[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD, THE CHICAGO GAME RETURN OF MELO TONIGHT
Author Thread
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

1/12/2013  12:26 PM
tkf wrote:it comes off as whining.. don't you think? they just smashed your faces in for the 3rd time... who cares about him being mocked.. really? this team just amazes me... carmelo set the example with the whining and now guys are following.. what a leader!!!!

WOW....once again this is unhealthy.

Sebstar - I stand corrected

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
AUTOADVERT
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
1/12/2013  12:33 PM
TeamBall wrote:
tkf wrote:it comes off as whining.. don't you think? they just smashed your faces in for the 3rd time... who cares about him being mocked.. really? this team just amazes me... carmelo set the example with the whining and now guys are following.. what a leader!!!!

My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

1/12/2013  12:59 PM
TeamBall wrote:

Can you really say that Melo set a good example this season?

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
sebstar
USA
1/12/2013  1:00 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Melo has set a great example and we are lucky to have him. Next question.....

My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/12/2013  1:02 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Do you really think that Novak made that comment because of Melo?

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
IronWillGiroud

1/12/2013  1:02 PM
sebstar wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Really? Go back through the history books, dust them off: when was the last time a Top 5 NBA player caught feelings and chased a team bus after the game?

If Melo, god bless him, is on my team and he's my leader, what kind of message does it send that our big kahuna can so easily go off the reservation?

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
sebstar
USA
1/12/2013  1:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2013  1:14 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
sebstar wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Really? Go back through the history books, dust them off: when was the last time a Top 5 NBA player caught feelings and chased a team bus after the game?

If Melo, god bless him, is on my team and he's my leader, what kind of message does it send that our big kahuna can so easily go off the reservation?

lets go back thru the history books about other "perfect" top 5 players from the past.

Wilt and Magic exhibited extremely poor, selfish behavior involving womanizing. One eventually contracted aids.
Michael and Kobe are sociopaths when it comes to basketball, and alienated all teammates
Barkley threw fans thew plate glass windows and spit on a fan
Bird is a deadbeat dad
Shaq's is a egomaniacal loudmouth

the list goes on and on...

So no, I am not going to trip about Melo defending the honor of his family and wife by following a known instigator to the bus. I support him, as would any decent human being and true fan.

IronWillGiroud

1/12/2013  1:19 PM
sebstar wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
sebstar wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

lets go back thru the history books about other "perfect" top 5 players from the past.

Wilt and Magic exhibited extremely poor, selfish behavior involving womanizing. One eventually contracted aids.
Michael and Kobe are sociopaths when it comes to basketball, and alienated all teammates
Bird is a deadbeat dad

So no, I am not going to trip about Melo defending the honor of his family and wife by following a known instigator to the bus. I support him, as would any decent human being and true fan.

It doesn't matter if you're a ****ty person,

What matters is if you're a strong leader,

You can be a ****ty guy all you want, but if you're STRONG and you LEAD, guys will follow and respect you,

The question is NOT whether Melo is a good guy or a bad guy, the problem is that he's fragile in the mind and has so far failed to become the type of STRONG leader that you need to win a championship

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/12/2013  1:27 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
sebstar wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
sebstar wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Bird is a deadbeat dad

You can be a ****ty guy all you want, but if you're STRONG and you LEAD, guys will follow and respect you,

The question is NOT whether Melo is a good guy or a bad guy, the problem is that he's fragile in the mind and has so far failed to become the type of STRONG leader that you need to win a championship

well woodson has removed the burden of leadership off of melo's shoulders. from what i have been told it's really kidd and chandler who are the leaders, and i suppose thomas is involved in some way as well. now it seems melo needs an enforcer to back him up when someone hurts his feelings. it's not a good recipe for success. ideally you want the player who is being paid the highest salary and who has been dubbed the franchise player to actually exhibit genuine leadership skills. the knicks don't have a really ideal situation in terms of leadership.

but then with dolan as the owner it is almost impossible to expect that. it's a trickle-down issue, starting with him and emanating from the player he most coveted....

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
IronWillGiroud

1/12/2013  1:31 PM
dk7th wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
sebstar wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
sebstar wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Bird is a deadbeat dad

well woodson has removed the burden of leadership off of melo's shoulders. from what i have been told it's really kidd and chandler who are the leaders, and i suppose thomas is involved in some way as well. now it seems melo needs an enforcer to back him up when someone hurts his feelings. it's not a good recipe for success. ideally you want the player who is being paid the highest salary and who has been dubbed the franchise player to actually exhibit genuine leadership skills. the knicks don't have a really ideal situation in terms of leadership.

but then with dolan as the owner it is almost impossible to expect that. it's a trickle-down issue, starting with him and emanating from the player he most coveted....

yea true,

at the same time, no matter how much you try to offset the leadership and take it from melo's shoulders, he has to hold SOME of the burden just because he's the guy taking 30 shots for you on any given night,

You can soften the burden but you can't remove it completely,

sebstar
USA
1/12/2013  2:11 PM
sticking up for wife = not a leader or man. Got ya! Brilliant
dk7th
USA
1/12/2013  2:33 PM
sebstar wrote:sticking up for wife = not a leader or man. Got ya! Brilliant

sticking up for your wife is fine when there is nothing at stake but hurt feelings and pride as though you are playing in a pick up game.

but there is something at stake here beyond hurt feelings and because these are pros being paid to play a game you need to find a way past the impulse. in my opinion he is not entitled to fly into a tantrum until he wins a conference finals, like dr. j and jordan and miller did.

he is being paid 20 million to be a pro and he lost 175k for his display.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
sebstar
USA
1/12/2013  2:51 PM
dk7th wrote:

sticking up for your wife is fine when there is nothing at stake but hurt feelings and pride as though you are playing in a pick up game.

but there is something at stake here beyond hurt feelings and because these are pros being paid to play a game you need to find a way past the impulse. in my opinion he is not entitled to fly into a tantrum until he wins a conference finals, like dr. j and jordan and miller did.

...hmmm. So lets see, hes not allowed to stick up for his family until he goes to an NBA finals. That makes perfect sense.

But let me ask tho. He has won a national championship. Can national champions defend the honor of their wives and family? Or is it only players that have been to the finals that can stick up for their wives and family?

IronWillGiroud

1/12/2013  2:52 PM

You know that's not the issue here stop playing!

The problem is that melo crumbled like a cookie when kg said something mean to him. It's grade school behaviour out of our 28 year old franchise player

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
1/12/2013  2:58 PM
This discussion is borderline absurd. What's that saying, don't argue with stupid ppl, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
sebstar
USA
1/12/2013  3:15 PM
ramtour420 wrote:This discussion is borderline absurd. What's that saying, don't argue with stupid ppl, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.

Sounds like something i'd advise to someone else...lol. I was trying to throw their collective stupidity back in their face, but I think im just realizing the adage that when a crazy person and normal person argue, from a distance you cant tell the difference between the two.

IronWillGiroud

1/12/2013  3:30 PM
ramtour420 wrote:This discussion is borderline absurd. What's that saying, don't argue with stupid ppl, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.

So true man, thanks for bringing me back into focus

dk7th
USA
1/12/2013  4:33 PM
sebstar wrote:
dk7th wrote:

...hmmm. So lets see, hes not allowed to stick up for his family until he goes to an NBA finals. That makes perfect sense.

But let me ask tho. He has won a national championship. Can national champions defend the honor of their wives and family? Or is it only players that have been to the finals that can stick up for their wives and family?

national champions are amateurs-- ostensibly-- not earning 20 million dollars a year with a fanbase that numbers in the many millions who have been waiting 40 years for title in one of the nba's biggest markets. he wanted to be here so bad he needs to earn the adulation. he is not entitled to throw a tantrum, sorry. his act was all posturing and he remained on tilt. he couldn't shut garnett up by executing and winning. now he has to try even harder to earn respect from all the rivals we have. he didn't help his cause at all against chicago last night.

but feel free to continue to find ways to make excuses for him. like a true fan i tell it like it is. real talk.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/12/2013  6:35 PM
dk7th wrote:
sebstar wrote:
dk7th wrote:

national champions are amateurs-- ostensibly-- not earning 20 million dollars a year with a fanbase that numbers in the many millions who have been waiting 40 years for title in one of the nba's biggest markets. he wanted to be here so bad he needs to earn the adulation. he is not entitled to throw a tantrum, sorry. his act was all posturing and he remained on tilt. he couldn't shut garnett up by executing and winning. now he has to try even harder to earn respect from all the rivals we have. he didn't help his cause at all against chicago last night.

but feel free to continue to find ways to make excuses for him. like a true fan i tell it like it is. real talk.

THERES THE CLOWNIE spewing his crap again. dk7th,wheres tkf,down in the basement??lol

cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/12/2013  6:36 PM
dk7th wrote:
sebstar wrote:
dk7th wrote:

YOU ARE THE FARTHEREST THING FROM A TRUE FAN,CLOWNIE.

GAME THREAD, THE CHICAGO GAME RETURN OF MELO TONIGHT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy