GAME THREAD: Knicks vs The Lovely Celtics 7.30pm 1/7
Author Thread
FoeDiddy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2350

1/7/2013  11:01 PM
TeamBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:We struggle against physical defenses. Not only offensively but also mentally. This has happened numerous times, most notably with the Bulls (twice) and Memphis.

Melo played bad because he let Garnett get in his head. He really, really showed poor character today.

This is not just another loss. This is a disappointing loss because it shows we can't "handle the heat". This is tough, physical, playoff basketball and we have been psyched out and punked in every matchup with a team like this.

Melo was shooting poorly before he and Garnett got into it..BTW we did handle the Heat, twice...

True but he did start taking pretty dumb shots and tried to beat KG himself down the stretch. Im sure he'll learn from this though

Yeah he took some hero ball type shots. If he would have run the offense he probably would have got a better shot or gotten Kidd or JR open shots. Which they were hitting during the game. Celtics will not allow ISO ball to beat them. Why Lebron's Cavs always had trouble against them.

AUTOADVERT
TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/7/2013  11:09 PM
Al Iannazzone ‏@Al_Iannazzone

Carmelo has left the building and won't address the media tonight, the Knicks said.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
3G4G
Member: #4333

1/7/2013  11:13 PM
Uptown wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:We struggle against physical defenses. Not only offensively but also mentally. This has happened numerous times, most notably with the Bulls (twice) and Memphis.

Melo played bad because he let Garnett get in his head. He really, really showed poor character today.

This is not just another loss. This is a disappointing loss because it shows we can't "handle the heat". This is tough, physical, playoff basketball and we have been psyched out and punked in every matchup with a team like this.

Melo was shooting poorly before he and Garnett got into it..BTW we did handle the Heat, twice...

The Heat have lost to the Wizards and Pistons and Bucks so being that we beat them twice isn't saying that much especially when the Rockets blew us out twice and we've lost to the Bulls twice without Derrick Rose.....

So you can play semantics with the wins and losses all day everyday

NUPE
Member: #4205

1/7/2013  11:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2013  11:27 PM
3G4G wrote:
Uptown wrote:

The Heat have lost to the Wizards and Pistons and Bucks so being that we beat them twice isn't saying that much especially when the Rockets blew us out twice and we've lost to the Bulls twice without Derrick Rose.....

And tonight, The Thunder lost to the Wizards. It's the NBA, no game is guaranteed during the reg. season.

3G4G

1/7/2013  11:30 PM
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:
Uptown wrote:

And tonight, The Thunder lost to the Wizards. It's the NBA, no game is guaranteed during the reg. season.

My point exactly that's very equivalent to us losing the Kings. Trying to hang our hat on beating the Heat twice just isn't carrying much weight at the moment.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
1/7/2013  11:45 PM
3G4G wrote:
tkf wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:If Pierce takes another ****ing bow at center court, I want someone to tackle him.

he loves rubbing it in...

I have no idea what it is but he usually plays big against us. It's like he relishes every opportunity to do us dirty. He could be 100yrs old and still drop daggers against this team.

yep.. he just gets amped up for us...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
1/7/2013  11:47 PM
NYKMentality wrote:At the end of the night Boston's still 6 full games back of N.Y.

Loses happen in the NBA, that's basketball for the clueless one's.

Off to make some dinner for the family while the likes of TKF run wild and celebrate our loss.

23-11. Still 2nd place of the entire Eastern Conference.

Now go cry me a river negative critics.

the fact that you can't keep my name off your keyboard is creepy in a 50 year old man, 18 year old girl type of way.... give it a rest man...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
1/7/2013  11:49 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:At the end of the night Boston's still 6 full games back of N.Y.

Off to make some dinner for the family while the likes of TKF run wild and celebrate our loss.

Your saving grace is that you are adorable!!

good night!

p.s. if carmelo had 3 extra minutes he damn well coulda broke that record

Negative?

23-11 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares.

NYKMentality seems to have some issues. If anybody is critcal of the Knicks flaws( and there are some big ones) he gets a hissy fit

+1

tkf
1/7/2013  11:54 PM
TheRealist wrote:
dk7th wrote:

you still don't get it: it's not THAT you lose it's HOW you lose.... just like it's not THAT you win it's HOW you win.

They lost by 6 points despite an awful shooting night from the 2nd leading scorer in the league.

true, but BOSTON had a lot to do with that awful shooting night.. that is what they are capable of...

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/7/2013  11:55 PM
3G4G wrote:
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:
Uptown wrote:

My point exactly that's very equivalent to us losing the Kings. Trying to hang our hat on beating the Heat twice just isn't carrying much weight at the moment.

Hang your hat on being 12 games over .500.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
tkf
1/7/2013  11:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2013  12:00 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Bad loss. Melo was awful but his leadership and attitude were worse.

He let Garnet get in his head. KG is such a chump too.

we all know garnett is a fake debo, douchebag, but he can play his azz off and is a pro at pissing people off, this is what he does,... carmelo should know this as well, but he just can't resist..... Sports is also a mind game... carmelo so far is not doing well in that department..

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/7/2013  11:59 PM
3G4G wrote:
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:
Uptown wrote:

WTF are yo talking about! He said we cant handle the heat, meaning we cant beat or play with the elite in big games or playoff type games(thats how I interpreted it). I brought up the Heat to point out that we can play and beat the elite in this league. We also beat the Spurs in San An in an intense environment. Not hanging my hat on anything. My response was a rebuttal to what the poster said, nothing more, nothing less.

And if your point was "its the nba, no game is guaranteed..." then why not just say that in stead of being a smart ass....Of course any team can lose to another professional team...

tkf
1/8/2013  12:02 AM
3G4G wrote:Garnett and Pierce are first rate D-Bags but their games are beautiful to watch and it's not even debateable.

yep

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/8/2013  12:25 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:JR does not pass off in the PnR

This! Killer time and time again. Never gets the ball to Amare. Bonehead!

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

1/8/2013  12:28 AM
tkf wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:If Pierce takes another ****ing bow at center court, I want someone to tackle him.

he loves rubbing it in...

Papabear Says

Well look whos back in town.TKF. I bet you love rubbing it in too.

Papabear
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/8/2013  12:31 AM
Melo said he something about not fearing the Celtics. You can bet Doc made sure the players got the message. They bullied Melo all game. Melo gets what he deserves. Never wake a sleeping giant who happen to have won the division the past 5yrs. Tonight served Melo right
3G4G

1/8/2013  12:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/8/2013  12:57 AM
Can you imagine

Lebron

Kobe

Durant

CP3

Derrick Rose

Tim Duncan

Tony Parker

James Harden

Andre Iggy

Lamarcus Aldridge

Peter Pan

Joe Johnson

Paul George

ABOUT DIS LIFE waiting outside the opposing teams locker room to go into the Octagon? Has Melo lost his mind?

Papabear

1/8/2013  12:37 AM
Nalod wrote:Celts won when they penetrated Melo's mind.

Garnett tuned him out and Melo kept yapping, and missing shots.

Then Pierce did his thing.

NYMentality, You wait until 10:15 to feed the family?

Papabear Says

Hey we lost and Melo had an off game. He can only learn from this. Melo ain't afraid to bang heads. We shall learn from this. Paul Pierce have our number.

Papabear
Papabear

1/8/2013  12:41 AM
dk7th wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:I can't wait for Paul Pierce to retire

i love his game. he is the truth.

Papabear Says

Now here comes dk7th out to bash. Isn't it funny that when dk7th comes out so does TKF. Hmmmmm I wonder??? Are they both the same?

Papabear
Papabear

1/8/2013  12:52 AM
dk7th wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:I can't wait for Paul Pierce to retire

i love his game. he is the truth.

he's a world class talent and a HOFer - but you love his game? and you call yourself a Knicks fan? did you also love Reggie Miller's game? Alonzo Mourning's? smdh

yes i love his game. i also love garnett's game. yes i am a knick fan. it's possible to do both.

Papabear Says

Why don't you just carry your butt over and be a damn Celtics Fan. It's one thing to be upset because we lost be it seems to me you are loving it. Melo has save more game this season than lost so why don't you just be a Kevin Garnet and Paul Pierce Fan. I hat them both. Melo showed some heart and I am glad he stood up to Garnet who is one of the dirtiest players in the league. Right now it seems we have more haters on this forum than Knicks blue blood. It's getting me sick.

Papabear
GAME THREAD: Knicks vs The Lovely Celtics 7.30pm 1/7

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy