[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: NYETS FIRE AVERY
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
12/27/2012  2:32 PM
nice! Jarrod is a Magic beatwriter

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Stan Van Gundy has no interest in Brooklyn job <--- Sucks for the @BrooklynNets. How about Nate McMillian or Brian Shaw

If I'm the Nyets I look at Nate McMillian for sure

AUTOADVERT
MS
Posts: 25866
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/28/2004
Member: #724
12/27/2012  2:32 PM
What's interesting about this situation is Billy King. The guy is flat out terrible. This is a huge problem in the NBA. They recycle idiots that have no idea what their doing and they continue to get jobs.

Just to refresh as the Sixers GM
$35.5 million to Aaron McKie
$29 million to Eric Snow.
$18 million to Greg Buckner.
$40 million to Kenny Thomas
$25 million to Brian Skinner.
$25 million to Kyle Korver
$60 million to Sam Dalembert

Are you ****ing kidding me. Then this ******* gets the Nets job, takes on the worst contract in the entire league in Joe Johnson, when no fooling he could have signed OJ Mayo, JR Smith and Jamal Crawford for less combined.

Manages to take a lottery pick that in the top 6 for Gerald Wallace a player that may have got 5-6MM on the open market and give him 11MM per. Of course he wasn't finished giving Humpries 12MM contract.

Obama might want to get on the NBA before he gets on Wall Street. Thats one of the most criminal offseasons since Isiah Thomas was employed.

gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
12/27/2012  2:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2012  2:36 PM
Great point MS. Also if the Nyets hire SVG say goodbye to any chance of getting Dwight Howard lol
K22
Posts: 25141
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/18/2006
Member: #1182
USA
12/27/2012  2:38 PM
Let's dust this off...


Avery Johnson....

-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
ChuckBuck
Posts: 28851
Alba Posts: 11
Joined: 1/3/2012
Member: #3806
USA
12/27/2012  2:42 PM
gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
12/27/2012  2:54 PM
Phil Jackson and Deron is not a good fit. I don't think Phil takes the job no matter how much Proko offers
NYKBocker
Posts: 35379
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
12/27/2012  3:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2012  3:11 PM
If the Nyets really want to stick it to the Knicks then they should sign Patrick Ewing as head coach.

I would actually watch them if this happens.

CashMoney
Posts: 23090
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/15/2011
Member: #3374
USA
12/27/2012  3:12 PM
Bottom line is that the Nets aren't as good as many thought they would be. I don't know why so many thought they would be that good anyway.

Deron stating that the reason he sucks this year is too much isolation? That he prefers the system of his first coach he made so disgusted that the dude quit after 2 decades on the job.

LOL, the Nets are taking over NYC my arse.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
AnubisADL
Posts: 27382
Alba Posts: 13
Joined: 6/29/2009
Member: #2771
USA
12/27/2012  3:12 PM
Nets need to hire Isiah Thomas.
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
NYKBocker
Posts: 35379
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
12/27/2012  3:13 PM
AnubisADL wrote:Nets need to hire Isiah Thomas.

Bwahahaha!! That would be epic.

gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
12/27/2012  3:15 PM
NYKBocker wrote:If the Nyets really want to stick it to the Knicks then they should sign Patrick Ewing as head coach.

I would actually watch them if this happens.

Oh My god dont even go there man!

Gymkata
Posts: 20677
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/7/2010
Member: #3169

12/27/2012  3:16 PM
Rex Ryan might be available.
"I can not say all the secrets."
smackeddog
Posts: 32464
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
12/27/2012  3:23 PM
gunsnewing wrote:nice! Jarrod is a Magic beatwriter

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Stan Van Gundy has no interest in Brooklyn job <--- Sucks for the @BrooklynNets. How about Nate McMillian or Brian Shaw

If I'm the Nyets I look at Nate McMillian for sure

Nate and Deron would get on wonderfully! I'd pay to see how that works out! He's a good coach but he seems to develop a hatred for his PGs.

Uptown
Posts: 26284
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

12/27/2012  3:36 PM
They'll reach out to Phil but this aint a ready made 'chip contender so I highly doubt he'd take the job.
gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
12/27/2012  3:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:nice! Jarrod is a Magic beatwriter

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏@JRudolphSports
Stan Van Gundy has no interest in Brooklyn job <--- Sucks for the @BrooklynNets. How about Nate McMillian or Brian Shaw

If I'm the Nyets I look at Nate McMillian for sure

Nate and Deron would get on wonderfully! I'd pay to see how that works out! He's a good coach but he seems to develop a hatred for his PGs.

good point. Really dont know who the Nyets sign hopefully not Ewing but they will go for a guy with experience

loweyecue
Posts: 27468
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 11/20/2005
Member: #1037

12/27/2012  3:58 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Nyets have the players. Blatche, evans, stack, brooks, watson. Not great but they should be better than 14-14. Anywhere in that 4-6 range. The problem is they think they are right there with Miami. It's been a rude awakening and I love it

Sounds like another team we know?

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
12/27/2012  4:14 PM
loweyecue wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Nyets have the players. Blatche, evans, stack, brooks, watson. Not great but they should be better than 14-14. Anywhere in that 4-6 range. The problem is they think they are right there with Miami. It's been a rude awakening and I love it

Sounds like another team we know?

The Knicks? Knicks are right there with Miami at 21-8

CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
12/27/2012  4:15 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Nyets have the players. Blatche, evans, stack, brooks, watson. Not great but they should be better than 14-14. Anywhere in that 4-6 range. The problem is they think they are right there with Miami. It's been a rude awakening and I love it
The Nets have a size advantage at every position over most teams. With Bropez healthy in November that worked really well for them. I don't know why Avery decided to go small, better defense and speed probably but it played against the strength of the roster and how that team was built. I think they will be really good next spring. However, it would benefit their next coach to play to the teams strengths. Hump, Bropez, Blatche, Evans and Wallace is a great front line. Bogans has played well for them as well. Johnson and Williams have excellent size for the back court. The Nets should be a lot better.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
12/27/2012  4:21 PM
This is awesome...

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
In an email to http://SI.com , Stan Van Gundy says he has "no interest at all" in the Nets head coaching job.

K22
Posts: 25141
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/18/2006
Member: #1182
USA
12/27/2012  4:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2012  4:22 PM
gunsnewing wrote:This is awesome...

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
In an email to http://SI.com , Stan Van Gundy says he has "no interest at all" in the Nets head coaching job.

Translation: "Billy King hasn't called me yet."

-- the preceding post was brought to you by the letter K and the number 22.
OT: NYETS FIRE AVERY

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.