[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: NYETS FIRE AVERY
Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/27/2012  7:49 PM
They should have realized that the Nets had an easier schedule in November than in December. Unreal!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/27/2012  8:07 PM
The lesson that MDA and Avery showed is that you need to develop a great relationship with your teams best player. It's a death sentence when you lose the teams star player. The star stops playing hard and you can't survive. Magic and Jordan started this kind of thing and it's never gone away. The Star player has to like you and want to play hard for you. MDA will likely have success in LA cuz Nash and Kobe love him, but if those guys are gone and it's just D12, then I see MDA losing that job down the line.
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
12/27/2012  8:27 PM
wow. very unfair. the only thing i can think of is if he lost the lockerroom like he did in dallas. they replace him with pj, a coach that never defers to his players and famous for almost getting chocked out by spree with no support from other players. that is going to go weel with deron. pass the popcorn.
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

12/27/2012  8:58 PM
nixluva wrote:The lesson that MDA and Avery showed is that you need to develop a great relationship with your teams best player. It's a death sentence when you lose the teams star player. The star stops playing hard and you can't survive. Magic and Jordan started this kind of thing and it's never gone away. The Star player has to like you and want to play hard for you. MDA will likely have success in LA cuz Nash and Kobe love him, but if those guys are gone and it's just D12, then I see MDA losing that job down the line.

Does Kobe really love him?

I am not saying that he doesn't, just want to know how you know that?

Syniko
Member: #3969

12/27/2012  9:23 PM
nixluva wrote:The lesson that MDA and Avery showed is that you need to develop a great relationship with your teams best player. It's a death sentence when you lose the teams star player. The star stops playing hard and you can't survive. Magic and Jordan started this kind of thing and it's never gone away. The Star player has to like you and want to play hard for you. MDA will likely have success in LA cuz Nash and Kobe love him, but if those guys are gone and it's just D12, then I see MDA losing that job down the line.

The strange thing was with Melo is that MDA is the most liberal coach in the NBA. He doesn't care if you jack up 40 shots in a game and yet Melo found a way to dislike him.

Knicks were playing terrible last season because Melo was being a Primadonna instead of fighting hard for himself and the team. He only started fighting hard after MDA resigned.

Melo was just upset that as soon as he came back, Knicks went on a losing streak right off the heels of the winning streak during Linsanity.

Syniko

12/27/2012  9:27 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:

Kobe always have good things to say about MDA even as far back as when Suns used to kick Lakers butt in the playoff back in mid-00's. There were times where Kobe would make a 3 pointer in front of Sun's bench and he would turn around and smile at MDA and MDA would smile back playfully. Another coach that seems to love Kobe is George Karl.

mrKnickShot

12/27/2012  9:28 PM
Syniko wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

Kobe always have good things to say about MDA even as far back as when Suns used to kick Lakers butt in the playoff back in mid-00's. There were times where Kobe would make a 3 pointer in front of Sun's bench and he would turn around and smile at MDA and MDA would smile back playfully. Another coach that seems to love Kobe is George Karl.

Interesting because Kobe was/is not their type of player.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/27/2012  9:30 PM
Syniko wrote:

The strange thing was with Melo is that MDA is the most liberal coach in the NBA. He doesn't care if you jack up 40 shots in a game and yet Melo found a way to dislike him.

Knicks were playing terrible last season because Melo was being a Primadonna instead of fighting hard for himself and the team. He only started fighting hard after MDA resigned.

Melo was just upset that as soon as he came back, Knicks went on a losing streak right off the heels of the winning streak during Linsanity.

D'Antoni is extremely rigid. I would not describe him as liberal. Also, I don't think Melo disliked him and I am not sure that he ever knew how much he personally stressed D'Antoni. Personally, I think D'Antoni covers his anxiety/uneasiness with being an authority figure/communicater by putting on a persona of being very easy going. Listen to the olympians talk about him. They see him as a laid back guy that doesn't sweat things. Nothing could be farther from the truth in my opinion. D'Antoni also is all about system. Winning his way seems to be more important than winning. I also think Melo doesn't have the filter or sophistication for the NY media. He is honest in his answers and his words are taken out of context and picked apart (i.e. his comment on the Lin contract). When he said he wasn't trying as hard I took it as he had grown tired of the losing and trying the same thing over and over again when it wasn't working. In a sense, resigned to his fate.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/27/2012  9:54 PM
you think JVG would take that job, seems like a perfect fit?
ES
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/27/2012  10:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:you think JVG would take that job, seems like a perfect fit?

JVG does not want to coach a guy like Deron. He despises guys like Dwight and Deron after what his brother went through

Syniko

12/27/2012  10:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2012  10:59 PM
If Nets offer PJax 20 million, there is a slim/strange chance he'll go to Brooklyn. That is a lot of money to throw around for one year. PJ could coast it and still get paid.

Championship means more to PJ than money. He's got all the money in the world. You can't buy championship. You EARN it.

JVG would no doubt have taken the Lakers job if it were offered to him. Nets, not so much. There is nothing in Brooklyn that would entice JVG to coach the team.

Mray20
Member: #3138

12/28/2012  12:14 AM
Deron Williams = Stephon Marbury, difference is D.Will has actually been surrounded by talent.
No layups!
mrKnickShot

12/28/2012  12:39 AM
Mray20 wrote:Deron Williams = Stephon Marbury, difference is D.Will has actually been surrounded by talent.

Marbury had a very talented team in minny

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/28/2012  1:26 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Syniko wrote:

D'Antoni is extremely rigid. I would not describe him as liberal. Also, I don't think Melo disliked him and I am not sure that he ever knew how much he personally stressed D'Antoni. Personally, I think D'Antoni covers his anxiety/uneasiness with being an authority figure/communicater by putting on a persona of being very easy going. Listen to the olympians talk about him. They see him as a laid back guy that doesn't sweat things. Nothing could be farther from the truth in my opinion. D'Antoni also is all about system. Winning his way seems to be more important than winning. I also think Melo doesn't have the filter or sophistication for the NY media. He is honest in his answers and his words are taken out of context and picked apart (i.e. his comment on the Lin contract). When he said he wasn't trying as hard I took it as he had grown tired of the losing and trying the same thing over and over again when it wasn't working. In a sense, resigned to his fate.

Do you ever get tired of spouting utter nonsense? The picture you paint of MDA is only true in your own head. EVERYONE that has spoken about MDA's "system" has made it clear that he LIBERATES players to just play and not be hemmed in by some rigid or difficult to understand system. In all the years of me breaking down what MDA's "system" is all about you still don't seem to understand it.

As for the Olympic team those guys are saying he's laid back cuz he is. Even his former Suns players for the most part didn't see him as some rigid guy. MDA allows players to play free of worry about making a mistake and he simplifies the game for his players and that's why generally guys play better for him than they did before playing for him. Melo was one of the only guys that didn't want to buy in. Even tho Melo had great stats when he came over in the big trade that 1st yr. Melo has been playing under an MDA offense for 2 years. In the Olympics and even now he's still playing in a system that is basically a version of MDA's system. So we know he most definitely could've thrived under MDA if he wanted to.

As for MDA being all about his system, I think for one thing he should have confidence in a system that he knows works, but he was NEVER 100% rigid in his implementation of that system here in NY. He NEVER was able to truly run SSOL here and made multiple changes to that system to try and accommodate the limitations of the players we had. If you have some proof that he didn't alter his system to fit the players we had i'd like to hear it and a full explanation of this proof. For instance did we run SSOL when we had Zach and Jamal? How about after the trades? What MDA did was run only some of his halfcourt stuff at a much slower pace that Duhon and our other players could handle.

Regarding Avery and Deron which was in some ways similar to MDA/Melo, I think Avery was used as a scapegoat by Deron for his own poor performance, much like Melo did. MDA didn't make Melo shoot poorly for much of last year. That was just him playing bad BB. Avery didn't make Joe Johnson suck, he was responsible for that. When the Nets were winning they looked well coached and solid on D. Who knows what went wrong, but the players weren't responding to Avery anymore. IMO Avery needed a Jason Kidd. IMO the only thing that has saved Woody has been the presence of Kidd, who has covered up some of the teams flaws. If we were only relying on Felton I'm positive we would've lost more games. That wouldn't have made Woody a bad coach.

Woody's thing is defense and yet the Knicks are not really a great defensive team this year. This year the Knicks are #3 Offense and the #16 defense. That MDA inspired offense is what it saving the Knicks bacon right now. Funny cuz right now the Knicks favor an MDA Suns team in terms of how they play. Top level offense and decent defense was how the Suns won. Suns were #1 or #2 on offense every year and were #13-17 on Defense just like the Knicks are right now.

mrKnickShot

12/28/2012  1:47 AM
Nixluva,

Aren't the knicks one of the slowest paced teams in the league?

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/28/2012  5:37 AM
What would Jackson demand from the Nyets???

A hover Chair

A human hunt every third weekend of the month

A BitchPhil clone of himself to coach road games

A cane made from the bones of Jimmy Hoffa

A fresh bath of Beyonces Breast Milk every Morning

What else????

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/28/2012  7:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2012  7:24 AM
Deron's got four more max contract years left and Joe Johnson's got three. Brook Lopez has 3 more years of near-max contract salary. The Nets are gonna be mediocre for a long time..
Mray20
Member: #3138

12/28/2012  7:27 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
Mray20 wrote:Deron Williams = Stephon Marbury, difference is D.Will has actually been surrounded by talent.

Marbury had a very talented team in minny

Yes he did but he only played there for his first 2 and a half seasons , I was talking about how Marbury was pretty much a cancer when he was asked to the be the franchise player in NY but at least he didn't have the talent around him Deron has now in Brooklyn

No layups!
VCoug
Member: #1406

12/28/2012  7:41 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:you think JVG would take that job, seems like a perfect fit?

JVG does not want to coach a guy like Deron. He despises guys like Dwight and Deron after what his brother went through

Which is really ironic considering he got his first chance to be a head coach because Ewing got Don Nelson fired.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
12/28/2012  8:19 AM
Avery Johnson's voice is annoying as hell. Imagine listening to him for hours everyday for over a year.

I dont blame Deron Williams.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
OT: NYETS FIRE AVERY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy