[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: KNICKS GO MAGIC 7:00 PM (ET) 1/5
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/5/2013  11:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2013  12:00 AM
I think once we get Sheed, Shump, and Felton back the defense won't be an issue anymore. With Felton and Shump back and taking it to the rim we'll be able to free up some space for the shooters like Novak.

Considering the big bodies the Magic were able to put out there we were fortunate to win playing small in the second half. Tyson had a lot on his plate. That's the beauty of having Melo to put the other team to sleep in the second half

I really don't want JR to start. JR's earned it but he gives us the kind of instant offense off the bench along with D that few teams in this league have on tap. I know its tempting.

AUTOADVERT
NUPE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4205

1/6/2013  12:37 AM
Another crappy start but we pulled this out. Melo was a beast out there. We are now 23 - 10 and still getting healthy. I am guessing we won't see a fully healthy and sync'd Amar'e till the end of Jan. at the earliest but I am happy to see him out there playing. Knicks are now 10 - 3 (under Woodson) with Amar'e and Melo playing for what it's worth.
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/6/2013  12:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/6/2013  12:49 AM
GustavBahler wrote:I really don't want JR to start. JR's earned it but he gives us the kind of instant offense off the bench along with D that few teams in this league have on tap. I know its tempting.

It's pretty much a moot point. It doesn't matter if he starts or comes off the bench, because he's playing more than starting minutes as is. At 33.2 minutes per game only Melo and Felton average more minutes per game when compared to J.R. Most of his minutes are with our starting rotation as well. It really makes no difference if J.R comes off the bench and/or starts because he's pretty much a starter as is ala only Melo/Felton average more when compared to J.R.

With Amar'e currently coming off the bench, I say now's the perfect time to 'officially' start J.R Smith.

C: Tyson Chandler.
PF: Marcus Camby.
SF: Carmelo Anthony.
2G: J.R Smith.
PG: Jason Kidd.

With Stoudemire as our 6th man off the bench.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/6/2013  1:20 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I really don't want JR to start. JR's earned it but he gives us the kind of instant offense off the bench along with D that few teams in this league have on tap. I know its tempting.

It's pretty much a moot point. It doesn't matter if he starts or comes off the bench, because he's playing more than starting minutes as is. At 33.2 minutes per game only Melo and Felton average more minutes per game when compared to J.R. Most of his minutes are with our starting rotation as well. It really makes no difference if J.R comes off the bench and/or starts because he's pretty much a starter as is ala only Melo/Felton average more when compared to J.R.

With Amar'e currently coming off the bench, I say now's the perfect time to 'officially' start J.R Smith.

C: Tyson Chandler.
PF: Marcus Camby.
SF: Carmelo Anthony.
2G: J.R Smith.
PG: Jason Kidd.

With Stoudemire as our 6th man off the bench.

Not really. Its not just about minutes. JR comes off the bench so when Melo sits they run the offense through JR. Its spacing the minutes so at least one of them is on the floor. Stat isn't close to providing the same punch off the bench that JR does and probably never will. At this point Sheed is a better option than Stat on both ends of the court. That may change in the future.

Look at what Crawford is doing off the bench for the Clips, its a big reason why they're doing so well. JR is doing great where he is now.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/7/2013  2:54 PM
NYKMentality wrote:With all due respect, how do you get banned from a site like this? I can understand from RealGM with so many trolls and/or power hungry mods, but this place seems so laid back (mod wise). And the owner seems to allow others the chance to agree to disagree. I've been warned about going off topic during the 'other games thread' ala mentioning the fact that Gallo had an awful game (didn't go so well over there). But yea, received a warning and kept it moving. I've actually had many strong arguments from here with no threat of a banning. How do you get banned from here?

1) Some guy named Marbsbury got banned for something. I forget what it was. I guess the rule is don't exude too much hate about anything while being named after Marbles.

2) Threaten anyone with bodily harm. Telling someone to die in a fiery bus crash will get you at least 90% there.

3) Keep asking how to get banned. martin and andrew will oblige you out of sheer boredom.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/7/2013  3:50 PM
Anji wrote:

This. Yes. Everyday.

So what did we learn, boys and girls? Quality ho pics early = fourth quarter D.
I love quality game threads.

Thanks to Anji for rediscovering the key to W's!

GAME THREAD: KNICKS GO MAGIC 7:00 PM (ET) 1/5

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy