[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: SPURS @KNICKS, CAMBY MIGHT START 7:30
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

1/3/2013  10:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Wally just said JR was +27.

Yep the 2nd highest player was at 16. It's not the end all be all but sometimes it sheeds some light on a player effectiveness.

AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
1/3/2013  11:01 PM
cooch2584 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:This game was a mirror image of the November Knicks. Pretty much having Camby or Sheed to help Chandler protect the rim along with the breakthrough of Pablo P...man this team will be scary when everyone's healthy!

Didnt I say this in previous posts?? Ya know when a poster nails it at least give props.

Props!

Sorry cooch, can't read 'em all.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/3/2013  11:01 PM
Brewer played well too. Not even talking about the 2 made 3's but he really hustled defensively all over the court. Thats all we need from him and Camby til guys get back
blkexec
Member: #748
1/3/2013  11:07 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Brewer played well too. Not even talking about the 2 made 3's but he really hustled defensively all over the court. Thats all we need from him and Camby til guys get back

Exactly....can't knock a guy that came here for cheap....willing to be a system guy, guarding the best player every game. And doesn't cause any locker room chemistry problems. Great team player to have!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
1/3/2013  11:19 PM
cooch2584 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:This game was a mirror image of the November Knicks. Pretty much having Camby or Sheed to help Chandler protect the rim along with the breakthrough of Pablo P...man this team will be scary when everyone's healthy!

Didnt I say this in previous posts?? Ya know when a poster nails it at least give props.

Well...I've always said Sheed was the key player protecting the rim and grabbing rebounds resulting in our early success. If Camby and Stat can follow that same role, thats the missing link for us. I love Chandler as a player, but he's out of position too many times on those defensive switches. So he's always on the perimeter playing defense on a guard. (I hate that he switches on defense so fast, vs doing a show and tell move, while retrieving back to your man under the basket).

But Sheed hides this inefficiency of Chandler which compliments him very well. Camby and Stat can also provide a similar presence down low on the weak side. Complimenting Chandler on defense is the key to our defensive success down low. I never saw Chandler as a single defensive stopper, but more of a complimentary player down low.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/3/2013  11:27 PM
this is the knicks team we should expect every night.

the difference was summed up by prigioni in response to cervasio about the offense looking much better-- he said that when the defensive effort and focus is there it has a positive effect on the offense in terms of wanting to share the ball. amen!

as to prigioni, you can see that a guy who is a willing passer at the point helps make ball movement contagious. once he gets a little more practice in with a midrange shot in the pick and roll he is going to be that much better for us. melo had two very nice assists to novak even if they were a bit unorthodox-- he seemed a much more willing passer tonight. chandler was looking for cutters. it was exciting.

the only thing that tempers my enthusiasm a little bit was that the spurs were playing their 4th game in five nights.

lastly i think woodson should stick with camby as a starter.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
blkexec
1/4/2013  12:19 AM
dk7th wrote:this is the knicks team we should expect every night.

the difference was summed up by prigioni in response to cervasio about the offense looking much better-- he said that when the defensive effort and focus is there it has a positive effect on the offense in terms of wanting to share the ball. amen!

as to prigioni, you can see that a guy who is a willing passer at the point helps make ball movement contagious. once he gets a little more practice in with a midrange shot in the pick and roll he is going to be that much better for us. melo had two very nice assists to novak even if they were a bit unorthodox-- he seemed a much more willing passer tonight. chandler was looking for cutters. it was exciting.

the only thing that tempers my enthusiasm a little bit was that the spurs were playing their 4th game in five nights.

lastly i think woodson should stick with camby as a starter.

Outside of Stat....isn't Camby the highest paid bench player we have? Doesn't make financial since to have that must $$$ coming off the bench.

So what happens to Kurt Thomas? I guess him and White will get zero burn, especially when Shump and Rasheed comes back.

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

1/4/2013  3:01 AM
Official JR Smith Highlight of the Nite
that rhyme's! bro

Yeah baby + the win!

from Da DJ

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

1/4/2013  6:29 AM
Outstanding victory last night. Hopefully this win gets us going strong (once again).

Stoudemire still has a long ways to go in regards to fitting in but loved seeing Camby out there. With Chandler/Camby/Melo as our frontline we dominated SA off the glass (boards).

11 of our next 12 games are against Easter Conference teams. Time to go on a STRONG Eastern Conference RUN! Bring on Orlando.

JamesLin
Member: #3944
USA
1/4/2013  7:23 AM
I screamed, "holy shiit!" like a little girl when that happened. My eyes were still on Prigioni when Smith dunked that.

DJMUSIC wrote:Official JR Smith Highlight of the Nite
that rhyme's! bro

Yeah baby + the win!

from Da DJ

Get busy living or get busy dying. ---- Andy Dufresne
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

1/4/2013  9:12 AM
Not to take anything away from Knicks, but Spurs were 4th game in 5 nights and on the road, maybe Stern told Pop to take it easy tonight on the Knicks but don't send players home
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
1/4/2013  9:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2013  9:31 AM
Take It Away

IronWillGiroud wrote:Not to take anything away from Knicks, but Spurs were 4th game in 5 nights and on the road, maybe Stern told Pop to take it easy tonight on the Knicks but don't send players home

You did take something away from the Knicks, but you forgot something....

The Spurs just got swept.

If a team wants to go big we can start Camby with Tyson. Go small? We can bring three gifted guards at once.

Wanna have a three point shooting contest?

I don't think so.

A game of horse?

Mr. Smith got that covered.

We have an answer for everything.

once a knick always a knick
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

1/4/2013  9:38 AM
misterearl wrote:Take It Away

IronWillGiroud wrote:Not to take anything away from Knicks, but Spurs were 4th game in 5 nights and on the road, maybe Stern told Pop to take it easy tonight on the Knicks but don't send players home

If a team wants to go big we can start Camby with Tyson. Go small? We can bring three gifted guards at once.

I don't think so.

A game of horse?

No no no, that's why I said 'not to take anything away..' because I'm not taking anything away

Hell of a slam dunk

Spurs are tough cookies to crack, glad we could stick it to them

Prediction: Knicks Spurs finals, rematch, Knicks in 7

Just sayin', it won't always be this easy, I'm a big Spurs fan

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
1/4/2013  10:19 AM

Dafuq is this nonsense ???

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
NYDiva
Member: #4387

1/4/2013  10:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2013  10:55 AM
The Knicks may well have the Spurs number. Just as the Rockets have theirs this year. (Jury is still out on the Bulls, still think they can beat them with the right lineup.) I wouldn't say the Rockets were better than the Knicks overall. But they had trouble beating them, and run and gun teams in general. They tend to allow these types of teams to control the tempo of the game, & the Knicks have difficulty sustaining that level of uptempo play. (LUCKILY, the game slows down in the playoffs so I don't think they need worry about this over the long haul.)

The Knicks went into SA and beat the Spurs, then blew them out at the Garden. I really don't think these are flukes. They match up well against this team; they play them well. Nothing wrong with acknowledging that.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/4/2013  11:22 AM

I don't think so.

A game of horse?

True earl, I like your thinking.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
1/4/2013  11:31 AM
no question woodson got to the players at the right time in terms of re-asserting themselves on defense. prigioni said after the game to cervasio that it was because of the emphasis on defense that the offense began to really mesh after so many games of lackluster defense leading to disjointed offense. of course it helps when you have a point guard who actually can set up teammates to the tune of 9 assists.

no question the key for this team is to emphasize defense first. this game should catalyze the knicks and propel them to a first or second seed in the east. we HAVE TO be a first or second seed where the odds of making the ecf are in our favor. third seed the odds start working against us.

the knicks should have beaten the spurs last night because the spurs had to have been tired. the spurs tried desperately to crawl back in by the end of the first half and you kind of sensed that this was their last gasp for the night. they predictably unraveled once their energy disappeared.

knicks looked great being merciless.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
cooch2584
Member: #1187

1/4/2013  11:39 AM
dk7th wrote:no question woodson got to the players at the right time in terms of re-asserting themselves on defense. prigioni said after the game to cervasio that it was because of the emphasis on defense that the offense began to really mesh after so many games of lackluster defense leading to disjointed offense. of course it helps when you have a point guard who actually can set up teammates to the tune of 9 assists.

no question the key for this team is to emphasize defense first. this game should catalyze the knicks and propel them to a first or second seed in the east. we HAVE TO be a first or second seed where the odds of making the ecf are in our favor. third seed the odds start working against us.

the knicks should have beaten the spurs last night because the spurs had to have been tired. the spurs tried desperately to crawl back in by the end of the first half and you kind of sensed that this was their last gasp for the night. they predictably unraveled once their energy disappeared.

But the announcer was saying how the spurs have such a deep team and great bench.Where was their bench? Also steven jackson is dumb ass for tripping lol

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/4/2013  11:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/4/2013  11:47 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:

I don't think so.

A game of horse?

No no no, that's why I said 'not to take anything away..' because I'm not taking anything away

Hell of a slam dunk

Spurs are tough cookies to crack, glad we could stick it to them

Prediction: Knicks Spurs finals, rematch, Knicks in 7

Just sayin', it won't always be this easy, I'm a big Spurs fan

No, no, no, you said "but", IronWillGround.

Sorry we beat the sheehit out of your Pop-rested/Stern-fined team. Let me see, did

Timmy play? Check.

Tony play? Check.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight. Lets listen in on Pops in the huddle: "Okay fellas, we just beat the N*yets by thirty, but lets lose to the Knicks by 20. I'll show that stupid mish who runs this effing league!"

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
1/4/2013  11:49 AM
cooch2584 wrote:
dk7th wrote:no question woodson got to the players at the right time in terms of re-asserting themselves on defense. prigioni said after the game to cervasio that it was because of the emphasis on defense that the offense began to really mesh after so many games of lackluster defense leading to disjointed offense. of course it helps when you have a point guard who actually can set up teammates to the tune of 9 assists.

But the announcer was saying how the spurs have such a deep team and great bench.Where was their bench? Also steven jackson is dumb ass for tripping lol

They do. Their bench almost beat Miami in Miami

GAME THREAD: SPURS @KNICKS, CAMBY MIGHT START 7:30

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy