[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rockets/duo had NYK number, *But still ain't sold on HOUS Jeremy Sin & James Hardened as NBA's threats:
Author Thread
KnicksFE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3561

1/10/2013  4:07 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Got it wrong? What did he get wrong? He has the youngest, lowest paid team in the league at close to .600. You wanna know the reason the Rockets are even with us in the Power Rankings? It's because they have played very well and had a much tougher schedule (and because they've been on more of an upward trajectory over the last 10 games than we have been). http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings
I am quite proud of how well Morey has gotten this team of players mostly with less than 2 years experience playing.

Totally true, when the Knicks first got Melo, we were not a very good team and it took a couple of years to surround Melo with players that fit his style and the Knicks became a very good team again. While in no way the Rockets are championship contenders today, I will not be surprise if they become one in the near future (depending of the move they make in the offseason) and considering the age of that group and their flexibility to improve (they got a lot of young players, 20 million in cap space and a few first rounders) they may stay relevant for a long time after that.

AUTOADVERT
sebstar
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #249
USA
1/10/2013  5:24 PM
KnicksFE wrote:when the Knicks first got Melo, we were not a very good team and it took a couple of years to surround Melo with players that fit his style and the Knicks became a very good team again. While in no way the Rockets are championship contenders today, I will not be surprise if they become one in the near future (depending of the move they make in the offseason) and considering the age of that group and their flexibility to improve (they got a lot of young players, 20 million in cap space and a few first rounders) they may stay relevant for a long time after that.

I get this, and its fair and reasonable. The Rockets are on to something, here. But like I said earlier, they have a long way to go in terms of acquiring the right pieces, and also for their current talent to learn how to play championship level b-ball which is not a given. We shouldnt just assume as much because they are "young".

My saliva and spit can split thread into fiber and bits/ So trust me I'm as live as it gets. --Royce Da 5'9 + DJ Premier = Hip Hop Utopia
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
1/10/2013  6:38 PM
They are in position to add a few of these players over the off-season: Chris Paul, Tiago Splitter, Taj Gibson, Nikola Pekovic, JJ Reddick, Marvin Williams, Kevin Martin, Tony Allen, Paul Millsap, Stephen Curry.

Since they're below the cap, they can also trade for players without the salaries matching.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/10/2013  10:55 PM
sebby welcome back my man
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Bonn1997
USA
1/10/2013  11:11 PM
firefly wrote:Their strategy was a success and the team is currently a contender. The Rockets are not

Do you really think there's that big a difference between being .657 in the east and .583 in the west?
KnicksFE
Member: #3561

1/11/2013  7:47 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
firefly wrote:Their strategy was a success and the team is currently a contender. The Rockets are not

Do you really think there's that big a difference between being .657 in the east and .583 in the west?

Agree, if the Rockets were in the east, they would probably be one of the top 4 teams and have home court advantage since their record against east teams is really good, I also don’t think the Knicks would be second in west, if they were in that conference. The competition is much harder there.

Bonn1997
USA
1/11/2013  9:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2013  9:29 AM
KnicksFE wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Agree, if the Rockets were in the east, they would probably be one of the top 4 teams and have home court advantage since their record against east teams is really good, I also don’t think the Knicks would be second in west, if they were in that conference. The competition is much harder there.

It's only 16 games but we're 9-7 against the west. I think we'd be behind SAS, OKC, LAC, and Memphis and be comparable to Houston and Denver. Getting out of the first round would not be easy.
NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
1/12/2013  4:56 AM
Just an aside but I don't see how the Rockets pick up Curry this year or next. Some other pieces, maybe. Harden was a terrific pickup and Lin, Parson, Asik, and Hardin barring injury, should get better and/or increase in trade value.
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/21/2013  3:45 AM

Like I maintained ALL along about the great play of skilled J.Harden & J.Lin
the way the Houston Rockets play isnt the 'Right way' to play hoops where every single facet of their rocket schemes
is off the offensive end of play solely.

Basically they aint playing the right way & told you so ,
Rockets losers of 7 straight NBA games & counting to date, with all their scorers mentality & attacking approach

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Rockets/duo had NYK number, *But still ain't sold on HOUS Jeremy Sin & James Hardened as NBA's threats:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy