[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: KNICKS GO MAGIC 7:00 PM (ET) 1/5
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
1/5/2013  9:47 PM
Had to take over some business so I am now watching the 4th quarter but I noticed something. Woody put melo to guard JJ so when he runs off screens and the Knicks switches it will be a guard on JJ thus making it no longer a mismatch.
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/5/2013  9:48 PM
50 per cent

Jason Kidd 15/ 7 / 8 with one inexcusable turnover that caused an instant knee jerk.

once a knick always a knick
FoeDiddy
Member: #2350

1/5/2013  9:49 PM
Clean wrote:Had to take over some business so I am now watching the 4th quarter but I noticed something. Woody put melo to guard JJ so when he runs off screens and the Knicks switches it will be a guard on JJ thus making it no longer a mismatch.

Great observation. Melo did a decent job of sticking with him before the screen too.

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

1/5/2013  9:52 PM
It's okay to say the defense sucks...because it does. People were doing the same thing when we were pulling out wins and playing no D. And then we started losing games and people suddenly noticed we sucked on D. This is no different.

I'm happy with the win but beyond that there's nothing to be happy about. This team needs to stop playing awful (not bad, but awful) defense to start games and being down by big deficits to garbage teams. That has nothing to do with the ups and downs of a regular season. It's a disturbing trend that needs to stop now. End of story.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/5/2013  9:53 PM
Seth Rosenthal ‏@seth_rosenthal
Nelson sat for a stretch, returned at 5:43, game tied. Doesn't look like ORL ran a single P&R for him after. That was THE thing killing NY.
FoeDiddy
Member: #2350

1/5/2013  9:55 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:It's okay to say the defense sucks...because it does. People were doing the same thing when we were pulling out wins and playing no D. And then we started losing games and people suddenly noticed we sucked on D. This is no different.

I'm happy with the win but beyond that there's nothing to be happy about. This team needs to stop playing awful (not bad, but awful) defense to start games and being down by big deficits to garbage teams. That has nothing to do with the ups and downs of a regular season. It's a disturbing trend that needs to stop now. End of story.

True..I'm hoping Shump's return fixes some of this. He is so intense from beginning to end. the Older players seem like they are pacing themselves. I also think Brewer's offense in the beginning really kills us. He doesn't even have enough confidence to drive to the rim anymore.

Caseloads
Member: #41
1/5/2013  9:57 PM
FoeDiddy wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:It's okay to say the defense sucks...because it does. People were doing the same thing when we were pulling out wins and playing no D. And then we started losing games and people suddenly noticed we sucked on D. This is no different.

True..I'm hoping Shump's return fixes some of this. He is so intense from beginning to end. the Older players seem like they are pacing themselves. I also think Brewer's offense in the beginning really kills us. He doesn't even have enough confidence to drive to the rim anymore.

exactly. Brewer needs to drive to the rim. is his leg hurting him?
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

1/5/2013  9:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2013  9:59 PM

Yea, right, some "sucky defense" we played tonight. Outside of the 1st quarter we only allowed 70 points during the final 3 quarters. An average of only 23.3 points allowed per quarter.

Some fans such as yourself may harp all over the first quarter, but when using actual insight you'll notice that we only allowed 70 points during the final 3 quarters. Or better yet, only allowed 17 4th quarter points.

Outscored Orlando by the count of 87-70 during the final 3 quarters, but yet, our defense "sucked tonight". Some fans only pay attention to and/or remember the "first quarter". Everything else then becomes a moot point due to the "1st quarter".

MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
1/5/2013  9:58 PM
Most of our problems on D are because the quick guards we've been up against are toying with Kidd and Prigs. Shump will help a ton.
JamesKPolk

1/5/2013  10:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2013  10:01 PM
NYKMentality wrote:

Yea, right, some "sucky defense" we played tonight. Outside of the 1st quarter we only allowed 70 points during the final 3 quarters. An average of only 23.3 points allowed per quarter.

Some fans such as yourself may harp all over the first quarter, but when using actual insight you'll notice that we only allowed 70 points during the final 3 quarters. Or better yet, only allowed 17 4th quarter points.

Outscored Orlando by the count of 87-70 during the final 3 quarters, but yet, our defense "sucked tonight". Some fans only pay attention to and/or remember the "first quarter". Everything else then becomes a moot point due to the "1st quarter".

The fact that you're even defending this defensive performance (yet another bad defensive performance might I add) against a bad offensive team is mind boggling and says all I need to know about you. You will not utter one criticism about the team, warranted or not. Therefore I cannot take your posts seriously. Thank you for posting and have a good night.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
gunsnewing
USA
1/5/2013  10:01 PM
MSG3 wrote:Most of our problems on D are because the quick guards we've been up against are toying with Kidd and Prigs. Shump will help a ton.

+1000000000000000

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/5/2013  10:02 PM
NYKMentality wrote:

You need to learn not to take things so personally especially when it comes to a sports team. Everyone is happy the knicks are doing well this year but we arent 33-0 the knicks have things on the defensive end that they need to clean up. put it this way we wont beat the heat bulls or even hawks playing teh type of defense we have been playing
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/5/2013  10:03 PM
And I hope you bums are seeing what Coach meant when he said he wanted Melo in better shape. The guy doesn't sit in the second half and still has to carry the team to the finish.........bitches.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/5/2013  10:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2013  10:06 PM
Anji wrote:And I hope you bums are seeing what Coach meant when he said he wanted Melo in better shape. The guy doesn't sit in the second half and still has to carry the team to the finish.........bitches.
Bums? Everyone wanted melo in better shape. In fact i thought that if melo lost weight he would be even better player and i was right since he is a top mvp candidate now
JamesKPolk

1/5/2013  10:06 PM
Anji wrote:And I hope you bums are seeing what Coach meant when he said he wanted Melo in better shape. The guy doesn't sit in the second half and still has to carry the team to the finish.........bitches.

Isiah Thomas still needs to be defended somewhere. Maybe you can go and help out.

gunsnewing
USA
1/5/2013  10:12 PM
I want to praise Melo at every turn. Just don't want anyone to think I have a man crush on him like some
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/5/2013  10:12 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:

Isiah Thomas still needs to be defended somewhere. Maybe you can go and help out.

Oh boy, one liner jerkoff Greekfan trying to bring back the Isaiah zingers.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
JamesKPolk

1/5/2013  10:13 PM
Anji wrote:
JamesKPolk wrote:

Oh boy, one liner jerkoff Greekfan trying to bring back the Isaiah zingers.

Hey, I had to endure insults from you about how great Isiah and Balkman were. Non-stop insults and trolling about how I was an idiot for not believing.

I guess you can't take what you dish out.

Look at yourself in the mirror before you call other people bums.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/5/2013  10:13 PM

The first quarter was disturbing but I disagree about nothing to be happy about. Melo was playing amazing on both ends of the floor. Melo is playing at a different level then he ever has in ny. Camby looks better every game. I was starting to worry about Kidd but he had a great game tonight. Amare looked better and was putting forth the effort on d. JR had another good game and it was a win. Magic did a lot better than I thought in the d12 trade.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/5/2013  10:15 PM
JamesKPolk wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:

The fact that you're even defending this defensive performance (yet another bad defensive performance might I add) against a bad offensive team is mind boggling and says all I need to know about you. You will not utter one criticism about the team, warranted or not. Therefore I cannot take your posts seriously. Thank you for posting and have a good night.

WHO in the hell are you to make such a statement?

GAME THREAD: KNICKS GO MAGIC 7:00 PM (ET) 1/5

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy