LONDON, DROPS MAD BUCKETS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy