[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: KNICKS GO MAGIC 7:00 PM (ET) 1/5
Author Thread
JamesKPolk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4093

1/5/2013  10:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:It's okay to say the defense sucks...because it does. People were doing the same thing when we were pulling out wins and playing no D. And then we started losing games and people suddenly noticed we sucked on D. This is no different.

I'm happy with the win but beyond that there's nothing to be happy about. This team needs to stop playing awful (not bad, but awful) defense to start games and being down by big deficits to garbage teams. That has nothing to do with the ups and downs of a regular season. It's a disturbing trend that needs to stop now. End of story.

The first quarter was disturbing but I disagree about nothing to be happy about. Melo was playing amazing on both ends of the floor. Melo is playing at a different level then he ever has in ny. Camby looks better every game. I was starting to worry about Kidd but he had a great game tonight. Amare looked better and was putting forth the effort on d. JR had another good game and it was a win. Magic did a lot better than I thought in the d12 trade.

Defensively, you cannot be happy about the performance. Everything you mentioned was offense-related. I'm talking defensively - overall - we have not been good for a while besides the Spurs game. We need to stop being lazy and sloppy on that end, especially to start games. It is happening nearly every game now.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
AUTOADVERT
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/5/2013  10:15 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I want to praise Melo at every turn. Just don't want anyone to think I have a man crush on him like some

It's cool, you don't have to hide in the back of the gymnasim at prom like a fat girl, you can dance alittle when Melo goes for forty.

*oh this my Jam*

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
OGkush121
Member: #4392

1/5/2013  10:16 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:It's okay to say the defense sucks...because it does. People were doing the same thing when we were pulling out wins and playing no D. And then we started losing games and people suddenly noticed we sucked on D. This is no different.

I'm happy with the win but beyond that there's nothing to be happy about. This team needs to stop playing awful (not bad, but awful) defense to start games and being down by big deficits to garbage teams. That has nothing to do with the ups and downs of a regular season. It's a disturbing trend that needs to stop now. End of story.

Yea, right, some "sucky defense" we played tonight. Outside of the 1st quarter we only allowed 70 points during the final 3 quarters. An average of only 23.3 points allowed per quarter.

Some fans such as yourself may harp all over the first quarter, but when using actual insight you'll notice that we only allowed 70 points during the final 3 quarters. Or better yet, only allowed 17 4th quarter points.

Outscored Orlando by the count of 87-70 during the final 3 quarters, but yet, our defense "sucked tonight". Some fans only pay attention to and/or remember the "first quarter". Everything else then becomes a moot point due to the "1st quarter".

well...we played terrible defense in the 1st, great in the 2nd, terrible again in the 3rd and great again in the 4th.
It's not like we were consistently bad, or consistently good.
It's a good sign that we're good at closing out games usualy, however I have to admit the defense sometimes does worry me.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/5/2013  10:17 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The first quarter was disturbing but I disagree about nothing to be happy about. Melo was playing amazing on both ends of the floor. Melo is playing at a different level then he ever has in ny. Camby looks better every game. I was starting to worry about Kidd but he had a great game tonight. Amare looked better and was putting forth the effort on d. JR had another good game and it was a win. Magic did a lot better than I thought in the d12 trade.

Defensively, you cannot be happy about the performance. Everything you mentioned was offense-related. I'm talking defensively - overall - we have not been good for a while besides the Spurs game. We need to stop being lazy and sloppy on that end, especially to start games. It is happening nearly every game now.

Knicks have been inconsistent and at times bad on d. But tonight they played good d when they needed to especially in the fourth when they pulled ahead.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
JamesKPolk

1/5/2013  10:18 PM
That doesn't mean it was a good defensive performance.

They need to stop spotting teams a 10+ point lead in the first quarter.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
Anji
USA
1/5/2013  10:22 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Anji wrote:And I hope you bums are seeing what Coach meant when he said he wanted Melo in better shape. The guy doesn't sit in the second half and still has to carry the team to the finish.........bitches.
Bums? Everyone wanted melo in better shape. In fact i thought that if melo lost weight he would be even better player and i was right since he is a top mvp candidate now

Irish if you aren't one of the Bums that twisted coaches words as if he was saying Melo was Eddy Curry fat at the end of last season, then I am not talking to you.

The Man was injured last season and was gassed when he had to play 40 minutes plus/the whole second half of games coming down the stretch.

Looking at Melo this year, it was something I noticed and felt like posting.

Calm down Bro, take it easy Bro.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
CrushAlot
USA
1/5/2013  10:23 PM
It's pretty awesome that the post game guys are talking about a knick coach possibly being the eastern conference all star coach and fans are debating the quality of tonight's win. Glad I am not spending most of my time blasting a coach or gm.
Anji
USA
1/5/2013  10:26 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
Anji wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:
Anji wrote:And I hope you bums are seeing what Coach meant when he said he wanted Melo in better shape. The guy doesn't sit in the second half and still has to carry the team to the finish.........bitches.

Isiah Thomas still needs to be defended somewhere. Maybe you can go and help out.

Oh boy, one liner jerkoff Greekfan trying to bring back the Isaiah zingers.

Hey, I had to endure insults from you about how great Isiah and Balkman were. Non-stop insults and trolling about how I was an idiot for not believing.

I guess you can't take what you dish out.

Look at yourself in the mirror before you call other people bums.

You can't even keep at a damn worthless username on a website, you bum.

I root for the knicks, sorry you had to "endure" people being fans.

JamesKPolk

1/5/2013  10:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2013  10:33 PM
Nope, I had to endure your insults because you simply are a dbag poster who can't post without insulting people incessantly because they don't share the same views as you. The worst part is you call people out about Melo and can't even admit that you were wrong - completely wrong - on past issues. You just choose to ignore them and act like the past is the past.

I root for the Knicks too. If I didn't I wouldn't be here all these years. I bleed orange and blue. But I don't go around cursing people who think Isiah or Balkman or whoever sucks.

But anyway, no need to derail the thread much longer. You can return to your shtick of insulting people who don't/didn't agree with you.

CrushAlot
USA
1/5/2013  10:35 PM
Was vucevic taken the pick before shump? I remember the Knicks were interested in him.
JamesKPolk

1/5/2013  10:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Was vucevic taken the pick before shump? I remember the Knicks were interested in him.

One or two picks, yes.

But I believe the Knicks were drafting Shumpert regardless if he was on the board.

Another great Donnie Walsh move. The man is the savior of the franchise. He doesn't get more credit.

Anji
USA
1/5/2013  10:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Was vucevic taken the pick before shump? I remember the Knicks were interested in him.

I pretty sure we wanted him.

Greek you are the longest standing D-bag I have had the misfortune of knowing. Can't wait to see your next user name you try to start over with.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/5/2013  10:42 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:Nope, I had to endure your insults because you simply are a dbag poster who can't post without insulting people incessantly because they don't share the same views as you. The worst part is you call people out about Melo and can't even admit that you were wrong - completely wrong - on past issues. You just choose to ignore them and act like the past is the past.

I root for the Knicks too. If I didn't I wouldn't be here all these years. I bleed orange and blue. But I don't go around cursing people who think Isiah or Balkman or whoever sucks.

But anyway, no need to derail the thread much longer. You can return to your shtick of insulting people who don't/didn't agree with you.

And this isnt baiting and taunting?? Yep James the past is the past. Cant go back and change it,and dont know how it effects the present and future.NUFF SAID

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/5/2013  10:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2013  10:44 PM
Donnie asked Dantoni who he wanted Shump or Singleton. Dantoni chose Shump because we needed a SG/PG. Singleton plays Melo's position, Faried was on the board but hard to judge his impact playing for Moorehead St
JamesKPolk

1/5/2013  10:44 PM
Anji, the next time you admit you're wrong will be the first time.
CrushAlot
USA
1/5/2013  10:46 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:Nope, I had to endure your insults because you simply are a dbag poster who can't post without insulting people incessantly because they don't share the same views as you. The worst part is you call people out about Melo and can't even admit that you were wrong - completely wrong - on past issues. You just choose to ignore them and act like the past is the past.

You are definitely a diehard fan but you have been a bit polarizing. I remember some guy posting on the forum that he called you out and wanted you to go to Poughkeepsie to fight him. I live upstate and laugh every time I come back home when I drive past signs for Poughkeepsie.

JamesKPolk

1/5/2013  11:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2013  11:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

You are definitely a diehard fan but you have been a bit polarizing. I remember some guy posting on the forum that he called you out and wanted you to go to Poughkeepsie to fight him. I live upstate and laugh every time I come back home when I drive past signs for Poughkeepsie.

Are you talking about bobs? He's been banned from here more than me. That guy is a little off his rocker. He went above and beyond this forum. He started stalking me via email and other websites threatening to kill me. With the way the internet is it's actually pretty scary. You don't know what mentally unbalanced people you're dealing with.

The thing with me is I like to speak my mind and I do not let go of past slights easily. Guys have insulted me in the past, disappeared and then re-appeared again after they were proven wrong and then act like it never happened. I don't forget that easily. I also have mellowed out, though. If this was 3-4 years ago I would have gone on a tirade in this thread. I think years of losing just makes you a different fan. So in a weird way I appreciate going through that. It not only made me a better fan but a better person too. I exercise way more patience and I try to understand people's point of views.

But it still irritates me when other people chide their own fans for being critical where it is absolutely fair to be critical. Nobody is saying anything that is wrong. They are complaining about lackluster defense. Our own coach complained about that. It's okay to be critical of your own team as long as it's a fair criticism and you can back up your points.

Overall I'd say I'm a different poster. You live and learn. Some people don't change and think the others around them are at fault (you can already identify one poster in this thread) but I am able to admit my mistakes, learn from them and move on. If I go back and look at some of my old posts I cringe. I ask myself why I would act that way or say something like that when it wasn't warranted. I was undisciplined but I was very young. You learn something everyday and controlling my emotions was definitely a learning process. I'm still happy to be here despite it all. I don't post as much as I would like but I am still grateful to be part of a great forum of passionate Knicks fans.

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/5/2013  11:07 PM
With all due respect, how do you get banned from a site like this? I can understand from RealGM with so many trolls and/or power hungry mods, but this place seems so laid back (mod wise). And the owner seems to allow others the chance to agree to disagree. I've been warned about going off topic during the 'other games thread' ala mentioning the fact that Gallo had an awful game (didn't go so well over there). But yea, received a warning and kept it moving. I've actually had many strong arguments from here with no threat of a banning. How do you get banned from here?
Anji
USA
1/5/2013  11:08 PM
LOL........SMH
CrushAlot
USA
1/5/2013  11:38 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Are you talking about bobs? He's been banned from here more than me. That guy is a little off his rocker. He went above and beyond this forum. He started stalking me via email and other websites threatening to kill me. With the way the internet is it's actually pretty scary. You don't know what mentally unbalanced people you're dealing with.

The thing with me is I like to speak my mind and I do not let go of past slights easily. Guys have insulted me in the past, disappeared and then re-appeared again after they were proven wrong and then act like it never happened. I don't forget that easily. I also have mellowed out, though. If this was 3-4 years ago I would have gone on a tirade in this thread. I think years of losing just makes you a different fan. So in a weird way I appreciate going through that. It not only made me a better fan but a better person too. I exercise way more patience and I try to understand people's point of views.

But it still irritates me when other people chide their own fans for being critical where it is absolutely fair to be critical. Nobody is saying anything that is wrong. They are complaining about lackluster defense. Our own coach complained about that. It's okay to be critical of your own team as long as it's a fair criticism and you can back up your points.

Overall I'd say I'm a different poster. You live and learn. Some people don't change and think the others around them are at fault (you can already identify one poster in this thread) but I am able to admit my mistakes, learn from them and move on. If I go back and look at some of my old posts I cringe. I ask myself why I would act that way or say something like that when it wasn't warranted. I was undisciplined but I was very young. You learn something everyday and controlling my emotions was definitely a learning process. I'm still happy to be here despite it all. I don't post as much as I would like but I am still grateful to be part of a great forum of passionate Knicks fans.

That was the guy. Sorry to hear that it went so far.

GAME THREAD: KNICKS GO MAGIC 7:00 PM (ET) 1/5

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy