Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/7/2013  10:40 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:I can't wait for Paul Pierce to retire

i love his game. he is the truth.

he's a world class talent and a HOFer - but you love his game? and you call yourself a Knicks fan? did you also love Reggie Miller's game? Alonzo Mourning's? smdh

yes i love his game. i also love garnett's game. yes i am a knick fan. it's possible to do both.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
FoeDiddy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2350

1/7/2013  10:40 PM
loweyecue wrote:
Hersports85 wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:I think we were up for the challenge tonight..we just lost. Sometimes you just lose with no blame. Celtics play'd extremely hard and the refs let both teams play. Pierce hit some tough shots and Melo didn't. He might have been fouled on some of those shots but he was playing so emotional and reckless the refs weren't gonna call that. Amare looked good on offense which was encouraging. We definitely missed Felton in a game like this. If not only to get the ball up in a quick manner. Prigs was brutal.

Good post.

Racking up moral victories again? We were up for the challenge? They messed with Melo and he took the bait. If not for JR Smith, this would have been an ugly blowout. Why can't we try to do something diff when Melo is shooting like that?

who said anything about moral victories? Great teams don't cry and bitch about one loss in the regular season. They lost. You think the Spurs care they got beat by us two times. Goals are bigger then beating one team on one night. You need games like this in the regular season to be better in the playoffs when the same situation comes around. Lets hope we are better prepared.

If not for JR Smith?? what did he do differently from the past 10 games? You act like his play and points today was a miracle. Melo did take the bait but he took the bait in the regular season. Lets see if he learns from it going forward.

And no team goes away from their stars in crunch time no matter how poorly they are playing. Where else would you suggest them go. Their two best offensive players got their shots but on ONE night missed most of them.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
1/7/2013  10:44 PM
I want to see if Sullinger gets a flopping bill.
3G4G
Member: #4333

TeamBall wrote:
3G4G wrote:
Clean wrote:
TeamBall wrote:C'mon Melo...waiting outside the Celtics locker room?

LOL, melo was farther gone mentally than I expected.

If he did he's getting suspended Zach Randolph waiting for Kendrick Perkins style.

Hahn saying he was screaming at someone (probably KG) and had to be restrained

If the Celtics report this to the League office he's getting suspended. The on court altercations is only evidence of what may happen. You're not supposed to go to opposing teams locker rooms or even outside their locker rooms in threatening fashion.

Has Melo learned anything after 10yrs in the league?

loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

Hersports85 wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Hersports85 wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:I think we were up for the challenge tonight..we just lost. Sometimes you just lose with no blame. Celtics play'd extremely hard and the refs let both teams play. Pierce hit some tough shots and Melo didn't. He might have been fouled on some of those shots but he was playing so emotional and reckless the refs weren't gonna call that. Amare looked good on offense which was encouraging. We definitely missed Felton in a game like this. If not only to get the ball up in a quick manner. Prigs was brutal.

Good post.

Racking up moral victories again? We were up for the challenge? They messed with Melo and he took the bait. If not for JR Smith, this would have been an ugly blowout. Why can't we try to do something diff when Melo is shooting like that?

And exactly what do you suggest??? Outside of Melo we have Camby, Tyson and Brewer who can't create for themselves. Felton and Shump are key pieces to the puzzle, just how the celtics looked like pure garbage before bradley got back. Let's be realistic. Every loss is not the end of the world, nobody is concerned about damn moral victories but understanding about the game goes a looong way. Not to mention other than J.r the only other person that's able to create is working his way back from injury!!

Give me another damn team that loses their projected starting backcourt and still be 22-11? I'll wait.

Are you suggesting we went 22-11 without are starting backcourt? Because that's just flat out bull crap. And we didn't exactly have an offense with Felton in there at full speed. Shump isn't exactly an offensive stalwart either. All we did in the first part of the season was shoot 3s way above collective career avaerages. Yeah keep waiting.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
NUPE
Member: #4205

Great and reasonable post. Every loss does not have to be the end of the world.

3G4G

1/7/2013  10:45 PM
Garnett and Pierce are first rate D-Bags but their games are beautiful to watch and it's not even debateable.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/7/2013  10:46 PM
Vmart wrote:Bad loss, I'm calling it right now Celtics will take the division.

You've been waiting for the Celts to win a couple of games before you committed to this prediction? You've been saying the Knicks accept losing for a while now...didnt look like they were too pleased losing this one tonite...

NUPE
Member: #4205

1/7/2013  10:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2013  10:47 PM
3G4G wrote:Garnett and Pierce are first rate D-Bags but their games are beautiful to watch and it's not even debateable.

Pierce yea. Garnet, not at all.
loweyecue

1/7/2013  10:48 PM
FoeDiddy wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Hersports85 wrote:

Good post.

who said anything about moral victories? Great teams don't cry and bitch about one loss in the regular season. They lost. You think the Spurs care they got beat by us two times. Goals are bigger then beating one team on one night. You need games like this in the regular season to be better in the playoffs when the same situation comes around. Lets hope we are better prepared.

If not for JR Smith?? what did he do differently from the past 10 games? You act like his play and points today was a miracle. Melo did take the bait but he took the bait in the regular season. Lets see if he learns from it going forward.

And no team goes away from their stars in crunch time no matter how poorly they are playing. Where else would you suggest them go. Their two best offensive players got their shots but on ONE night missed most of them.

This isn't about missing shots, its about how poorly we reacted to mental pressure. Let's talk about great teams once we actually accomplish greatness, as of right now we have a fairly successful partial season. I'll wait till we get to the ECF or beyond before claiming greatness.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
nycisgreat
Member: #3894

1/7/2013  10:49 PM
FoeDiddy wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Hersports85 wrote:

Good post.

I dont really agree the knicks were pretty sloppy at times. woody left novak in there every time we had a lead and then the lead evaporated. the defense once again let us down

+10

I never said they weren't sloppy. I said they were up for the challenge. Two different things. Knicks were sloppy because of Celtics backcourt pressure. The other team sometimes has something to do with failures. I do think Woody had a poor game. One in leaving Novak in too long. He should have had Copeland in there who did soem nice things defensively in the first half. And two by not calming the team down when they started getting emotional. He can't be one of the guys in that moment. Same way he reacted in the Memphis game. Even if Refs are killing you..you can't make it seem to your team that it's the refs fault you are losing.

Don't let Prig off the hook too. Woody kept that guy on the court way to long.

3G4G

1/7/2013  10:49 PM
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:Garnett and Pierce are first rate D-Bags but their games are beautiful to watch and it's not even debateable.

Pierce yea. Garnet, not at all.

Yes Garnett's too as I appreciate his intensity and play on the defensive end.

MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
1/7/2013  10:51 PM
The Knicks will not truly be contenders until they get their emotions in check. This won't be the last bad shooting night for Melo, but it has to be the last time they play out of control in crunch time. Woody needs to hammer this point home. It will matter come April.
FoeDiddy

1/7/2013  10:51 PM
loweyecue wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Hersports85 wrote:

Good post.

This isn't about missing shots, its about how poorly we reacted to mental pressure. Let's talk about great teams once we actually accomplish greatness, as of right now we have a fairly successful partial season. I'll wait till we get to the ECF or beyond before claiming greatness.

Not stating we are a great team yet but pointing out the model to being great.

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

1/7/2013  10:52 PM
We struggle against physical defenses. Not only offensively but also mentally. This has happened numerous times, most notably with the Bulls (twice) and Memphis.

Melo played bad because he let Garnett get in his head. He really, really showed poor character today.

This is not just another loss. This is a disappointing loss because it shows we can't "handle the heat". This is tough, physical, playoff basketball and we have been psyched out and punked in every matchup with a team like this.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
FoeDiddy

1/7/2013  10:54 PM
nycisgreat wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Hersports85 wrote:

Good post.

I dont really agree the knicks were pretty sloppy at times. woody left novak in there every time we had a lead and then the lead evaporated. the defense once again let us down

+10

I never said they weren't sloppy. I said they were up for the challenge. Two different things. Knicks were sloppy because of Celtics backcourt pressure. The other team sometimes has something to do with failures. I do think Woody had a poor game. One in leaving Novak in too long. He should have had Copeland in there who did soem nice things defensively in the first half. And two by not calming the team down when they started getting emotional. He can't be one of the guys in that moment. Same way he reacted in the Memphis game. Even if Refs are killing you..you can't make it seem to your team that it's the refs fault you are losing.

Don't let Prig off the hook too. Woody kept that guy on the court way to long.

I can't fault him on that. He had no choice. He can't play Kidd 40 minutes. Now Novak he had a choice and left him to be abused by Green and Garnett for too long. Especially at a time we had control of the game. It's like when we would get up by 8 or 9 he would let the Celtics off the hook with subs. But can't blame him with all the injuries. His rotation is funky right now. Felton & Shump are two of our younger and faster guards. We will continue to struggle vs Quick backcourts until they return.

loweyecue

1/7/2013  10:54 PM
FoeDiddy wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
Hersports85 wrote:

Good post.

Not stating we are a great team yet but pointing out the model to being great.

I understand, but it's a model based on confidence borne out of past accomplishments from playing together as a team. We don't have any.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/7/2013  10:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/7/2013  10:57 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:We struggle against physical defenses. Not only offensively but also mentally. This has happened numerous times, most notably with the Bulls (twice) and Memphis.

Melo played bad because he let Garnett get in his head. He really, really showed poor character today.

This is not just another loss. This is a disappointing loss because it shows we can't "handle the heat". This is tough, physical, playoff basketball and we have been psyched out and punked in every matchup with a team like this.

Melo was shooting poorly before he and Garnett got into it..BTW we did handle the Heat, twice...

FoeDiddy

1/7/2013  10:58 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:We struggle against physical defenses. Not only offensively but also mentally. This has happened numerous times, most notably with the Bulls (twice) and Memphis.

I think that needs to come from Woodson more. He never seems to calm them down in moments like that. He actually seems to ignite it even more.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

1/7/2013  10:58 PM
Uptown wrote:

Melo was shooting poorly before he and Garnett got into it..BTW we did handle the Heat, twice...

True but he did start taking pretty dumb shots and tried to beat KG himself down the stretch. Im sure he'll learn from this though

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
GAME THREAD: Knicks vs The Lovely Celtics 7.30pm 1/7

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy