GAME THREAD: Knicks vs The Lovely Celtics 7.30pm 1/7
Author Thread
cooch2584
Posts: 21361
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

1/8/2013  9:39 AM
Uptown wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:
Mray20 wrote:I thought Amare looked great tonight but they didn't give him the ball for basically the entire 4th quarter they kept launching jump shots

Amare looks like hes back. Pep in his step. Now just work him into the offense and we kick butt.

Needs to slow down and let the game come to him. He's trying so hard to pull off those new moves of his, that he's rushing a bit.

While I was watching the game with my son and Amare pulled some of those spin moves,my son and I said THATS HAKEEMS MOVE. It was so there it was funny.Amare will be fine,give him 4or 5 more games.

AUTOADVERT
MSG3
Posts: 22783
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 2/2/2009
Member: #2476
USA
1/8/2013  9:41 AM
This game really got me riled up. I might try to go up to Boston 1/24 with my brother. Good to have a rivalry.
cooch2584
Posts: 21361
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

1/8/2013  9:52 AM
While I was watching the game and kg playing dirty,I told my son someone hadda get out there and take out kg.I think an elbow to the head or a knee to the nuts,hard enuff so kg hits the ground.This team hasta establish they aint gonna take no shyt. Melo cant do that all by himself,kurt woulda done it in a instant if told to. Kurt woulda stood over kg on the ground and laughed. THIS I WOULDA LOVED TO SEE.
TeamBall
Posts: 23589
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/13/2012
Member: #4386

1/8/2013  10:06 AM
dk7th wrote:
Papabear wrote:
dk7th wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:I can't wait for Paul Pierce to retire

i love his game. he is the truth.

he's a world class talent and a HOFer - but you love his game? and you call yourself a Knicks fan? did you also love Reggie Miller's game? Alonzo Mourning's? smdh

yes i love his game. i also love garnett's game. yes i am a knick fan. it's possible to do both.

Papabear Says

Why don't you just carry your butt over and be a damn Celtics Fan. It's one thing to be upset because we lost be it seems to me you are loving it. Melo has save more game this season than lost so why don't you just be a Kevin Garnet and Paul Pierce Fan. I hat them both. Melo showed some heart and I am glad he stood up to Garnet who is one of the dirtiest players in the league. Right now it seems we have more haters on this forum than Knicks blue blood. It's getting me sick.

stop sulking. i have always admired pierce's and garnett's games. complete players are hard to find these days. it's why the celtics are still viable. i don't mind that we lost so much as how we lost. melo lacks poise and i don't see that changing. come playoff time it is going to be a factor.

What about Garnett's complete game do you admire so much? If Melo did half to the dirty stuff KG did, you would be using it as ammo.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
mrKnickShot
Posts: 28157
Alba Posts: 16
Joined: 5/3/2011
Member: #3553

1/8/2013  10:31 AM
Garnett is a first ballot top rate HOFer.

Questioning the completeness of this player is ludicrous.

He is everything a team should want in a player.

TeamBall
Posts: 23589
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/13/2012
Member: #4386

1/8/2013  10:37 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:Garnett is a first ballot top rate HOFer.

Questioning the completeness of this player is ludicrous.

He is everything a team should want in a player.

Not saying hes a bad player. KG was my favorite player growing up when he was with the Wolves. I clearly mentioned the dirty plays that I dont care for

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
mrKnickShot
Posts: 28157
Alba Posts: 16
Joined: 5/3/2011
Member: #3553

1/8/2013  10:38 AM
TeamBall wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:Garnett is a first ballot top rate HOFer.

Questioning the completeness of this player is ludicrous.

He is everything a team should want in a player.

Not saying hes a bad player. KG was my favorite player growing up when he was with the Wolves. I clearly mentioned the dirty plays that I dont care for

The knicks had dirty players that got under the opponents skin.

We loved them for it.

TeamBall
Posts: 23589
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/13/2012
Member: #4386

1/8/2013  10:41 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:Garnett is a first ballot top rate HOFer.

Questioning the completeness of this player is ludicrous.

He is everything a team should want in a player.

Not saying hes a bad player. KG was my favorite player growing up when he was with the Wolves. I clearly mentioned the dirty plays that I dont care for

The knicks had dirty players that got under the opponents skin.

We loved them for it.

Which is pretty much the point I was making with DK about how he would feel if Melo used some of KG's dirty tactics

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
RoyBatty
Posts: 20181
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/20/2011
Member: #3531

1/8/2013  10:42 AM
The game showed a few things (and which maybe Felton or Shump can provide)

a) The attacking slasher guard at the 1 or 2. The Celts could overplay us because none of our players could break their individual defender down consistently. That's why the Celts can't overplay Miami -- because of Lebron and Wade (if he's into the game). Bradley's in your face hounding only works against our type of old, slower guards; Top East guards like DWill and Rose (when back) will eat up his defense; and west guys like Westbrook and CP3. We should've compensated by turning Camby into the top of the key point PF.

b) the Pierce/Garnett PNR is their end of game go-to-play; we have to be better prepared for that.

c) a healthy Shump is a bigger upgrade right now than anything I can think off.

mrKnickShot
Posts: 28157
Alba Posts: 16
Joined: 5/3/2011
Member: #3553

1/8/2013  10:46 AM
TeamBall wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:Garnett is a first ballot top rate HOFer.

Questioning the completeness of this player is ludicrous.

He is everything a team should want in a player.

Not saying hes a bad player. KG was my favorite player growing up when he was with the Wolves. I clearly mentioned the dirty plays that I dont care for

The knicks had dirty players that got under the opponents skin.

We loved them for it.

Which is pretty much the point I was making with DK about how he would feel if Melo used some of KG's dirty tactics

Nothing Melo would/can do better or worse to change his mind. Its his locked down position.

He loved Amare since HS and no matter what Amare does wrong, he will make excuses for him.

He hates Melo because he derailed Amare from player #1 and jettisoned the coach who he liked and who liked Amare (then).

Partisanship - we all are guilty of it at times.

I try to remain impartial.

dk7th
Posts: 24574
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/14/2012
Member: #4228
USA
1/8/2013  12:31 PM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Papabear wrote:
dk7th wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:I can't wait for Paul Pierce to retire

i love his game. he is the truth.

he's a world class talent and a HOFer - but you love his game? and you call yourself a Knicks fan? did you also love Reggie Miller's game? Alonzo Mourning's? smdh

yes i love his game. i also love garnett's game. yes i am a knick fan. it's possible to do both.

Papabear Says

Why don't you just carry your butt over and be a damn Celtics Fan. It's one thing to be upset because we lost be it seems to me you are loving it. Melo has save more game this season than lost so why don't you just be a Kevin Garnet and Paul Pierce Fan. I hat them both. Melo showed some heart and I am glad he stood up to Garnet who is one of the dirtiest players in the league. Right now it seems we have more haters on this forum than Knicks blue blood. It's getting me sick.

stop sulking. i have always admired pierce's and garnett's games. complete players are hard to find these days. it's why the celtics are still viable. i don't mind that we lost so much as how we lost. melo lacks poise and i don't see that changing. come playoff time it is going to be a factor.

What about Garnett's complete game do you admire so much? If Melo did half to the dirty stuff KG did, you would be using it as ammo.

i could do without that level of pushing and shoving in the regular season especially but that's the essence of playoff basketball. you need to maintain composure and execute. celtics without rondo were still able to send a message, the same message that chicago and memphis have sent.

melo just has to learn to deal with it. if not, he will revert to the inefficient scorer that hurts his teams' chances. last night he became unhinged and his sticking up for stoudemire was nice but not his true motivation for getting back at garnett. he was reacting not responding. going to the celtics locker room and then going out to the bus is most decidedly NOT leadership its closer to a tantrum.

it is a major concern that the celtics will have both rondo and that kid bradley harassing us and pushing us out beyond the 3-point line.

you have to hope that shumpert is ready and raring to go so we can return the favor

Dolan: I willingly and gratefully cede all power to Phil. Jackson: I believe in system basketball; I will bring back fundamentals. Fisher: We'll play the game a better way. Melo: I believe in Phil. dk7th: SHOULDERGATE NO-TRADE CLAUSE 124 MILLION
dk7th
Posts: 24574
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/14/2012
Member: #4228
USA
1/8/2013  12:37 PM
TeamBall wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:Garnett is a first ballot top rate HOFer.

Questioning the completeness of this player is ludicrous.

He is everything a team should want in a player.

Not saying hes a bad player. KG was my favorite player growing up when he was with the Wolves. I clearly mentioned the dirty plays that I dont care for

The knicks had dirty players that got under the opponents skin.

We loved them for it.

Which is pretty much the point I was making with DK about how he would feel if Melo used some of KG's dirty tactics

melo's mind is not strong enough to employ those "tactics." in his effort to employ them he would lose his focus. garnett doesn't. he reminds me of jordan in this way. melo would do well to watch jordan in the late 80s go up against the pistons during those playoff wars. jordan was positively butchered.

melo would gain some desperately-needed perspective and it could help him.

Dolan: I willingly and gratefully cede all power to Phil. Jackson: I believe in system basketball; I will bring back fundamentals. Fisher: We'll play the game a better way. Melo: I believe in Phil. dk7th: SHOULDERGATE NO-TRADE CLAUSE 124 MILLION
smackeddog
Posts: 26556
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
1/8/2013  1:07 PM
Hate, hate, hate the celtics- hopefully next game we have Shump and Sheed back.
mrKnickShot
Posts: 28157
Alba Posts: 16
Joined: 5/3/2011
Member: #3553

1/8/2013  3:40 PM
Anybody see/hear the ref YELL at Tyson to "Just Stop It!!"?

Refs are getting tired of the knicks constant complaining

NUPE
Posts: 21221
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/29/2012
Member: #4205

1/8/2013  5:53 PM
TeamBall wrote:

What about Garnett's complete game do you admire so much? If Melo did half to the dirty stuff KG did, you would be using it as ammo.

This.

TeamBall
Posts: 23589
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/13/2012
Member: #4386

1/8/2013  10:30 PM
dk7th wrote:melo's mind is not strong enough to employ those "tactics." in his effort to employ them he would lose his focus. garnett doesn't. he reminds me of jordan in this way. melo would do well to watch jordan in the late 80s go up against the pistons during those playoff wars. jordan was positively butchered.

melo would gain some desperately-needed perspective and it could help him.

Are you saying Melo isnt able to call someone some names and say a few things that hit home personally? Maybe thats a good thing...

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
dk7th
Posts: 24574
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/14/2012
Member: #4228
USA
1/8/2013  10:37 PM
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:melo's mind is not strong enough to employ those "tactics." in his effort to employ them he would lose his focus. garnett doesn't. he reminds me of jordan in this way. melo would do well to watch jordan in the late 80s go up against the pistons during those playoff wars. jordan was positively butchered.

melo would gain some desperately-needed perspective and it could help him.

Are you saying Melo isnt able to call someone some names and say a few things that hit home personally? Maybe thats a good thing...

a student stands before his sensei. the sensei is holding a staff. the sensei says "if you remain standing before me i will beat you with this staff. if you run i will chase you down and beat you with this staff."
what does the student do?

Dolan: I willingly and gratefully cede all power to Phil. Jackson: I believe in system basketball; I will bring back fundamentals. Fisher: We'll play the game a better way. Melo: I believe in Phil. dk7th: SHOULDERGATE NO-TRADE CLAUSE 124 MILLION
Papabear
Posts: 23873
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 3/31/2007
Member: #1414

1/9/2013  12:08 AM
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:melo's mind is not strong enough to employ those "tactics." in his effort to employ them he would lose his focus. garnett doesn't. he reminds me of jordan in this way. melo would do well to watch jordan in the late 80s go up against the pistons during those playoff wars. jordan was positively butchered.

melo would gain some desperately-needed perspective and it could help him.

Are you saying Melo isnt able to call someone some names and say a few things that hit home personally? Maybe thats a good thing...

a student stands before his sensei. the sensei is holding a staff. the sensei says "if you remain standing before me i will beat you with this staff. if you run i will chase you down and beat you with this staff."
what does the student do?


Papabear Says

I am starting to wonder if this forum is starting to turn into a hate Knicks forum. It seems we have trolls taking over. They know good and well without Melo we are going nowhere in the playoffs. I'm glad Melo have heart and this one game dosen't mean that Melo is a basket case. I means he is human. I still wonder if dk7th and TKF are the same person. The Melo negative response show's me that they want the Knicks to lose.

Papabear
cooch2584
Posts: 21361
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2006
Member: #1187

1/9/2013  7:11 AM
Papabear wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:melo's mind is not strong enough to employ those "tactics." in his effort to employ them he would lose his focus. garnett doesn't. he reminds me of jordan in this way. melo would do well to watch jordan in the late 80s go up against the pistons during those playoff wars. jordan was positively butchered.

melo would gain some desperately-needed perspective and it could help him.

Are you saying Melo isnt able to call someone some names and say a few things that hit home personally? Maybe thats a good thing...

a student stands before his sensei. the sensei is holding a staff. the sensei says "if you remain standing before me i will beat you with this staff. if you run i will chase you down and beat you with this staff."
what does the student do?


Papabear Says

I am starting to wonder if this forum is starting to turn into a hate Knicks forum. It seems we have trolls taking over. They know good and well without Melo we are going nowhere in the playoffs. I'm glad Melo have heart and this one game dosen't mean that Melo is a basket case. I means he is human. I still wonder if dk7th and TKF are the same person. The Melo negative response show's me that they want the Knicks to lose.

IMHO tkf and dk7th are one in the same person.

jrodmc
Posts: 27360
Alba Posts: 46
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
1/9/2013  12:42 PM
cooch2584 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
dk7th wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:melo's mind is not strong enough to employ those "tactics." in his effort to employ them he would lose his focus. garnett doesn't. he reminds me of jordan in this way. melo would do well to watch jordan in the late 80s go up against the pistons during those playoff wars. jordan was positively butchered.

melo would gain some desperately-needed perspective and it could help him.

Are you saying Melo isnt able to call someone some names and say a few things that hit home personally? Maybe thats a good thing...

a student stands before his sensei. the sensei is holding a staff. the sensei says "if you remain standing before me i will beat you with this staff. if you run i will chase you down and beat you with this staff."
what does the student do?


Papabear Says

I am starting to wonder if this forum is starting to turn into a hate Knicks forum. It seems we have trolls taking over. They know good and well without Melo we are going nowhere in the playoffs. I'm glad Melo have heart and this one game dosen't mean that Melo is a basket case. I means he is human. I still wonder if dk7th and TKF are the same person. The Melo negative response show's me that they want the Knicks to lose.

IMHO tkf and dk7th are one in the same person.

That much Melohate could not be contained in one person. The entity's head would explode after every Knicks game we win that Melo has another 40 point, 8 rebound 5 assist effort. Or after every 15 point quarter where he takes over the game and the Knicks win. You would probably hear the explosion and feel the aftershocks within the entire tri-state area.

What I'm waiting for in this thread, is how KG right now is so much greater than Melo. With statistics galore.

HoneyNut cheerios? How does one, even at 7 ft tall, say something like that without sounding like a drooling moron?
Kevin Garnett - living proof why a high school diploma just doesn't cut it for anything except the NBA, the movies/TV/music and janitorial work.

I didn't realize Melo and LaLa were on the outs. I guess he still cares... A new chapter of Melohumanisms is opening up.

I also am not reading anything about what Brandi Padilla tastes like.

Wonder what Mrs. The Kid thinks of hubbie's taste bud comments?

Don't expect animals to stampede or tap dance as you approach.
GAME THREAD: Knicks vs The Lovely Celtics 7.30pm 1/7

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.